Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 115 Old 11-20-2009, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tingham View Post

Just did the update on my slim, no issues so far. I like the new photo layout, it much easier to view what's in the folders now.

One thing I did notice with this update is that the pictures only show in "grid mode" when viewing pictures stored on the hard drive. When viewing pictures through Tversity or Playon, the pictures still display as one long column. Is anyone else seeing similar behavior?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 115 Old 11-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

try changing hard drive ur self, wont hurt!

Sorry I meant optical disc drive, not HD.
post #93 of 115 Old 11-20-2009, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecd1973 View Post

One thing I did notice with this update is that the pictures only show in "grid mode" when viewing pictures stored on the hard drive. When viewing pictures through Tversity or Playon, the pictures still display as one long column. Is anyone else seeing similar behavior?

Yes Twonky stream still has the pics in one long column
post #94 of 115 Old 11-20-2009, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapS View Post

This was a gamestop refurbished unit, no factory warranty or gamestop warranty left. I'll still contact Sony and see what they can do.

If purchased with a credit card (Amex, MC, Visa), check with them also. But don't know what their protection plan cover on refurbish units tho.
post #95 of 115 Old 11-20-2009, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Is PSN down right now. I forgot this morning when trying out the BF Beta, I had it one wireless and tonight I plugged ethernet and get a fail when connecting to PSN. The update was quick and fast last night. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

The 5.0 is here
post #96 of 115 Old 11-20-2009, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I had the TV my launch PS3 60gb was hooked to in another room since late August while I waited for a new TV in the den. When I moved the set back to my gaming room I decided to wait till the next round of firmware updates since there was so much talk of problems with 3.01. I went ahead and updated tonight and all seemed to go fine. I put a couple of PS3 dics in and a standard DVD and both seemed to work as usual.

Guess I'm safe for another round...

Jim
post #97 of 115 Old 11-21-2009, 08:00 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Does this update include MKV support?
post #98 of 115 Old 11-21-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike50 View Post

Does this update include MKV support?

Nope, not yet. Still need to stream using PS3 Media Server, TVersity or 1 of the other DLNA compatible uPnP packages.

XBox Gamertag: Shadowhwk
PSN: Shadowhwk_YYC

"The first few times fighting her, I felt as helpless as a one legged cat trying to cover turds on a frozen pond." <---- We've all been there!
post #99 of 115 Old 11-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Advanced Member

I was hoping that Sony would fix support for 44.1 output so that we could stream MP3s, but it's still broken. The only way to stream 44.1 material is to output it at 48k. 44.1 output still results in constant stutters due to buffer under runs.
post #100 of 115 Old 11-22-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimGoodie73 View Post

Guys, I have a problem... suddenly PS2 games played in progressive scan mode (480p) on my 60GB PS3/1080p Sharp LCD look TERRIBLE. I was playing God of War 2 just last week and it was fine. I did the update, cranked it up and I get this. Everything looks blocky and low res, including the menu overlay you get when you press the PS button. What's even odder is that it is only happening over HDMI. I dug out some component cables and tried progressive scan mode and it looks sharp. Back to HDMI and terrible.

I can confirm the problem, it also happens if you boot into Linux which is where I noticed it, because I don't play progressive scan PS2 games that often. It seems to affect all HDMI video modes (including the VESA ones under Linux) except basic 480i, but only with PS2 games with greater than 480i support and Linux.

Quote:

Could someone with a 60GB PS3 (the original with full B/C) please try popping in a game with progressive scan to see if there's is also gimped after the update (using HDMI)? I'd really appreciate it.

CECHE01 model, that's the 80GB model with partial hardware/partial software PS2 backwards compatibility.

There's a related thread over on the PS3 section of the Yellow Dog Linux boards. (sorry, first post, can't post a URL, this thread was linked to over there.)

Ron Rogers Jr. (CronoCloud)
post #101 of 115 Old 11-23-2009, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Updated my slim to 3.10

Now my sony sixaxis controllers aren't recognizing ! The leds on the top flash endlessly no matter where I sit.

I have to plug _one_ into the usb cable, and turn the controller on and off a few times before it'll kick in and recognize.

Once I get the one controller to establish, all other controllers connect with no problem...

what the !!!!

(and note, the PS button works perfectly fine. So its not a bluetooth frequency problem or whatever)
post #102 of 115 Old 11-23-2009, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

I guess I'll explain my friends problem too...

when he updated his 60G yesterday, his machine quit showing a picture and the audio was at an extreme low volume...

he fidgeted with everything.. then the next time it popped a picture and asked him 'an HDMI connection was sensed' Then he had to reconfig HDMI, but, it worked in the end...

So note, you might get your video settings reset too...
post #103 of 115 Old 11-23-2009, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by defdog99 View Post

Updated my slim to 3.10

Now my sony sixaxis controllers aren't recognizing ! The leds on the top flash endlessly no matter where I sit.

I have to plug _one_ into the usb cable, and turn the controller on and off a few times before it'll kick in and recognize.

Once I get the one controller to establish, all other controllers connect with no problem...

what the !!!!

(and note, the PS button works perfectly fine. So its not a bluetooth frequency problem or whatever)

Anytime you get a new controller, you have to do this.

I've had to do this in the past when Battlefield 1943 crashed and required a soft reboot.

Sometimes, controllers get unregistered from the system.
post #104 of 115 Old 11-23-2009, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

But my controllers become unregistered after powering the machine off...
and then I have to fidget and power cycle them a dozen time.
post #105 of 115 Old 11-23-2009, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

But my controllers become unregistered after powering the machine off...
and then I have to fidget and power cycle them a dozen time.

It unregisters every time you power it off?

I think mine did that for a short while (pretty sure it was with the Battlefield 1943 client crashes). Unfortunately, I can't remember how I fixed it.

Are you flipping the switch on the back, or are you holding down the power button on the console? I would recommend not switching off the power with the back switch.
post #106 of 115 Old 11-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member

I have a Slim and I'm also experiencing issues with powering on my console with my DS3 as well as my Harmony remote via the logitech adapter. This started after upgrading to 3.10. I have to manually hit the power button on the console to get it to turn on now. Does sony not have a firmware review process in place like MS? It seems to me that , at least recently, their firmware updates break more than they fix...

Hat Trick: XBOX 360, PS3, Wii

XBL GT: Osiriis
PSN GT: Poseidon44
post #107 of 115 Old 11-23-2009, 06:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quikzilver View Post

I have a Slim and I'm also experiencing issues with powering on my console with my DS3 as well as my Harmony remote via the logitech adapter. This started after upgrading to 3.10. I have to manually hit the power button on the console to get it to turn on now. Does sony not have a firmware review process in place like MS? It seems to me that , at least recently, their firmware updates break more than they fix...

reconnect your adapter to ps3, every thing will be hunky Dorri again
post #108 of 115 Old 11-23-2009, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quikzilver View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

reconnect your adapter to ps3, every thing will be hunky Dorri again

Unfortunately it is not as quite as simple as that for some. Read my detailed post.

EDIT: I've taken the liberty of creating a better titled Slim thread with some links and offings of ideas to help. You might consider following/posting in that thread so we can consolidate and all keep tabs on the progress (or lack there of) Sony is making.

PSN ID: dogdoctor
post #109 of 115 Old 11-24-2009, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:

Updated my slim to 3.10

what the !!!!

This kind of stuff is why I ditched the Logitech adapter for the Schmartz adapter. My Schmartz works perfectly with the PS3 slim and 3.10 firmware.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"

post #110 of 115 Old 11-24-2009, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Worked fine for me. PS3 80GB MGS4 bundle. It plays DVDs, BDs, PS2 and PS3 games okay after I updated to 3.10. Controllers work fine, too.
post #111 of 115 Old 11-24-2009, 11:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Everything fine here. One cool thing I figured out is if you have more than one BT headset now you can switch between them in the in game XMB. Handy because if mine dies during a game I can use my wifes cell phone headset as a spare without having to quit the game.

"You went full ******, man. Never go full ******."
om [NOM] nom
post #112 of 115 Old 11-26-2009, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Restoring settings does not remove a firmware update.

Two things i would try. Enable dual audio out. Ensure audio is set to 48khz.

International HDDVD Screenshot Archive (Full 1080p Images): www.hdmovies.co.nz
post #113 of 115 Old 11-28-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale_S View Post

Nope, not yet. Still need to stream using PS3 Media Server, TVersity or 1 of the other DLNA compatible uPnP packages.

I've been streaming my videos from my unRaid server for a while now and never had a problem. I recently updated both my unRaid server (currently running 4.6 beta 8) and the PMS software (1.10.5) and everything was all fine and dandy.

My son updated our PS3's firmware to 3.1 and since then, we're having severe lag between the audio and video. I'd say a 2-3 seconds delay. Let's say I hear the voice of one actor and his lips start moving 2-3 seconds later. If I watch the same clip with VLC on my computer, everything is fine so I know it's not the file I'm watching and since I haven't changed a thing on my server, it's gotta be the PS3.

Any thoughts on that ? Am I the first/only one having this issue ?

Jean-Pierre
Trois-Rivières, Québec, Canada
post #114 of 115 Old 12-04-2009, 10:17 AM

I did the same thing updated trusting sony. My 40gb ps3 stock machine DOES NOT READ ANY MEDIA. The disks load and eject, but do not play. I called and since I'am out of warranty I'am S.O.L. Any one has a link to the law suit. Everything else work fine. Tried resetting the machine no luck, NOT even sure if changing the blue ray drive will work.
post #115 of 115 Old 12-04-2009, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve2jpt View Post

My son updated our PS3's firmware to 3.1 and since then, we're having severe lag between the audio and video. I'd say a 2-3 seconds delay. Let's say I hear the voice of one actor and his lips start moving 2-3 seconds later. If I watch the same clip with VLC on my computer, everything is fine so I know it's not the file I'm watching and since I haven't changed a thing on my server, it's gotta be the PS3.

Any thoughts on that ? Am I the first/only one having this issue ?

Make sure he didnt adjust "lip synch delay" on your AVR...
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page