Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 653 Old 06-25-2010, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey Guys,

I've finally completed the SP 100% last night. Now I need to work on MP. I saw you on too Grand. I am/still am waiting on KingShorty to do some MP with, but I'm sure he won't mind me getting in a few matched while he watches the World Cup. I'll be a complete noob at the MP but if you can help a fellow out it would be great. I just need the MP trophies for Plat (plus the damn 500 kills with mounted guns).

See you online.

PS. how do you see your MP invites. I got one the othernight and for the life of me couldn't find it to reply to.

PSN ID: dogdoctor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 653 Old 06-25-2010, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Dog hit me up too. I need the Free for all, and team game wins.

The mounted guns are easy. In MP, go to the presidio (?) NE Mexico, there is a cannon on the in game map. shoot a lantern and the explosion will give you a wanted level (or throw dynomite or fire bottle). Climb up to a gun and shoot away. The more people doing it, the more federales will come after you. Goes relatively quick. I preferred this over doing it in SP.

To accept an invite. press select (or start) can't remember which gets you to the menu with map and stats. Scroll down to multiplayer and press X, in there there are choices and one will have a 1 after it (1 invite). Select it, and choose the erson who sent the invite.

When you are in free roam with them, join in a posse (hopefully they will send an invite). Otherwise you need to press select, then R1 to go to the screen where the others are in the world. Choose the person you want to invite or accept if the sent one already. If they sent an invite, it will appear as an envelope icon. Otherwise, if there is more than 1 in their posse, send your request to the player with the star icon (he is the posse leader, and only one who can invite you)

Michael

PSN: Chiahead

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Loganed on 8/29/2008
post #543 of 653 Old 06-25-2010, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

P.S. King won't play this yet, he has to focus on Toy Story 3...

Yeah I am one of the 2 still listening to the poscast.

Michael

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Loganed on 8/29/2008
post #544 of 653 Old 06-25-2010, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiahead View Post

Dog hit me up too. I need the Free for all, and team game wins.

The mounted guns are easy. In MP, go to the presidio (?) NE Mexico, there is a cannon on the in game map. shoot a lantern and the explosion will give you a wanted level (or throw dynomite or fire bottle). Climb up to a gun and shoot away. The more people doing it, the more federales will come after you. Goes relatively quick. I preferred this over doing it in SP.

To accept an invite. press select (or start) can't remember which gets you to the menu with map and stats. Scroll down to multiplayer and press X, in there there are choices and one will have a 1 after it (1 invite). Select it, and choose the erson who sent the invite.

When you are in free roam with them, join in a posse (hopefully they will send an invite). Otherwise you need to press select, then R1 to go to the screen where the others are in the world. Choose the person you want to invite or accept if the sent one already. If they sent an invite, it will appear as an envelope icon. Otherwise, if there is more than 1 in their posse, send your request to the player with the star icon (he is the posse leader, and only one who can invite you)

I'm game, anyone up for getting little posse together tonight/tomorrow late night (say 11ish - 2am PST). If I can knock out some of the trophies, then when King comes back to PS3 late night gaming, I can help him knock out the ones I've gotten.

post #545 of 653 Old 06-25-2010, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

I will see if I'm on that late (that is about when I log off). I can grout some more tile tonight then see if I still have energy to get on.

Michael

Loganed on 8/29/2008
post #546 of 653 Old 06-25-2010, 12:46 PM

Liked: 10
11pm your time is 2am my time! I need sleep unlike you zulu weirdos

I'd love to play at a decent hour any time you want though. I had a lot of fun with you guys in BFBC & BF1943..... especially landing a plane on your boat

post #547 of 653 Old 06-25-2010, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

also forgot to tell you, but if you press up on the D pad, after you whistle for your horse, it is an open mic to the entire world, so you can verbally tell your friends to invite you into the posse too.

You can always hear your posse members, and the rest of the world is proximity chat.

Michael

Loganed on 8/29/2008
post #548 of 653 Old 06-25-2010, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Well I can look into time changes. I will ask the wife if I can get on sooner. I will say it will be unrealistic for me to be on before 10pm. With a newborn and a 3 y/o with an 9:00 bedtime it's tuff.

As for weekends, naptime is 2 - 4 pm. Much better for you east coasters.

But in a little over 1 month I'll be and East Coaster again! Boston here I come.

post #549 of 653 Old 06-25-2010, 01:04 PM

Boston? I thought you were moving to Chicago?...or was that Shorty?

post #550 of 653 Old 06-25-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdoctor View Post

Well I can look into time changes. I will ask the wife if I can get on sooner. I will say it will be unrealistic for me to be on before 10pm. With a newborn and a 3 y/o with an 9:00 bedtime it's tuff.

As for weekends, naptime is 2 - 4 pm. Much better for you east coasters.

But in a little over 1 month I'll be and East Coaster again! Boston here I come.

Yes 2 - 4 is a great nap time for me
post #551 of 653 Old 06-25-2010, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grand sport View Post

Boston? I thought you were moving to Chicago?...or was that Shorty?

Shorty is in Chicago. Although he claims he now moving in with us. For us it was a marital debate between upstate NY or Boston. I won. And she won as well. 3 weeks ago she got the offer for a Post Doc postion at the Harvard Medical School. How cool is that!

post #552 of 653 Old 06-28-2010, 07:28 AM

Congrats! Sounds like you two really have your stuff together. I like to see that.

post #553 of 653 Old 06-28-2010, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Congrats! Sounds like you two really have your stuff together. I like to see that.

Thanks. Hey do you guys think you can come together for a time to make my posse of 8. It would just need to be for like 1 min and then we can go our separate ways.

post #554 of 653 Old 06-28-2010, 12:30 PM

I'm in. When?

I saw you on yesterday but with the storms we had roll through I kept getting disconnected from PSN (something in my phonebox (DSL) goes wonky when it gets wet.)
I didn't want to be the guy who kept randomly dropping out.

post #555 of 653 Old 06-28-2010, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm in. When?

I saw you on yesterday but with the storms we had roll through I kept getting disconnected from PSN (something in my phonebox (DSL) goes wonky when it gets wet.)
I didn't want to be the guy who kept randomly dropping out.

I don't know. Sometime that is convenient for all.

post #556 of 653 Old 06-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
If anyone is looking for a good place to get the "10-kill streak in an advanced co-op mission" trophy, I recommend "The Escape". When you get to Tumbleweed, go straight for a cannon and start bombarding the crowd of goons in town and in front of the church. Nice and easy.

- Jer
post #557 of 653 Old 06-28-2010, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaines View Post

If anyone is looking for a good place to get the "10-kill streak in an advanced co-op mission" trophy, I recommend "The Escape". When you get to Tumbleweed, go straight for a cannon and start bombarding the crowd of goons in town and in front of the church. Nice and easy.

- Jer

Thanks for the heads up. I kept getting 10 kill streaks on the regular missions before I realized it needed to be in the advanced. How many missions are there. On the regulars: I've got 3 golds (Ammunition, River, kidnapped Girl), a silver (Walton's Gold) and a broze (The Herd - don't recommend doing with just 2 people), and I know I have not tried "The Escape" just yet.

post #558 of 653 Old 06-28-2010, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

I think there are 6. I got gold's on all but the river. Of course I was in a group of 4 who communicated, so they were not too bad.

Michael

Loganed on 8/29/2008
post #559 of 653 Old 06-28-2010, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think there are 6. I got gold's on all but the river. Of course I was in a group of 4 who communicated, so they were not too bad.

Yeah, the River with 3 was a cake walk. Herd with 2 is just not enough hands once the cattle get involved. Communication was key. Walton's Gold was just stupidity that got us.

post #560 of 653 Old 06-29-2010, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't have the last part of the map unlocked yet (the northern part), but where can I find some beaver??

I really want to get that guy making his airplane some glue, if for no other reason than to watch him plummet off a cliff...........(please don't give me any spoilers on that one)

PSN = JUST_KEVIN
post #561 of 653 Old 06-29-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor_Kevin View Post

but where can I find some beaver??

uhh.....

post #562 of 653 Old 06-29-2010, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

in the north part are the beaver. Unlock it, then go just NW of the Union camp, just past the tracks as the path heads up into the mountains. don't go far, just around the corner from the tracks. This is the only place I saw them.

Michael

Loganed on 8/29/2008
post #563 of 653 Old 06-29-2010, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

in the north part are the beaver. Unlock it, then go just NW of the Union camp, just past the tracks as the path heads up into the mountains. don't go far, just around the corner from the tracks. This is the only place I saw them.

For those still playing this is a great site. The link is just for the beavers:

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Beavers

I seem to recall seeing alot in the snow up near Tanner's Ranch and Bear Claw area. I've seen them as far North as Nekoti Rock. But no matter the location, the best time to find them is just after dark. And if you find a spot. Shoot all 3 - 5, wait patiently and more will likely spawn in the direct vicinity.

post #564 of 653 Old 06-30-2010, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Sweet link. Thanks for the info!

I kinda thought I had to unlock the north part of the map but I wanted to be sure. Seems like I've been in Mexico forever, so I should be unlocking soon.

This game is awesome!!!

PSN = JUST_KEVIN
post #565 of 653 Old 07-08-2010, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Zombies coming to RDR!!

Multiplayer mini-game in free roam is also nice

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1104703p1.html

Quote:

Red Dead Redemption Adds Zombies; New Modes
You'll probably be playing this game the rest of the year.

Rockstar Games is blowing out Red Dead Redemption by announcing four additional downloadable packs for the game set for release over the rest of the year.

The first pack, Legends and Killers, will be out this coming August and adds new multiplayer characters and weapons. The series of packs will culminated sometime this fall with the release of the Undead Nightmare Pack, which adds new single-player quests and multiplayer zombie characters. No release dates for the other two packs were provided.

Here's the breakdown of what you're getting:

Legends and Killers Pack

New active map locations, characters and more:

- Release date: beginning of August 2010;

- 9 new multiplayer map locations more than doubling the amount of territories in the multiplayer competitive modes;

- 8 new multiplayer characters play as characters from Red Dead Revolver;

- Introducing a new projectile weapon: the Tomahawk, with corresponding challenges for single-player and multiplayer gameplay;

- New achievements and trophies;

- Pricing: $9.99 (PlayStation Network), 800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE).

Liars and Cheats Pack

New competitive modes, multiplayer mini-games in Free Roam, and more:

- Release date: TBC;

- Attack and Defend multiplayer competitive mode and challenges;

- New multiplayer horse races, complete with mounted combat;

- Play as the heroes and villains of Red Dead Redemption, as well as 8 additional multiplayer characters;

- Multiplayer versions of Liars Dice and Poker from the single-player game;

- Introducing a new weapon: the Explosive Rifle, with associated challenges available in single-player and multiplayer gameplay;

- New achievements and trophies;

- Pricing: $9.99 (PlayStation Network), 800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE).

Free Roam Pack

Delve deeper into the world of Red Dead Redemption with new modes, challenges and gang hideouts to discover:

- Additional Free Roam challenges;

- New action areas and defensive placements;

- Posse scoring and leaderboards;

- New anti-griefing measures in Free Roam;

- Pricing: TBC.

Undead Nightmare Pack

Ghost towns and cemeteries come alive in a West gone horribly wrong:

- Brand new single-player adventure, challenges and quests;

- 8 new multiplayer zombie characters;

- Additional animals unleashed in the world;

- New dynamic events and more;

- Pricing: $9.99 (PlayStation Network), 800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE

post #566 of 653 Old 07-08-2010, 12:08 PM

Multiplayer poker...sweet... and unlike every other online poker game if you lose you get to shoot the other players in the face! lol

post #567 of 653 Old 07-12-2010, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

anyone else having mic issues in RDR?

this weekend, I could not hear anybody, but a few guys in with me could hear me. I asked them to shoot once if they could hear me, bang. Shoot twice if they could hear the other guy, silent.

I can see the mic icon with the waves behind it for both my mic and the others, I just hear nothing. Didn't know if it was just me and my mic, or others had issues too. I even restarted the machin. Happened all weekend.

Michael

Loganed on 8/29/2008
post #568 of 653 Old 07-12-2010, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

anyone else having mic issues in RDR?

this weekend, I could not hear anybody, but a few guys in with me could hear me. I asked them to shoot once if they could hear me, bang. Shoot twice if they could hear the other guy, silent.

I can see the mic icon with the waves behind it for both my mic and the others, I just hear nothing. Didn't know if it was just me and my mic, or others had issues too. I even restarted the machin. Happened all weekend.

after you left we could hear each other fine. when you came back we could hear you , you could not hear us

wierd

SPS '98

I LOVE BEST BUY

post #569 of 653 Old 07-12-2010, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

oh well, I only need about 3 more levels to get the platinum.

If people are having issues getting the gold on the river, I read something today, that you need 10,000 cumulitively to get gold. So head shots and chains are a must. If you are with people just trying to get points, it won't happen.

Also if you need more points, when you get to the last town, the horse riders and the guys beyond the fence to the left will keep spawning until you clear out the center house. So just camp and get kills until you are ready. The site I read this on said they completed in 46 minutes and got the gold this way. I have not tried it because you need people who are not going to run out and try to get all the glory. And if someone gives up and leaves, you do not get their points they had earned. So you need to spend even longer camping in Nosaledo to get the points.

Michael

Loganed on 8/29/2008
post #570 of 653 Old 07-12-2010, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

oh yeah the "advanced" co-op missions SUCK dear lord can i please get a few people to help me with these
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page