AVS Forum banner

Killzone 2 Discussion

145K views 3K replies 260 participants last post by  Im2sexy 
#1 ·
Yes, I know we have enough KZ2 threads already. I just wanted to create this one for the final build/full release of the game.

In case you're wondering why I decided to create it early, well, here's why.

If you go to Amazon.com right now, you can pre-order the game and save $5 with the promo code "KZ2SAVE5"... in case you already knew that, Amazon is now offering "release date delivery", which means that you'll get the game on Friday the 27th.

Total: $60.97 with shipping!

Enjoy!

#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShorty /forum/post/15763962

Yes, I know we have enough KZ2 threads already. I just wanted to create this one for the final build/full release of the game.

If you go to Amazon.com right now, you can pre-order the game and save $5 with the promo code "KZ2SAVE5"... in case you already knew that, Amazon is now offering "release date delivery", which means that you'll get the game on Friday the 27th.

Enjoy!

Yep, that's where I've got mine on order. $52 delivered on my birthday, the 27th. And, HOME skins, to boot.

#5 ·

Quote:

Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be at least another dozen by the the time the dust settles on Killzone 2. I'm betting someone will even come out with the "official" Killzone 2 thread by the end of the month.
It's gonna be a killer game, so why not have a bunch of places to talk about it?

As for the Amazon deal, $60.97 works out to be a lot of money when I factor in the Canadian conversion. I know you're adding in shipping, but is the game going to cost more than usual on actual store shelves? I know Fallout 3 was about 5 bucks more (for the 360) than regular priced games. (At my local Best Buy it was, anyway.) I'm hoping Killzone 2 doesn't follow suit here in Canada. Well, not that 5 bucks is gonna break me. It might make my wife feel like breaking me, though.

#8 ·
Since there is no cover system in multiplayer, I'm going to be playing the single player with Alt 2 controls, just so I get used to a single scheme instead of switching. I haven't really had a problem holding both L2 and L1 at the same time, anyway. One thing that really annoyed me about Bad Company was how the helicopter controlled completely differently in online vs. the single player campaign.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman /forum/post/15765119

Asphinctersayswhat? Did I miss something?

Nope, it is what it is. There is no cover system. That means, when you press L2 (or whatever you have you controls set as) near a wall or barricade, you won't go into a "sticky cover".

#11 ·
well i'll join the discussion. i have played the demo about a dozen times and i love it. i can't wait till the 27th so i can play more. no complaints at all here. seems stellar.

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman /forum/post/15765119

Asphinctersayswhat? Did I miss something?

Guerrilla Games QA Manager Seb Downie said the lean and peak system seen in Killzone 2's singleplayer mode will not be available in the multiplayer modes.

"It didn't work too well in the 360 degree combat environment that is multiplayer"

"In single player the path is more linear and the action is usually ahead of the player. In MP levels are more arena based and you are more susceptible to flanking and being attacked from various angles."

"We found that the L&P system didn't add anything in that scenario and that players often actually took a step back from cover objects to give themselves a little more freedom to move, so they were actually working against the system, so we ripped it back out"

Downie concluded with:

"Crouching was deemed sufficient."

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/15765179

Guerrilla Games QA Manager Seb Downie said the lean and peak system seen in Killzone 2's singleplayer mode will not be available in the multiplayer modes.

"It didn't work too well in the 360 degree combat environment that is multiplayer"

"In single player the path is more linear and the action is usually ahead of the player. In MP levels are more arena based and you are more susceptible to flanking and being attacked from various angles."

"We found that the L&P system didn't add anything in that scenario and that players often actually took a step back from cover objects to give themselves a little more freedom to move, so they were actually working against the system, so we ripped it back out"

Downie concluded with:

"Crouching was deemed sufficient."

it makes sense. i trust their judgment.

#14 ·
ANOTHER KZ2 thread...

oh well.

I didn't know about the cover system not being in the MP. Can't comment cuz I am PS3less until mid march, so I don't even know how it is in the demo now

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjasonb /forum/post/15765208

it makes sense. i trust their judgment.

That's actually good news. The current MP fragfest titles with cover systems are pointless. No one uses it, and if you do, you're getting your ass fragged. Thanks for the clarification, folks.

#17 ·

Quote:

Enjoy!

Thanks for the tip! Got it for $54.99 (including release date delivery) with my Prime membership - sweet!!!

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by makija /forum/post/15764452

orr just head to store and get it that day, i never had a problem with any game even cod waw was available.

But the store is all the way over there...and I'm right here...

Also, this would be cheaper than getting it at the store and, if you're as stingy as me, every dollar counts.

#23 ·
This sucks, by the time i get moved and everything set up again in the new house, everyone is going to be on level 1000 in multiplayer and i will suck...

Oh wait.. i suck at MP games anyway ..
still gonna suck to have to wait..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.