Gran Turismo 5 - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 3784 Old 10-21-2009, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I think the improvements are going to be in game modes, damage, online, night time, weather, etc., not necessarily graphics. Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 3784 Old 10-21-2009, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Whoa whoa... What moron would want gt5 to be like gt5p especially after being "in development" for a century now. Please go back to nfs or better yet midnight run. Anyway, they better have ****ing improved since gt5p. I'm not giving my funds as a damn charity.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #363 of 3784 Old 10-21-2009, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 129
news flash, Duke Nukem Forever will be out before GT5
post #364 of 3784 Old 10-21-2009, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozster View Post

In the meantime I'm playing Forza 3 and enjoying every second of it. 100 tracks, 400 cars, incredible physics, features and graphics.

Let me tell you why I don't play Forza.
It has nothing to do with Forza itself, It looks good & I'm sure it's fun to play however.....
My main gaming is driving, I like driving games, but any driving game that I can't use my G27 just isn't worth spending my money on.
I don't use the controller to drive, I have always used a wheel, from a Driving Force Pro to my current G27.
Why Microsoft won't let us use good wheels with the 360 is beyond me & for that reason Forza will never be as great of a game as the Gran Turismo series.

If I could use my G27 with Forza I'd buy a 360 & Forza 3 tomorrow!

"Racing is........Life.......Everything before & after is just waiting"
post #365 of 3784 Old 10-21-2009, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post

It has nothing to do with Forza itself, It looks good & I'm sure it's fun to play however.....
My main gaming is driving, I like driving games, but any driving game that I can't use my G27 just isn't worth spending my money on.
I don't use the controller to drive, I have always used a wheel, from a Driving Force Pro to my current G27.
Why Microsoft won't let us use good wheels with the 360 is beyond me & for that reason Forza will never be as great of a game as the Gran Turismo series.

the very reason why I won't buy a G27. I want one, love it, awesome wheel, but if I can't use it on the 360, forget it. And it's not wireless. You make very good point with this, and MS doesn't seem to "get it". There are tons of people out there in your situation, with a good wheel, some don't even have a xbox, and are pissed off at waiting for GT. If they allowed the G27 to work with the xbox, I'm sure a lot of ps3 owners would be tempted to try forza while waiting for GT.
post #366 of 3784 Old 10-21-2009, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member

The G25/G27 controllers are great (even though I just sold my G25). It really is a major problem that the 360 doesn't support these wheels, especially if MS is targetting Forza as a real sim for sim racing fans. Well, MS, sim racing fans don't want to use your junky wheel. They want to use their G25/G27.
post #367 of 3784 Old 10-21-2009, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

The G25/G27 controllers are great (even though I just sold my G25). It really is a major problem that the 360 doesn't support these wheels, especially if MS is targetting Forza as a real sim for sim racing fans. Well, MS, sim racing fans don't want to use your junky wheel. They want to use their G25/G27.

The new Fanatec Porsche wheels are compatible with XBox, PC, and the PS3, and are supposedly fantastic. They even have brake pedal vibration.

You can support multiple platforms with a single wheel. Logitech simply doesn't support the 360 for some reason.

Josh - GamerTag: ShapeGSX PSN: ShapeGSX
'97 Eclipse GSX - 11.825@117.55mph in the 1/4
post #368 of 3784 Old 10-21-2009, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:

same here. i can't play a racing game with a controller after using a wheel. i also have a G27 and if it worked with the 360 i would have a 360 and Forza 3 as well.

Nearfield rig: Laptop -> JDS Labs ODAC -> Emotiva Mini-X -> Pioneer SP-BS22-LR & SW8-mk2Headphone rig: laptop -> JDS Labs ODAC -> Emotiva Mini-X speaker taps -> modded AKG Q701H.T.: PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50's - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik SentinelMy last.fm profile
post #369 of 3784 Old 10-21-2009, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post

The new Fanatec Porsche wheels are compatible with XBox, PC, and the PS3, and are supposedly fantastic. They even have brake pedal vibration.

You can support multiple platforms with a single wheel. Logitech simply doesn't support the 360 for some reason.

i just had a Fanatec wheel. it lasted me maybe two months before it turned into a total piece of crap. turned into a real nightmare. i would have a very hard time recommending Fanatec to anybody.

Logitech has stated that they would like to have their wheels Xbox 360 compatable but it hasn't worked out. Fanatec has to pay huge royalties to MS for what they are doing.

Nearfield rig: Laptop -> JDS Labs ODAC -> Emotiva Mini-X -> Pioneer SP-BS22-LR & SW8-mk2Headphone rig: laptop -> JDS Labs ODAC -> Emotiva Mini-X speaker taps -> modded AKG Q701H.T.: PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50's - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik SentinelMy last.fm profile
post #370 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 06:10 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Quote:

That video was available in a 109MB 720p WMV, and it looked great. For some reason, the link is gone on that page. But it is still available here. There are still compression artifacts, of course.

I have seen pictures of GT5P, but videos tend to better show you what the game play actually looks like. After all, the game is running at 60fps. Each individual frame is only displayed on the screen for 1/60th of a second. In one image, some detail may not get rendered, but does show up in the next image, and your brain just puts it all together and makes sense of it. Video tends to look better than screen shots of gameplay, as a result.

Since I played the demo on my TV already I'm pretty sure what the game looks like and it doesn't look as good as T10 would like you to believe.

PSN: GeminiEffect
post #371 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Forza 3 looks really good but Turn 10 is not superhuman, they have to make sacrifices for 60fps and so forth just like everyone else.
post #372 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 06:24 AM
Advanced Member

No, they are not superhuman, but they sure act like it. But this isn't F3 thread so I'm not gonna go there.

post #373 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazylik View Post

Since I played the demo on my TV already I'm pretty sure what the game looks like and it doesn't look as good as T10 would like you to believe.

Turn 10 put a video up on their web site of actual game play footage, which I posted in the message you quoted. I'm pretty sure that is what they want you to believe game play looks like, otherwise they wouldn't have posted the video. In fact, the actual game play looks better, because the compression artifacts aren't there. The artifacts really obscure the detail of the road.

Again, I'd like to see the same kind of footage out of GT5. All I have seen is replay footage, photo mode, pre-rendered stuff though. Any videos on the net of actual GT5 game play are just shakey cam low-res videos from trade shows.

Maybe it is just too early?

Josh - GamerTag: ShapeGSX PSN: ShapeGSX
'97 Eclipse GSX - 11.825@117.55mph in the 1/4
post #374 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
If GT5 really looks like this during game play, I'll destory my xbox and forza3 on youtube.

post #375 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazylik View Post

No, they are not superhuman, but they sure act like it. But this isn't F3 thread so I'm not gonna go there.

It's not??? Could have fooled me....
post #376 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndskyz View Post

It's not??? Could have fooled me....

where's that "word" emoticon when you need it.

post #377 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse View Post

If GT5 really looks like this during game play, I'll destory my xbox and forza3 on youtube.

Yes... because graphics are more important then the actual gameplay. You have an all show but no go car and your motto is "Control is nothing without powah" isn't it?

post #378 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Well, if he destroys his Forza 3 game for some reason. He can pretty much go back to F2 since it looks pretty much the same. I just don't get why they come here complaining about GT5 and bragging about F3 when the latter is pretty much as bland looking as F2. Respected CVG says about Forza 3...

Quote:

But - as many players have already noticed in the Xbox Live demo - as soon as you start a race detail drops significantly. And while some of the Italian rocky landscapes look nice, some of the normal race circuits look really dull and not very different from the outdated-looking Forza 2.

The car interiors too, disappointingly, look a bit too grey and plastic-y. Forza 3 certainly doesn't live up to Gran Turismo in the in-game visual stakes.

Those aren't its only technical faults. Loading times are a pain made even worse by the fact that Forza 3 loads so regularly - even when changing a small setting or retrying a race.

As I posted before in a response to the Forza praise here, if even the developer themselves try to make excuses for its blatant in-game ugliness, you know something's wrong. Yes, it controls nice and came out early compared to GT5, but until it at least looks halfway decent compared to the mini-game GT5P that came out two years ago, why fawn over it so much in this thread?

It's like the guy who shows off his short, chubby girlfriend with the big mole on the side of her nose to the guys who date models. I'm sure she has a nice personality and all despite her looks, but...

So please. Take your Forza talk to your Forza thread in your X360 forum. We don't bother you guys over there, so why keep coming over here? If you want to date our model, fine, just stop comparing her to that visually unappealing retread that you guys are already smooching on over there and expect us to be impressed.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #379 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:

Turn 10 put a video up on their web site of actual game play footage, which I posted in the message you quoted. I'm pretty sure that is what they want you to believe game play looks like, otherwise they wouldn't have posted the video. In fact, the actual game play looks better, because the compression artifacts aren't there. The artifacts really obscure the detail of the road.

Again, I'd like to see the same kind of footage out of GT5. All I have seen is replay footage, photo mode, pre-rendered stuff though. Any videos on the net of actual GT5 game play are just shakey cam low-res videos from trade shows.

Maybe it is just too early?

Don't try to invent an issue where none exists. You want to see a general representation of GT5's in-game graphics? Get GT5: P. The 'P' stands for the word 'Prologue', which simply means it is just the beginning of the final product, but it is still named GT5 as well.

Didn't a few people complain that it was merely a glorified demo of the upcoming GT5, but with a price tag? Well no one tried to claim that it was a single entity unrelated to GT5 all unto itself. The bottom line is, it looks fantastic even after a few years, and the final GT5 will look even better in various ways (added damage and roll over visuals, etc.).

Just don't try and create an issue by claiming that GT5 is supposed to be some brand new engine beyond what GT5: P was, because it's not.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #380 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm going to have to agree with joeblow's post above on this one, even if GT5 is supposedly prettier than GT5P. GT5P looks excellent. I'm also one of those people that don't call uneditted photo/video mode shots taken directly from the game as bullshots. Bullshots like what is being claimed is straight post processed images outside the game. I already know that photo/video mode in both games (and others) will add more visual effects like enhanced AA but since these games do have photo and video modes, they are just that: photo and video modes... not game play but a feature set all together. They always look prettier than game play and technically they aren't deceiving the customer. The customer is automatically thinking that these in game photo/video mode shots, uneditted of course, are actual game play. I fell for real deal bullshots in gaming magazines, adverts and the actual games' artwork many many moons ago in the 8bit and 16bit eras

But I am not going to agree with this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Well, if he destroys his Forza 3 game for some reason. He can pretty much go back to F2 since it looks pretty much the same. I just don't get why they come here complaining about GT5 and bragging about F3 when the latter is pretty much as bland looking as F2.

Based on the FM3 demo alone, FM3 > FM2 graphically.

Onkyo 605 / Paradigm Titan / Paradigm CC Center / Paradigm ADP rear / HSU STF-1 / HD-A2 / 40gbPS3 / 360elite / Wii / PC
I hate fanboys..
anti-GT5:P-er ;)
eurokult.com
post #381 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Well, if he destroys his Forza 3 game for some reason. He can pretty much go back to F2 since it looks pretty much the same. I just don't get why they come here complaining about GT5 and bragging about F3 when the latter is pretty much as bland looking as F2. Respected CVG says about Forza 3...

I hear cars in GT5 will fly because, driving with real physics is pretty much the "same". Also pretty sure Microsoft paid all the reviewers off that gave it nearly perfect marks all across.
post #382 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

can we get back to GT5, and far far away from FM3?

post #383 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:

Holy moly.. now here's a good response. You saved me $300

So g27 doesn't work with Forza 3? That really sucks.. how could they drop the ball so bad?

As much as I have beef with Sony's business practices Microsoft seems to be the same. At least Sony pushes HD side of things so PS3 supports a bunch of quality audio output and wider format support.

I almost pulled the trigger on g27 and the Playseat .. phew good thing you posted this!

i guess it only works with Fanatec wheels eh? I have microsoft's wheel but that thing is really cheap and I want a manual shifter and as far as i know there are only 2 choices (G27 and fanatec) and fanatec wait is way too long for my liking not to mention that I trust Logitech as a company much more.

It sucks I wanted to have the same setup for both GT5 and FM3

XBL: Bozster | PSN: Bozster
post #384 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjasonb View Post

can we get back to GT5, and far far away from FM3?

That's like saying we aren't far far away from a release date for GT5. lol

post #385 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozster View Post

Holy moly.. now here's a good response. You saved me $300

So g27 doesn't work with Forza 3? That really sucks.. how could they drop the ball so bad?

As much as I have beef with Sony's business practices Microsoft seems to be the same. At least Sony pushes HD side of things so PS3 supports a bunch of quality audio output and wider format support.

I almost pulled the trigger on g27 and the Playseat .. phew good thing you posted this!

i guess it only works with Fanatec wheels eh? I have microsoft's wheel but that thing is really cheap and I want a manual shifter and as far as i know there are only 2 choices (G27 and fanatec) and fanatec wait is way too long for my liking not to mention that I trust Logitech as a company much more.

It sucks I wanted to have the same setup for both GT5 and FM3

it's not just Forza 3, it's Xbox 360 in general. Xbox 360 does not support any logitech wheel. you are stuck with the MS wheel or the Fanatec Turbo S wheel.

post #386 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

That's like saying we aren't far far away from a release date for GT5. lol

true dat.

post #387 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

The Xbox 360 uses a propietary input system. If you want to make a controller run on 360 you need to pay MS licensing fees (this also explains why the SF4 controllers were higher priced on 360). Logitech doesn't want to do this so their controllers don't work on the system.
post #388 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

The Xbox 360 uses a propietary input system. If you want to make a controller run on 360 you need to pay MS licensing fees (this also explains why the SF4 controllers were higher priced on 360). Logitech doesn't want to do this so their controllers don't work on the system.

yup, this is what i heard as well.

hence the reason why the Fanatec Turbo S (X360/PS3/PC) wheel costs $350 when the Turbo (PS3/PC) wheel only cost $200 when it's essentially the same wheel.

if the G27 was to work with the X360 it would have to cost another $100 - $150.

post #389 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Pricey proprietary hardware/peripherals are the main reason why I continue to buy most multiplats on PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post

Based on the FM3 demo alone, FM3 > FM2 graphically.

Go back to FM2 and check. Other than the HUD and menus, there really isn't much graphical difference. The physics are different in FM3 (not necessarily better), but the game in action looks pretty much the same as FM2. Saying that FM3 looks better than FM2 is like saying a multiplat game looks better on 360 than on PS3. There just isn't that much difference.

I imagine it'll be like the visual difference between GT5P and GT5.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #390 of 3784 Old 10-22-2009, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

Pricey proprietary hardware/peripherals are the main reason why I continue to buy most multiplats on PS3.

Go back to FM2 and check. Other than the HUD and menus, there really isn't much graphical difference. The physics are different in FM3 (not necessarily better), but the game in action looks pretty much the same as FM2. Saying that FM3 looks better than FM2 is like saying a multiplat game looks better on 360 than on PS3. There just isn't that much difference.

I imagine it'll be like the visual difference between GT5P and GT5.

fine by me. i expect things to be cleaned up a little, but GT5P already looks amazing. GT5P is fine graphically. work on the rest and we'll have a killer game.

Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page