post #91 of 184 Old 03-18-2011, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post
i only own about 30 of them. but after reading this post, it's now clear to me that i should buy them all because every ps3 game is perfect.
My apologies. It was early, pre-coffee, and I got you confused with DarkLordJames.

PSN/XBL: bassmonkeee
Wii number: Who cares?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 184 Old 03-18-2011, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 207
MS:A's release date has been put on hold indefinitely worldwide due to the events in Japan.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #93 of 184 Old 03-18-2011, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Stupid. The Earth moves, get over it people.

Now playing: Destiny, Madden, Diablo 3, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Infamous: First Light, Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #94 of 184 Old 03-18-2011, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:

While the game has been indefinitely delayed, it will eventually see a release in the US, UK and Japan, once the timing is deemed more suitable.

Seems very appropriate, glad they are not canceling it.
post #95 of 184 Old 03-18-2011, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

How is it appropriate? Delay a racing game in the US because an Earthquake killed some people across the world? I think they should delay all shooters with the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan going on, be sensitive people!.

In 2004 a Tsunami killed over 200,000 people, what games were delayed or canceled?

post #96 of 184 Old 03-18-2011, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
some more updates,

the AI problems that were in part 2 are also in part 3.

i finnished now rookie and Pro on first place.

however playing veteran it does not matter if your driving good yes or no. i managed to get a second place at a time of 4.31 then on some try later i managed to get first place i first place with a time of 4.43.

so if you crash in round 1 or 2 it does not matter. as long as your around place 10 going into last round you can still get to place number 1.

so basicly it now depends on luck if you make the first place or not. because every race is now close to 1 second where you will be first or second.

so be prepared for lots of frustration.

today also multiplayer didnt went smooth at all. many times game froze middle in game. no connection to game servers.

feels more like playing a beta then a full game to be honest. that said if it all works. it is awesome.s pecially multiplayer. however this crappy AI needs to go.
post #97 of 184 Old 03-18-2011, 10:52 PM
AVS Special Member

The Asian version has already been released and is freely available on import websites. Can't see the logic in releasing it in the closest territory to Japan while delaying in most of the other faraway regions of the world. It still seems it's being sold in Germany, Italy, France and most of mainland Europe as well.

Consistency, would have made the delay more understandable.

You know "that look" women get when they want sex? Me neither. - Steve Martin
post #98 of 184 Old 03-18-2011, 11:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Wow....

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion I guess, but that is simply crazy talk from my standpoint. I bought a PS3 the day it launched, and there really wasn't any good games available at launch (Resistance was pretty good, but you know what I'm sayin...)

The first Motorstorm was available in Japan in December 2006, so I paid the extra cash to get a copy shipped to me, and I was able to play the Japanese version of Motorstorm for like 4 or 5 months before the US version came out. That game basically lived in my PS3. I never took the thing out, because I was just totally addicted to it. The graphics were absolutely amazing (remember, we're talking late 2006, very early 2007 here), the sound was amazing, and the playability was amazing. What more could I have asked for?

When Pacific Rift came out, I didn't immediately run out and buy it, because I was still playing thru the first game, and wanted to completely finish the first game before getting Rift. Well, ultimately, I never did end up getting Rift, but when I bought a 3DTV, I did end up getting the 3D Rift that was available on PSN. Again, another amazing game imo.

Apocalypse does have some things about it that concern me. I don't like the fact that you seem to just bounce off walls and things, and it doesn't seem like you crash like you do in the first two games. Sure, I know the way that you crashed in the first two games was probably very frustrating to people who couldn't get used to that style, but I eventually got used to it, and knew how the game did it's thing. Now, it seems that they are trying to cater more to the casual crowd, so you don't seem to crash as much as you used to, which is good in a way (I guess), but I don't know... It seems like it has lost that true Motorstorm feel, and it seems like it's almost a different game now.

Still, the 3D looks very good, and it's likely to be a showcase among 3D games on the PS3, so I'll probably pick it up when I can find it on sale somewhere. I doubt I'll run out and buy it on day 1, but I'm still looking forward to it. Meanwhile, I'll continue to play 3D Rift.

i don't like the physics at all. it really feels like a game meant to be played with the d-pad and face buttons, as was the case with ps1.

500 gigs FTW.
post #99 of 184 Old 03-19-2011, 01:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post

Seems very appropriate, glad they are not canceling it.

Exactly. Dealing with a few childish and impatient gamers is a small price to pay. Sony is simply showing a small bit of respect for a massive crisis that is still happening. It's only a game, people. Be glad you have the luxury of waiting for such a trivial thing.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #100 of 184 Old 03-19-2011, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

I guess I have perspective and don't subscribe to the 24 hour news cycle inflation. We are at like 7,000 dead from a population of over 120,000,000. Most deaths due to living in poor structures near the sea. No cities have crumbled, Tokyo is still standing. Japan is one of the richest countries in the world, compare that to Haiti.

6,000+ people die a day from Aids in Africa. Each day.

So on the scale of human death and discomfort, Japan is doing much better than many nations even during a temporary crisis.

So again, WTF does MS:A in the US have to do with a Tsunami in Japan? Delay it in Japan if they really need that empty gesture, but why elsewhere?

My heart doesn't bleed for Japan the same way no one outside of the US (and some inside) gave a crap about Katrina. Rich country undergoes minor crisis that was completely predictable.

post #101 of 184 Old 03-19-2011, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I see what you're saying since if it were to come out for sale next month as originally scheduled, I'd have no issues buying it.

But think of it this way. For Sony it would be inappropriate to broadly advertise an earthquake city racing game so soon after a killer city earthquake. It just doesn't work. And if you are going to release a game, it needs an adequate amount of promotion or all the money and time put in development gets wasted.

I agree with Abaddon; at least it's not canceled like Disaster Report 4 was.

post #102 of 184 Old 03-19-2011, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

No cities have crumbled, Tokyo is still standing. Japan is one of the richest countries in the world, compare that to Haiti.

I'm not sure what your point is, but it can't be a good one. A (likely mediocre) videogame is being delayed. That's it.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #103 of 184 Old 03-19-2011, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

No matter if the game was delayed or not, it was still a horrible event that happened in Japan, while I am all for helping americans before other countries I feel bad for what the japenese people are going through right now.

I'll buy the game when it comes out...

xbox live GT: xXmaximus prime
PSN: maximus_rr
I have to go, I have a meeting with the bobs, uhhh I wasnt aware of any meeting......yeah they called me at home
post #104 of 184 Old 03-22-2011, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

The game now has a new release date in the UK: March 31. I expect an announcement for the U.S. in the near future as well.

post #105 of 184 Old 03-22-2011, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Amazon never changed the June 12th date.

post #106 of 184 Old 03-22-2011, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

The original U.S. release date was April 12th.

post #107 of 184 Old 03-23-2011, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Wow, I just read something that I didn't know before and frankly has me a little annoyed.

Apparently the only way to unlock things in this game is to play online. Now, I don't know if that means just signed in or you have to play against human opponents. If it's the former, then that's okay, but as one who still has no desire to play with children who drop out of games and hurl immature insults, I will be quite pissed if they are forcing us to deal with that nonsense just to unlock parts of the game.
post #108 of 184 Old 03-23-2011, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't think the game is "locked", it might be the collectables. I'm not sure what the big deal is, if they want to give online players rewards like new decals or something so be it, you can get plenty of that stuff offline too.

post #109 of 184 Old 03-23-2011, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

If it is a few cosmetic items (like skins), then I'm fine with it. However if it really is everything including game play stuff, it will be very lame.

post #110 of 184 Old 03-28-2011, 07:21 AM

Liked: 12
My copy arrived on Friday and WOW!

I thought the demo was mediocre--but the full game is polished and arguably the masterpiece of the MS franchise.

I can't believe how good this game is after being disappointed by MSPR. Great side by side racing, the physics are spot on, and the tracks are pure eye candy. Hell, even the ATV's are a blast to drive in this game.

Hats off to Evo for making one h#ll of a racer.

p.s. Don't judge this game on the demo. The demo is CRAP. Why they selected the least impressive track on the game, with unpolished physics is beyond me.
post #111 of 184 Old 03-28-2011, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

I ordered the Asian version, like I mentioned before, and it arrived a few days ago. Like, the previous poster mentioned, I'm thrilled with the game. Very fun to play and aside from maybe Split/Second there really isn't any racing game out there with the destruction aspect and it great to see all that goes on in one level

The main item that you need to unlock online is the additional car types for each class. You start with one car type per class and by leveling up online kinda of like a typical FPS online setup you upgrade ranks and then once you meet the criteria you get additional vehicles for each class. One example might be race the Big Rig online and Wreck x number of cars or beat x number of opponents which go towards parts challenges. You look in parts challenges to see how close you are to unlocking whichever vehicle you may want.

Hardcore Events in the Special Events section are unlocked offline (1st place finish in Festivals). Motion Comics, unlock offline (just completing races in the Festivals).

You know "that look" women get when they want sex? Me neither. - Steve Martin
post #112 of 184 Old 03-28-2011, 11:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 170
It's been a few years since I ran out and bought a game for full price, but this game is actually tempting me. Part of the reason is that Motorstrom in 3D is just like butter on toast. They were meant to be together. I normally try to wait for things to hit the bargain bins, or buy used on Craigslist, but this is a game that I might find myself unable to wait around for. Hmmm.
post #113 of 184 Old 04-01-2011, 07:24 AM

A few more things about the game.....

There are 33 tracks this time around. Yes 33!

You can turn 'destruction off' when you play on line.

On line is either open (i.e. you play in a ranked room setting), or private (you invite friends to play in a private room). You can rank up in both modes.

Ranking up feels a lot like playing COD and achieving XP & Perks. You can bet on yourself to win, or on another person that you can establish as your 'rival' Betting is a good way to rank up quickly. You unlock mods and customizations to your cars as you go along.

When you play on line you can use 3 perks. Things like improved grip, 1/2 the time to re-spawn after a crash, gain boost quicker, etc.....

You are rewarded for wrecking opponents (BIG POINTS), so if you're after clean racing, go with Private Matches.

The vehicles are a lot more durable. You can beat, bang, rub, and not worry about wrecking (something I hated about Pacific Rift).

The physics feel just right to me (and improved over the demo). In fact it feels a lot more like racing in the valley during the days of Motorstorm 1.

Each class has 3 vehicles (2 are locked). The starter vehicles are GREAT, and not crap like in previous Motorstorm games.

I'm really enjoying the game.

Yes, Apocalypse has components of Split Second, Blur, and Need for Speed, but it doesn't feel like a rip off.
It's the most addicting racer I've played since the original Motorstorm.
post #114 of 184 Old 04-01-2011, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Nice writeup, thanks. One question though - if you wanted to power up quickly, what's the negative of betting for your rival to win and throwing the race on purpose?

post #115 of 184 Old 04-01-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Nice writeup, thanks. One question though - if you wanted to power up quickly, what's the negative of betting for your rival to win and throwing the race on purpose?

You have to pick a 'rival' that you think you can beat. If you don't pick anyone, it will default pick the lowest competitor on the list.

Each time you win a bet, it increases the multiplier by a factor of .25 (win 1=1.25, win again 1.50x's etc...)

There's a trophy to place & win a bet when you reach 2x's.
post #116 of 184 Old 04-04-2011, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

it happens with the betting. i race against guys who are level 60 and they were piss poor.

also the problem with the betting system is. that if you keep on betting and dont take the bet after the win. your multiplier runs up. but if that person disconnect in a race. your whole betting pot is gone. i had that yesterday. goodbye 15.000 points.

Overal th egame is great. but this betting system should go. another point i dont like is the waiting to start a multiplayer game.

it takes like 5 minutes to start 1 game. why not just have 1 minute to select car, bet, perks , track and go.

anyway once hit level 40 i dont know if i will continue i have platinum by then.

also getting platinum is much easier then motorstorm 2.

i believe level 80 is max you can hit in motorstorm.
post #117 of 184 Old 04-04-2011, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

wow this game is sounding great! Can't wait for the release.

xbox live GT: xXmaximus prime
PSN: maximus_rr
I have to go, I have a meeting with the bobs, uhhh I wasnt aware of any meeting......yeah they called me at home
post #118 of 184 Old 04-14-2011, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

http://twitter.com/PhenomEvolution/s...36406107836416

April 15th announcement of the release date? Just announce it!

post #119 of 184 Old 04-14-2011, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Just called my Gamestop and they still have it listed as Dec 31st. But if they were going to sell it tomorrow, they would've gotten it in stock already.

PSN ID Cyber125
post #120 of 184 Old 04-14-2011, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

They will announce the release date tomorrow, not release the game itself.

Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page