Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and BF:1943 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2009, 07:03 AM
 
phipp01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,080
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Shorty whats your take on this game? Is it going to have staying power? Is it worth it to pre-order and try to get in on the beta?
phipp01 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-12-2009, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Sonies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,645
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by phipp01 View Post

Shorty whats your take on this game? Is it going to have staying power? Is it worth it to pre-order and try to get in on the beta?


Oh god yes, this game is going to be "off the hook" "awesome" "mindblowing" "incredible" "bad ass" "a winner"

You get the point...
Sonies is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 08:22 AM
 
phipp01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,080
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonies View Post

Oh god yes, this game is going to be "off the hook" "awesome" "mindblowing" "incredible" "bad ass" "a winner"

You get the point...

LOL I believed all that hype about MW2 and look where that got me, a broken game
phipp01 is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 08:28 AM
 
TyrantII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Looks like it's more polished then 43', which was a lot of fun for being a tech demo.

My only worry is VC is still fuxored, but if the ND rumor is true we'll hopefully have native XVC on the PS3 by then and won't have to worry about DICE inability to code VC.
TyrantII is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Sonies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,645
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by phipp01 View Post

LOL I believed all that hype about MW2 and look where that got me, a broken game


Well since MW1 blew, I knew the hype was not warranted for 2.

BFBC1 was awesome for a brand new engine and 2 i'm sure will be incredible.
Sonies is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 08:58 AM
 
phipp01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,080
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonies View Post

Well since MW1 blew, I knew the hype was not warranted for 2.

BFBC1 was awesome for a brand new engine and 2 i'm sure will be incredible.

Yeah I should have learned my lesson with MW but I figured 2 years later they would have it figured out. Boy was I wrong LOL
phipp01 is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dogdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Framingham, MA
Posts: 3,704
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by phipp01 View Post

Yeah I should have learned my lesson with MW but I figured 2 years later they would have it figured out. Boy was I wrong LOL

Wow, so I'm not the only one that just didn't hop on the love train for MW (1 or 2). And here I thought I was a freak of nature. Phipp, maybe you and I have more in common than just the mutual hatred of Shorty's ability to just about dominate every game with a shotgun. I'm hoping that BC2 can improve on BC1. Zulu had so, so, so much fun with that I almost feel that nothing could live up to it or make it better for us. I hope I'm pleasantly proved wrong.

BTW - My limited Ed. is already preorded. CruzeBOB, if your out there, will we see you again in time for BC2?!

PSN ID: dogdoctor
dogdoctor is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:56 AM
 
phipp01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,080
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdoctor View Post

Wow, so I'm not the only one that just didn't hop on the love train for MW (1 or 2). And here I thought I was a freak of nature. Phipp, maybe you and I have more in common than just the mutual hatred of Shorty's ability to just about dominate every game with a shotgun. I'm hoping that BC2 can improve on BC1. Zulu had so, so, so much fun with that I almost feel that nothing could live up to it or make it better for us. I hope I'm pleasantly proved wrong.

LOL so many people put the blinders on when it comes to COD that its rather funny. Wow a 4 hour SP campaign then the servers are down all day yesterday for MP and the pArty system is broken. Yup same as MW1 LOL
phipp01 is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
Guinn3sS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 836
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdoctor View Post

Wow, so I'm not the only one that just didn't hop on the love train for MW (1 or 2). And here I thought I was a freak of nature. Phipp, maybe you and I have more in common than just the mutual hatred of Shorty's ability to just about dominate every game with a shotgun. I'm hoping that BC2 can improve on BC1. Zulu had so, so, so much fun with that I almost feel that nothing could live up to it or make it better for us. I hope I'm pleasantly proved wrong.

BTW - My limited Ed. is already preorded. CruzeBOB, if your out there, will we see you again in time for BC2?!

I'll be back for BFBC2... those were some great times.

Patriots v Colts this weekend... Where is Shorty?!? Lets get him Dog.

PSN/XBL: Gu1nnesS13
Guinn3sS is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
Guinn3sS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 836
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShorty View Post

I'm guessing through pre-orders or winning them from websites like IGN.

You know who we have to preorder with to get the key? I want in on the beta.

PSN/XBL: Gu1nnesS13
Guinn3sS is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dogdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Framingham, MA
Posts: 3,704
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinn3sS View Post

Patriots v Colts this weekend... Where is Shorty?!? Lets get him Dog.

We actually had plans to meet in Indy for the game and go see it. But someone didn't have a job! Grrr.

You want to come over to my house? I've got a 52" and beer. Plus Sunday Ticket with Superfan all day prior. I'm hoping for a really good game, or a blow out in our favor.

PSN ID: dogdoctor
dogdoctor is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dogdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Framingham, MA
Posts: 3,704
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinn3sS View Post

You know who we have to preorder with to get the key? I want in on the beta.

Game Stop I've heard. Any word on sharing the beta? Maybe? That way Kingm, if you and I get a code, we can make sure some Zulu crew can get in too.

PSN ID: dogdoctor
dogdoctor is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:08 PM
 
phipp01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,080
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Patriots 35 Colts 0
phipp01 is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dogdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Framingham, MA
Posts: 3,704
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by phipp01 View Post

Patriots 35 Colts 0

Sadly, you and I are dreaming. Let's see what the EA Madden prediction is on ESPN later today.

PSN ID: dogdoctor
dogdoctor is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
Guinn3sS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 836
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdoctor View Post

We actually had plans to meet in Indy for the game and go see it. But someone didn't have a job! Grrr.

You want to come over to my house? I've got a 52" and beer. Plus Sunday Ticket with Superfan all day prior. I'm hoping for a really good game, or a blow out in our favor.

Dude I totally would but I've already invited a lot of people to my place. Mine is only a 46 though :/

I really need to get back into the Zulu crew. Although I bought a new router so I might need your help with NAT2 again, hahaha. Oh and Comcast sucks... I haven't had a steady internet connection for about a month now.

PSN/XBL: Gu1nnesS13
Guinn3sS is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dogdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Framingham, MA
Posts: 3,704
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinn3sS View Post

Dude I totally would but I've already invited a lot of people to my place. Mine is only a 46 though :/

Coolio. You've got my number if you change your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinn3sS View Post

I really need to get back into the Zulu crew. Although I bought a new router so I might need your help with NAT2 again, hahaha. Oh and Comcast sucks... I haven't had a steady internet connection for about a month now.

That's odd. I've got comcast and I haven't had as much as a hiccup in the last 6 months.

PSN ID: dogdoctor
dogdoctor is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
Guinn3sS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 836
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdoctor View Post

That's odd. I've got comcast and I haven't had as much as a hiccup in the last 6 months.

It's brutal... I guess that's what I get for living downtown. Apparently the node I am on is at 100% capacity between 5pm and 11pm. My speeds can drop to like 500kb at times. It's "supposed" to be fixed soon. I have the direct line to the field supervisor now so I keep calling him. That only took about 5 tech visits before they realized the node was at capacity.

PSN/XBL: Gu1nnesS13
Guinn3sS is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Senior Member
 
cruze808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 472
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdoctor View Post

Wow, so I'm not the only one that just didn't hop on the love train for MW (1 or 2). And here I thought I was a freak of nature. Phipp, maybe you and I have more in common than just the mutual hatred of Shorty's ability to just about dominate every game with a shotgun. I'm hoping that BC2 can improve on BC1. Zulu had so, so, so much fun with that I almost feel that nothing could live up to it or make it better for us. I hope I'm pleasantly proved wrong.

BTW - My limited Ed. is already preorded. CruzeBOB, if your out there, will we see you again in time for BC2?!

Im saving me pennys as we speak

PSN:cruze808
cruze808 is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
Dan C OSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdoctor View Post

Coolio. You've got my number if you change your mind.

That's odd. I've got comcast and I haven't had as much as a hiccup in the last 6 months.

so should i hold off on MW2 since i have uncharted and Badlands, and await the new battlefield.

I love the battlefield games, COD is a litle hokey for me... (or MW)

PSN: onemoretry

add me fools
Dan C OSG is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Senior Member
 
cruze808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 472
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinn3sS View Post

Dude I totally would but I've already invited a lot of people to my place. Mine is only a 46 though :/

I really need to get back into the Zulu crew. Although I bought a new router so I might need your help with NAT2 again, hahaha. Oh and Comcast sucks... I haven't had a steady internet connection for about a month now.

Still running the "zc" tags on Socrack lol.

PSN:cruze808
cruze808 is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dogdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Framingham, MA
Posts: 3,704
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruze808 View Post

Im saving me pennys as we speak

CruzeBOB! He Lives!

PSN ID: dogdoctor
dogdoctor is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
Guinn3sS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 836
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruze808 View Post

Im saving me pennys as we speak

CRUZE!!!!!!!!!!

That's it. I'm on my way back to Zulu. What games are you guys playing? Uncharted 2?

PSN/XBL: Gu1nnesS13
Guinn3sS is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Sonies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,645
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by phipp01 View Post

LOL so many people put the blinders on when it comes to COD that its rather funny. Wow a 4 hour SP campaign then the servers are down all day yesterday for MP and the pArty system is broken. Yup same as MW1 LOL

I hated COD4 ever since I rented the game from gamefly a long time ago. 5 hour really awful campaign, and the cheeziest multiplayer ever, it was like an arcade shooter whoppie! AND They charged for map packs which IMO is frickin lame. But whatever everyone seems to like this game for its autoaim noobness.

Oh that and this 50 year old dude I know is really good at the multiplayer. That means the game is pure cheeze crap that takes no skill. He was throwing grenades in the air and using a rocket launcher to get mad kills.

Also I hate kill cams, they are for noobs.
Sonies is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
Guinn3sS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 836
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruze808 View Post

Still running the "zc" tags on Socrack lol.

Hell yea! haha

PSN/XBL: Gu1nnesS13
Guinn3sS is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dogdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Framingham, MA
Posts: 3,704
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan C OSG View Post

so should i hold off on MW2 since i have uncharted and Badlands, and await the new battlefield.

I love the battlefield games, COD is a litle hokey for me... (or MW)

Unless your really into the MP, I'm hearing it's rental from my close buddies. I'm sticking with U2 till BF: BC and trying to play some older backlog games till then.

PSN ID: dogdoctor
dogdoctor is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dogdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Framingham, MA
Posts: 3,704
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinn3sS View Post

CRUZE!!!!!!!!!!

That's it. I'm on my way back to Zulu. What games are you guys playing? Uncharted 2?

Uncharted 2 for now. Ravenous and Shorty are in MW2 right now...but I don't know how much MP they will be doing. As for Cruze - well I haven't seen him in a game other than SOCOM for a night or 2 a week. Just not the same Zulu hours we kept before.

PSN ID: dogdoctor
dogdoctor is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Senior Member
 
cruze808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 472
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinn3sS View Post

CRUZE!!!!!!!!!!

That's it. I'm on my way back to Zulu. What games are you guys playing? Uncharted 2?

The last I heard boys wer playing u2 and .......Uno lol dont ask me why, Im still playing Socrack just to past the time. I havent spent moneys for games since BF download. Been a tight year with money, haven t even splurged for MW2 but the BC2 is a given

PSN:cruze808
cruze808 is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
Guinn3sS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 836
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruze808 View Post

The last I heard boys wer playing u2 and .......Uno lol dont ask me why, Im still playing Socrack just to past the time. I havent spent moneys for games since BF download. Been a tight year with money, haven t even splurged for MW2 but the BC2 is a given

Well I still need to buy Uncharted 2... but in the meantime, if you're on I'll roll some Socrack with you. Been a long time but I think I need my fix.

PSN/XBL: Gu1nnesS13
Guinn3sS is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
dogdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Framingham, MA
Posts: 3,704
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Any word on Squad Sizes? I hope it's more than 4? Cause we're looking at 5 regulars if that's the case.

Zulu: Dogdoctor, Ravenous112, Kingshorty (albiet he has a yob now).
Honorary Members (need to earn Zulu status back): Cruze808, Guinn3sS

PSN ID: dogdoctor
dogdoctor is offline  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
Guinn3sS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 836
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'll earn it back... you know what's sad. I bought 1943 and never played it...

PSN/XBL: Gu1nnesS13
Guinn3sS is offline  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off