Zen Pinball - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 239 Old 05-23-2009, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I agree, Tesla is fun... hopefully I'll get some "rumble" from my new speaker system.

You, myself and Ben should get together and play some pinball.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 239 Old 05-23-2009, 09:44 PM

Yeah, this game is fun. I just wish I could easily figure out how to activate/achieve all of the features on the tables. For example, on Shaman I can easily select various elements after getting each of the letters in the word ELEMENT on the upper table, but I don't know what to do next...

Also, I've played 3 online games and have won all of them (yes, I'm tooting my own horn), but I don't see any sort of ranking system for online matches. Does such a thing exist?
post #183 of 239 Old 05-26-2009, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShorty View Post

I agree, Tesla is fun... hopefully I'll get some "rumble" from my new speaker system.

You, myself and Ben should get together and play some pinball.

Don't worry, you'll be hearing the rumbling on "tesla" and alot of the other games you have. It will be a whole new experience for you. Heck, your gonna listen to music and play games that you experinced years ago, just because of the fact you are going to have a really nice sound system. If you can fit 7.1..make sure you add 2 surround back speakers. It's more enveloping, imo.

I thought I did pretty well on El Dorado the other night..scoring 14 million something. Ha..I'm like 3000 or something on the list. Way to go hdtv00!

Absolutely we should. It seems I never catch him online these days. I do see you online, so maybe we can have a go at it..whether he is around or not.

You guys get online way after I am already in bed.... It sucks being in different timezones. By the time he gets off work, and doing his thing at home, it's 11:30 p.m. my time, and I'm off to bed. I'm not young anymore..I can't stay up till the wee hours of the morning like you guys....

That's why I appreciated all the times you and Dog came online during my gaming sessions to have fun. He has a wife and child just like me, and they have to come 1st, and I certainly can understand that by me being in the same position.

Hopefully...in year, we will be in the same timezone, and you will be the one that's behind..lol. But I see it as less of a issue for you, since you are only 1 hour behind, and maybe don't have as many personal commitments as he or I. Just don't get you wife pregnant yet..you have plenty of time young man..

Anyhow, maybe we can set something up for us during the weekends? I have been really busy the last few months with "Spring" functions, and re-modeling my kitchen, so hopefully things will calm down soon for me and we can have some fun.

Go Phillies! Go Eagles! Go Sixers! Go Flyers!
post #184 of 239 Old 05-26-2009, 04:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 185
A new patch is coming soon to fix a couple of issues BTW.

BTW, if any of you Tesla fans want a custom soundtrack playlist recommendation, I've been listening to converted mp3s of the old Sega CD game, Batman Returns. It has a fantastic original score, and was done in Redbook audio so the music played on any CD player. It fits the Tesla board perfectly.

I plan to get some more practice on Tesla this week after some time away; I was ranked #13 last time I played but no doubt I've been bumped since then.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #185 of 239 Old 05-30-2009, 12:37 AM

I just wanted to put in my two cents... I also notice the delay in the arms/flippers. I'm using a Samsung LCD HDTV, but other games in the past, like CoD Modern Warfare and World at War, do not have any "lag" or delay in the controls.

Bottom line, whether your eyes are keen for lag/delay, there is a definite amount of delay in Zen Pinball and it is frustrating.
post #186 of 239 Old 05-30-2009, 09:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

There is zero lag with the flippers in this game if you adjust the sensitivity in the option menu as described above.

post #187 of 239 Old 05-31-2009, 12:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Man I hate to see what I'm ranked now, I haven't played in well over a week. I was as high as 4th on el dorado, and like 9th last I looked 10 days ago or so. Anyway I tried the other tables only el dorado and tesla are any fun at all if you ask me.

I welcome a patch I've seen the ball vanish through walls in game 3 times I think maybe up to 5. Either way it's worth 10 bucks 60 cents for sure. But hehe it's no timeshock.

i7 4770K/16 gig 2133/GTX 680 840 PRO SSD

Paradigm Studio 100/570/20's/2200 Sub

Onkyo 809 42" LCD/Panny AE4000

post #188 of 239 Old 05-31-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv00 View Post

Jesus Online Multiplayer

Is that the new Religion RPG for PS3?

Zen PB is great! I keep hearing about Timeshock -how does this compare?

\m/
post #189 of 239 Old 05-31-2009, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgdigital View Post

Zen PB is great! I keep hearing about Timeshock -how does this compare?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post16500388

The only real "problem" with Zen (and Pinball FX) is the ball is just too fast/light. Great game though.
post #190 of 239 Old 06-03-2009, 08:27 AM

anyone have the game not startup and goto just a black screen with music playing?

This has happened to me like 3 different times where Ihave to restart my system to play the game. On the sony playstation boards someone else mentioned it but was wondering why we r the only ones seeing this glitch.
post #191 of 239 Old 06-03-2009, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

yeah...I had that issue. i deleted the game and save data and re-downloaded. Everything has been working alright now for about a week.
post #192 of 239 Old 06-03-2009, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 51
My high scores are still not saving after leaving the game and coming back in.

PSN: UndeadREDD

My Racing Seat

post #193 of 239 Old 06-04-2009, 09:48 AM

I'm still getting lockups every time I try to play online.
I played a game online last night and got through the whole game.
Then from the lobby when it was about to launch a new game it froze up (music still playing but everything else unresponsive).
So I reset the PS3, went back into ZP, found a game lobby and again it froze just as the game was about to start.
that time I left it on the hang screen for about 2 minutes to see if it would recover but it never did so I had to turn it off again.
post #194 of 239 Old 06-06-2009, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 83
Thank you for this info Joe, this is exactly that I was looking for! (I love this game, by the way!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

No, NOT one more time. You like Timeshock.... congrats and have a cookie. We stopped caring after the third time you brought it up. Go to the PC forum and make a thread-shrine for it if you wish, but stop cluttering up this thread with the same story told 1,000 different ways.

Back on topic....

mave198: the fact that you can double the sensitivity in the option menu proves that you are having problems detecting lag. If the flippers were lag free by default, then it would be impossible to increase sensitivity. You can't have less than zero lag of course.

I think the developer made it this way because of the analog triggers sometimes makes holding the ball with a flipper a little tricky since the slightest finger movement will re-trigger the flipper accidentally. It happened to me twice, but it isn't a major problem honestly.

waiverman: For EACH table (a table has to be loaded up first), do the following....

Start
Operator's Menu
Utilities
Extra Adjustments
--Lower arms sensitivity (on Tesla, set it to a max of .15)
--Upper arms sensitivity (on Tesla, set it to a max of .00)

Save your settings, do the same for the other three tables and you are done! These changes don't affect your ability to get on the scoreboard.

Martez: Yeah, you can adjust the pitch angle of the table to affect gravity and slow down / speed up the ball, as well as make changes to the rubber ring location, though I don't know what that does.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #195 of 239 Old 06-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member

Has anyone achieved the Monkey Wrench trophy in V12 yet? I did the suspension upgrade and the voice said I received the upgrade, but no trophy. Is there a glitch?

Jeff

PSN: Just_Jeff_
post #196 of 239 Old 06-07-2009, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Man, am I missing something, or does V12 suck compared to the other tables?

It seems go down the left chute WAYYY too often to be fun. I dig the other tables, and love the game overall, but that one table is not nearly as engaging as the others.

post #197 of 239 Old 06-08-2009, 05:25 AM

I just picked this game up last night and man I am terrible!! Hopefully I can get better with a little practice but I do not see how people are getting scroes in the billions on these tables. Anyone have any tips?

PSN - JRCROW
XBOX - jc23263
post #198 of 239 Old 06-08-2009, 09:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

In general you have to learn the rules of a table that enables jackpots. Concentrate on those goals instead of randomly hitting the ball. Also, there are a few vids on the 'net showing a couple of techniques, so check out the ones on the table you like for additional tips.

post #199 of 239 Old 06-09-2009, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

I still haven't gotten too deep into any of these tables but V12 and Tesla are my favorites (I just hate the voice on V12 - and Shaman and Eldorodo and...). The key to not losing your ball in the left outlane in V12 is not to got for the manifold fan's drop target with the right flipper. Usually that results in a instant ball loss because of the angle it takes off the drop target from that flipper. You can hit that drop target with the top of the left flipper. Just trap the ball and do a quick shot at it. Of course remember to hold the upper left flipper when the ball is anywhere over on that side to block that outlane.
post #200 of 239 Old 06-10-2009, 06:29 AM

Ok, now I am just frustrated with this game, too many problems.

1) When the game loads I get a loud pinging sound when plugged into my monitor via HDMI, on my TV it just says Sound not supported (but it goes away once the game loads).

2) I start the game and after the ZEN logo the screen goes black and does not come back sometimes (have to hard reboot ps3)

3) I quick join an online game and see 4 people there including me but I get the loading screen instantly, the game starts, I am in there alone, there is no scoreboard, and no other player avatars. (This one pisses me off bigtime because there is no explanation of why it happens)

4) I do a Online game search and no results are shown. I do a quick join and it finds a game, I go back and do a search and the game is not found, but I go back and do quick join and it finds that same game. The Game search feature does not work!

5) **THIS IS JUST MORE ME BEING FRUSTRATED WITH MY LACK OF SKILL OR BOARD UNDERSTANDING** I join an online game and within 15 seconds another player has scored 5mil + points and the game ends. I know it could just be mega skill but I don't think the ball moves fast enough to score that many points so quickly. (Possibly cheating? I would hope not but I have seen enough cheating online to know it is possible no matter how unlikely)

---So when is there going to be a patch for this less than acceptable game or where can i get a refund???

PSN - JRCROW
XBOX - jc23263
post #201 of 239 Old 06-10-2009, 08:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

A patch is on the way, but some of your problems have nothing to do with the game I think (i.e. 1 & 2). Maybe delete the file and re-download it?

I haven't had the online problems you describe, but there are a few issues in that area that are confirmed to be addressed in the patch. You should wait to see if it fixes the stuff that's frustrating you. It is probably getting approval for release since it was recently announced - it should be up soon.

post #202 of 239 Old 06-10-2009, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

A refund for a downloadable game? I hope you're joking.

I've never experienced or heard of those sound or video problems. The online needs patched and one is coming but I personally couldn't care about online pinball.
post #203 of 239 Old 06-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I've had the issue 1 happen all the time and 2 happen once. Not a big deal to me. So it locked up once and it makes a beep when it loads the table.

The Weekend Warriors
post #204 of 239 Old 06-10-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus311 View Post

A refund for a downloadable game? I hope you're joking.

I was, it was more a venting out of frustration. I love the game but just hope they start working on some fixes soon!

I am going to delete and redownload the game tonight. I am also wondering if having the DEMO and the full version may be causing an issue.

PSN - JRCROW
XBOX - jc23263
post #205 of 239 Old 06-10-2009, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Be sure to delete your save game data too (not just the game itself) if there is one.
post #206 of 239 Old 06-10-2009, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Good stuff there Cygnus, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus311 View Post

I still haven't gotten too deep into any of these tables but V12 and Tesla are my favorites (I just hate the voice on V12 - and Shaman and Eldorodo and...). The key to not losing your ball in the left outlane in V12 is not to got for the manifold fan's drop target with the right flipper. Usually that results in a instant ball loss because of the angle it takes off the drop target from that flipper. You can hit that drop target with the top of the left flipper. Just trap the ball and do a quick shot at it. Of course remember to hold the upper left flipper when the ball is anywhere over on that side to block that outlane.

post #207 of 239 Old 06-11-2009, 04:43 AM

So I deleted the game and save data and redownloaded and installed last night.

Problem 1 is now fixed.
Problem 2 only happens if I press X before the Last Zen splash logo disappears on its own.
Problem 3 No more instant load into empty game.

New Problem! - I tried online Quick Join and the game crashed 5 out of 6 times when it put me in the "waiting room" where you see the 4 players. (REQUIRED HARD REBOOT ALL 5 TIMES!)

PSN - JRCROW
XBOX - jc23263
post #208 of 239 Old 06-11-2009, 08:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Rumor has it that the patch will be released sometime today (Thursday).

post #209 of 239 Old 06-11-2009, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I had high hopes for the game but after playing the demo I don't like it. Specifically the physics are just not right. I've played a lot of pinball games over the past 10+ years and this one has some of the worst physics. i mut admit that as an avide *real* pinball played for the past 30 years I am real picky!

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" -Arthur C. Clarke
post #210 of 239 Old 06-12-2009, 12:03 PM

Any word on the update that was supposed to be posted yesterday?
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page