AVS Forum banner

The Official Playstation DEALS Thread

174K views 1K replies 303 participants last post by  BillsFan4 
#1 ·
I figure we have one in the 360 forum, might as well have one here. Just a thread to post any deals on both systems and games (and any related accessories).

I'll start it off with a refurb 80gig system at Buy.com for $299 with free shipping:
http://www.buy.com/prod/playstation-...54&dcaid=17654

Also, as posted in fcorona76's thread below , Amazon has Prototype as the Gold Box deal of the day for only $40:
http://www.amazon.com/PROTOTYPE-Play...dp/B000WQWPP0/

Finally, Gamestop is running a sale on a bunch of games, and there are some notable PS3 deals involved:
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/Produ...px?groupid=531

Best bets - Oblivion GOTY, Wheelman, and Prince of Persia for $20 each.

#353 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoddee /forum/post/19498088

Is a 320GB PS3 and Move bundle (eye camera, controller and Sports Champions game) at $399.99 a good deal or a great deal or so so.

Scotty

That's just the normal price for that bundle.

Considering the 160GB PS3 goes for 299, and the Move Starter Kit goes for $99, it's like you're getting the upgrade to 320GB for free. Which isn't a bad deal if you want Move. There maybe be better deals on it come Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

#355 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounta1n /forum/post/19498138

That's just the normal price for that bundle.

Considering the 160GB PS3 goes for 299, and the Move Starter Kit goes for $99, it's like you're getting the upgrade to 320GB for free. Which isn't a bad deal if you want Move. There maybe be better deals on it come Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

Yeah, most bundles give you something you could do without but I want each piece of this one. What's a 320GB PS3 go for normally ?

Scotty

#357 ·
No, 320 GB. With the Move bundle included they are normally $399 (saves $50 when buying separately), and cost $349 for the PS3 by itself.

Quote:
Kmart stores this week began offering $50 with the purchase of Sony Corp.’s Playstation 3 320GB hardware SKU and the Playstation Move Starter Bundle in a new sale.

Through Nov. 20, customers who purchase the PS3 320GB SKU and the Playstation Move Starter Bundle will receive a $50 Gaming Coupon towards a future game purchase.

Meanwhile, Amazon.com Inc. this week began offering $20 off a game title or accessory for the Playstation Move with the purchase of the Playstation 3 Move 320GB Console Bundle in a new hardware promotion.

With the K-Mart deal you are essentially getting the $100 Move bundle for free once you use the discount towards a gaming purchase over buying it all separately.

#358 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoddee /forum/post/19498252

Yeah, most bundles give you something you could do without but I want each piece of this one. What's a 320GB PS3 go for normally ?

Scotty

There were going to start selling the 320GB separately for $350. Looking at it that way, it's like you're getting the Move bundle for $50. I don't think the 320GB is available as a separate SKU yet though.

#359 ·
Lots of good stuff on Amazon's " Prelude to Black Friday " sale. I'm not sure how long these deals last, but some of them include Metal Gear Solid 4 for $12.99, Batman Arkham Asylum for $14.99, and Assassin's Creed II for $19.99.

#361 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgr_stl /forum/post/19499595

Lots of good stuff on Amazon's " Prelude to Black Friday " sale. I'm not sure how long these deals last, but some of them include Metal Gear Solid 4 for $12.99, Batman Arkham Asylum for $14.99, and Assassin's Creed II for $19.99.

Until 12am pacific - so that's 3 more hours. If you haven't picked up Valkyria Chronicles yet, now would be the time.

#363 ·
There are some PS3 games on sale, and some notebook drives on sale, on the NewEgg Pre-Black-Friday sale. For example there's a 2.5" 750 GB drive for $99.99 with promo code EMCZZNN28, and a 320 GB for $39.99 with promo code EMCZZNN29. You can try this link... http://*******.com/2e3k6gx

My daughter wanted Katamari Forever when it came out, but the price seemed steep for what it was. Just ordered it with free shipping for $14.99. Will make a nice little fun present for her.

(replace the asterisks in the link with tiny url)

#372 ·
I'll be checking back on this. Hoping to score a unit sometime this week on one of the cyber monday deals. I have a Harmony 1 remote and don't need a remote. Looking for the 160GB unit with a game or two or something similar. If my fiancee is interested in the Move stuff I may talk her into pitching in for the upgrade 320 unit with the peripherals.

#373 ·
Harmony 1 is a great remote. We used tohave an older 620, but the accelerometer in the 1 is great - pick it up and it lights up automatically. No longer does my wife hit the wrong button in the dark and turn off the system.

#374 ·
Well honestly I guess the strict lock Sony places on the pricing of the PS3 units has prevented any real super deal from popping up for Cyber Monday. I'm in no hurry unless there's alot of money to be saved. The GOW 3 bundle gamestop is doing looked to be the best but the Move technology has me very interested so we'll likely just anty up for the $400 320GB unit with the Move technology.

#375 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTF /forum/post/19561968

Well honestly I guess the strict lock Sony places on the pricing of the PS3 units has prevented any real super deal from popping up for Cyber Monday. I'm in no hurry unless there's alot of money to be saved. The GOW 3 bundle gamestop is doing looked to be the best but the Move technology has me very interested so we'll likely just anty up for the $400 320GB unit with the Move technology.

I am selling one in the classified section on this site for a very good price. Check it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.