Deal Alert! - Toys R Us B2G1 Free Is BACK! Just In Time For Uncharted 2! 10/11-10/17 - Page 6 - AVS Forum
First ... 4  5  6
PlayStation Area > Deal Alert! - Toys R Us B2G1 Free Is BACK! Just In Time For Uncharted 2! 10/11-10/17
CubicleDrone's Avatar CubicleDrone 05:51 AM 10-16-2009
Amazon's selection for the B2G1 isn't nearly as comprehensive as TRU's. I find that a little surprising.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

DarrellG's Avatar DarrellG 11:50 AM 10-16-2009
Got the games I wanted along with my CODMW2 "placeholder". I'm set for the year.
Dave Mack's Avatar Dave Mack 02:44 PM 10-17-2009
nice deal. any suggestions guys? i have had my ps3 since launch but have only ever bought motorstorm and some download games like tekken. with my work and a 2 year old i rarely get time to play but would like to jump on this deal. I think I'd dig Batman and maybe uncharted 2 but any other ideas? thx
eddy_winds's Avatar eddy_winds 07:57 PM 10-17-2009
Dirt2..

Quote:

I think I'd dig Batman and maybe uncharted 2 but any other ideas? thx

eddy_winds's Avatar eddy_winds 08:19 PM 10-17-2009
PS3 Games listed..

Release Date

* New Releases
* Last 30 days (2)
* Last 90 days (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintz View Post

I guess Amazon wants in on this too.. They have their own B2G1 deal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000436751

lamonsasa's Avatar lamonsasa 06:07 PM 10-26-2009
tge big day is tommorow guys!!! im taking my 2 placeholders (nfs shift and brutal legend) both sealed of course including my sealed uncharted 2(the free game of the 3) which i didnt open just like they told me to in the store, i didnt want to take any risks, so finally tommorow im gonna exchange brutal legend and nfs shift for TEKKEN 6 for the PS3 and FORZA 3 for the 360! cant wait.
DarrellG's Avatar DarrellG 06:09 PM 10-26-2009
Wow, so you held onto everything without opening them? You have strong will power, lol.

I plan on just taking back Brutal Legend for COD MW2. I got a gift receipt.
lamonsasa's Avatar lamonsasa 06:13 PM 10-26-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellG View Post

Wow, so you held onto everything without opening them? You have strong will power, lol.

I plan on just taking back Brutal Legend for COD MW2. I got a gift receipt.

yea lol i kno man, it was not easy at all but i just tried to think about other stuff for a while, listen, its hard to have uncharted 2 infront of you and not open it LOL

Anyway, u made sure they will take back ONLY brutal legend? i mean i clearly asked in the store how i can do the exchange and they told me the only way is if i dont open ANY ANY ANY of the 3 games by any means, she told me if i open one game then i cant exchange any of the games anymore, people on the forum say its not true but god knows i dont want to take a risk and be stuck with 2 "OK" games u kno.. i dont even want NFS Shift or brutal legend so i mean by all means i dont want to get stuck with these games and so thats why i didnt UNSEAL any game ..

I just got a Hori Real arcade pro 3 Fighting stick! man tekken 6 should play awesome with that stick!!
DarrellG's Avatar DarrellG 06:17 PM 10-26-2009
Yea, I answered you in the Hori post too.

I used the same method at the same store last year and it worked for LBP so it should work this time.

I'll be picking up Tekken and Ratchet and Clank with the Best Buy B2G1.
lamonsasa's Avatar lamonsasa 06:20 PM 10-26-2009
Quote:

Yea, I answered you in the Hori post too.

I used the same method at the same store last year and it worked for LBP so it should work this time.

I'll be picking up Tekken and Ratchet and Clank with the Best Buy B2G1.

very nice, what 3rd game u gonna get from bestbuy?
DarrellG's Avatar DarrellG 06:21 PM 10-26-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa View Post

very nice, what 3rd game u gonna get from bestbuy?

It's my little sister's bday so she's getting a Wii game whether she likes it or not, lol.
lamonsasa's Avatar lamonsasa 06:27 PM 10-26-2009
hahaha
eddy_winds's Avatar eddy_winds 08:28 AM 11-07-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

^^^ It's not on their website - good catch. I dunno why some M games are sold there and others are not, but oh well. I'll have to re-think my strategy in this B2G1F promotion (if true... is it official yet?)

No Demon Souls but..

MW2(yeah)

Anyone save a placeholder for Tues.
DarrellG's Avatar DarrellG 10:42 AM 11-07-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy_winds View Post

No Demon Souls but..

MW2(yeah)

Anyone save a placeholder for Tues.

Yup, I have Brutal Legend sitting in a TRU bag with a gift receipt.
Krieger119's Avatar Krieger119 09:16 AM 11-08-2009
Batman AA is here as my placeholders. Can't wait for Tuesday. I wonder if I can use Ultimate Alliance 2 as my placeholder with receipt that says "Buy 2 get 3rd Free" ...
eddy_winds's Avatar eddy_winds 05:40 PM 11-08-2009
Same here-

Batman AA = MW2

Ultimate Alliance 2 = UC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieger119 View Post

Batman AA is here as my placeholders. Can't wait for Tuesday. I wonder if I can use Ultimate Alliance 2 as my placeholder with receipt that says "Buy 2 get 3rd Free" ...

Conspiracy*'s Avatar Conspiracy* 06:03 PM 11-10-2009
Toys R Us denied my return for MW2. I originally bought NFS Shift and Genji at full price. I was granted U2 free as per the offer. I took Genji back in today, unopened, only to be told the offer was only good for "games currently in stock". I was told I cannot return a purchased game for another game that came out after the sale. Am I the only one?

Looks like I will be returning Genji for "cloudy with a chance of meatballs" or "Up" or "G-Force Hampsters" anyone play any of them? ANy chance I'll get a little satisfaction out of any of them?
Sundull's Avatar Sundull 06:34 PM 11-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy* View Post

Toys R Us denied my return for MW2. I originally bought NFS Shift and Genji at full price. I was granted U2 free as per the offer. I took Genji back in today, unopened, only to be told the offer was only good for "games currently in stock". I was told I cannot return a purchased game for another game that came out after the sale. Am I the only one?

Looks like I will be returning Genji for "cloudy with a chance of meatballs" or "Up" or "G-Force Hampsters" anyone play any of them? ANy chance I'll get a little satisfaction out of any of them?

They won't let you return it for in-store credit?
TyrantII's Avatar TyrantII 07:04 PM 11-10-2009
Quote:

Ask to talk to the manager, then if he says that, tell him you're calling customer service, because he's not abiding by the corporate policy. TRU has no policy that you have to "Choose a game that was released before the game purchased", and point it out to him.

He was trying to BS you and get you to go away. In reality, he's just trying to flex his little muscles and feel all big by making **** up on the fly.
fcorona76's Avatar fcorona76 07:16 PM 11-10-2009
Oh the humanity! Think of the children....

Toys R Us denies someone who was blatantly trying to cheat the system....the full story at 10.

eddy_winds's Avatar eddy_winds 07:22 PM 11-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorona76 View Post

Toys R Us denies someone

TRU was out...

Had to go to Wally world-

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post17510401
TyrantII's Avatar TyrantII 08:35 PM 11-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorona76 View Post

Oh the humanity! Think of the children....

Toys R Us denies someone who was blatantly trying to cheat the system....the full story at 10.

If you can tell me how returning an unopened game that says was purchased for $60 on your receipt violates TRU's return policy or is cheating, please do.

I'm all ears.

I would have called the guys bluff and asked for a full cash refund on my $60 game.
DaMavs's Avatar DaMavs 06:28 AM 11-11-2009
Quote:

I've played Cloudy & Up with my son (7) and both are OK kids games that you can play along with them (or 2 kids can play together). Cloudy has a little more to do & takes longer to finish than Up so I'd probably recommend it first - although the main character's sayings get annoying real fast. Both are easy platinmums if you're into that, but if you don't have kids, I'd look for better options, although my 7 year old really enjoyed both, and I had fun playing a long with him despite some of the repetition.

G-Force is single player I believe which is why we haven't picked it up...

Good luck in getting the exchange working the way you want though...
Geremia P.'s Avatar Geremia P. 09:07 AM 11-11-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

If you can tell me how returning an unopened game that says was purchased for $60 on your receipt violates TRU's return policy or is cheating, please do.

Because it was part of a package deal. I'm sure if all 3 games are returned unopened they would be happy to give a full refund.
DarrellG's Avatar DarrellG 09:39 AM 11-11-2009
That's not true, it is not listed anywhere in their return policy.

I returned Brutal Legend, got a $64 gift card and bought COD MW2 AND got the promotional $10 gift card on top of that.

Yay!
TyrantII's Avatar TyrantII 09:50 AM 11-11-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geremia P. View Post

Because it was part of a package deal. I'm sure if all 3 games are returned unopened they would be happy to give a full refund.

Quote:

That's not true, it is not listed anywhere in their return policy.

I returned Brutal Legend, got a $64 gift card and bought COD MW2 AND got the promotional $10 gift card on top of that.

Yay!

What Darrell said. They didn't change any of their policies and didn't amend their exchange policy with anything from this promotion too.

It was buy two games at full price and they'll throw in a third for free.

Obviously, a free game has no value so you can't exchange the free one, but the other two are fair game. You bought 2 games, at $60 a piece per and their return policy is what it is.

This is just a case of a employee or manager being a douchebag because he doesn't want to follow something corp allows.
DarrellG's Avatar DarrellG 10:34 AM 11-11-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

What Darrell said. They didn't change any of their policies and didn't amend their exchange policy with anything from this promotion too.

It was buy two games at full price and they'll throw in a third for free.

Obviously, a free game has no value so you can't exchange the free one, but the other two are fair game. You bought 2 games, at $60 a piece per and their return policy is what it is.

This is just a case of a employee or manager being a douchebag because he doesn't want to follow something corp allows.

Yup and earlier in the thread, someone said they returned one of the games for a full refund so basically got B1G1, lol.
First ... 4  5  6

Up
Mobile  Desktop