God of War III reviews and impressions - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 347 Old 03-17-2010, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 110
So i love this series, I played 1/2...awesome. Even got the psp one. Sick looking game.Certainly having control issues with buttons not responding on DS (80gig ps3).

But, for some reason, not in "love" with it yet. 3-4 hours in. Uncharted 2 still grabbed my attention more and I could not put uc2 down.

update: controller situation is really bad. six axis or DS. Right now I'm at the 3 judges/gods part, I can not even do a simple double jump. Rebooting machine to see if it makes a difference. Makes me wonder if I'm having issues with fighting as well.

FYI, I was one of many with the odd KZ2 delay too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 347 Old 03-17-2010, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I too am having the controller issues...

Aside from that, the game is an absolute blast!!

Live- xGUMBIx
PSN- xGUMBIx
post #183 of 347 Old 03-17-2010, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 307
If you are able to plug in your controller the issues will go away. It only happens when its wireless. I hope this gets fixed as playing wired sucks.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #184 of 347 Old 03-17-2010, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I don't know what I was thinking when I picked this up on the way home from work. still powering through 2 on the collection (about half way and pretty awesome) and then I'll start it up, the sealed box is taunting me.

xbox live/PSN: Chad473
post #185 of 347 Old 03-17-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post

So i love this series, I played 1/2...awesome. Even got the psp one. Sick looking game.Certainly having control issues with buttons not responding on DS (80gig ps3).

But, for some reason, not in "love" with it yet. 3-4 hours in. Uncharted 2 still grabbed my attention more and I could not put uc2 down.

update: controller situation is really bad. six axis or DS. Right now I'm at the 3 judges/gods part, I can not even do a simple double jump. Rebooting machine to see if it makes a difference. Makes me wonder if I'm having issues with fighting as well.

FYI, I was one of many with the odd KZ2 delay too.

what kind of tv are you using. what are the settings. sounds like bad input lag. for me both lbp and kz2 were unplayable on my sony xbr till i turned off all post processing features on the tv and used game mode.does your tv has a pc/vga input. that is the best way to go, no lag.

-------------------------
psn: acelightning15
just call me ace
post #186 of 347 Old 03-18-2010, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad473 View Post

I don't know what I was thinking when I picked this up on the way home from work. still powering through 2 on the collection (about half way and pretty awesome) and then I'll start it up, the sealed box is taunting me.

Finish 2! I just finished it last night - I had my sealed copy on my coffee table since Tuesday morning. 2 took me almost 15 hours - thought it was only going to take me 10, but it was well worth it.

Tell you what, nothing beats firing up 3 after you've just completed 2. My jaw dropped. The visual and audio difference is amazing.

I only played 3 for about 30 minutes last night, but I already want to play through that first 30 minutes again.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
post #187 of 347 Old 03-18-2010, 09:26 AM

anyone started a new game + yet? I just finished the game last night and didn't see an option for a new game +. I have heard that there isn't one but those godly relic things you find throughout the game seem to suggest otherwise....anyone know how a new game + type playmode is available? do i just start a new game and boom i can use those goldy relic thingys?

PSN: thedrizzle85
daaamn that was HELLA sick!
post #188 of 347 Old 03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad473 View Post

Don't look back! I was only about 3 hours into GoW2 and gave up, so I watched the GT recap and started 3.

Now playing: Watch Dogs

Recently Finished: Southpark: Stick of Truth, Infamous: SS

PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33

post #189 of 347 Old 03-18-2010, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 85
I was wondering about the control issues some are having. I have been playing wireless and have had no problems. The only issue is the detection for crates and switches can be picky about where you're standing when you try to use them. If anything it's exactly the same as in the first two games. I imagine that they don't want R1 popping up when you're in a fight near a switch or chest.

I haven't had any of the controller drops that some are complaining of.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #190 of 347 Old 03-18-2010, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Anyone get the Ultimate Edition? Please give us your impressions. Mine is due today via Fedex. I originally planned on selling it but that box looks pretty sweet and I just may keep it. Especially now that Amazon's stock just got replenished (was sold out everywhere at one point).
post #191 of 347 Old 03-18-2010, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cysquatch View Post

Anyone get the Ultimate Edition? Please give us your impressions. Mine is due today via Fedex. I originally planned on selling it but that box looks pretty sweet and I just may keep it. Especially now that Amazon's stock just got replenished (was sold out everywhere at one point).

Amazon is still out, current price there is $162.99 through other sellers. Started the day at $130.

Mine should arrive some time this week, but I didn't mean to keep the order. I may sell it or keep it, depends on if it gets truly ridiculous. I'm not opening it until I finish FFXIII anyway.

Chris Schempp
How to post links to Amazon.com Products.
PSN - Mandos_eD
post #192 of 347 Old 03-18-2010, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Never played 1 or 2, but bought 3, it's awesome so far! What an action packed opening scene!
post #193 of 347 Old 03-18-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post

I was wondering about the control issues some are having. I have been playing wireless and have had no problems. The only issue is the detection for crates and switches can be picky about where you're standing when you try to use them. If anything it's exactly the same as in the first two games. I imagine that they don't want R1 popping up when you're in a fight near a switch or chest.

I haven't had any of the controller drops that some are complaining of.

If I don't have my controller plugged in, the game is pretty much unplayable for me. R1 barely works and I have trouble with double jumps and gliding. As was pointed out earlier in the thread, plugging in the controller alleviates these problems. Too bad I only have a 3ft cable lol.

Jeff

Live- xGUMBIx
PSN- xGUMBIx
post #194 of 347 Old 03-18-2010, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Controllers should function the same wireless or plugged in, I think this is a placebo effect.

post #195 of 347 Old 03-18-2010, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Schempp View Post

Amazon is still out, current price there is $162.99 through other sellers. Started the day at $130.

Mine should arrive some time this week, but I didn't mean to keep the order. I may sell it or keep it, depends on if it gets truly ridiculous. I'm not opening it until I finish FFXIII anyway.

My son is actually playing the game (gamefly delivered it on Wednesday). I could just pay 44bones and keep it rather than open up this Ultimate Edition. I can just see the "carved replica of Pandora's Box" gather dust next to the GTAIV lock box.

Anyone know what material the box is made of?
post #196 of 347 Old 03-18-2010, 01:29 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

Controllers should function the same wireless or plugged in, I think this is a placebo effect.

This, no problems on original 60gb with dual shock 3.

I'm no videophile, but I know what looks good to me.
post #197 of 347 Old 03-18-2010, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cysquatch View Post

My son is actually playing the game (gamefly delivered it on Wednesday). I could just pay 44bones and keep it rather than open up this Ultimate Edition. I can just see the "carved replica of Pandora's Box" gather dust next to the GTAIV lock box.

Anyone know what material the box is made of?

Apparently plastic

Chris Schempp
How to post links to Amazon.com Products.
PSN - Mandos_eD
post #198 of 347 Old 03-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedrizzle85 View Post

anyone started a new game + yet? I just finished the game last night and didn't see an option for a new game +. I have heard that there isn't one but those godly relic things you find throughout the game seem to suggest otherwise....anyone know how a new game + type playmode is available? do i just start a new game and boom i can use those goldy relic thingys?

There is no new game+, but you get to carry over the relics and you also get costumes that can give bonuses. But beware, using any of these will disable trophies.

The reason for no NG+ is simple... it would break the game. If you had some of the items early on you could complete the game VERY quickly.
post #199 of 347 Old 03-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Should? Yes. Do? Not necessarily. I believe the data is sent over the USB connection when you're plugged in, but over Bluetooth when you're not. Different communication mechanisms could lead to different behavior under certain circumstances.

Wasn't there a bug in the 3.1 firmware related to Bluetooth communication that was fixed in the optional 3.15 revision?

- Jer
post #200 of 347 Old 03-18-2010, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaines View Post

Should? Yes. Do? Not necessarily. I believe the data is sent over the USB connection when you're plugged in, but over Bluetooth when you're not. Different communication mechanisms could lead to different behavior under certain circumstances.

Wasn't there a bug in the 3.1 firmware related to Bluetooth communication that was fixed in the optional 3.15 revision?

- Jer

So create a simple test. Either play a game or mp3 or something where the "x" button does something obvious. Press it 100 times, with and without the controller. Don't play a game, just stand in one spot and hit the x button and watch the results. I suspect either your controller is broken or more likely you are having confirmation bias.

post #201 of 347 Old 03-18-2010, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
This game is making me SO ANGRY! Double jumping is so broken! Sometimes the Icarus Wings deploy and other times I just plummet to my death, like the game stopped registering my X button press. It's definitely a bug, since I spent around 20 minutes just testing it, using the exact same timing each time.

I'm not playing this game till it's fixed.
post #202 of 347 Old 03-18-2010, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post

This game is making me SO ANGRY! Double jumping is so broken! Sometimes the Icarus Wings deploy and other times I just plummet to my death, like the game stopped registering my X button press. It's definitely a bug, since I spent around 20 minutes just testing it, using the exact same timing each time.

I'm not playing this game till it's fixed.

did the same last night,game is almost unplayable at times

Gaming on Plasma btw....it's not tv lag. It's like the button "lets go" even when pressed. it's not a delay thing, the button just doesn't work....r1 or jump and god knows what else I can't detect.Doors, pushing/pulling things, jumping....frustrating.

Again, I have dual shock / six axis, both do it. Can not test plugged in. It's the only game doing this sort of thing too.
post #203 of 347 Old 03-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

So create a simple test. Either play a game or mp3 or something where the "x" button does something obvious. Press it 100 times, with and without the controller. Don't play a game, just stand in one spot and hit the x button and watch the results. I suspect either your controller is broken or more likely you are having confirmation bias.

I haven't had any control problems yet, but I almost always play wired. And I'm not making claims about the source of the problem, I'm just throwing ideas out there. Though I do reject the notion that different behavior over completely different communication channels is somehow less likely than anything else -- and your test wouldn't exactly be comprehensive, as the problem could be related to factors in the game's environment that wouldn't be present in the XMB.

- Jer
post #204 of 347 Old 03-18-2010, 07:56 PM

finished the game, i did have some double jump hiccups but it seemed to me its the way that jump works. i.e. you have a window where you need to need to press the 2nd x after jumping, after that it's too late.

The R1 prompt not showing up that some people mentioned, I think this was done by design. Basically, I think there's a delay regarding how long you need to stand at a save point/chest before it shows up instead of you not standing at the right spot. I noticed with some of the save points I'd need to stand there for a few seconds before the prompt showed up. It almost seems like it needs to load first.
post #205 of 347 Old 03-19-2010, 12:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post

did the same last night,game is almost unplayable at times

Gaming on Plasma btw....it's not tv lag. It's like the button "lets go" even when pressed. it's not a delay thing, the button just doesn't work....r1 or jump and god knows what else I can't detect.Doors, pushing/pulling things, jumping....frustrating.

Again, I have dual shock / six axis, both do it. Can not test plugged in. It's the only game doing this sort of thing too.

Yep it's definitely the game. I've held the button down HARD and the wings deploy, and then wham they're gone - and I plummet to my death.

Game is going back on my shelf and will be traded in soon enough, that's for sure, if this isn't addressed. Just...ugh....ridiculous!
post #206 of 347 Old 03-19-2010, 06:19 AM

Quote:

Yep it's definitely the game. I've held the button down HARD and the wings deploy, and then wham they're gone - and I plummet to my death.

Game is going back on my shelf and will be traded in soon enough, that's for sure, if this isn't addressed. Just...ugh....ridiculous!

Come on guys, it's not really that bad. This is a great game and the jumping thing is just a minor annoyance at times.

Come join our adult gaming community at www.syndicatedgaming.net

XBL and Steam: diehardcubfn
post #207 of 347 Old 03-19-2010, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I finished it last night and I never had one problem with the jumping. I have an old 60GB system and used a Dualshock 3 the whole game.

PSN: DaveS78
post #208 of 347 Old 03-19-2010, 06:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

Your loss. This is an amazing game

The Weekend Warriors
post #209 of 347 Old 03-19-2010, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crippldogg View Post

Your loss. This is an amazing game

No kidding. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face...

PSN/XBL: bassmonkeee
Wii number: Who cares?
post #210 of 347 Old 03-19-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:

I know it seems unlikely, but I noticed an immediate change in the behavior of the double jump and glide when plugged in. Wasn't able to test it out on the R1 though, I had to leave. The controller is fine as this doesn't happen with any other game.

Live- xGUMBIx
PSN- xGUMBIx
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page