Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdjenk View Post

Holy crap I just caught a stiffy! Awesome video. Here's a cockpit view in game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccih5...eature=related

Wish you could see some other cars on the track during 60fps gameplay instead of just the 30fps replays.

Josh - GamerTag: ShapeGSX PSN: ShapeGSX
'97 Eclipse GSX - 11.825@117.55mph in the 1/4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2009, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Anything I am seeing on screen is not that far off from what is already on store shelves in GT5P that it seems implausible. At the same time, with the extra year and a half I fully expect this GT5 to be even better looking than 5P.

I preordered Forza 3 already but I gotta say GT5P looks better than that game.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Holy crap I just caught a stiffy! Awesome video. Here's a cockpit view in game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccih5...eature=related

finally, you can see the driver shifting.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

Anything I am seeing on screen is not that far off from what is already on store shelves in GT5P that it seems implausible. At the same time, with the extra year and a half I fully expect this GT5 to be even better looking than 5P.

I preordered Forza 3 already but I gotta say GT5P looks better than that game.

I hope so too. After seeing Forza and being impressed with it, GT5 better look quite a bit better then GT5P or I'm going to start wondering if the wait was worth anything at all.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 213
More details for the U.S./Euro release:

Quote:

"I don't think it's going to be that much later in the US and Europe," Yamauchi said. "This is based on our production schedule. The reason why the dates for the US and [European] regions are not decided yet is because their marketing is still discussing their issues. It shouldn't be too far off from [the Japanese] date for the other regions as well."

...and a lot more details on the final game:

Quote:

It was sad to hear Gran Turismo 5 will release March, 2010 in Japan. Sad, but also kind of comforting — because you know Kaz Yamauchi (Polyphony honcho) and his team will be working tirelessly right up to the minute the game has to be shipped to make this the best racing game since sliced bread. In many ways, this is Polyphony’s life; they live their passion and they do it best. In many instances, we don’t expect Gran Turismo will ever truly be finished, we imagine Kaz and his team could work forever on the game and still not be done. Still, fans want to play the game and they’ll finally get to do that this coming March in Japan. But what about the rest of the world? Kaz says that’s still to be decided; “I don’t think it’s going to be that different for US and Europe,” Joystiq report from Kaz’s GT event in Japan, “Marketing is still discussing their issues.” The issues being that God Of War III is due to release in the very same month; something Sony would love to spread about.

Still, Kaz has been on hand to talk about the game’s features. And well, there’s a lot to be excited for. Firstly the single player; GT mode returns with the garage, tuning shop and license tests. Sweet. What about the new though? There’s a new physics model with realtime damage for all the “normal” cars. Hybrid and electric cars are to be added to the game’s roster, filling out a mammoth 950 vehicle selection pool. There will also be 70 tracks spanning 20 different locations – perhaps a little thin but there’s always the promise of DLC in the future.

It’s the online that will see the most expansion though, with support for lobbies, private rooms and text/voice chat. There’ll also be online photo albums, replays with the ability to export to Youtube and an improved Gran Turismo TV. Not to mention the game also now features head-tracking via the Playstation Eye.

So basically, it’s got everything but the kitchen sink. And rightly it should too, it’s been in development for nearly 5 years. Now is the time to hush down on the Gran Turismo hype and let Kaz and his team finish it. They’ll let us know when it’s time to take notice.

Update @ 19:06 – Stop press! Polyphony have just reiterated that Gran Turismo 5 will indeed feature night/day cycles and weather; the latter of which accurately effecting your tires, for example in the rain.

Lastly, a video interview with the director who comments on how the current damage model is only two months old, hints for PSEye support, and a mention of GT6.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Old 09-28-2009, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

I really think they delayed it after the lukewarm reception (at best) at gamescom.

And man I sure am glad they are upgrading the online. Prologue has the worst online setup of any game this generation.

Anyway it should be awesome. Forza 3 will be great too. GT PSP should be good for handheld driving if not what it could've been (hopefully we see a GT PSP 2 by 2011?). NFS Shift is 77X better than it should be. We have Blur and Split/Second coming out next year. All in all, a pretty rad 6 months for racers.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

yes, great time for us car nuts. I think the press needs to leave PD alone now so they can just get it done. Enough talk.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

I went back to the C class to get the couple golds I was missing now I'm on B with one left. HURRY UP PD!

Quick question: do you get a car for getting all golds in each class like other GT's?

\m/
Old 09-29-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

I'm not aware of any major racing series that uses traction control since F1 banned it besides WRC.

Nothing in North America uses it including stockcars, various open wheel series, and our two major sportscar leagues. Major overseas series don't use it that I'm familiar with, such as DTM and V-8 Supercars. The F1 feeder series GP2 doesn't use it. Skip Barber's, Formula Ford's, etc., don't have traction control.

ALMS uses it. The wet Petite LeMans this weekend confirmed it: the announcers kept going on and on about certain cars' traction control in the rain.

I'm not sure about the IRL when they race street courses...

\m/
Old 09-29-2009, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 216
No traction control in IndyCars. No real need really, they're pretty underpowered with a lot of downforce. Ryan Briscoe probably wishes they had it. Champ Cars is their final days allowed it though.

I didn't realize the American LeMans series allows traction control. I haven't watched much of that series this year due to the low car counts. Recorded Road Atlanta but deleted it afterwards when I realized the last hour or two was scheduled as a new program on my guide and I hadn't scheduled it to be recorded.

But it ended up being called early for rain so I had actually gotten it all, and there isn't going to be a reair...

There is no traction control in the Grand-Am Rolex series, the North American sportscar series I usually watch.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgdigital View Post

Quick question: do you get a car for getting all golds in each class like other GT's?

I don't remember winning any cars for gold. I golded C, B and 1 more to go in A but no cars. This is the only game that I will let torture me trying to get that perfect score, it would be cool to get rewarded for it.

"You went full ******, man. Never go full ******."
om [NOM] nom
Old 09-30-2009, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Someone please give me $300 for a G25 wheel!
Old 09-30-2009, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonies View Post

Someone please give me $300 for a G25 wheel!

I have a G25. Barely used. PM me a price if you seriously are interested.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have a G25. Barely used. PM me a price if you seriously are interested.

Can't right now (wife would probably kill me since she wants a new bed) but after christmas I will be seriously interested! So hang on to it
Old 09-30-2009, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonies View Post

Can't right now (wife would probably kill me since she wants a new bed) but after christmas I will be seriously interested! So hang on to it

Sorry man... this thing has been taking up space in my bedroom for way too long. Girlfriend's gonna have a fit, you know how it is.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sorry man... this thing has been taking up space in my bedroom for way too long. Girlfriend's gonna have a fit, you know how it is.

Well usually my wife doesn't care (I mean I do own a ginormous ED subwoofer and tower speakers for our living room) but she really wants a new bed and we've been trying to save up for a while to buy one. Oh well, I'm sure when a new wheel comes out before GT5, all the g25's will be on craigslist or ebay for me to scoop up at a good deal
Old 09-30-2009, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Check Logitech's product page... maybe they offer a bed with the wheel already attached.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Old 10-01-2009, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Good idea. Get one of those sweet race car beds.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
Old 10-01-2009, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

LOL!!!! I just got that joke...
Old 10-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Advanced Member

I take it that the steering wheels have improved?(judging from the comments above)

I had 1 of the early wheels when GT2 came out. It was soooo bad...........

I looked at Amazon and saw the G25 (G27 the replacement). And then the special chairs to attach everything to.

WOW.

$$$$$$$$$$

Worth it?
Old 10-04-2009, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Definitely worth the money if you have the space for it. Even the cheaper wheels now have force feedback and it adds a whole new level to racing games. Personally, I can't enjoy GT without a wheel.

"You went full ******, man. Never go full ******."
om [NOM] nom
Old 10-04-2009, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 113
i just grabbed a G27 from my local Best Buy today. so far i have played Dirt 2 and NFS Shift with it. i like it a lot so far. i will put Prologue in in a few minutes to try that out with it. i also have a busted Fanatec Turbo wheel that Fanatec is replacing. i think i'm going to sell the replacement Fanatec wheel on ebay as i feel the Logitech will be the more reliable wheel.

Nearfield rig: Laptop -> JDS Labs ODAC -> Emotiva Mini-X -> Pioneer SP-BS22-LR & SW8-mk2Headphone rig: laptop -> JDS Labs ODAC -> Emotiva Mini-X speaker taps -> modded AKG Q701H.T.: PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50's - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik SentinelMy last.fm profile
Old 10-04-2009, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member

just tried Prologue with the G27. works great except you are forced to use the 6 speed shifter. you can't use the paddle shifters in GT5P with the G27. kinda stinks.

this wheel feels super smooth with Prologue though.

Nearfield rig: Laptop -> JDS Labs ODAC -> Emotiva Mini-X -> Pioneer SP-BS22-LR & SW8-mk2Headphone rig: laptop -> JDS Labs ODAC -> Emotiva Mini-X speaker taps -> modded AKG Q701H.T.: PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50's - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik SentinelMy last.fm profile
Old 10-05-2009, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

what kills the logitech for me is the lack of wireless. PS3 isn't in the same room, heck, not even the same floor.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post

what kills the logitech for me is the lack of wireless. PS3 isn't in the same room, heck, not even the same floor.

well for that you'd need blue tooth. i doubt the Fanatec wireless wheel would work for you either. my experience with the wireless on the Fanatec was not great.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

I won't be getting a fanatec. Too many stories of quality issues for the price paid for me to take a risk with them.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post

I won't be getting a fanatec. Too many stories of quality issues for the price paid for me to take a risk with them.

yup. i had a few issues with mine. when i get my replacement it's going on ebay. i'm not even opening it.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjasonb View Post

just tried Prologue with the G27. works great except you are forced to use the 6 speed shifter. you can't use the paddle shifters in GT5P with the G27. kinda stinks.

this wheel feels super smooth with Prologue though.

Wonder why you can't use the paddle shifters?

OOC, have you tried the G27 with F1?
Old 10-05-2009, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Schneider View Post

Wonder why you can't use the paddle shifters?

OOC, have you tried the G27 with F1?

well with the G25 you have to have it in the sequential shifter mode, the G27 has no sequential shifter, just the 6 speed.

i don't have F1CE. i actually went to my local Blockbuster today to see if they had it to rent and they did not. i would buy it but i'm not sure if it will have the same problem or not. i don't feel like trying to drive an F1 car with a 6 speed shifter. if i had confirmation that the paddles on the G27 work with it i would buy it.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjasonb View Post

well with the G25 you have to have it in the sequential shifter mode, the G27 has no sequential shifter, just the 6 speed.

i don't have F1CE. i actually went to my local Blockbuster today to see if they had it to rent and they did not. i would buy it but i'm not sure if it will have the same problem or not. i don't feel like trying to drive an F1 car with a 6 speed shifter. if i had confirmation that the paddles on the G27 work with it i would buy it.

there used tobe a demo of f1, I still have it on my ps3 I think