The Official Playstation DEALS Thread - Page 15 - AVS Forum
First ... 13  14  15 16  17  ... Last
PlayStation Area > The Official Playstation DEALS Thread
SmokeCapone's Avatar SmokeCapone 09:36 AM 12-26-2010
Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood and Fallout:New Vegas are $35.00 at Best Buy. The Sly Collection, Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, and GTAIV: The complete edition are $19.99 at Kmart.

Dont have the link right now as i am on my way to Kmart...

clintz's Avatar clintz 08:29 AM 12-27-2010
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood is also $35 at Amazon, with free shipping.
IeraseU's Avatar IeraseU 11:40 AM 12-27-2010
Batman: Arkum Asylum GOTY Edition - $19.99 at Best Buy
NOFX's Avatar NOFX 03:18 PM 12-28-2010
I know I'm late but anymore PS3 deals this week?
TedSeattle's Avatar TedSeattle 03:25 PM 12-28-2010
Fallout: New Vegas is $35 at Best Buy this week.
l.i. bruce fan's Avatar l.i. bruce fan 12:44 PM 01-01-2011
For those of us schmucks who did not pull the trigger on the $100 gc promo that many stores/online retailers were running to pick up a 2nd console, does anyone see that happening again anytime soon? I foolishly let the anticipated Christmas mega-bill from Amex buttress my ball & chain's argument that we don't need a 2nd PS3...
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON 02:26 AM 01-03-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.i. bruce fan View Post

For those of us schmucks who did not pull the trigger on the $100 gc promo that many stores/online retailers were running to pick up a 2nd console, does anyone see that happening again anytime soon? I foolishly let the anticipated Christmas mega-bill from Amex buttress my ball & chain's argument that we don't need a 2nd PS3...

A price drop is probably only a few months out so don't beat yourself up over it. It was a very nice deal (especially at Walmart as several still had leftover Black Friday UC2/MoH bundles on sale) but it isn't the last deal that will come along.

I'm just glad that I now have a backup unit that I can use for homebrew and a normal unit that I can keep clean for the PSN.
SmokeCapone's Avatar SmokeCapone 03:13 PM 01-03-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Megadeth View Post

Hey all,

So, I'm selling my brand new PS3 160GB box on eBay, with a crystal-clear description that it's only for the box and materials, not the PS3. The title of the auction isn't misleading, as I am not trying to deceive or scam anyone.

Here's the thing--the bidding is up to over $100! The current person even has a feedback rating. Are people insane and really want to drop that kind of money on a box?! Or are they trying to scam me? I apologize if this is off-topic, but I had to ask.

Thanks all!

Sounds like you knew about the 360 box only auction from when the 360 launched and sold for some nice change. And the person that won that auction is probably lonely and broke right now staring at that box.

Seems like it too me, but if people are out there buying boxes for systems I will for sure save mine the next time.
moepoker's Avatar moepoker 03:35 PM 01-03-2011
Quote:

Hey all,

So, I'm selling my brand new PS3 160GB box on eBay, with a crystal-clear description that it's only for the box and materials, not the PS3. The title of the auction isn't misleading, as I am not trying to deceive or scam anyone.

Here's the thing--the bidding is up to over $100! The current person even has a feedback rating. Are people insane and really want to drop that kind of money on a box?! Or are they trying to scam me? I apologize if this is off-topic, but I had to ask.

Thanks all!

SmokeCapone's Avatar SmokeCapone 06:48 PM 01-03-2011
Mega,

No biggie at all bro, you asked for our advice and some was given exactly that. I feel if the person doesnt read the fine print then that is clearly there mistake/fault.

You done everything right, no need to sweat it, I was just letting you know your options when selling something like this.

Maynard46's Avatar Maynard46 06:54 PM 01-03-2011
ya know u can can arrested and charged with fraud for ebay scams. not saying that is the case here with this deal, but with ebays popularity more and more people get charged for fraud related to ebay
Thespian721's Avatar Thespian721 10:37 PM 01-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.i. bruce fan View Post

Our Saturday/early Sunday edition of the paper has the Best Buy ad and they'll be giving out a $50 gift card with the purchase of a 160gb system starting tomorrow. Good news, as I am also a schmuck who missed out on the awesome pre-Xmas deals!
zoro's Avatar zoro 11:11 PM 01-08-2011
Quote:

First off, I want to make clear to any Mods that I am not trying to "flame" or whatever the forum lingo is; please feel free to remove this at any time. I just figured this was the best place to post this question.

No, I didn't know about that scam until this afternoon. I started researching online to see if there were other scams like that, and sadly there were.

I simply had a box to sell. I had it listed around Christmas time, as people often purchase used systems as gifts for others. In fact, I recently sold my newer model Xbox 360 box and packaging to a person who wanted it to pack their system as they moved overseas.

I've called eBay customer support to inform them of my concerns with the price, as I do NOT want to take advantage of someone, even if they cannot read a clear statement.

Here is the exact item description for the item; please note that the information has not changed at all. The text is large, easy to read, and not deeply imbedded in information that would make it easily overlooked.

Item Specifics

For sale is the original box for Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3) 160GB console. This auction is only for the box--the PS3 console, controllers, or other related accessories are not included (except as noted below). This is intended for someone to use that has purchased a used 160GB PS3 console and intends to give it as a gift (or resell). The packaging is in like-new condition. I've kept the box in the closet since purchasing the PS3 two weeks ago.

Included are the following items:

box
packing material
booklets
composite cables

Original boxes are in high demand, as many people purchase used game consoles that don't include the box.

I am going to contact the winning bidder and confirm one final time that they are aware about what they are buying. I am not a dishonest person; if someone really wants to pay $100 for a box, then I will happily accept their money.

Thanks, and I hope you all understand where I'm coming from.

Updated: Here's the title of the auction:

160GB Sony PS3 box ONLY (no system) with FREE PS2 game!

Wow with system for $269 on bay. Use system, for $169' sell box for $100
defdog99's Avatar defdog99 03:10 PM 01-09-2011
Box can also mean "machine"...
John Megadeth's Avatar John Megadeth 03:56 PM 01-09-2011
I deleted my previous messages so the board can remain on-topic. Sorry if I inadvertently got off topic.
l.i. bruce fan's Avatar l.i. bruce fan 07:26 AM 01-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespian721 View Post
Our Saturday/early Sunday edition of the paper has the Best Buy ad and they'll be giving out a $50 gift card with the purchase of a 160gb system starting tomorrow. Good news, as I am also a schmuck who missed out on the awesome pre-Xmas deals!
Looks like Amazon is matching Best Buy's $50 GC deal. Let's see if Target or Walmart will raise the bet...
Szyszka's Avatar Szyszka 11:35 AM 01-13-2011
Walmar has Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition for $25 + Free Ship to Store or or .97 shipping to home.
NOFX's Avatar NOFX 04:09 PM 01-13-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespian721 View Post

Sweet, got my PS3 couple of weeks ago and I called best buy and they will match the offer...
mpalmieri1203's Avatar mpalmieri1203 08:14 PM 01-16-2011
ps3 60GB $40 on Amazon.com right now!!
mgr_stl's Avatar mgr_stl 09:16 PM 01-16-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpalmieri1203 View Post

ps3 60GB $40 on Amazon.com right now!!

I bit for one, though it says it temporarily out of stock. Not quite sure what this deal is all about, but I don't see how you could go wrong ordering one.

FYI - For me it was $58.03 after shipping and estimated taxes
mgr_stl's Avatar mgr_stl 09:46 PM 01-16-2011
I'm not really expecting my order to go through, but if it does do you think I could actually tack on the 3 year squaretrade warranty for $7.99 since it is an electronics device sold for under $50? Does anyone know the maximum time limit after the original purchase of the PS3 I can buy the warranty?
joeblow's Avatar joeblow 02:52 AM 01-17-2011
LittleBigPlanet2 deal at Amazon.com. Pre-order the game (it releases in a few days) and get a $20 discount on a future Amazon purchase. I'm going to get Killzone 3 in February with the savings.
MarkV's Avatar MarkV 07:59 AM 01-17-2011
So, if we pre-ordered 6 months ago, does Amazon apply this future $20 discount since they have a "price guarantee"? Curious if I should re-preorder.
Weaselboy's Avatar Weaselboy 09:33 AM 01-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post

So, if we pre-ordered 6 months ago, does Amazon apply this future $20 discount since they have a "price guarantee"? Curious if I should re-preorder.

I have not seen this policy in writing, but my experience has been they give you whatever pre-order deals come along after you have placed the original order.
Zookster's Avatar Zookster 09:36 AM 01-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post

I've been waiting for a deal like this. In my experience, Amazon honors whatever the best deal/price is from the time of the pre-order until the game's release. That's kind of the point of pre-ordering--to lock in the best offer.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Weaselboy

EDIT2: I just jumped on this not realizing from joeblow's post that this is a $20 gift card type of credit (good on anything Amazon sells) and not just toward future video game purchases (which usually expire within 6-8 weeks).
William Mapstone's Avatar William Mapstone 09:58 AM 01-17-2011
http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbuy...h&adref=header

Little Big Planet 2 or Gran Turismo 5 Free when you buy a 160gig PS3 at Bestbuy
Goatse's Avatar Goatse 11:40 AM 01-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mapstone View Post
http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbuy...h&adref=header

Little Big Planet 2 or Gran Turismo 5 Free when you buy a 160gig PS3 at Bestbuy
you con get both free. I was at BBY the other day, they must have had few hundred ps3 in the front with most systems being the xmas ones with GT5 included.
William Mapstone's Avatar William Mapstone 03:48 PM 01-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse View Post
you con get both free. I was at BBY the other day, they must have had few hundred ps3 in the front with most systems being the xmas ones with GT5 included.
Is the GT5 PS3 bundle selling for $299? If so then that might work.
MarkV's Avatar MarkV 04:55 PM 01-17-2011
Anyone have a link for the LBP2 deal? On a mobile device and I just see a single price with no deal.

Thanks
steve1022's Avatar steve1022 07:41 PM 01-17-2011
This week Best Buy is also doing buy any 2 games (all platforms) over $29.99 and get a 3rd game FREE.
First ... 13  14  15 16  17  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop