Dont buy Sega 6 button controller from ebay - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
chris6878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I bought one and a week later the dpad fell off. I complained and the company sent me another and refunded my money. Yesterday that dpad fell off. When is a company gonna make a 6 button controller that doesnt stop working after a week?
chris6878 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
fcorona76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6878 View Post

I bought one and a week later the dpad fell off. I complained and the company sent me another and refunded my money. Yesterday that dpad fell off. When is a company gonna make a 6 button controller that doesnt stop working after a week?

Ebay just facilitated the sale and they have NOTHING to do with you buying a crappy controller for little money. Stating who the seller is would do more good in here so others know to stay away from their crummy products.
fcorona76 is offline  
post #3 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tqlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,447
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorona76 View Post

Ebay just facilitatesd sales and they have NOTHING to do with you buying a crappy controller for little money. Stating who the seller is would do more good in here so others know to stay away from their crummy products.

Huh? Where did the OP blame Ebay?
tqlla is offline  
post #4 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 07:15 AM
 
TyrantII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
and this has to do with playstation how?
TyrantII is offline  
post #5 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
fcorona76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tqlla View Post

Huh? Where did the OP blame Ebay?

Quote:
Dont buy Sega 6 button controller from ebay


In the title of his thread.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

and this has to do with playstation how?

Probably because of all of the talk in the Street Fighter threads on how the Sega Saturn contorllers, more specifically the d-pad, are phenomenal for fighting games when compared to modern PS3/X360 controllers.
fcorona76 is offline  
post #6 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bassmonkeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

and this has to do with playstation how?


The Sega 6 button controllers are usb and are apparently one of the preferred methods of playing Street Fighter games.

PSN/XBL: bassmonkeee
Wii number: Who cares?
bassmonkeee is offline  
post #7 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bassmonkeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorona76 View Post

In the title of his thread.

I thought this was fairly clear, too.

The OP has done nothing of any value to anyone with this thread by not mentioning the seller. And, honestly, it sounds like the seller has done a good job of refunding the original price AND sending a replacement controller? I'd assume that their business model is not designed around sending broken controllers out and refunding all of the money, so it's possible it's simply a bad batch, or the OP is extremely hard on controllers.

Still, it's not eBay's fault.

PSN/XBL: bassmonkeee
Wii number: Who cares?
bassmonkeee is offline  
post #8 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tqlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,447
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
He isnt saying Ebay sold it to him. He is saying the replica's sold through ebay are junk.

It doesnt even sound like the OP is blaming the seller. He is calling the product crappy.
tqlla is offline  
post #9 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
chris6878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Damn yall turn this into a flame thread. I didnt mean to balme ebay just stating were it came from. seller-digital is the name of the seller, and http://stores.ebay.com/pc-com-china is the store site. The seller is good people. They responded promptly to my complaint. I dont think they meant to send the extra controller but I gladly accepted it.

Im not hard on controllers at all. I have never had any controller break in my gaming history. I never drop the controller ever. It is just a cheap chinese knockoff. When it works it is lovely. The dpad is barely attached to the controller. I wish sony would make a 6 button.
chris6878 is offline  
post #10 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bassmonkeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6878 View Post

Damn yall turn this into a flame thread. I didnt mean to balme ebay just stating were it came from. seller-digital is the name of the seller, and http://stores.ebay.com/pc-com-china is the store site.

Im not hard on controllers at all. I have never had any controller break in my gaming history. I never drop the controller ever. It is just a cheap chinese knockoff. When it works it is lovely. The dpad is barely attached to the controller. I wish sony would make a 6 button.

No one is trying to turn it into a flame thread. This post has all of the pertinent information. Thanks for the heads up.


Was I right about the Street Fighter thing?

PSN/XBL: bassmonkeee
Wii number: Who cares?
bassmonkeee is offline  
post #11 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
chris6878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee View Post

No one is trying to turn it into a flame thread. This post has all of the pertinent information. Thanks for the heads up.


Was I right about the Street Fighter thing?


Yea you are right. I suck at using sticks but I can get down with a regular controller. Im still great with the PS3 controller but the six button layout allows me to pull of combos better.
chris6878 is offline  
post #12 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
fcorona76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6878 View Post

Yea you are right. I suck at using sticks but I can get down with a regular controller. Im still great with the PS3 controller but the six button layout allows me to pull of combos better.

I've been watching swap meets for a genuine Saturn controller locally but I may end up trying to get a good one via ebay soon myself....that's why I was interested in who the seller was.
fcorona76 is offline  
post #13 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
chris6878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorona76 View Post

I've been watching swap meets for a genuine Saturn controller locally but I may end up trying to get a good one via ebay soon myself....that's why I was interested in who the seller was.

Well it looks like all the sellers on ebay sell the same controller.
chris6878 is offline  
post #14 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
fcorona76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6878 View Post

Well it looks like all the sellers on ebay sell the same controller.

There were actually quite a lot of genuine Sega controllers when I looked again this morning. You just have to weed through a lot of the crappy replica's.

Amazon has a few sellers too...

Arcade stick:
http://www.amazon.com/ASCII-Stick-se...0500665&sr=8-8

Standard controller:
http://www.amazon.com/Controller-Gen...0500753&sr=8-3

3D NightS controller:
http://www.amazon.com/Controller-Seg...0500820&sr=8-1
fcorona76 is offline  
post #15 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
chris6878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorona76 View Post

There were actually quite a lot of genuine Sega controllers when I looked again this morning. You just have to weed through a lot of the crappy replica's.

Amazon has a few sellers too...

Arcade stick:
http://www.amazon.com/ASCII-Stick-se...0500665&sr=8-8

Standard controller:
http://www.amazon.com/Controller-Gen...0500753&sr=8-3

3D NightS controller:
http://www.amazon.com/Controller-Seg...0500820&sr=8-1


Thx. I think ima get that standard controller. Where can I find the adapter?
chris6878 is offline  
post #16 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 10:51 AM
 
TyrantII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee View Post

The Sega 6 button controllers are usb and are apparently one of the preferred methods of playing Street Fighter games.

Ahh ok. Just didn't make sense since it didn't mention it.
TyrantII is offline  
post #17 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
fcorona76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6878 View Post

Thx. I think ima get that standard controller. Where can I find the adapter?

I know it's easiest to find a PC Saturn pad but if you cant then you hae a few options.

Either try to find one of these:
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...&lnk=storesugg

or

make your own:
http://www.gamesx.com/controldata/usbsatpad/index.shtml
fcorona76 is offline  
post #18 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
chris6878's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorona76 View Post

I know it's easiest to find a PC Saturn pad but if you cant then you hae a few options.

Either try to find one of these:
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...&lnk=storesugg

or

make your own:
http://www.gamesx.com/controldata/usbsatpad/index.shtml

ok thx
chris6878 is offline  
post #19 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fcorona76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6878 View Post

ok thx

And here's some reviews of some of the Ebay knockoffs..
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthre...=163928&page=4

Boy, you'd almost think I wasnt working today....
fcorona76 is offline  
post #20 of 20 Old 04-23-2009, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tqlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,447
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorona76 View Post

And here's some reviews of some of the Ebay knockoffs..
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthre...=163928&page=4

Boy, you'd almost think I wasnt working today....

Thanks for the link, you just saved me $20.
tqlla is offline  
Reply PlayStation Area

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off