post #451 of 481 Old 05-19-2014, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceburna View Post

I see...I just figured out that my issue was I had registered my email address to another username so I have to get that taken care before I can play. Lol it was would've saved me a lot of time of they stated that on the screen instead of not sending an email.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I registered for the first PS3 beta, so I got my code before the beta went live. (I registered months before the beta began) However, those who bought the game for the official release, or for the PS4 version had to wait for their codes. You may need to call if it takes too long.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 481 Old 05-19-2014, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Finally logged in :-D Creating my character!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
post #453 of 481 Old 05-20-2014, 08:01 PM

Liked: 11
So I finally got to some dungeons and I guess I am a tank. Problem is I don't have shield lob even though I am level 21. Did I do something wrong or miss something?
post #454 of 481 Old 05-21-2014, 01:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Odin dropped at 2:20 am central time, the raid was a quarter of the size of the last one. We got him to 50% before it timed out.

Got one Mantle for our effort...

@kumanzc Do your class missions, you get skills and good gear for doing them.
kumanzc likes this.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #455 of 481 Old 05-22-2014, 07:06 AM

Thanks Pen,

Got shield lob last night and think am starting to get a hang of things finally.

I saw Dash running around a couple of times as well.

Anyway I am Major Atom so if you see me and have any tips/help for me then let me know.

Thanks.
post #456 of 481 Old 06-05-2014, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I'm hoping some of you FF XV Vets can help me with an issue I'm having. I'm trying to do Levequests. I haven't done any yet. I talk to the person and they tell me about some Leafbleed Slugs that they need help with. A big, green, circle pops up on the map, I go there and... Nothing. I can't find any.

Hhmmmmm, I noticed it's a level 10 quest, and I'm Level 15 now. Is that why it's not showing up?

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #457 of 481 Old 06-05-2014, 06:41 AM

You need to initiate the request. When you get there, choose the levequest and in the description at the bottom you should see a button that says initiate. Once you hit that you should be good to go.
post #458 of 481 Old 06-05-2014, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Yea once your in the target area on the map, open your Duty Log I think its called, select your leve, and click initiate. Their timed so its best to be in or near the circle.
post #459 of 481 Old 06-05-2014, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Aaaahhh, okay! Thanks guys!

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #460 of 481 Old 06-05-2014, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Just in case none of you FF nerds didn't know or see this.

Here is the full list of patch notes - http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/450816f57ade2015876e7675c3d06dca30386770

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/05/final-fantasy-xiv-update-today/
Quote:
Final Fantasy XIV Update Out Today, Sneak Peek at Next Patch

Hergen Thaens's Avatar + Posted by Hergen Thaens on Jun 05, 2014 // Community Project Manager, Square Enix

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

It’s been a while since the last article! How have you all been? We hope you’re enjoying your journey through Eorzea, but that’s no reason for us to be twiddling our thumbs.

Quite the contrary, as we’ve been busy preparing Patch 2.28, which we’re bringing online today. And the next big patch 2.3 “Defenders of Eorzea” is already on the horizon as well!

I know that some of you don’t play Final Fantasy XIV (yet…), so I’ll just use two exemplary points for Patch 2.28. You can always find the full patch notes here!

Novus Weapons are here!

It’s essential for every adventurer trying to make their way in Eorzea to be appropriately equipped. Currently, there are three paths to weapons that will enable you to beat even the most devastating raid bosses. Primal weapons, which you can earn by defeating primals, Zodiac weapons, which you can get through a demanding quest chain, and finally: Allagan weapons, which you can acquire through high-level raids in the Coil of Bahamut.

To get your hands on Zodiac weapons, all you need is a character of the appropriate level, a whole lot of guts, and some luck. Novus weapons are the evolutionary next step in the challenging and constantly expanding quest chain of the Saga of the Zodiac. Not only will Novus weapons be stronger than Animus weapons, but they’ll also allow for customization of their stats!

Repairing during raids? Now possible, on the double!

Many of you endgame players know that problem — you’re fighting, and fighting, and fighting, trying to bring down that boss to get your well-deserved loot… only to notice that your equipment is horribly broken. “5 minute break, everyone get out of the dungeon and repair,” yells the raid lead — the concentration is broken.
No more! As long as you have the appropriately levelled crafting class, you’ll be able to repair equipment without changing your class. And not only can you repair it, you can do so masterfully — up to a maximum 199% durability – making sure it won’t break again anytime soon!

Patch 2.3: Defenders of Eorzea

The next big thing on the horizon. And just like 2.1 and 2.2, it will add a ton of content, a lot of which we will detail at E3 — so please look forward to it! Until then, here’s just a small excerpt of updates to look forward to:
New Primal Fight: Ramuh — This brand new Primal trial will pit you against Ramuh, the guardian deity of the Sylphs and Lord of Levin. Find out just why this hitherto inactive Primal now has to be defeated by brave adventurers!
New Outdoor-Dungeon: Hullbreaker Isle — The tropical beauty of this Isle belies the dangers that await. Enjoy this brand-new outdoor dungeon while trying not to get torn apart by its harsh wildlife. And at the end of it all, a famous Final Fantasy enemy is waiting…
New Dungeon Hard Mode: Stone Vigil — This new hard mode will bring you deeper into the stone vigil than you have ever been, maybe even uncovering something new about the reclusive land of Ishgard…
New Dungeon Hard Mode: Tam-Tara Deepcroft — One of the earliest dungeons in the game has been taken over by a new, far more dangerous force. Will you be able to defeat this new foe?
New Skill: Desynthesis – — We all know that problem. That certain item, that’s not worth too much on the Market Board, but too good to sell to a vendor. What to do, what to do… Well, how about picking it apart? Desynthesising will allow you to do just that, trying to recover the raw materials an item is made of. And who knows… you may even be able to get some of the materials that are only available this way.
The Hunt — Your quest for adventure still isn’t quenched? Let’s see if hunting some of the most notorious marks in all of Eorzea won’t get you at least a little excited! Who’ll be the most famous trophy hunter of them all?!
Respec your Chocobo Companion — This is one for the fans — yes, you’ll finally be able to respec your Chocobo companion, and get your hands on those elusive Bardings of your job of choice!
diceburna likes this.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #461 of 481 Old 06-05-2014, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

They bumped CT to 150 tomes now. Cool, 10 runs gets my Atma book.
post #462 of 481 Old 06-05-2014, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

They bumped CT to 150 tomes now. Cool, 10 runs gets my Atma book.

Yep, and just in time for the next upgrade... which is still weaker than T9 weapons...

How big is the patch?

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #463 of 481 Old 06-05-2014, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Yep, and just in time for the next upgrade... which is still weaker than T9 weapons...

How big is the patch?

You forget the pass rate of T9 is low, much less farming it. Hell our FC only has one member who cleared T5 so the Animus weapon and all its grind isn't all that bad...in relation of course. Now the nice thing is your gaining over time vs losing over time. Running Coil a lot without clears just costs you gil where running Fates and dungeons for the Animus makes you gil. You can shoot for the Levi EX weapon but we can't clear Titan EX to begin Ifrit EX. Again, Atmas are a grind but doable vs the other two options.
post #464 of 481 Old 06-05-2014, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

2.3 is dropping the requirement to clear the three EX primals to get at Levi and Mog EX. I am confident I will clear T5 this week, I timed out with a group last night on the final leg so I feel I am ready to join farm groups.

Same for Titan, I made it almost to the end but we wiped due to a lag spike.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #465 of 481 Old 06-05-2014, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

The separates are still miserable. Was reading some forum arguments on whether Levi Ex or Animus was the worst grind. Oh yea, the second Coil has a weekly lockout too so if your item doesn't pop or is grabbed by someone else, you wait a week to try again. Just saying, not one of the three farming methods is really any better than another. They all suck and all have a decent grind and I think Coil is meant to be harder but more rewarding.

Edit: gd autocorrect, no clue what I meant for the first sentence....
post #466 of 481 Old 06-05-2014, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Update is 1.78 GB, I won't be on until after midnight tonight. :doh:

I'll be forming T5 kill groups once I am back on, requirements will be i92 and having at least seen the third Neurolink. That should weed out most of the noob players. If someone else forms a learning party at the same time, it should make for a solid attempt.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #467 of 481 Old 06-05-2014, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

I have 3GB remaining on my Satellite internet, and 7.5GB on my 4G. My Satellite resets on the 16th, my 4G on the 24th. E3 will eat a lot of data if I stream it, so, is a few hours of FF14 worth burning that much data prior to my free period?

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #468 of 481 Old 06-09-2014, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok so this being $12/$22 tomorrow I might be persuaded. A few questions.

Will I be so far behind you guys that it will make my experience boring/sucks?

I no longer have a PS3 so can I just buy that version then go to the PS4 store and download the PS4 one since its a free upgrade?

Will I get asked often if I want to cyber or a/s/l?

Will my wife leave me since I will turn into a true nerd?

Thank you for your answers.

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #469 of 481 Old 06-09-2014, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

You will need a PS3 to log in and create an account and make a character, you need all of that to do the upgrade.

You will be behind, but we can help you speed through dungeon content and help with some story stuff.

Make your wife a character too!

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #470 of 481 Old 06-09-2014, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Hell if you do get it, I'll start a black mage or healer and help out where I can. You'll be behind but the cool thing is all the classes can be had on one character. So its trivial to change class and run low level stuff or use a better class if need be.

My wife hasnt left yet so your cool but she's seen my full on nerd card so YMMV.

Honestly I don't think the cost difference at that price is worth it to get the PS3 version. You have to fully install it because you have to log in at least once to xfer and it takes a couple hours to patch. I got mine on PS3 cuz I couldn't wait the week between beta and launch. You get a month for your $22 and can easily beat the main story line in that time. The cool thing is you can up a sub or leave it. They leave your character alone so if you want to resub at a future time there isn't any progress lost. I guess a lot of people are seasonal. I'm paid up through Destiny but their updates are pretty good at content so far and I've got quite a bit I haven't done.

Edit. We have a kick @$$ Free Company (guild) with all level of characters and very helpful people. so you can usually find someone on to run with. Quite a few PS4 players too.
post #471 of 481 Old 06-09-2014, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, the FC is amazing. The only issue is finding people to run end game stuff, not many are running the higher level content yet.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #472 of 481 Old 06-09-2014, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

See if I can locate a PS3 to borrow. Its $60 if I don't have one and if thats the deal then I would just pass. $12 to try a game and don't like it is no big deal. I checked BB and its $40 to purchase and $20 for a trade in. After my membership I get the game for $32 and if I really hated it I could trade it in for $22 so its only a $10 loss. Not to bad.

Does both editions have the free month?

post #473 of 481 Old 06-09-2014, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

My bad...I thought they had the PS4 version listed for $22 but that's the CE. Any version of the game you get nets a 30 day account.

Edit: once installed you can trade the game disc regardless. All your account info is online so your left with a coaster.
post #474 of 481 Old 06-09-2014, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

My bad...I thought they had the PS4 version listed for $22 but that's the CE. Any version of the game you get nets a 30 day account.

Edit: once installed you can trade the game disc regardless. All your account info is online so your left with a coaster.

Don't you need the disc to play the game? You are telling me you can start the game without the disc? If so then I would of tried this game out sooner.

post #475 of 481 Old 06-09-2014, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Don't you need the disc to play the game? You are telling me you can start the game without the disc? If so then I would of tried this game out sooner.

For this particular game, the disc is merely a delivery system. They have the account information on the server.
post #476 of 481 Old 06-20-2014, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

post #477 of 481 Old 06-25-2014, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post
You try jumping around as a Dragoon and see what wearing something restrictive pinches....
Chairman7w likes this.
post #478 of 481 Old 07-04-2014, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Patch notes are out. Binding coil 1,2,4,5 are getting an echo buff to 20%

Ramuh EX will require Mog EX and Levi EX to be cleared to access it. Both of these will get the same echo buff as previous EX primals, Ramuh will not have an echo buff.

Lots of stuff is seeing myth tome buffs and soldiery debuffs. CT original is up to 200 for example.

Much more at the link.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...809e71a48adb5a
post #479 of 481 Old 07-04-2014, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Their just making the new dungeons the extremes now and bumping old extremes down. Their really bumping the trials up though.
post #480 of 481 Old 07-04-2014, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

After being in T6 for a month and seeing the playerbase, dumbing down T5 any further is not the right answer...
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page