post #181 of 1141 Old 08-06-2010, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Sony is really looking to push Move in the coming weeks:
Quote:

Don't worry about walking into your local Best Buy this fall and not being able to figure out how to use the PlayStation Move game kiosk -- Sony is hiring and training representatives for a nationwide in-store retail campaign.

Sources that wish to remain anonymous have passed along details of employment opportunities for representatives to assist in what is referred to as "the second largest product launch in PlayStations' history." The demo program will have trainees working kiosks in retailers like Best Buy and Walmart, assisting potential customers with the usage of Move, showing off features, and answering questions about the product which ships on September 19. The demos -- scheduled for peak retail traffic hours -- are said to start on September 11 and last through 2011, ending in late January.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 1141 Old 08-07-2010, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Epic Mickey might later be brought to the PS3 because of Move:

Quote:

Warren Spector – lead designer on Wii exclusive Epic Mickey – has said that the advent of motion controls on PS3 and Xbox 360 means that there isn’t any technical reason why the game couldn’t make the jump at a later date. Speaking to Atomic Gamer, he had the following to say;

“Before Move and Kinect I probably would have said no, because the game is built around gesturing. Now, however, there’s no reason technologically why we couldn’t.

That decision is really above my pay grade, and no one’s asked me for a port. I’ve been a Nintendo fan a long time, and I’ve been pretty open about the fact that the Zelda games are some of my favourite of all time. So we’re a Wii exclusive and I’m happy about that.”

As it stands, Epic Mickey is looking like a real sleeper hit and I hope it does well when released on the Wii. To see it move over to the HD consoles with a bit of added shine would make my year. Anybody up for petitioning Sony and Microsoft to bug Disney for a port of the game? No? Just me then…

post #183 of 1141 Old 08-07-2010, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Works with the Playstation Eye? Does anyone else see the problem?
What good is the controller being wireless with BT when the camera has a 6 ft cord?
I hope the use of the camera is optional otherwise it wont work for PJ owners like myself.
And no, the camera does not work with anything beyond a 6FT extension.
post #184 of 1141 Old 08-07-2010, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

The Move is wireless so your movement isn't restricted as you play. The PSEye isn't being held, so there is no conflict with motion controlling the games.

Only a few players with your unique problem will have an issue, and unfortunately there may be no easy way to resolve it if what you say about the extension limitations is true (I haven't read anything on that).

post #185 of 1141 Old 08-07-2010, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyHTPC View Post

What good is the controller being wireless with BT when the camera has a 6 ft cord?
I hope the use of the camera is optional otherwise it wont work for PJ owners like myself.

AFAIK this is an issue for all three consoles' motion control setups. I don't think your particular situation is common enough for it to matter much (yet) to any of these console manufacturers. Also, lag and cost are already big issues for all three manufacturers, so it'll be a while before we see wireless sensors/cameras. Maybe next gen. Maybe even later.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #186 of 1141 Old 08-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:

You can just run a really long HDMI cable to the PS3, and put the PS3 up near the front of the room where the camera would need to be. Problem solved.

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
post #187 of 1141 Old 08-08-2010, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

AFAIK this is an issue for all three consoles' motion control setups. I don't think your particular situation is common enough for it to matter much (yet) to any of these console manufacturers. Also, lag and cost are already big issues for all three manufacturers, so it'll be a while before we see wireless sensors/cameras. Maybe next gen. Maybe even later.

FWIW the Wii is exceptionally easy to make the bar wireless, all it needs is power for a couple of LEDs, for which there are 3rd part replacement battery powered options.

International HDDVD Screenshot Archive (Full 1080p Images): www.hdmovies.co.nz
post #188 of 1141 Old 08-09-2010, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

I am not sure what type of cable you are using, but I have a 12 foot extension on my Ps3 camera with no problems.

The only real problem I have with my pj setup is that the room is really dark, so the camera doesn't work as well.

Thanks and have a good day!

Brian Garner
-----------
XBox Gametag: IceSavior
PS3 Tag: IceSavior
- feel free to add me to your friends list
post #189 of 1141 Old 08-09-2010, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

For PSEye only titles, darkness can be an issue, but that won't be the case with any of the Move games since the reason it glows is so that it can be played in pitch black dark if it needs to.

post #190 of 1141 Old 08-09-2010, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Joe, the only thing that concerns me is that I have seen demos that show some games will do head tracking. I can see this being an issue based on my experience.
post #191 of 1141 Old 08-09-2010, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Well, that's one of many tests that have to be checked out. Keep this in mind though - in theory head tracking in complete darkness by the PSEye with the Move in hand should be better than how it works right now without it since the Move is glowing right in front of you.

post #192 of 1141 Old 08-09-2010, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Or you just won't get head tracking in a dark room, which isn't the end of the world.

International HDDVD Screenshot Archive (Full 1080p Images): www.hdmovies.co.nz
post #193 of 1141 Old 08-09-2010, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

A Move controlled Ape Escape title is coming, though currently its only for Japan. Here's a pic:

post #194 of 1141 Old 08-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

A Move controlled Ape Escape title is coming, though currently its only for Japan. Here's a pic:

It looks like he just had a banana shoved up his butt. Can the PSEye still see the Move controller now?

post #195 of 1141 Old 08-10-2010, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Konami is releasing a PS3 version of DanceDanceRevolution and it'll have Move support:

Quote:
"For the first time in the history of the franchise, DanceDanceRevolution PS3 will feature a truly interactive dance experience via PlayStation Move as it challenges players to use both their hands and feet simultaneously - providing the most rhythmic and realistic dancing experience yet on PlayStation 3!" reads an excitable press release.

"Additionally, compatibility with the PlayStation EYE allows players to take pictures of their room and add dance club components to transport their home into a virtual club." Banging.

post #196 of 1141 Old 08-12-2010, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

The Move is wireless so your movement isn't restricted as you play. The PSEye isn't being held, so there is no conflict with motion controlling the games.

Only a few players with your unique problem will have an issue, and unfortunately there may be no easy way to resolve it if what you say about the extension limitations is true (I haven't read anything on that).

I'm not talking about the eye being held or not. I have one. I disagree with few players with my unique problem.
post #197 of 1141 Old 08-12-2010, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarner View Post

I am not sure what type of cable you are using, but I have a 12 foot extension on my Ps3 camera with no problems.

The only real problem I have with my pj setup is that the room is really dark, so the camera doesn't work as well.

I've tried from plain no power USB to Belkin's powered and in between. I highly doubt its the cable since it worked on the PC. But anything longer than 6ft didn't work. I have the original 60GB version of the PS3 if that makes any difference.
post #198 of 1141 Old 08-12-2010, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooki View Post

Or you just won't get head tracking in a dark room, which isn't the end of the world.

If this is all the Eye is providing, then thats fine. Like I said, Im wondering if its optional.
post #199 of 1141 Old 08-12-2010, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounta1n View Post

You can just run a really long HDMI cable to the PS3, and put the PS3 up near the front of the room where the camera would need to be. Problem solved.

No it wouldnt be. Thanks for the suggestion.
post #200 of 1141 Old 08-12-2010, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

What? the Wii works fine because it doesnt need anything attached.
post #201 of 1141 Old 08-12-2010, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

If this is all the Eye is providing, then thats fine. Like I said, Im wondering if its optional.

The eye tracks the glowing balls on the Move controllers, that's how the whole thing works. It's an integral, required part of the system.

post #202 of 1141 Old 08-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'm not talking about the eye being held or not. I have one. I disagree with few players with my unique problem.

Depends on your definition of few, but surely less than 0.5%

post #203 of 1141 Old 08-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

I've tried from plain no power USB to Belkin's powered and in between. I highly doubt its the cable since it worked on the PC. But anything longer than 6ft didn't work. I have the original 60GB version of the PS3 if that makes any difference.

Just broke out the tape measure, and the cable I use is actually 15 feet connected to the PS3 and PS Eye. Also, I use to have it connected to the 60 gig Original PS3, but since that died, I now have it connected to the Slim.

Not sure why you are having problems, but we use it quite a lot, especially when we use to use SingStar.

Got my Cable from Cable to Go if that helps.

Brian

Thanks and have a good day!

Brian Garner
-----------
XBox Gametag: IceSavior
PS3 Tag: IceSavior
- feel free to add me to your friends list
post #204 of 1141 Old 08-13-2010, 06:38 AM

Quote:

how about wireless USB? pretty pricey, though. (and does that stuff actually work?)
post #205 of 1141 Old 08-13-2010, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarner View Post

Just broke out the tape measure, and the cable I use is actually 15 feet connected to the PS3 and PS Eye. Also, I use to have it connected to the 60 gig Original PS3, but since that died, I now have it connected to the Slim.

Not sure why you are having problems, but we use it quite a lot, especially when we use to use SingStar.

Got my Cable from Cable to Go if that helps.

Brian

Thanks Brian. Looks like I may need to try again later..
post #206 of 1141 Old 08-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
My buddies "Block Party" package convinced me this is going to Fail. Only little kids would be interested and most of them already have a Wii. Those were my thoughts going into it, so nothing changed.

I will say that table tennis was pretty cool. It calibrated 3 positions of you holding the paddle before you play. The spin i was attempting to put on the ball was spot on. Tiger Woods golf was another one that had potential, but it was the same experience as it was on Wii. (other than better graphics) The other demos were horrible. (about 10 of them)

Gamertag: Fargus
Playstation ID: Fargus79
post #207 of 1141 Old 08-13-2010, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus777 View Post

My buddies "Block Party" package convinced me this is going to Fail. Only little kids would be interested and most of them already have a Wii.

Every year we get a new batch of "little kids". The ones that exist now won't be little kids later. I used to own a roller rink, and people asked me all the time how we stayed open when only junior high kids go. They would say "Don't they grow out of it?". Sure, but strangely enough, every year we get a new batch of junior high kids. DOH!

So maybe this year's little kids already have a Wii (mine doesn't), but who's to say what the new little kids will be getting next year?
post #208 of 1141 Old 08-13-2010, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

SpeedHTPC, you need something called an USB active repeater as a powered hub only works across the distance of the hub's built in cable.

http://www.smartvm.com/usb-2.0-activ...der-p43043.htm

Either that or a USB 2 to network cable extender.

Please remember to make sure they actually support USB 2 as alot of them only support USB 1 still
post #209 of 1141 Old 08-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTJ View Post

Every year we get a new batch of "little kids". The ones that exist now won't be little kids later. I used to own a roller rink, and people asked me all the time how we stayed open when only junior high kids go. They would say "Don't they grow out of it?". Sure, but strangely enough, every year we get a new batch of junior high kids. DOH!

So maybe this year's little kids already have a Wii (mine doesn't), but who's to say what the new little kids will be getting next year?

I would say next years little kids will still be getting a wii. Considering the cost of entry is smaller for the console and most parents would pick a Wii over a PS3 for their "little kid." But this is naturally all my opinion...

Gamertag: Fargus
Playstation ID: Fargus79
post #210 of 1141 Old 08-13-2010, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargus777 View Post

I would say next years little kids will still be getting a wii. Considering the cost of entry is smaller for the console and most parents would pick a Wii over a PS3 for their "little kid." But this is naturally all my opinion...

This is the big risk that both MS and Sony are running right now. I'm still not sure what audience they're going for. Wii owners aren't the folks looking to buy a second console, and the price of entry is way too high for kids and casuals.

My guess is they're looking to sell a reasonable amount to current console owners to be moderately profitable, but they're probably focused more on getting it right for next generation (when motion control will be integrated from the get-go). It's basically the same strategy MS had with introducing XBL on the original Xbox.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page