Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Great White North!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I’ve put about 20 hours into TDM (non-hardcore) so far and thought I’d throw my hat in the ring with what I’ve learned so far:
1. I tend to perform best using Slight of Hand Pro and Stopping Power. Not only does this help me reload more quickly but also helps me aim down my sights more quickly as well. This very small amount of times has enabled me to one-up my enemies many, many times. I tend to use this with either the Vector or Scar, both with silencers. My third choice would be to use the Tar with the silencer and the heartbeat sensor.
2. I’m still unsure which would be more helpful – Cold Blooded or Stopping Power.
3. I love it when enemies use the Scrambler perk because it lets me know someone is coming. I took out 11 guys in a row last night who all used it. To me, it’s not a perk – it’s actually a “non-perk” and works against you.
4. I’ve learned that, unlike W@W, you get really good guns right away. The only gun I’m really looking forward to getting is the M-16.
5. I’ve learned that for me to perform well I really need to pick guys off from somewhat of a distance and many guns (including those you wouldn’t think have much range) do, in fact, have very good range. While I obviously can’t get quite the same range with the Vector as I can with the Scar, it goes surprisingly far on close range maps with buildings.
6. Stopping Power Pro is a must for me most of the time - even with guns that do a lot of damage naturally.
7. Most of all, I’ve learned that running and gunning does not work well on these maps. I work best when I find a certain area (not just a single spot, but a general area) on a map and work from there. While in this area I tend to move slowly and be patient. Note that this is quite different than camping.
8. I’ve learned that you need to be very mindful of sightlines when going around corners and entering rooms. Simply running in without entering slowly will get me taken out almost every time.
9. For a secondary weapon, the PP-2000 (?) works great – I can’t use shotguns worth a damn.
10. Aikimbo does nothing for me since you can’t aim down the sights. Perhaps using this set-up with Steady Aim would help?
11. I can’t use sniper rifles worth a damn – never could. My shots are always a split-second too late since no one seems to stand still. My "sniper rifle" is actually the FAL - it feels very similar to the Garand from COD2 which I used the same way (pick guys off from a distance pumping two shots at a time).
12. I use flash bangs all the time and they work very well.
13. I like to hold off on using my care packages until the time is just right. The other night I had a Sentry Gun, Helicopter, and Predator Missile at the same time (saved them all up). Yes, it rocked.
14. When I’m performing well, I can usually go about 24 and 2 on TDM but am happy is my K/D ratio is 1:1 – it’s all about having fun!