Modern Warfare 2...Multiplayer Combat Tips - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here's a place to talk about strategies and all the different weapon, perk and equipment options that you like, or have questions about, in MW2 multiplayer online. You can also talk about which maps you like, or maps you struggle with, and even how you've set up your Callsign. (Title and emblem options...maybe some cool ones that require something tricky to unlock.) Let's just try and keep it informative, and not a place to complain about the general nature of the game itself.

Coming from a near life-time with COD4 I feel like there's a lot more going on in MW2, and so far I'm really appreciating the challenge of trying to sort through everything. But it's not easy--at least not at first. So list out what you like and maybe guys like me can improve their sad KDRs just starting out with it.

Here's a giant list of the various perk and class options there is in the game. (Nicely supplied by "tfoltz", who coppied it from the GameFAQ message board...so now I don't have to write it up myself!)

It's a bit long, so I'll keep it in a spoiler.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Perks
Quote:

Perk slot 1
Marathon | Marathon Pro
Ability: Unlimited sprint.
Pro Ability: Get over obstacles faster.

Sleight of Hand | Sleight of Hand Pro
Ability: Faster reloading.
Pro Ability: Gives a speed boost to how fast you can aim down the sight of your weapon.

Scavenger | Scavenger Pro
Ability: Full resupply from dead enemies.
Pro Ability: Extra magazines.

Bling | Bling Pro
Ability: 2 primary weapon attachments.
Pro Ability: 2 secondary weapon attachments.

One Man Army | One Man Army Pro
Ability: Replaces your secondary weapon. This allows you to change your class at any given time during a match.
Pro Ability: Swaps classes even faster.

Perk Slot 2
Stopping Power | Stopping Power Pro
Ability: Increased bullet damage.
Pro Ability: Increased bullet damage vs. helicopters and aircrafts.

Lightweight | Lightweight Pro
Ability: Move faster.
Pro Ability: Allows you to do a quick aim after sprinting.

Hardline | Hardline Pro
Ability: Killstreaks require 1 less kill.
Pro Ability: Death Streaks require 1 less death.

Cold-Blooded | Cold-Blooded Pro
Ability: Undetectable by UAV, air support, Sentry Guns, and thermal.
Pro Ability: No red crosshair or name shown when you are targeted.

Danger Close | Danger Close Pro
Ability: Increases explosive weapons damage.
Pro Ability: Increases air support damage.

Perk Slot 3
Commando | Commando Pro
Ability: Increased melee distance.
Pro Ability: You don't take any damage from falling.

Steady Aim | Steady Aim Pro
Ability: Increased hip-fire accuracy.
Pro Ability: You can hold your breath for a longer period of time.

Scrambler | Scrambler Pro
Ability: Scrambles (jams) the enemy radar in a small radius.
Pro Ability: Delays enemy Claymores, thus allowing you to avoid the explosion if you are fast enough.

Ninja | Ninja Pro
Ability: Invisible to heartbeat sensors.
Pro Ability: Allows you to move silently.

SitRep | SitRep Pro
Ability: Insertions. This will reveal enemy explosives and Tactical Insertions.
Pro Ability: Makes enemy footsteps louder.

Last Stand | Last Stand Pro
Ability: Allows you to survive a normal death. You will drop to the ground and pull out your pistol.
You can crawl in Last Stand, which was not possible in Call of Duty 4. Last Stand ends after ~10 seconds or if you get shot again, and in both cases, you will die.
Pro Ability: This allows you to use your equipment too, for example, frag grenades and throwing knifes.

Kill streaks information

3 Kills
UAV
Description: This deploys a UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) that shows the enemies on the radar as dots. The UAV can be shot down by the enemy.
This can be blocked with the Cold-Blooded perk.

4 Kills
Care Package
Description: After you throw the red signal flare, the Care Package will be airdropped into the battlefield. This can be picked by anyone, even the enemy.
The package contains either a random killstreak or ammo. The killstreak can be anything from the UAV to the EMP, regardless what killstreak rewards you have chosen.

Counter-UAV
Description: This disables the enemy radar for a short period of time, even if they don't have a UAV in the air.

5 Kills
Sentry Gun
Description: Airdrops a placeable XM312 Sentry Gun that will automatically fire at enemies. It can be destroyed by normal means, or temporarily disabled with Flashbangs and Stun Grenades.
The Sentry Gun has a full 360 degree turn on its turret and can pitch up and down. You can move the Sentry Gun around even after you've deployed it, but it won't fire until it's placed. They are most effective when placed in high places.

Predator Missile
Description: This allows you to remote control a Predator missile. After opening the laptop, you have approximately 5 seconds to control the missile to your target, as it goes down. You can also give the missile a boost to make it go down faster.
You are vulnerable while using the Predator missile, but if you get killed, you can still continue to control it.

6 Kills
Precision Airstrike
Description: This is much like the Airstrike from Call of Duty 4, but this time you can control the direction of the Airstrike for more accurate kills.

7 Kills
Harrier Strike
Description: Airstrike with a hovering Harrier. After dropping its bombs, the Harrier will guard the area for a short period of time.

Attack Helicopter
Description: Deploys a helicopter to the battlefield like in Call of Duty 4. It will circle the map and automatically attack the enemies for a few minutes and leave. It can be destroyed with guns and missiles.

8 Kills
Emergency Airdrop
Description: Airdrops 4 random killstreaks or ammo. This is the same as the Care Package, but x4.

9 Kills
Pave Low
Description: This deploys a heavily armored Attack Helicopter (Sikorsky MH-53 Pave Low) to the map for maximum carnage. As with the Attack Helicopter, all the kills are added to your kill count.

Stealth Bomber
Description: Calls in a Stealth Bomber (B-2 Spirit) to carpet bomb the selected area. You can also control the direction, just like with the Precision Airstrike. The airstrike doesn't show on enemy radar.

11 Kills
Chopper Gunner
Description: Be the gunner of an attack helicopter. The chopper will fly around the map and you can remotely control the 25mm gun with your laptop.

AC-130
Description: After the AC-130 Gunship is deployed via laptop, it will enter the map. You control it remotely for 30 seconds and you can use the 25mm, 45mm and 105mm guns to shoot at enemies. You are vulnerable while controlling the AC-130, but if you get killed while using it, you can still continue.

15 Kills
EMP
Description: Electromagnetic pulse or EMP for short. Temporarily disables enemy electronics like the Thermal Scope, Red Dot Sight, etc. The EMP also stops the enemy from using killsreaks and at the same time drops down any helicopters and aircrafts that are in the air. You can use the EMP to stop the Tactical Nuke.

25 Kills
Tactical Nuke
Description: Gives you and your team an instant win. The Tactical Nuke ends the match with a bang by killing everyone on the map. But it can be stopped by the emp ^.

Weapons

Assault rifles
-start-famas
lvl-4-M4A1 carbine
lvl-8-Scar-H
lvl 20-Tar-21
lvl 28-FAL
lvl 40-M16A4
lvl 48-ACR
lvl 60-F2000
lvl 70-AK-74

SMG’s
Start-UMP.45
Lvl-4-MP5-k
Lvl 12-vector
Lvl 24-P90
Lvl 44 –mini uzi

LMG’s
Start-L86 LSW
Lvl 4-RPD
Lvl 16-MG4
Lvl 32-AUG-HBAR
Lvl 52-M240

Sniper rifles
Start-Intervention
Lvl 4-Barret .50 cal
Lvl 36-WA2000
Lvl 56-M21 EBR

Riot Shield
The Riot Shield occupies the primary weapon slot. The player cannot shoot or use another weapon while holding the shield, but can melee with it. The shield can be swapped for the player's secondary weapon at any time, when it is then carried on the player's back and provides a moderate level of protection from behind. When held, the shield protects the player from weapons fire from the front, but will become riddled with bullet impacts and make visibility very difficult. The shields will never break and cannot be shot through by any guns, and protect the player from frontal explosions.

Secondary weapons

Machine pistols
Start - PP-2000
Lv. 22 - Glock 18
Lv. 38 - M93 Raffica
Lv. 58 - TMP

Shotguns
Start - SPAS-12
Lv. 18 - AA-12
Lv. 34 - Striker
Lv. 42 - Ranger
Lv. 54 - M1014
Lv. 67 - Model 1887

Handguns
Start - USP .45
Lv. 26 - .44 Magnum
Lv. 46 - M9
Lv. 62 - Desert Eagle

Launchers
Start - AT4-HS
Lv. 14 - Thumper
Lv. 30 - Stinger
Lv. 50 - Javelin
Lv. 65 - RPG-7

Equipment

Start - Frag Grenade
Start - Semtex
Lv. 7 - Throwing Knife
Lv. 11 - Tactical Insertion
Lv. 19 - Blast Shield
Lv. 31 - Claymores
Lv. 43 - C4

Special Grenades

Flashbang x2
Smoke grenade x1
Stun grenade x2

Attatchments

Red Dot Sight
EOTech Holographic Weapon Sight
ACOG Sight
Thermal Scope
Suppressor
Grenade Launcher
Heartbeat Sensor
Shotgun
Extended Magazine
Full Metal Jacket…deep impact
Akimbo
Rapid Fire
Foregrip
Tactical Knife

Camoflauge
Desert
Woodland
Digital
Blue Tiger
Red Tiger
Arctic
Urban
Fall

Death Streak Perks

New Death Streak Perks are the opposite of Kill Streaks: these give the player certain rewards for being killed a certain amount of times in a row without getting a kill. Once the Death Streak activates, it remains active until the user gets a kill, no matter how many times the user dies until they get that kill. Only one can be equipped to a class. Unlike other Perks, Death Streak Perks do not have Pro versions.
Start - 4 deaths - Copycat: Copy the loadout (Weapons, Perks, and Attachments) of the enemy that killed you last. Lv. 6 - 3 deaths - Painkiller: Double health for ten seconds after respawn.
Lv. 27 - 4 deaths - Martyrdom: Drop a live grenade when killed.
Lv. 39 - 4 deaths - Final Stand: Crawl around on the ground with any weapon before dying; full recovery if no damage is taken for a certain amount of time.

Stole this post from here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...topic=52222683

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'll start.
Ok, I just hit level 25 and so far my favourite class is what David Ellis recommended on the last 4guys1Up podcast, and what he referred to as "God-like":

Assault Riffle
SCAR-H
Great power, accuracy. Also has one of the best iron sights of all the guns, I think. Only hindered by a small magazine.

Perk 1: Bling
allows for 2 attachments on my rifle. I'm going with silencer, and the heartbeat sensor

Perk 2: Cold-Blooded
By far one of the best perks I think there is. Allows for almost total invisibility as it makes you undetectable by UAV, air support, Sentry Guns, and thermal. I love it especially because when someone on the opposing team has their helicopter shooting everyone on my team, I can walk around in the open and not have to worry about it. I'm trying to get Cold-Blooded to level 2, as it removes your enemies' cross hairs and your targeted name...which I think would be a pretty HUGE advantage!

Perk 3 Steady Aim
I haven't reached the level where I can choose Ninja yet, but once I do I'll definitely go with that one. Ninja removes you from enemy heartbeat sensors, and ninja pro makes you silent when walking or running.

Obviously this class is all about being stealthy, and maybe not a favourite with some, but so far I'm really having a lot of fun with it. The number of times I've been able to sneak up on someone is awesome. I went with a stealth class in COD4, but it's extra powerful in MW2. The heartbeat sensor and air-strike/helicopter invisibility is pretty substantial upgrades...as well as the ninja class, like I say.
post #3 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Good thread, thanks.

Just unlocked the bling perk. Being that I have to use the holo sight and the SCAR what do you guys think is a better combo?:

Bling perk w/ holo sight and Full Metal Jacket attachments or
Stopping power pro perk w/ holo sight only?

I'm thinking FMJ doesn't take down enemies faster than stopping power but not sure on that yet.

"You went full ******, man. Never go full ******."
om [NOM] nom
post #4 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 57
You can use bling w/ holo & fmj (perk 1) and stopping power (perk 2) at the same time. FMJ doesn't seem very powerful; I'm almost done using it with m4 and won't use it in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdjenk View Post

Good thread, thanks.

Just unlocked the bling perk. Being that I have to use the holo sight and the SCAR what do you guys think is a better combo?:

Bling perk w/ holo sight and Full Metal Jacket attachments or
Stopping power pro perk w/ holo sight only?

I'm thinking FMJ doesn't take down enemies faster than stopping power but not sure on that yet.

post #5 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdjenk View Post

As far as I understand it, and I could be wrong, stopping power doesn't take down enemies faster. It just allows you to kill enemies through wood or metal objects. FMJ, as well, according to the MW2 website, only makes your weapon even more effective at shooting through stuff. Again, I don't think either actually takes enemies down faster directly.
post #6 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

I mainly use whatever perk/attachments I need to unlock. However, if everything was 100% complete I would use scavenger for perk 1; sleight of hand feels slower this time around, and I only use bling when I need to finish FMJ with a rifle (and need red dot/holo with it). Maybe I'll switch from scavenger to sleight of hand if I unlock the extra magazines for my main weapons.

Perk 2 is interesting as they all have their important uses, but I use stopping power for assault rifles (usually keep some separation from enemies), cold blooded for smg's (I get as close as possible to enemies).

Perk 3 I use commando; steady aim doesn't seem as important in this game, scrambler just lets people know that someone is close to them, ninja only if I need to be invisible.

My invisible class is as follows: silenced mp5; stinger (shooting down aerial attacks is a must); perk 1 - scavenger pro; perk 2 - cold blooded pro; perk 3 - ninja pro; smoke grenade; tactical insertion (objective)/semtex (deathmatch). This class easily captures flags or sways the battle in deathmatch, as people mainly look at their map and heartbeat sensor. If no one seems to be using the heartbeat sensor I use commando pro; this perk is insane, as you can jump from any distance and survive, and you can throw out random slashes and hit your target.

For reference, I play ground war.
post #7 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Stopping Power does increase your damage, Stopping Power Pro increases damage to machines (super important), and FMJ makes shots through walls/items more effective (like Deep Impact from COD4).
post #8 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kess View Post

I'll start.
Ok, I just hit level 25 and so far my favourite class is what David Ellis recommended on the last 4guys1Up podcast, and what he referred to as "God-like":

I think I'm currently at 26 or 27 and I've been running mostly similar to this with the SCAR and M4 as I go for Mastery with these rifles. Silencer and holosight. I usually play in Hardcore.

XBL: GutterSnipeR   PSN: Guttahhh
post #9 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I've almost completed the M4. Just 36 headshots to go to another weapon. As for the perk, I completing everyone of them. My fav so far is bling, sleight of hand, cold blooded and steady aim. Red tiger never looked this good btw.
post #10 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 110
Quote:

I'll start.

Assault Riffle
SCAR-H
Great power, accuracy. Also has one of the best iron sights of all the guns, I think. Only hindered by a small magazine.

Perk 1: Bling
allows for 2 attachments on my rifle. I'm going with silencer, and the heartbeat sensor

Perk 2: Cold-Blooded
By far one of the best perks I think there is. Allows for almost total invisibility as it makes you undetectable by UAV, air support, Sentry Guns, and thermal. I love it especially because when someone on the opposing team has their helicopter shooting everyone on my team, I can walk around in the open and not have to worry about it. I'm trying to get Cold-Blooded to level 2, as it removes your enemies' cross hairs and your targeted name...which I think would be a pretty HUGE advantage!

Perk 3 Steady Aim
I haven't reached the level where I can choose Ninja yet, but once I do I'll definitely go with that one. Ninja removes you from enemy heartbeat sensors, and ninja pro makes you silent when walking or running.

Obviously this class is all about being stealthy, and maybe not a favourite with some, but so far I'm really having a lot of fun with it. The number of times I've been able to sneak up on someone is awesome. I went with a stealth class in COD4, but it's extra powerful in MW2. The heartbeat sensor and air-strike/helicopter invisibility is pretty substantial upgrades...as well as the ninja class, like I say.

that sounds like a pretty killer setup.

Nearfield music: Laptop w/REW & Equalizer APO -> JDS Labs ODAC -> Emotiva Mini-X -> Pioneer SP-BS22-LR & SW8-mk2

H.T.: PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50's - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik Sentinel

My last.fm profile

post #11 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 11:22 AM

My TDM class

Tar21, this gun is like mp5 on steroids, it fires fast and has the range of a rifle, i have bling with silencer and FMJ with stopping power prod and steady pro. It says it is not accurate but this gun is plenty accurate. It has the same damage as the scar but Twice the fire rate, this is my favorite gun. Im HC TDM i do use the scar with cold blooded and Ninja perks with bling with red dot and hearbeat sensor.

You have to use all the weapons in the game and get your "comfort" weapon and class, once you have this, your K/D ratio will get much better. The main difference i see in this game is that their is MUCH more shooting from buildings and you cannot stay in the open very much. So do not stay in the open much, run into buildings and get campers. That is one reason i only run with the silencer. My favorite map so far is probably "Scrap Yard" it is like shipment X 2. My least favorites are the Sub map(not sure of the name) and wasteland.... they are sniper/camper friendly.

PSN:TKDFighter
Member TWW And $BUS clan...
post #12 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
This is my setup for when I want to rack up kills in TDM, Domination, or HQ:

SCAR with Extended Clips
AA-12 Shotgun as secondary
Perk 1: Sleight of Hand Pro
Perk 2: Stopping Power Pro
Perk 3: Steady Aim Pro

Killstreaks: Care Package, Predator, & Harrier

So far, I've found that to be the most dominant combo in the game for me. I used to be a run and gunner in COD4, but completely changed my strategy for this game. I typically run from cover to cover, and with the SCAR, the iron sights are excellent, and you can take down enemies from across the map very successfully. With Steady Aim on it, it's a very accurate hip firing weapon for CQB. The shotgun destroys folks when defending HQ's too.

On the smaller maps, I like to use:

UMP45 with Holo & Silencer
PP2000 with silencer
Bling
Cold Blooded
Ninja

This is my new run and gun setup, so I sometimes switch between Bling and Marathon and remove the holo when I do. I use this setup on Sub Base and some of the smaller urban maps.

I did recently unlock the M16, and that gun is a beast in this game as well. The ACR is the next gun for me to use once I finish up the M16 challenges.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #13 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

You can use bling w/ holo & fmj (perk 1) and stopping power (perk 2) at the same time. FMJ doesn't seem very powerful; I'm almost done using it with m4 and won't use it in the future.

Oops, for some reason i thought bling was a second perk. Thanks for clearing that up.

"You went full ******, man. Never go full ******."
om [NOM] nom
post #14 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

Edit: OP, If you put this info in 1st post for reference, I can delete my post.

Nice list, tfoltz. I've included it in my first post. I was writing up my own list when I saw yours, so thanks for saving me a whole afternoon! You don't realize how many components there are to the multiplayer until you start writing them all out!
post #15 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBailey View Post

My TDM class

Tar21, this gun is like mp5 on steroids, it fires fast and has the range of a rifle, i have bling with silencer and FMJ with stopping power prod and steady pro. It says it is not accurate but this gun is plenty accurate. It has the same damage as the scar but Twice the fire rate, this is my favorite gun. Im HC TDM i do use the scar with cold blooded and Ninja perks with bling with red dot and hearbeat sensor.

You have to use all the weapons in the game and get your "comfort" weapon and class, once you have this, your K/D ratio will get much better. The main difference i see in this game is that their is MUCH more shooting from buildings and you cannot stay in the open very much. So do not stay in the open much, run into buildings and get campers. That is one reason i only run with the silencer. My favorite map so far is probably "Scrap Yard" it is like shipment X 2. My least favorites are the Sub map(not sure of the name) and wasteland.... they are sniper/camper friendly.

I'm just starting out and was using an MP5 when I picked up a Tar21 in a game. Awesome gun with no attachments, should be great when I can get my own and build it up.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #16 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

I am mainly picking up where I left off on COD4, using the M4 and MP5. I am interested in the scar as I unlocked it but havent tried it yet.

Where is my marytdom

xbox live GT: xXmaximus prime
PSN: maximus_rr
I have to go, I have a meeting with the bobs, uhhh I wasnt aware of any meeting......yeah they called me at home
post #17 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

How does the TAR21 compare to the SCAR at medium distance?

Just unlocked the TAR-21, so I'm curious to see if it has the ability to be my 'go-to' gun.

PSN = JUST_KEVIN
post #18 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor_Kevin View Post

How does the TAR21 compare to the SCAR at medium distance?

Just unlocked the TAR-21, so I'm curious to see if it has the ability to be my 'go-to' gun.

Hey kevin i think we played the other night. What i did to compare is go and create a class and flip back and forth between them, like i said it says the accuracy is bad but i have had no problems. I usually only aim 1/2 of the time because i am a steady aim player. It should be no different than the scar for medium distance, in my opinion the scar jumps to much for me and you dont see that in the Tar21, just my opinion. Also i think the silencer makes it more stable, maybe that is it. The one thing i DONT like about this gun is the dot sights, it takes up to much space around the dot for me. I cant wait to get the extended clip for HQ. Let me know what you think.

post #19 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

I found the Tar-21 to be good for short-mid range, with the accuracy taking a nosedive when trying for long range shots. I found the exact opposite of you DBailey, in which I thought the further out someone was, the more the recoil in the TAR affected my shots. I think the recoil is excellent in the SCAR, which is why I love it for long range shots.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #20 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Great thread, very helpful for a fairly low-level player like me. Thanks guys.

Dbailey, what does that mean when you say you're a "steady-aim" player? Is that a technique you use?

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #21 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd View Post

I am mainly picking up where I left off on COD4, using the M4 and MP5. I am interested in the scar as I unlocked it but havent tried it yet.

Where is my marytdom

I used to be a hardcore MP5 user in COD4 but have found the transition to the SCAR in MW2 quite smooth. As for martydom, I just got it, and its nowhere near as good as it was in COD4. You have to die 4 times in a row just to use it. Can't say I'm too upset about this as it got annoying in COD4 with everyone dropping grenades every time they die.
post #22 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

Great thread, very helpful for a fairly low-level player like me. Thanks guys.

Dbailey, what does that mean when you say you're a "steady-aim" player? Is that a technique you use?

He means most of the time he doesn't press L1 to aim before firing.
post #23 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 01:38 PM

Liked: 12
When you guys unlock the Javelin, if you want to really play with it just use the scavenger perk and everytime you walk on a dead body you get another Javelin. I love firing that thing. I got a triple kill yesterday with it...and also a game ending kill-cam using the Javelin. I went 19-0 using nothing but the Javelin and claymores all picked up using the scavenger perk.

My current loadout

Primary: sniper rifle with thermal(and silencer if using Bling)

Secondary: Javelin

Perk 1: Scavenger or Bling Pro or One Man Army

Perk 2: Cold-Blooded Pro

Perk 3: Ninja Pro

Killstreak: UAV, Predator and Harrier

The only perk I switch out is Perk 1...I always use Cold blooded and Ninja on all my classes. Rarely, I will switch to an RPD with stopping power but only when things get really hairy.

Current rank: Brig. General

K/D ratio: 1.90 (which I consider average for this game)
post #24 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 02:58 PM

ballen i just sent you a f request.
woodrow whats ur psn id?
ive got most ppl who have theirs posted up in various threads but dont really see to many of you on...

ps3- pdp7 ### avs folding team- 55280
post #25 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 03:05 PM

PSN ID: OldMuckenMire

^^it's a quote made by Ed Norton on the old Honeymooners TV show
post #26 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 03:18 PM

One tip I forgot to mention is that if you are using scavenger and claymores, you can only set three at a time. When you try and place a fourth claymore one of the previously placed ones will explode.

I can see why they did this though. There have been times where I could have had eight or ten claymores scattered around the map.

The only problem with this is when you set the fourth and one explodes, your teammates think an enemy just tripped one and everyone goes prone.
post #27 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

I found the Tar-21 to be good for short-mid range, with the accuracy taking a nosedive when trying for long range shots. I found the exact opposite of you DBailey, in which I thought the further out someone was, the more the recoil in the TAR affected my shots. I think the recoil is excellent in the SCAR, which is why I love it for long range shots.

I agree that the scar is a better long range gun that is why i use it for hardcore matches! But for short to medium i would chose the tar21, it does depend on the game and your personal style.

post #28 of 2153 Old 11-17-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicecom View Post

He means most of the time he doesn't press L1 to aim before firing.

Bingo, i shoot from the hip most of the time. Yes i am run and gunner on most maps. on larger maps that is a bad move. Then i am what call mini camper, meaning run to cover look around for others and them move on to another spot. this is much better strategy than just camping or all run and gun, especially for hard core.

post #29 of 2153 Old 11-18-2009, 06:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Tried out the TAR-21 last night, as has been suggested in here, and WOW it's quickly become my favourite gun. It's a bit of a beast, and way more effective for me than the SCAR-H. I managed to pull off a number of long-range kills, but I think it is best suited for medium to close-quarter distances. I do find that most of the maps are mainly medium kill set-ups anyway, though. In fact, I'm finding the maps to be very challenging, in that respect. There's just soooo many places to be careful of, so many windows, balconies, corners, staircases that you get shot at from...It's like the old Chinatown map on almost every game. And they're all so big, or at least they all seem bug to me right now. It's very difficult to resist the urdge to just go out and run-and-gun. I was pretty effective at that in COD4, but I get completely demolished anytime I just go out and run. MW2 requires a lot more strategy, I'm finding.

Speaking of strategy, anyone have any tips on getting the Cold-Blooded Pro perk? You have to destroy 40 enemy kill-streak rewards, and I'm having a heck of a time with it. My AT4-HS rocket launcher never gets the helicopter in 1 shot, so all I've been able to do so far is knife the turrets. (Which is going to take me forever at the pace I'm going.)
post #30 of 2153 Old 11-18-2009, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Speaking of strategy, anyone have any tips on getting the Cold-Blooded Pro perk? You have to destroy 40 enemy kill-streak rewards, and I'm having a heck of a time with it. My AT4-HS rocket launcher never gets the helicopter in 1 shot, so all I've been able to do so far is knife the turrets. (Which is going to take me forever at the pace I'm going.)

Shoot down the UAV's. They're easy to take down, especially with FMJ equipped.

I'm going to have to give the TAR another go. I used it for a bit on Highrise last night (picked up from a dead enemy), and was pretty successful with it.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page