The Official Playstation DEALS Thread - Page 14 - AVS Forum
First ... 12  13  14 15  16  ... Last
PlayStation Area > The Official Playstation DEALS Thread
Archaea's Avatar Archaea 03:54 PM 12-16-2010
So here's the idea I saw on slickdeals. *

Links for all this are below:

So Sam's Club is running a promotion. *Buy a $40 gift card get a $10 gift card free or buy a $100 gift card get a $25 gift card free. *One offer per Sam's club transaction. *So you'd need three or four separate transactions at Sam's club to make this work. The gift cards can be used as Sam's or Wal-Mart, but in order to use this offer you have to be a Sam's club member.

Tomorrow Wal-Mart is selling the 160GB PS3 slim at normal $300 price, but when you buy it you get a bonus $100 wal-mart gift card.

You go to Sam's club and you buy *2x $100 cards and 2x $40 cards - thus you get $70 additional in bonus gift cards, giving you a total gift card value of $350. Then go to Walmart and buy the PS3 to get the extra $100 gift card. *

Do all the math and now you bought a $300 dollar PS3, but have $170 in gift cards

So in reality you are paying $130 + tax for a PS3.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2485904

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1569610

Chris Schempp's Avatar Chris Schempp 04:47 PM 12-16-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

So here's the idea I saw on slickdeals. *

Links for all this are below:

So Sam's Club is running a promotion. *Buy a $40 gift card get a $10 gift card free or buy a $100 gift card get a $25 gift card free. *One offer per Sam's club transaction. *So you'd need three or four separate transactions at Sam's club to make this work. The gift cards can be used as Sam's or Wal-Mart, but in order to use this offer you have to be a Sam's club member.

Tomorrow Wal-Mart is selling the 160GB PS3 slim at normal $300 price, but when you buy it you get a bonus $100 wal-mart gift card.

You go to Sam's club and you buy *2x $100 cards and 2x $40 cards - thus you get $70 additional in bonus gift cards, giving you a total gift card value of $350. Then go to Walmart and buy the PS3 to get the extra $100 gift card. *

Do all the math and now you bought a $300 dollar PS3, but have $170 in gift cards

So in reality you are paying $130 + tax for a PS3.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2485904

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1569610

So you spend $280 to get $350.

Then you take $321 from the gift cards (let's assume 7% tax) and get back a $100 gift card.

You now have $29 left of the original gift cards and you've been given a $100 gift card leaving you with $129.

While you would theoretically be paying the $130 price, you won't end up with $170 in gift cards. Even without tax, you'd only have $150.
joeblow's Avatar joeblow 04:51 PM 12-16-2010
Nevermind, misread the deal.
John Megadeth's Avatar John Megadeth 09:34 AM 12-17-2010
Ok, so I purchased my 160GB PS3 two weeks ago from Wal-Mart. It was the bundle with Medal of Honor and Uncharted 2 for $299.99. I've called Wal-Mart to inquire about the $100 GC promotion that starts tonight and runs through this weekend; here's my idea:

Return the bundle, get the full refund, then purchase a new unit and get the $100 GC. I already beat Medal of Honor and was about to trade it in at Best Buy for a $25 GC. I was about to start playing Uncharted 2, but my local Blockbuster has about 10 copies for $19.99 each.

The only question I have is if Wal-Mart will accept the unit for a refund since it has two opened games that came inside the box. I figure that if I repackage them inside, it shouldn't be an issue. I'm not trying to anything underhanded (like keep the games), but I'd love to take advantage of this promotion since I JUST purchased a PS3 two weeks ago.

Thanks for your input!
Chris Schempp's Avatar Chris Schempp 10:02 AM 12-17-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Megadeth View Post

Ok, so I purchased my 160GB PS3 two weeks ago from Wal-Mart. It was the bundle with Medal of Honor and Uncharted 2 for $299.99. I've called Wal-Mart to inquire about the $100 GC promotion that starts tonight and runs through this weekend; here's my idea:

Return the bundle, get the full refund, then purchase a new unit and get the $100 GC. I already beat Medal of Honor and was about to trade it in at Best Buy for a $25 GC. I was about to start playing Uncharted 2, but my local Blockbuster has about 10 copies for $19.99 each.

The only question I have is if Wal-Mart will accept the unit for a refund since it has two opened games that came inside the box. I figure that if I repackage them inside, it shouldn't be an issue. I'm not trying to anything underhanded (like keep the games), but I'd love to take advantage of this promotion since I JUST purchased a PS3 two weeks ago.

Thanks for your input!

Unless it's defective, I don't think they accept an opened PS3 at all.

The only way to return an opened PS3 was to be underhanded and open from the bottom so the seal at the top wasn't broken.
John Megadeth's Avatar John Megadeth 10:06 AM 12-17-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Schempp View Post

Unless it's defective, I don't think they accept an opened PS3 at all.

The only way to return an opened PS3 was to be underhanded and open from the bottom so the seal at the top wasn't broken.

Hmm. I'm not looking to do anything shady; however, I was told that I could return it no problem. I'll give them a call back.
mgr_stl's Avatar mgr_stl 10:31 AM 12-17-2010
Couldn't you buy a new PS3, and then return it using the receipt from your original transaction? I don't consider that unethical, but what do I know.
John Megadeth's Avatar John Megadeth 10:37 AM 12-17-2010
I spoke with the Customer Service Supervisor at the store I purchased mine from. She said that there was no problem with me returning it (even with the games opened). That's good, because I just purchased a PS3 from Amazon, as they are matching the promotion by offering a $100 Amazon credit. This is a great deal, as the PS3 is tax-free (saves me $25) and I'll have it delivered tomorrow ($3.99 one-day shipping for Prime members). Since I still want to play Uncharted 2 (and Uncharted for that matter), I'll purchase the $19.99 copy at Blockbuster. Great deal! Now I'm ready to leave work and go return the first PS3
Chris Schempp's Avatar Chris Schempp 10:53 AM 12-17-2010
Quote:

I spoke with the Customer Service Supervisor at the store I purchased mine from. She said that there was no problem with me returning it (even with the games opened). That's good, because I just purchased a PS3 from Amazon, as they are matching the promotion by offering a $100 Amazon credit. This is a great deal, as the PS3 is tax-free (saves me $25) and I'll have it delivered tomorrow ($3.99 one-day shipping for Prime members). Since I still want to play Uncharted 2 (and Uncharted for that matter), I'll purchase the $19.99 copy at Blockbuster. Great deal! Now I'm ready to leave work and go return the first PS3

Wow, that's definitely a new policy. In the past, if you opened a system, it was yours. That's it.
Ratnose86's Avatar Ratnose86 12:46 PM 12-17-2010
And the consumer wins
NOFX's Avatar NOFX 12:53 PM 12-17-2010
awesome!
l.i. bruce fan's Avatar l.i. bruce fan 01:02 PM 12-17-2010
Any idea how long the $100 Amazon credit lasts? I don't mean how long this offer is available, I mean how long do I have to use my $100 credit.
iamkoza's Avatar iamkoza 01:10 PM 12-17-2010
If you are one of the 10 people like me who is late to the whole call of duty party because you refused to give FPS with controllers a shot.... this COD MW & MW2 bundle is on sale today for $35

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Saga...2616574&sr=1-6

I borrowed a friends copy of MW1 and there are plenty of people playing this online still.... fun game but I suck big time
NickFoley's Avatar NickFoley 01:54 PM 12-17-2010
Just pulled the trigger on it. Now I have one for another room.
JHunt13's Avatar JHunt13 04:06 PM 12-17-2010
I just place my order in for the PS3.....as soon as I get a notice for the $100.00 credit...I am going to turn around and slap this Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500 GB Bulk for the price of $53.99... and still have time to find a good deal on a pre-order game with another $10 or $20 credit....there goes my self-made bundle for $298.99

Has anyone try this WD Blue 500GB in there PS3

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digita...f=pd_rhf_p_t_1
John Megadeth's Avatar John Megadeth 06:01 PM 12-17-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Schempp

Wow, that's definitely a new policy. In the past, if you opened a system, it was yours. That's it.
Return went smoothly! Got $324 back, then went and got Uncharted 2 for $20. PS3 will be in tomorrow
John Megadeth's Avatar John Megadeth 10:19 AM 12-18-2010
Quote:

Return went smoothly! Got $324 back, then went and got Uncharted 2 for $20. PS3 will be in tomorrow

PS3 was just delivered; Amazon credit already deposited.

Did anyone have any luck at 9:00 pm at Wal-Mart?
TedSeattle's Avatar TedSeattle 01:02 PM 12-18-2010
Fallout New Vegas for $40 at Target, for the week beginning Sunday the 19th:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/17/ta...-and-more-nex/
Ratnose86's Avatar Ratnose86 01:26 PM 12-18-2010
Not sure if this is a new deal, for the more frugal wheel enthusiast:
$99.99 Driving Force GT

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=invihand-20
Auditor_Kevin's Avatar Auditor_Kevin 01:53 PM 12-18-2010
Quote:

PS3 was just delivered; Amazon credit already deposited.

If you want to call needing to pick up my 3rd PS3 in 3.5 years "luck", then yep - I had good luck at Walmart.

The store by me had over 20 in stock. I got there a half hour early, was about 4th in line and got one with the $100 gift card no problem.

I'm currently burning my Saturday transfering data and deactivating/activating accounts.
NickFoley's Avatar NickFoley 01:00 AM 12-19-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHunt13 View Post

I just place my order in for the PS3.....as soon as I get a notice for the $100.00 credit...I am going to turn around and slap this Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500 GB Bulk for the price of $53.99... and still have time to find a good deal on a pre-order game with another $10 or $20 credit....there goes my self-made bundle for $298.99

Has anyone try this WD Blue 500GB in there PS3

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digita...f=pd_rhf_p_t_1

I put that HDD in my launch PS3 just before Uncharted 2 was released. It's worked without flaw since then.
mhraracing's Avatar mhraracing 12:46 PM 12-19-2010
Quote:

Went to my local Walmart at 9pm - I was 4th person in line and they only had 2 PS3's but they had over 30 Wii's.

So Saturday called all Walmrts in my area and one not to far had over 14 PS3's in stock so I ran down and picked up one with MOH and UC2 free inside plus 100 dollar GC !! Pretty stoked.

Now the search for a new 40ish LED TV ....... thinking there will be good deals heading towards Super Bowl......
Auditor_Kevin's Avatar Auditor_Kevin 02:25 PM 12-20-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhraracing View Post

Went to my local Walmart at 9pm - I was 4th person in line and they only had 2 PS3's but they had over 30 Wii's.

So Saturday called all Walmrts in my area and one not to far had over 14 PS3's in stock so I ran down and picked up one with MOH and UC2 free inside plus 100 dollar GC !! Pretty stoked.

Now the search for a new 40ish LED TV ....... thinking there will be good deals heading towards Super Bowl......

Did they all have UC2 and MOH inside?? I saw the sticker for it, but my unit didn't have the games inside............
mhraracing's Avatar mhraracing 06:00 PM 12-20-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor_Kevin View Post

Did they all have UC2 and MOH inside?? I saw the sticker for it, but my unit didn't have the games inside............

Not sure if all 14 had the games inside - but the one he pulled for me did. Call me a newb but I didnt even know I was getting both games until I was walking to the car and read the sticker on the outside, but even then I was skeptical until I got home and open the box up - low and behold - both games inside !!
TheUndead's Avatar TheUndead 04:20 AM 12-21-2010
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom (PS3) $16.90 at Play-Asia.com!

Link to product: http://www.play-asia.com/Majin_Forsaken_Kingdom/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-3xfq.html
soutthpaw's Avatar soutthpaw 07:45 AM 12-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhraracing View Post

If you are looking for a good HDTV, I just bought this one from sams club online. Aquos are very good TV's and to get led for this price is great. Super lightweight and thin too. Sharp LC-42LE620UT I have my PS3 running on it too and very happy with it. It does have a game mode setting on the TV as well...
Zookster's Avatar Zookster 10:43 AM 12-24-2010
Enslaved is $19.99 on Amazon right now. Definitely worth it!

http://www.amazon.com/Enslaved-Odyss...KKWR8WSYZ706WS
SmokeCapone's Avatar SmokeCapone 03:52 PM 12-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

Enslaved is $19.99 on Amazon right now. Definitely worth it!

http://www.amazon.com/Enslaved-Odyss...KKWR8WSYZ706WS

BOUGHT!!!

I been waiting for this baby but my backlog was soo big, now its just down to assassins creed 2, bioshock 1 & 2 and then Ass creed BH, and finally enslaved.
mhraracing's Avatar mhraracing 05:20 PM 12-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post

If you are looking for a good HDTV, I just bought this one from sams club online. Aquos are very good TV's and to get led for this price is great. Super lightweight and thin too. Sharp LC-42LE620UT I have my PS3 running on it too and very happy with it. It does have a game mode setting on the TV as well...

Thanks southpaw - I will check that TV out.....I was actually thinking about going with a Plasma now but I am open to either Plasma or LED - I have a Pioneer 5070 that I love - so thats why I was thinking about going with a Panny Plasma.
How does that Sharp handle your PS3 ? I am worried about judder and also off angle viewing. The room that I am putting it in, has a sofa that is off to the side, so I dont want the people on that side of the room to have a lousy picture.
zervinb's Avatar zervinb 08:59 AM 12-25-2010
First ... 12  13  14 15  16  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop