Street Fighter IV Discussion Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 880 Old 12-23-2008, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After watching the 1up show last Friday, I'm getting thoroughly pumped for this. Here's a link for the SFIV segment:

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/23089

Also, I found this pretty cool. Microsoft, Sony, and Capcom will be pitting their best SF players in a tourney at next year's CES.........

http://kotaku.com/5116522/street-fig...t-against-sony

Quote:
It's like something out of a fanboy fantasy land. At next year's CES, there will be a Street Fighter IV tournament. In which Capcom, Microsoft and Sony will select champions, then do battle.

For real. They will fight, you will take sides, sh!t will get real.

Each publisher's community leader - Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb for Microsoft, Jeff Rubenstein for Sony and Seth Killian for Capcom - will be there, and they'll be leading teams of 20 (with contestants drawn from people like you) in a three-way festival of d!ck-swinging, name-taking and all around sh!t-talkery.

CES is due to take place January 8-11 in Vegas. Further details on how you sign up for this apocalyptic event to come.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 880 Old 12-23-2008, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Huge Street fighter fan, but a good arcade stick is a must! I downloaded Street fighter HD and damn, without an arcade stick I suck! It's not even fun I get wooped on so bad.

Damn, SF4 is going to be expensive for me.

"You went full ******, man. Never go full ******."
om [NOM] nom
post #3 of 880 Old 12-23-2008, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdjenk View Post

Huge Street fighter fan, but a good arcade stick is a must! I downloaded Street fighter HD and damn, without an arcade stick I suck! It's not even fun I get wooped on so bad.

QFT.

It's nearly impossible to do the rolling moves or >v> type moves on either the analog stick or d-pad. I'll be picking up an arcade stick once I get my tax stuff figured out in the new year.
post #4 of 880 Old 12-23-2008, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I can't wait for this game. I'm glad it's coming out Feb. 17th, SF4 and the arcade stick will be my Valentine's gift since I plan on getting her some nice jewlery.
post #5 of 880 Old 12-23-2008, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'd actually consider plunking down some cash for a decent stick for this. Any suggestions for a decent stick at a decent price?
post #6 of 880 Old 12-23-2008, 11:42 AM

Liked: 14
Ya I am totally getting my arse handed to me w/o a stick! I feel like im about to get an anuerism i get so mad. But there are some decent stick's on ebay from 29.99 to 47 bucks. Or you can make your own http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=5037

PSN: AWDdsm
XBL: ORDEProject
post #7 of 880 Old 12-23-2008, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
If you're looking for a joystick, I would suggest you pre-order one as soon as possible. Mad Katz is making a normal joystick and a Tournament Edition with genuine Sanwa parts (exact arcade parts in SFIV cabinets). The TE will most likely sell very quickly.
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162653

You can also find custom stick makers at www.shoryuken.com. I have a custom Sanwa from www.arcadeinabox.com and it is a fantastic joystick.
post #8 of 880 Old 12-23-2008, 12:41 PM

I actually played SFIV at the last San Diego Comic Con, fantastic game and the Graphics are defiantely fun.

I already have a stick so I'm good with it
post #9 of 880 Old 12-23-2008, 06:44 PM

I'm the best SF4 player here on AVS
post #10 of 880 Old 12-23-2008, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

oh boy... here we go.

At least you could wait until the game is actually out before you have to put your foot in your mouth

PSN: Zetram00
MGO: Tez $$
post #11 of 880 Old 12-23-2008, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdjenk View Post

I rocked street fighter on ps2. I can't play for crap on arcade sticks, but give me the dual shock and I will rock it. For some reason, I can't play using sticks unless i'm standing up and even then it's a pain. I like the controller.
post #12 of 880 Old 12-23-2008, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

I wonder how different those SFIV sticks are from the HRAP3 I have... I went back and swapped out the Hori buttons for Sanwa OBSF-30 on that and it made a nice improvement.
post #13 of 880 Old 12-23-2008, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 57
So do you think the $60 SFIV stick is going to be good? What's the difference?

I don't see myself spending $150 on a stick, even though I would love to have it.
post #14 of 880 Old 12-24-2008, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

I have put more hours into the Street Fighter series of games then anything else I've played over the years. I've played the games in the arcades, SNES, 3DO, PSOne, PS2 and now PS3 with SSTHD. I will definitely pick up SFIV. I hope the gameplay manages to stay intact with the move to 3D.

Edit: As far as sticks go, I think they are good as long as they are supported and immobile as would be the case in a cabinet. I have never been able to play with a stick on my lap. If the stick is not supported, I do better with a gamepad.

PS Network: HZR
Xbox 360 Tag: HZR Nam 75
Wii Connect: 7793 3308 1436 9373

I support cycle commuting.
post #15 of 880 Old 12-24-2008, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMD_Terp View Post

I wonder how different those SFIV sticks are from the HRAP3 I have... I went back and swapped out the Hori buttons for Sanwa OBSF-30 on that and it made a nice improvement.

- If you've already changed to Sanwa parts, I doubt you'll see a difference since the Mad Catz is using the same buttons.
post #16 of 880 Old 12-24-2008, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellG View Post

So do you think the $60 SFIV stick is going to be good? What's the difference?

I don't see myself spending $150 on a stick, even though I would love to have it.

- It's not out yet, but it's supposed to be better than the Hori EX2 (DOA4, VF5, SCIV) stick that is out now. I've used the Hori EX2 quite a bit and I think it's a decent controller. You should be able to do moves much more easily than with the standard controller.

But in comparison to the Sanwa joystick and buttons, I don't think it's a fair comparison. The joystick has a better throw and the buttons are extremely sensitive.
post #17 of 880 Old 12-24-2008, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IeraseU View Post

I hope the gameplay manages to stay intact with the move to 3D.

The gameplay is still 2D (you won't be able to sidestep a fireball). However, the background looks and camera moves like it's 3D.

Xbox Live: ChestR0ckWell23 (that's a zero after the R)
PSN: VeeArSix
post #18 of 880 Old 12-24-2008, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Don't forget the character are 3D fully animated models.

The great thing about this game is definately next gen but w/o getting away from the fundamentals that made SF2 the mega hit it was/is.

PSN: Zetram00
MGO: Tez $$
post #19 of 880 Old 12-24-2008, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the link Neemo6. I am now motivated to build my own stick as I am pretty crafty. I'm going to skip the solderless part though. Does anyone know if I can use the guts of PS2 controller to work on the PS3?

Edit: Nevermind forgot they weren't USB, its been a while.

Redit(sorry a little holiday drinking at work going on) I got a Logitech PC controller (replica pf PS2 controller) gonna plug it in to see if it works.

"You went full ******, man. Never go full ******."
om [NOM] nom
post #20 of 880 Old 12-24-2008, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
That thread is gigantic... any one have a synopsis on how the Hori Fight stick3 compares to the Madcatz stick?

Also.. why havent I seen any Blue tooth aftermarket controllers?
post #21 of 880 Old 12-24-2008, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqlla View Post

That thread is gigantic... any one have a synopsis on how the Hori Fight stick3 compares to the Madcatz stick?

- The Standard edition should be similar to the Hori Fighting stick since they both use generic parts. Some reports have said that it's a little better, but I doubt the difference will be huge. There should be a big difference in the Tournament edition though.
post #22 of 880 Old 12-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Advanced Member

I'm more excited for this game than any other game. I don't know if I've ever been so excited for a game in the last 6 or 7 years.
post #23 of 880 Old 01-06-2009, 10:37 PM

I went to a local arcade to check it out and it's awesome. The arcade had a machine with two screens and separate controls on each screen. The arcade had 52" LCD monitors to display it, it looks VERY good.
post #24 of 880 Old 01-07-2009, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx View Post

I rocked street fighter on ps2. I can't play for crap on arcade sticks, but give me the dual shock and I will rock it. For some reason, I can't play using sticks unless i'm standing up and even then it's a pain. I like the controller.

Same Here. Im gonna buy this
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Street-Fi...339229&sr=8-11
post #25 of 880 Old 01-09-2009, 12:21 AM

Scooped two Tournament Edition sticks from www.lizardlick.com.

#1 most anticipated title for me since the day it was announced. I can't wait. It's driving me nuts.

PSN: bokchoykn
post #26 of 880 Old 01-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Gai
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee K View Post

I'm more excited for this game than any other game. I don't know if I've ever been so excited for a game in the last 6 or 7 years.

ME 2. I feel almost giddy about it. Like I'm back in college playing SF2.

Thanksgiving can be a sham, but it's a sham with yams. It's a yam sham.
post #27 of 880 Old 01-09-2009, 06:43 AM

Street Fighter just isn't the same without a stick.

I have SF2 HD remix and the game is pretty difficult on the controller, even on normal setting. It's not even worth trying to play because I get pretty frustrated trying to throw fireballs or a jumping uppercut only to have the guy throw a straight punch lol.

Going to look into a couple cheap sticks for this game.
post #28 of 880 Old 01-09-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post

- The Standard edition should be similar to the Hori Fighting stick since they both use generic parts. Some reports have said that it's a little better, but I doubt the difference will be huge. There should be a big difference in the Tournament edition though.

i think the standard edition will be much better than the hori fighting sticks (xbox or ps3) since the buttons and stick are easily swappable from what i've read. the buttons on the hori's (not the real arcade but the cheaper ones) are soldered to the pcb. i had an ex2 (soul calibur version) that lasted about a week. three buttons quit working. pita to replace buttons since i'm no good with a soldering iron. not to mention it was probably the crappy pcb that went out. the standard edition of these sticks is supposed to have quick disconnects so dropping some sanwas or seimitsus in it should be a breeze.
post #29 of 880 Old 01-09-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludawg23 View Post

Street Fighter just isn't the same without a stick.

You just don't have the right pad. They sell Saturn pads that can hook up to a PS3 via a convertor and the CVS2 pads for the PS2 are the bomb.

Streetfighter and CV2 absolutely do not need a stick to be effective.

Now Streetfighter 3 and all the VS games are another story. For those games a Stick is pretty much the only way to be good.

When SF4 hits they will be releasing a new set of pads for both the PS3 and 360. The maker of those pads reguarly posts on SRK ,and he is also a heavy pad player.

He says the new pads are better then the Saturn pads, which everyone considers to be the best pads ever made.

The best pads are acutely the CVS2 dreamcast pads,tho..so anything close to that is going to be godlike.
post #30 of 880 Old 01-09-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Column View Post

You just don't have the right pad. They sell Saturn pads that can hook up to a PS3 via a convertor and the CVS2 pads for the PS2 are the bomb.

Streetfighter and CV2 absolutely do not need a stick to be effective.

Now Streetfighter 3 and all the VS games are another story. For those games a Stick is pretty much the only way to be good.

When SF4 hits they will be releasing a new set of pads for both the PS3 and 360. The maker of those pads reguarly posts on SRK ,and he is also a heavy pad player.

He says the new pads are better then the Saturn pads, which everyone considers to be the best pads ever made.

The best pads are acutely the CVS2 dreamcast pads,tho..so anything close to that is going to be godlike.

i have one of the usb saturn pad's for ps3 and this man speaks the truth. definitely the best pad around. i bought it for my girlfriend since she doesn't like using sticks. her street fighter game improved immediately. it took me back to the good old days also. love that pad. the new madcatz one's were designed with the saturn pad in mind. if fact i think they were designed to surpass the saturn pad's quality. i have preordered three of them in addition to a te stick for myself for the 360 (since i have a hrap3 for ps3 and it is easier to mod a 360 stick to work with a ps3 with a chtulu board or something similar then the other way around). akuma for xbox 360, ken for ps3, and chun li for ps3 (for my gal since she loves chun li). i just wish they would have made a cammy pad. no love i tell ya.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page