PS3 freezing up? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-09-2008, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I bought my PS3 about a year ago and since I've I had it I can remember about 2-3 times it has froze on me where I couldn't do anything and had to reset it by hitting the on/off switch on the console. Most recently the other day playing Burnout Paradise and again this summer playing Rock Band.

Is this something that might happen on occasion or should I be concerned that something is about to break?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-09-2008, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Basically the PS3 is a computer. and Just like PC's software will sometimes cause the PS3 to crash...freeze up. So long as you power cycle it correctly You'll be fine. HOLD the power button on the front of the ps3 until it beeps then allow it to shut off. DO NOT EVER shut it off with the power switch on the back when it crashes. Doing this will increase the chance of you coruputing the Hard drive.

My PS3 has crashed, froze up so many times with all the beta testing I've done for Home and Warhawk, LBP...etc and the software bugs in the games like Burnout or Battle Field Bad Company. It's a launch unit 60gig with far too many hours of gaming time on, and it still works like a champ. Shut it down fine and you'll be ok
Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page