The Official Playstation DEALS Thread - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 24Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #391 of 1003 Old 12-16-2010, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 5,999
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 667
So here's the idea I saw on slickdeals. *

Links for all this are below:


So Sam's Club is running a promotion. *Buy a $40 gift card get a $10 gift card free or buy a $100 gift card get a $25 gift card free. *One offer per Sam's club transaction. *So you'd need three or four separate transactions at Sam's club to make this work. The gift cards can be used as Sam's or Wal-Mart, but in order to use this offer you have to be a Sam's club member.


Tomorrow Wal-Mart is selling the 160GB PS3 slim at normal $300 price, but when you buy it you get a bonus $100 wal-mart gift card.


You go to Sam's club and you buy *2x $100 cards and 2x $40 cards - thus you get $70 additional in bonus gift cards, giving you a total gift card value of $350. Then go to Walmart and buy the PS3 to get the extra $100 gift card. *


Do all the math and now you bought a $300 dollar PS3, but have $170 in gift cards

So in reality you are paying $130 + tax for a PS3.



http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2485904

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1569610

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Archaea is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #392 of 1003 Old 12-16-2010, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Chris Schempp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 2,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

So here's the idea I saw on slickdeals. *

Links for all this are below:


So Sam's Club is running a promotion. *Buy a $40 gift card get a $10 gift card free or buy a $100 gift card get a $25 gift card free. *One offer per Sam's club transaction. *So you'd need three or four separate transactions at Sam's club to make this work. The gift cards can be used as Sam's or Wal-Mart, but in order to use this offer you have to be a Sam's club member.


Tomorrow Wal-Mart is selling the 160GB PS3 slim at normal $300 price, but when you buy it you get a bonus $100 wal-mart gift card.


You go to Sam's club and you buy *2x $100 cards and 2x $40 cards - thus you get $70 additional in bonus gift cards, giving you a total gift card value of $350. Then go to Walmart and buy the PS3 to get the extra $100 gift card. *


Do all the math and now you bought a $300 dollar PS3, but have $170 in gift cards

So in reality you are paying $130 + tax for a PS3.



http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2485904

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1569610


So you spend $280 to get $350.

Then you take $321 from the gift cards (let's assume 7% tax) and get back a $100 gift card.

You now have $29 left of the original gift cards and you've been given a $100 gift card leaving you with $129.

While you would theoretically be paying the $130 price, you won't end up with $170 in gift cards. Even without tax, you'd only have $150.

Chris Schempp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSN - Mandos_eD
Chris Schempp is offline  
post #393 of 1003 Old 12-16-2010, 03:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
joeblow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 12,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Nevermind, misread the deal.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

joeblow is online now  
post #394 of 1003 Old 12-17-2010, 08:34 AM
Senior Member
 
John Megadeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ok, so I purchased my 160GB PS3 two weeks ago from Wal-Mart. It was the bundle with Medal of Honor and Uncharted 2 for $299.99. I've called Wal-Mart to inquire about the $100 GC promotion that starts tonight and runs through this weekend; here's my idea:

Return the bundle, get the full refund, then purchase a new unit and get the $100 GC. I already beat Medal of Honor and was about to trade it in at Best Buy for a $25 GC. I was about to start playing Uncharted 2, but my local Blockbuster has about 10 copies for $19.99 each.

The only question I have is if Wal-Mart will accept the unit for a refund since it has two opened games that came inside the box. I figure that if I repackage them inside, it shouldn't be an issue. I'm not trying to anything underhanded (like keep the games), but I'd love to take advantage of this promotion since I JUST purchased a PS3 two weeks ago.

Thanks for your input!
John Megadeth is offline  
post #395 of 1003 Old 12-17-2010, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Chris Schempp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 2,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Megadeth View Post

Ok, so I purchased my 160GB PS3 two weeks ago from Wal-Mart. It was the bundle with Medal of Honor and Uncharted 2 for $299.99. I've called Wal-Mart to inquire about the $100 GC promotion that starts tonight and runs through this weekend; here's my idea:

Return the bundle, get the full refund, then purchase a new unit and get the $100 GC. I already beat Medal of Honor and was about to trade it in at Best Buy for a $25 GC. I was about to start playing Uncharted 2, but my local Blockbuster has about 10 copies for $19.99 each.

The only question I have is if Wal-Mart will accept the unit for a refund since it has two opened games that came inside the box. I figure that if I repackage them inside, it shouldn't be an issue. I'm not trying to anything underhanded (like keep the games), but I'd love to take advantage of this promotion since I JUST purchased a PS3 two weeks ago.

Thanks for your input!

Unless it's defective, I don't think they accept an opened PS3 at all.

The only way to return an opened PS3 was to be underhanded and open from the bottom so the seal at the top wasn't broken.

Chris Schempp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSN - Mandos_eD
Chris Schempp is offline  
post #396 of 1003 Old 12-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Senior Member
 
John Megadeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Schempp View Post


Unless it's defective, I don't think they accept an opened PS3 at all.

The only way to return an opened PS3 was to be underhanded and open from the bottom so the seal at the top wasn't broken.

Hmm. I'm not looking to do anything shady; however, I was told that I could return it no problem. I'll give them a call back.
John Megadeth is offline  
post #397 of 1003 Old 12-17-2010, 09:31 AM
Senior Member
 
mgr_stl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Valley Park, MO
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Couldn't you buy a new PS3, and then return it using the receipt from your original transaction? I don't consider that unethical, but what do I know.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mgr_stl is offline  
post #398 of 1003 Old 12-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Senior Member
 
John Megadeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I spoke with the Customer Service Supervisor at the store I purchased mine from. She said that there was no problem with me returning it (even with the games opened). That's good, because I just purchased a PS3 from Amazon, as they are matching the promotion by offering a $100 Amazon credit. This is a great deal, as the PS3 is tax-free (saves me $25) and I'll have it delivered tomorrow ($3.99 one-day shipping for Prime members). Since I still want to play Uncharted 2 (and Uncharted for that matter), I'll purchase the $19.99 copy at Blockbuster. Great deal! Now I'm ready to leave work and go return the first PS3
John Megadeth is offline  
post #399 of 1003 Old 12-17-2010, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Chris Schempp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 2,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Megadeth View Post

I spoke with the Customer Service Supervisor at the store I purchased mine from. She said that there was no problem with me returning it (even with the games opened). That's good, because I just purchased a PS3 from Amazon, as they are matching the promotion by offering a $100 Amazon credit. This is a great deal, as the PS3 is tax-free (saves me $25) and I'll have it delivered tomorrow ($3.99 one-day shipping for Prime members). Since I still want to play Uncharted 2 (and Uncharted for that matter), I'll purchase the $19.99 copy at Blockbuster. Great deal! Now I'm ready to leave work and go return the first PS3

Wow, that's definitely a new policy. In the past, if you opened a system, it was yours. That's it.

Chris Schempp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSN - Mandos_eD
Chris Schempp is offline  
post #400 of 1003 Old 12-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Ratnose86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
And the consumer wins

PSN: Ratnose
Ratnose86 is offline  
post #401 of 1003 Old 12-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Senior Member
 
NOFX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
awesome!
NOFX is offline  
post #402 of 1003 Old 12-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Member
 
l.i. bruce fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any idea how long the $100 Amazon credit lasts? I don't mean how long this offer is available, I mean how long do I have to use my $100 credit.
l.i. bruce fan is offline  
post #403 of 1003 Old 12-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
iamkoza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 827
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you are one of the 10 people like me who is late to the whole call of duty party because you refused to give FPS with controllers a shot.... this COD MW & MW2 bundle is on sale today for $35

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Saga...2616574&sr=1-6

I borrowed a friends copy of MW1 and there are plenty of people playing this online still.... fun game but I suck big time
iamkoza is offline  
post #404 of 1003 Old 12-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
NickFoley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Out There Somewhere
Posts: 634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just pulled the trigger on it. Now I have one for another room.
NickFoley is offline  
post #405 of 1003 Old 12-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Member
 
JHunt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just place my order in for the PS3.....as soon as I get a notice for the $100.00 credit...I am going to turn around and slap this Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500 GB Bulk for the price of $53.99... and still have time to find a good deal on a pre-order game with another $10 or $20 credit....there goes my self-made bundle for $298.99

Has anyone try this WD Blue 500GB in there PS3

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digita...f=pd_rhf_p_t_1
JHunt13 is offline  
post #406 of 1003 Old 12-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Senior Member
 
John Megadeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Schempp

Wow, that's definitely a new policy. In the past, if you opened a system, it was yours. That's it.
Return went smoothly! Got $324 back, then went and got Uncharted 2 for $20. PS3 will be in tomorrow
John Megadeth is offline  
post #407 of 1003 Old 12-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Senior Member
 
John Megadeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Megadeth View Post


Return went smoothly! Got $324 back, then went and got Uncharted 2 for $20. PS3 will be in tomorrow

PS3 was just delivered; Amazon credit already deposited.

Did anyone have any luck at 9:00 pm at Wal-Mart?
John Megadeth is offline  
post #408 of 1003 Old 12-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
TedSeattle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 859
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Fallout New Vegas for $40 at Target, for the week beginning Sunday the 19th:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/17/ta...-and-more-nex/
TedSeattle is online now  
post #409 of 1003 Old 12-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Ratnose86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not sure if this is a new deal, for the more frugal wheel enthusiast:
$99.99 Driving Force GT

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=invihand-20

PSN: Ratnose
Ratnose86 is offline  
post #410 of 1003 Old 12-18-2010, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Auditor_Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,084
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Megadeth View Post

PS3 was just delivered; Amazon credit already deposited.

Did anyone have any luck at 9:00 pm at Wal-Mart?

If you want to call needing to pick up my 3rd PS3 in 3.5 years "luck", then yep - I had good luck at Walmart.

The store by me had over 20 in stock. I got there a half hour early, was about 4th in line and got one with the $100 gift card no problem.

I'm currently burning my Saturday transfering data and deactivating/activating accounts.

PSN = JUST_KEVIN
Auditor_Kevin is offline  
post #411 of 1003 Old 12-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
NickFoley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Out There Somewhere
Posts: 634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHunt13 View Post

I just place my order in for the PS3.....as soon as I get a notice for the $100.00 credit...I am going to turn around and slap this Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500 GB Bulk for the price of $53.99... and still have time to find a good deal on a pre-order game with another $10 or $20 credit....there goes my self-made bundle for $298.99

Has anyone try this WD Blue 500GB in there PS3

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digita...f=pd_rhf_p_t_1

I put that HDD in my launch PS3 just before Uncharted 2 was released. It's worked without flaw since then.
NickFoley is offline  
post #412 of 1003 Old 12-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Member
 
mhraracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Megadeth View Post

Did anyone have any luck at 9:00 pm at Wal-Mart?

Went to my local Walmart at 9pm - I was 4th person in line and they only had 2 PS3's but they had over 30 Wii's.

So Saturday called all Walmrts in my area and one not to far had over 14 PS3's in stock so I ran down and picked up one with MOH and UC2 free inside plus 100 dollar GC !! Pretty stoked.

Now the search for a new 40ish LED TV ....... thinking there will be good deals heading towards Super Bowl......
mhraracing is offline  
post #413 of 1003 Old 12-20-2010, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Auditor_Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,084
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhraracing View Post

Went to my local Walmart at 9pm - I was 4th person in line and they only had 2 PS3's but they had over 30 Wii's.

So Saturday called all Walmrts in my area and one not to far had over 14 PS3's in stock so I ran down and picked up one with MOH and UC2 free inside plus 100 dollar GC !! Pretty stoked.

Now the search for a new 40ish LED TV ....... thinking there will be good deals heading towards Super Bowl......

Did they all have UC2 and MOH inside?? I saw the sticker for it, but my unit didn't have the games inside............

PSN = JUST_KEVIN
Auditor_Kevin is offline  
post #414 of 1003 Old 12-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Member
 
mhraracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor_Kevin View Post

Did they all have UC2 and MOH inside?? I saw the sticker for it, but my unit didn't have the games inside............

Not sure if all 14 had the games inside - but the one he pulled for me did. Call me a newb but I didnt even know I was getting both games until I was walking to the car and read the sticker on the outside, but even then I was skeptical until I got home and open the box up - low and behold - both games inside !!
mhraracing is offline  
post #415 of 1003 Old 12-21-2010, 03:20 AM
Newbie
 
TheUndead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom (PS3) $16.90 at Play-Asia.com!

Link to product: http://www.play-asia.com/Majin_Forsaken_Kingdom/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-3xfq.html
TheUndead is offline  
post #416 of 1003 Old 12-24-2010, 06:45 AM
Senior Member
 
soutthpaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhraracing View Post
Went to my local Walmart at 9pm - I was 4th person in line and they only had 2 PS3's but they had over 30 Wii's.

So Saturday called all Walmrts in my area and one not to far had over 14 PS3's in stock so I ran down and picked up one with MOH and UC2 free inside plus 100 dollar GC !! Pretty stoked.

Now the search for a new 40ish LED TV ....... thinking there will be good deals heading towards Super Bowl......
If you are looking for a good HDTV, I just bought this one from sams club online. Aquos are very good TV's and to get led for this price is great. Super lightweight and thin too. Sharp LC-42LE620UT I have my PS3 running on it too and very happy with it. It does have a game mode setting on the TV as well...

DJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
8.5% of the human population
soutthpaw is offline  
post #417 of 1003 Old 12-24-2010, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Zookster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,659
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Enslaved is $19.99 on Amazon right now. Definitely worth it!

http://www.amazon.com/Enslaved-Odyss...KKWR8WSYZ706WS
Zookster is offline  
post #418 of 1003 Old 12-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Senior Member
 
SmokeCapone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

Enslaved is $19.99 on Amazon right now. Definitely worth it!

http://www.amazon.com/Enslaved-Odyss...KKWR8WSYZ706WS

BOUGHT!!!

I been waiting for this baby but my backlog was soo big, now its just down to assassins creed 2, bioshock 1 & 2 and then Ass creed BH, and finally enslaved.
SmokeCapone is offline  
post #419 of 1003 Old 12-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Member
 
mhraracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post

If you are looking for a good HDTV, I just bought this one from sams club online. Aquos are very good TV's and to get led for this price is great. Super lightweight and thin too. Sharp LC-42LE620UT I have my PS3 running on it too and very happy with it. It does have a game mode setting on the TV as well...

Thanks southpaw - I will check that TV out.....I was actually thinking about going with a Plasma now but I am open to either Plasma or LED - I have a Pioneer 5070 that I love - so thats why I was thinking about going with a Panny Plasma.
How does that Sharp handle your PS3 ? I am worried about judder and also off angle viewing. The room that I am putting it in, has a sofa that is off to the side, so I dont want the people on that side of the room to have a lousy picture.
mhraracing is offline  
post #420 of 1003 Old 12-25-2010, 07:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
zervinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
zervinb is offline  
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off