post #3001 of 3784 Old 12-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post

I'd pass on the window weight reduction and go with the body stage 1. It's cheaper too and instead of shaving off 10lbs you'll shave off something closer to 100lbs for stage 1 body weight reduction.

For the seasonal events there is a weight limit, I've read (haven't checked myself) but the Stage 1 body drops too much weight, the window kit drops just the right amount.

Also watch out as the oil change sometimes boosts the HP too much making the car illegal for the race as well. These new races seem to have very tight tolerances. You've been warned.

My equipment list is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Playstation Network ID = jmii ...that's JM roman numeral 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3002 of 3784 Old 12-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Is the oil change trick permanent for the car's HP or does it drop to original HP after a few races or free runs?

Also I only did the GT Academy events last night but if I'm reading you guys right; I need to have the car that is required for the seasonal event?

PSN: GeminiEffect
post #3003 of 3784 Old 12-21-2010, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMII View Post

For the seasonal events there is a weight limit, I've read (haven't checked myself) but the Stage 1 body drops too much weight, the window kit drops just the right amount.

Also watch out as the oil change sometimes boosts the HP too much making the car illegal for the race as well. These new races seem to have very tight tolerances. You've been warned.

Ahh didn't know. I'll have to look into it more before building a car. There's 3 events from what I remember and the last one was the only one I was able to participate in. 1914th overall on 1st go, w/controller mind you
I'm sure my online ranking dropped to like 20k now

Onkyo 605 / Paradigm Titan / Paradigm CC Center / Paradigm ADP rear / HSU STF-1 / HD-A2 / 40gbPS3 / 360elite / Wii / PC
I hate fanboys..
anti-GT5:P-er ;)
eurokult.com
post #3004 of 3784 Old 12-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazylik View Post

Is the oil change trick permanent for the car's HP or does it drop to original HP after a few races or free runs?

Also I only did the GT Academy events last night but if I'm reading you guys right; I need to have the car that is required for the seasonal event?

The car's HP drops as you add mileage, then the oil change restores it. We are talking about only a few ponies here, but it sometimes is enough to make your car illegal for entry in a race.

The Seasonal Events are like additional A-Spec events, so yes you need to purchase (or win) the required car. However unlike almost A-Spec events the limitations are very strict, only a few models can be used and the HP/KGS values are very tight (close to stock). Now the races themselves are more like the Special Challenges or final License Tests: you have a certain number of laps to pass the leader. Thankfully drivetrain parts and suspension tuning are allowed so you can setup the car more to your liking. In my opinion this is how most of A-Spec should have been setup.

My equipment list is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3005 of 3784 Old 12-21-2010, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:

Thankfully drivetrain parts and suspension tuning are allowed so you can setup the car more to your liking. In my opinion this is how most of A-Spec should have been setup.

Very much agreed. Unfortunately, I think most people wouldn't appreciate such narrow requirements. They want to be able to race the Veyron against 100hp hatchbacks.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #3006 of 3784 Old 12-21-2010, 08:40 PM

Controls still borked after the update. I figured after 2 updates they could at least fix the controls to where they were in prologue. This is turning into a big disappointment, especially as I know how good the game could be if they just fixed a couple of small issues. Driving an f40 with paddle shifters and abs SUCKS.
post #3007 of 3784 Old 12-21-2010, 08:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Damn, I over tuned m GT-R, now it is at 494 hp. I'm hoping some B-spec will take some hp off, not sure how long that takes

Edit: I had the wrong filter. Came in fourth, like 26 secs behind. I just can't fathom how people do this, I must suck at all the turns.

I tried some others, the best I am at now is 5th, 3rd, 12th, 4th, 4th on the respective races. I have no idea how to do the Mazda race, I cannot get near a car. I suck.

Now playing: Madden, Diablo 3, First Light, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #3008 of 3784 Old 12-22-2010, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 61
This latest patch is the bee's knees. I believe it's the most added content, fixes, tweaks I've ever seen in a patch. Pure win.

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
post #3009 of 3784 Old 12-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

Edit: I had the wrong filter. Came in fourth, like 26 secs behind. I just can't fathom how people do this, I must suck at all the turns.

Doing better then me... I can only manage 8th. I've got an old '89 R33 (or R32?) and it understeers something fierce. The payout system for this race is interesting, you only get credits if you BEAT your previous best. So you can't "grind" this race.

My equipment list is
post #3010 of 3784 Old 12-22-2010, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Doing better then me... I can only manage 8th. I've got an old '89 R33 (or R32?) and it understeers something fierce. The payout system for this race is interesting, you only get credits if you BEAT your previous best. So you can't "grind" this race.

At best these events have paid for the cars needed, so no loss so far. I bought the GT-R Vspec 09 and tuned it to hell, it's a beast.

post #3011 of 3784 Old 12-22-2010, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Agreed, great job on it! Requires a re-review on gaming websites or at the least a mention and addendum to their scores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post

This latest patch is the bee's knees. I believe it's the most added content, fixes, tweaks I've ever seen in a patch. Pure win.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #3012 of 3784 Old 12-22-2010, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

Agreed, great job on it! Requires a re-review on gaming websites or at the least a mention and addendum to their scores.

Nice thought, but it won't happen. Responsible sites already recognized that GT5 was still very much under construction and reviewed it accordingly. Irresponsible sites didn't and gave it a lower score.

Reallocate your trust accordingly.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #3013 of 3784 Old 12-22-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:

yes i def. will agree 8th is best i can do as well with the gtr on the last race. been able to get gold and silver on the other races. These season races will def. help me buy better cars to help me finish A spec expert and extreme races.
post #3014 of 3784 Old 12-23-2010, 06:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madturbosnake View Post

yes i def. will agree 8th is best i can do as well with the gtr on the last race. been able to get gold and silver on the other races. These season races will def. help me buy better cars to help me finish A spec expert and extreme races.

I upgraded to the '09 V-Spec, tuned and tweaked for nearly 3 hours... now I'm running 2nd but still 4.5 seconds behind first this has been hardest race in GT5 so far. I will literally have to run 5 gold license laps in a row to win.

The '09 car is alot heavier then the '89 so I wonder if I made a mistake. The V-Spec is just insanely quick and only has a touch of mid corner understeer with almost no oversteer unless you get it really out of shape. Looks like racing my ghost in practice mode while tweaking the suspension is still required.

My equipment list is
post #3015 of 3784 Old 12-23-2010, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I upgraded to the '09 V-Spec, tuned and tweaked for nearly 3 hours... now I'm running 2nd but still 4.5 seconds behind first this has been hardest race in GT5 so far. I will literally have to run 5 gold license laps in a row to win.

The '09 car is alot heavier then the '89 so I wonder if I made a mistake. The V-Spec is just insanely quick and only has a touch of mid corner understeer with almost no oversteer unless you get it really out of shape. Looks like racing my ghost in practice mode while tweaking the suspension is still required.

Here's the setup I used, won gold by 5 seconds.
GT-R Spec V '09 weight as low as I could get it & an air filter change gets it close to max allowed HP.

Transmission
Top Speed = 236 MPH

Drive-train
.Adjustable LSD (Front/Rear)
..Initial Torque = 10/10
..Acceleration Sensitivity 40/40
..Braking Sensitivity 20/20
.Torque Sensing Center Differential
..Front/Rear Torque Split 30/70

.Suspension
..Ride Height 16/16
..Spring Rate 14.1/10.6
..Dampers (Extension) 5/3
..Dampers (Compression) 6/8
..Anti-Roll Bars 6/3

.Wheel Alignment
..Camper angle(-) 2.7/1.2
..Toe Angle 0/-.01

Brakes
.Brake Balance 8/8

Use some left foot braking to tame the understeer.

If I remember right my 1st lap was a low 1.29 & the rest of the laps were low 1.27 & I passed the Ford GT about half way around the last lap.

The only one I haven't got gold on in the seasonal races is the RX-7, I just can't seen to make the rear end stick & haven't done better than 2nd.

These races are great ways to earn a bunch of credits!

"Racing is........Life.......Everything before & after is just waiting"
post #3016 of 3784 Old 12-23-2010, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post

Here's the setup I used, won gold by 5 seconds.
GT-R Spec V '09 weight as low as I could get it & an air filter change gets it close to max allowed HP.

How do you take the turns, slow in and fast out? Should I ever hear any tire sequel or does that mean I am going to fast into the turn?

post #3017 of 3784 Old 12-23-2010, 11:16 AM

I was able to make it to 5th, place, added chassis reinforcement, bumped up the hp to 486, I might just have to get the gtr v spec 09, the because I was able to get weight reduction down to 1400 kg, with every weight reduction modification listed.
post #3018 of 3784 Old 12-23-2010, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

How do you take the turns, slow in and fast out? Should I ever hear any tire sequel or does that mean I am going to fast into the turn?

Yep just like the Stig says!
Going slow in means you can take the best line & get on the gas early for the straights.
Also the entrance for the tunnel after the long straight is a double braking area.
Stay to the right, brake a bit to stabilize the car get on the gas again & brake in the tunnel, I picked up a lot of time that way.

"Racing is........Life.......Everything before & after is just waiting"
post #3019 of 3784 Old 12-23-2010, 04:15 PM

Liked: 832
GT5 was playing We Wish You a Merry Christmas as BGM today, before going into the GT life screen.

Pretty cool.

Also got IA10 done finally (Gold), not a small feat on a controller, let me tell you. Next up my Super Special S license tests.
post #3020 of 3784 Old 12-23-2010, 09:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Yep just like the Stig says!
Going slow in means you can take the best line & get on the gas early for the straights.
Also the entrance for the tunnel after the long straight is a double braking area.
Stay to the right, brake a bit to stabilize the car get on the gas again & brake in the tunnel, I picked up a lot of time that way.
Not possible for me. My best lap is around 1:33, I don't see where I can shave 5 secs per lap off. I was 30 secs behind the lead, I just don't get it. I even watched someone do it on youtube and I don't see the difference.

post #3021 of 3784 Old 12-24-2010, 01:02 AM

Played me 'Silent Night' and I didn't really catch it until a minute into it since it sounded like all the other mellow jazz tunes it usually plays. Quite a nice touch.
post #3022 of 3784 Old 12-24-2010, 08:28 AM

I should be back in driving shape in a couple days (had neck surgery on Tuesday.) Anyone up for some sort of AVS forum free run session maybe on Sunday? Monday? Get together, goof around, and figure out where to go from there? Does it matter who sets up the room? (I'm only a 1.5Mb/s DSl connection which probably isn't great for hosting lol)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if you guys saw this or not but a guy on the bluray forum has had a PS3 under his desk at work grinding B-spec races for a couple weeks now.....and he just got caught this morning:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-gam...added-324.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve James
Well I can't believe it, 30 minutes untill we finish work on Christmas Eve and my boss has finally seen my PS3 (whilst running b-spec races) under the desk. I thought I was gonna be in deep s**t but he ordered me to the conference room (with my PS3) and now the managers are playing GT5 on the big screen and I have to sit here finishing my job

It doesn't look like he's in too much trouble so it's pretty darn funny......

Joe

post #3023 of 3784 Old 12-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Advanced Member

Finally won the GT-R race, left some time out there as well and finished .5 seconds ahead... below are my settings:

Downforce: 22
Tranny: 168 top speed
Torque Diff: 20 / 80
Suspension:
-20 / -20
15.2 / 11.0
7 / 7
4 / 4
7 / 7
Wheel alignment:
2.4 / 1.2
.14 / -.10
Brakes: 8 / 10

The car handles more like an FR now and the 4WD understeer is gone.

Had no trouble with RX-7 race, I just love how that car handles and I like Deep Forest as well. The CR-Z was the easiest by far, passed the leader on lap 4 and won with 5 second advantage. I've gotten 3rd in the Challenger event and should be able to win with some smoother lines.

The impossible race however is with the lawnmower powered Fiat best result is 2nd and 2.5 seconds off 1st, I just can't squeeze any more speed out of that little car. In practice I can run laps that are fast enough, but once my line gets interrupted by the AI drivers I'm toast. The car handles like a dream but the smallest mistake is amplified since its so underpowered.

I see they have added MORE Seasonal Challenges, wonder how often we'll get updates? I think every 2 weeks would be perfect, keeps interest up and forces you to drive a wide range of cars.

Since my parents are in town we had a shoot out between the non-gamers:
my 70 year old father finished first, my wife took second and my mother was lagging far behind. They all seemed to enjoy driving with the wheel once I turned the FFB up to 10, I drive at around 3-4 but they said it was "too lose" like that.

My equipment list is
post #3024 of 3784 Old 12-24-2010, 05:42 PM

yeah i tried the second series seasonal a spec bonus races, i have been able to all silver and bronze these are a lot tougher to get gold on. Has anyone tried the last one where you have to drive nascar car, on nurmeburg for 2 laps, just wondering what the payout is since it costs 500,000 for the nascar cars.
post #3025 of 3784 Old 12-25-2010, 10:42 AM

Wondering if anyone had seen or heard of this wheel stand before, looks like it is readily available. I can't find anything on the Internets about it.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...=ITD&body=MAIN
post #3026 of 3784 Old 12-25-2010, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

niiiice wife got me a DFGT and GT5 for xmas just got done downloading 600mb of crap and now installing. thank goodness I have the bulls game to watch on DVR in the mean time!
post #3027 of 3784 Old 12-25-2010, 05:09 PM

Not sure if this has already been discussed in this thread or not but why no RUF (or Porsche for that matter)? Right now I'm racing against a RUF in the supercar race in professional series but I can't find it to buy. Anyone know if the RUF cars are obtained by winning them only?
post #3028 of 3784 Old 12-25-2010, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
You have to buy the RUFs from the used car stores.

gamertag: xxx shiv xxx
PSN: xx_shiv_xx
post #3029 of 3784 Old 12-25-2010, 08:19 PM

Saw two RUF cars in the online dealer last time I checked.
post #3030 of 3784 Old 12-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Just finished Dream Car Championship with ZR-1 RM, I couldn't believe how intense it was.

BD-A1010/CD-S1000/PF60
HTR-6290/A-S1000/KDL46V5100
NS-555/SOAVO-900C/NS-125F

BD - 242
HD - 7
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page