post #211 of 239 Old 06-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecd1973 View Post

Any word on the update that was supposed to be posted yesterday?

It was released in other parts of the world but not north america, we got shafted

The Weekend Warriors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 239 Old 06-12-2009, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tleavit View Post

I had high hopes for the game but after playing the demo I don't like it. Specifically the physics are just not right. I've played a lot of pinball games over the past 10+ years and this one has some of the worst physics. i mut admit that as an avide *real* pinball played for the past 30 years I am real picky!

Did you try only the Tesla table ?

If you did some players figure it has wonky physics , but the table has a "magnetic field" +as part of the table game play that can make the balls seemingly go sideways.

If not, maybe the Williams Collection due on PSN soon will satisfy you.
post #213 of 239 Old 06-18-2009, 07:26 AM

Anyone play this today yet? Any word if the patch is available for North American users?
post #214 of 239 Old 06-18-2009, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mave198 View Post

Did you try only the Tesla table ?

If you did some players figure it has wonky physics , but the table has a "magnetic field" +as part of the table game play that can make the balls seemingly go sideways.

If not, maybe the Williams Collection due on PSN soon will satisfy you.

You can only play El Dorado in the demo. I agree that the physics didn't real right. For example, I've never seen a pinball spin when hit by a flipper. It almost seems like they went overboard with the effects.
post #215 of 239 Old 06-18-2009, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Did anyone hear if the patch for "the rest of the world" fixed the glitch that prevented high scores from saving?

PSN: UndeadREDD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #216 of 239 Old 06-20-2009, 09:49 AM

I have a question. I set Tesla to normal difficulty. I think the default difficulty setting is on very easy, but I wanted to play on a little bit harder mode, so I changed difficulty to normal. Am I just making it harder on myself to get higher scores that are posted on the boards? That is, does the game keep up with who is playing on what difficulty setting? Because if it doesn't, I think I might go back to default for a while to help me get higher scores.
post #217 of 239 Old 08-06-2009, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 63
The first new table will be out by the end of this month and it's going to be a Street Fighter table. Pretty cool.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...fighter-table/

Quote:

Zsolt from ZEN Studios here! In case you missed yesterday's memo, I'm here to tell you there's a new table coming for ZEN Pinball. We've teamed up with Capcom and you guessed it, we're bringing the one and only Street Fighter franchise as the first expansion table for the newly released PSN exclusive ZEN Pinball. As long time Street Fighter fans, we here at ZEN Studios are extremely excited about this collaboration and we can't wait to get this table out the door to all our fans!

To give you a little idea of what makes this table so unique, we've loaded it with all the iconic Street Fighter II characters that revolutionized the fighting genre, from Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, and Guile to Sagat, Evil Ryu, Vega, Balrog and even M. Bison! The locations, missions, and even the tempo of the game capture the feel and look of the Street Fighter brand, so if you're a fan of the franchise you'll need to check this table out.

Right now we have a tentative release date scheduled for sometime in August 2009, so stay tuned to this blog, or check out the official ZEN Pinball site for more details.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #218 of 239 Old 08-06-2009, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
two questions:

1. does the online MP work well in this game?
2. did they ever fix the bug that was preventing high scores from saving?
post #219 of 239 Old 08-06-2009, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I will eat my hat if it's any different than their table from Pinball FX.

Your mom is a classy lady!

/ 

post #220 of 239 Old 08-07-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasnmb View Post

two questions:

1. does the online MP work well in this game?
2. did they ever fix the bug that was preventing high scores from saving?

1. Online MP works really well for me. No lag.

2. My high scores have been saving without issue for at least the past few weeks.

And I love the ability to play music from my HDD while I'm playing.

post #221 of 239 Old 10-20-2009, 06:34 AM

Has anyone bought the Street Fighter table. Is it good? I've rekindled my love for this game lately and noticed this DLC table. Hadoken
post #222 of 239 Old 10-20-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawd View Post

Has anyone bought the Street Fighter table. Is it good? I've rekindled my love for this game lately and noticed this DLC table. Hadoken

I enjoy it, although I've gotten a lot more mileage out of the Williams Collection lately. The SF II table is not to be mistaken for the actual Street Fighter pinball table that came out in the early 90's, it's totally different.

Twitter: Gizzmonic
PSN: Gizzmonic
post #223 of 239 Old 08-09-2012, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Zen Pinball 2 coming September 4th as a free upgrade to those that already own the first version, and it's free to Vita if you own the PS3 version.
http://www.zenpinball.com/press/press_releases/Zen_Pinball_2_Release_Date_PopCap_Table.pdf

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Zen Pinball 2™ and a New Table Based on a PopCap Games’ Mega Hit set to Release September 4, 2012
for PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®Vita
Zen Studios and PopCap Games to Unveil Mystery Table at PAX Prime 2012
Los Angeles, CA – August 8, 2012 – Zen Studios, the definitive leader in videogame pinball, is pleased to
announce that Zen Pinball 2 for the PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system will release on
September 4, 2012 via PlayStation®Network.
Additionally, a brand new table based on one of PopCap Games’ mega hits will accompany the release
of Zen Pinball 2 as downloadable content. This mystery table will be fully revealed later this month at
PAX Prime, and playable in the PopCap PAX booth. The table will also release on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for
Pinball FX2™ on September 5, 2012.
Zen Pinball 2 features an abundance of exciting new features and updates. Best of all, Zen Pinball 2 is a
free update for existing Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners, while new users can download the
pinball platform and try every pinball table for free before deciding to purchase.
Additionally, players will enjoy cross-platform entitlement and any Zen Pinball 2 purchase will entitle
players to both the PS3 and PS®Vita versions at no additional charge.
Please visit the Zen Pinball 2 press site to download Zen Pinball 2 assets.
Zen Pinball 2 Key Features:
- PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system cross-platform entitlement including shared
global leaderboards, online friend challenges and tournaments
- Zen Pinball 2 will launch with twenty-six tables!
- The most advanced ball physics simulation to date
- Compete against other players to achieve the highest ProScore™, and team up with your friends
to increase your TeamScore™
- Exceptional visuals in full 3D on 3D compatible TV sets
- Free, fully playable demos for all available tables
- Exciting multiplayer modes, including local split-screen and hotseat multiplayer, online, and
worldwide tournaments
- New tables released regularly through the PlayStation®Store
- Share your scores on Facebook
- New rule sheet format to help you achieve higher scores
- New trophies for each table
post #224 of 239 Old 08-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTJ View Post

Zen Pinball 2 coming September 4th as a free upgrade to those that already own the first version, and it's free to Vita if you own the PS3 version.
http://www.zenpinball.com/press/press_releases/Zen_Pinball_2_Release_Date_PopCap_Table.pdf
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Zen Pinball 2™ and a New Table Based on a PopCap Games’ Mega Hit set to Release September 4, 2012
for PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®Vita
Zen Studios and PopCap Games to Unveil Mystery Table at PAX Prime 2012
Los Angeles, CA – August 8, 2012 – Zen Studios, the definitive leader in videogame pinball, is pleased to
announce that Zen Pinball 2 for the PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system will release on
September 4, 2012 via PlayStation®Network.
Additionally, a brand new table based on one of PopCap Games’ mega hits will accompany the release
of Zen Pinball 2 as downloadable content. This mystery table will be fully revealed later this month at
PAX Prime, and playable in the PopCap PAX booth. The table will also release on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for
Pinball FX2™ on September 5, 2012.
Zen Pinball 2 features an abundance of exciting new features and updates. Best of all, Zen Pinball 2 is a
free update for existing Zen Pinball and Marvel Pinball owners, while new users can download the
pinball platform and try every pinball table for free before deciding to purchase.
Additionally, players will enjoy cross-platform entitlement and any Zen Pinball 2 purchase will entitle
players to both the PS3 and PS®Vita versions at no additional charge.
Please visit the Zen Pinball 2 press site to download Zen Pinball 2 assets.
Zen Pinball 2 Key Features:
- PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®Vita system cross-platform entitlement including shared
global leaderboards, online friend challenges and tournaments
- Zen Pinball 2 will launch with twenty-six tables!
- The most advanced ball physics simulation to date
- Compete against other players to achieve the highest ProScore™, and team up with your friends
to increase your TeamScore™
- Exceptional visuals in full 3D on 3D compatible TV sets
- Free, fully playable demos for all available tables
- Exciting multiplayer modes, including local split-screen and hotseat multiplayer, online, and
worldwide tournaments
- New tables released regularly through the PlayStation®Store
- Share your scores on Facebook
- New rule sheet format to help you achieve higher scores
- New trophies for each table

I wonder if it will feel much different. Less flipper lag, etc..

Just noticed they added 3D! Sweet!

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
post #225 of 239 Old 08-09-2012, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeppers, 3D and 26 tables at launch!

I have lag on ZP1 and the new Pinball Arcade, so hoping for improvement on this one!
post #226 of 239 Old 09-05-2012, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

I'd like to get people with Zen Pinball 2 on my friend list, preferably who also have Vita but my friend list is empty anyway so I don't care. My name is Macello. I have the classic pack and Ninja Gaiden Sigma (so basically, all of the PSN exclusive tables.)

/ 

post #227 of 239 Old 09-05-2012, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I haven't been following this game, but I saw it was free on the PSN this week and was shocked about that.

Before I download it and spend all that money (wink.gif) how many tables come with this game? I don't think I'll be buying any of the DLC, but if it has a few tables alone in the base game, I'll definitely get this.

Oh, and in one of the previous posts it says it's a free upgrade for those that own the original. I don't have that, but is the 2nd one still free like it's listed in the store?

post #228 of 239 Old 09-05-2012, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

I haven't been following this game, but I saw it was free on the PSN this week and was shocked about that.
Before I download it and spend all that money (wink.gif) how many tables come with this game? I don't think I'll be buying any of the DLC, but if it has a few tables alone in the base game, I'll definitely get this.
Oh, and in one of the previous posts it says it's a free upgrade for those that own the original. I don't have that, but is the 2nd one still free like it's listed in the store?

My understanding is that Zen Pinball 2 is just a free platform (menu system, leaderboards, demos) for those who have the base Zen or Marvel Pinball games.
post #229 of 239 Old 09-05-2012, 09:29 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

My understanding is that Zen Pinball 2 is just a free platform (menu system, leaderboards, demos) for those who have the base Zen or Marvel Pinball games.

It's a new platform and while they give you access to your old tables, you have to download fresh copies of everything. Did that last night and it utterly sucked due to PSN's gawdawful packaging system and the frustrating bundling of Vita versions with PS3 versions but once complete it is pretty cool to have all of the Marvel and Zen tables in one spot. They also added an integrated store + demo capability which makes it easy to try out new tables.

Cheers
post #230 of 239 Old 09-05-2012, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

I got the Marvel tables to download on the Vita, but the original ZP tables won't show up. IMO, all the downloads on the Vita are painful. This is something Sony needs to address ASAP.
post #231 of 239 Old 09-05-2012, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTJ View Post

I got the Marvel tables to download on the Vita, but the original ZP tables won't show up. IMO, all the downloads on the Vita are painful. This is something Sony needs to address ASAP.
I had no problems. There was a Zen Pinball 2 section under new add-ons in the store and the classic pack was right in the middle.

/ 

post #232 of 239 Old 09-05-2012, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Found it, thanks!
post #233 of 239 Old 09-05-2012, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Just played Tesla on the Vita. Controls are fantastic, no lag at all. Sure isn't easy to see on that tiny screen, though!
post #234 of 239 Old 09-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
I think there is less lag than ZP1. The 3D also looks fantastic. I'd say best implementation of 3D on the PS3 yet.

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
post #235 of 239 Old 09-05-2012, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Just played Tesla on ZP2 for PS3. There is just the slightest lag, MUCH better than ZP1. I scored over 5 mil which put my ranking at 96. Not bad for the first time out. I tried 3D also, it is really pretty, but to me it seemed like it added just the slightest bit more lag.

I could probably score better if I had a good handle on the goals. When it goes into "hurry up" and the dollars start counting down, I think I'm supposed to do the ramps in succession, but haven't gotten the hang of it yet.
post #236 of 239 Old 09-05-2012, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Nobody wants to be my friend? frown.gif

/ 

post #237 of 239 Old 09-05-2012, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Add me, my PSN name is the same as my name here.

Just scored 10 mil on El Dorado. I could have done better, can't wait to spend more time with it.

I have settled on using View 2 for everything. Makes it a bit harder to see what's at the top of the table, but I score better when the table isn't moving around under me. smile.gif
post #238 of 239 Old 09-06-2012, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

The more I play, the more I'm starting to think that maybe Tesla is the only one with the slight lag. I'm not feeling it in the Marvel tables, and I don't remember feeling the lag on El Dorado or V12.

I think V12 is my least favorite table of all, it just isn't fun to me.
post #239 of 239 Old 09-07-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

Nobody wants to be my friend? frown.gif

You can add me as well: ecd1973
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version