Twisted Metal - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 200 Old 02-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Nice how the IGN reviewer had some nostalgia to go along with the scoring. Think the video and other reviews pushed me to buy a copy. Now I know they stuck to the old feeling of the game and didnt go all stupid with new age crap.

PSN:The_Wise_Guy
XBL:DirtySanWiseGuy
Steam:The_Wise_Guy
BF4 PC:The_Wise_Guy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 200 Old 02-15-2012, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 832
G4 Gave it a 6, and then the douche threw down in the comments and said it should have been a 3, after getting attacked for a very poor review. LOL.

Outlaw Protip: while being chased hit X and do a 180 spin and double tap "circle" to now be facing your pursuer but in reverse and using the alt special keep hitting R2 and you'll unleash a .30 cal and a **** ton of rockets into his unsuspecting face.

Also, Shootmytruck is live:

Thats a teddybear exploding into fluff if you look closely.
post #183 of 200 Old 02-16-2012, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Fun game!

Have a few questions, and would appreciate some help.

How do you mute mics? It doesn't seem to work, or maybe I'm not doing it right. I go to chat, toggle mute beside their name

How do you invite friends (in a room, or when you create a game)?

How many online levels are there, and is there any info on how to unlock things, or do you only unlock by leveling up?

When viewing online games, there's a meter on the far right that looks like a 'connection strength' indicator. Is it working properly? I try to find games in the 90's and sometimes I connect, sometimes not. Same with games in lower numbers. What does the number represent?
post #184 of 200 Old 02-16-2012, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm2003 View Post

Fun game!

Have a few questions, and would appreciate some help.

How do you mute mics? It doesn't seem to work, or maybe I'm not doing it right. I go to chat, toggle mute beside their name

How do you invite friends (in a room, or when you create a game)?

How many online levels are there, and is there any info on how to unlock things, or do you only unlock by leveling up?

When viewing online games, there's a meter on the far right that looks like a 'connection strength' indicator. Is it working properly? I try to find games in the 90's and sometimes I connect, sometimes not. Same with games in lower numbers. What does the number represent?

I haven't tried, but i think you just toggle to mute and hit X. I'll try tonight and see if it's working for me.

Party up. Hit select and it gives you clan and party options. When you join of create a room and have a party, they automatically follow you in. While you can't invite directly it seems, they can join you. There's also the option to see what servers your friends are in on the server list. think it's R2. Joining is a bit quirky it seems since they don't allow you to join ranked games mid game. Hopefully they fix that.

There are 8 main maps, and 22 sub maps of varying sized for a total of 30 layouts. Each has different item placement. You unlock by leveling up, which also earns you points. Unlocking the higher tiers unlocks when you hit a certain rank, so don't bother saving points it seems. Go for unlocks you think will help you most.

There's 4 unlocks that are SP related, the biggest prize being getting warthog in ranked MP for golding every challenge on Twisted Difficulty.

Looks to me to be ping. Lower the better, but some have no info. There's matchmaking server issues right now, and hopefully they'll have them under control by the weekend.
post #185 of 200 Old 02-16-2012, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

post #186 of 200 Old 02-16-2012, 10:00 AM

Kudos TyrantII! Appreciate the feedback.

I'll try the party up option. Have already used the clan option to pull people into a room. Wish they had a direct 'invite friend' route is all. No biggie.

Hope they can iron out a few post launch wrinkles, because the game is crazy fun, and I can see myself playing it for a long time.

I wonder how many people will be able to chase down the Plat on this title; it's not going to be an easy one.
post #187 of 200 Old 02-16-2012, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

NSFW lang: SHOOTMYTRUCK HIGHLIGHTS

post #188 of 200 Old 02-17-2012, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

A look at Custom Skin Creation

post #189 of 200 Old 02-17-2012, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

On server issues:

post #190 of 200 Old 02-18-2012, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Garage / Paint shop is up. Has a easy option for thoes not so inclined, but artists and those good with photoshop can download the template files and really work on skinning their cars as they see fit:

http://twistedmetal.com/community/?task=yourgarage

Also have a stats page, but so far looks like they haven't got it into something GFX'ly pleasing.
post #191 of 200 Old 02-21-2012, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

I picked up a copy on the weekend. Game is good if not better than I was anticipating. 14 player servers are complete mayhem but luckily the maps are huge to compensate. I was playing my cousin 1on1 online, brought me back to growing up playing on his psx. Great game, hopefully the online community stays strong.

post #192 of 200 Old 02-21-2012, 09:19 AM

Love the game, but the network issues make the online experience very frustrating. Several friends have already given up and traded in the game.

Key Problems:
* Try to join a room and get a 'network error has occurred message'
* In a room, and the connection drops.

I haven't been able to play more than 3 games in a row without getting booted. All of my friends have the same problem, so I know it's not just me. Seems like you spend about as much time trying to get into a game, as you do playing the game. That's gonna get old.

Hope they fix this soon, or the online is gonna die off. We're all seeing the same problems for: joining a game, on-line quick play, creating a match.
post #193 of 200 Old 02-21-2012, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

There's a patch in QA testing, with an hopeful ETA of tonight/tomorrow. I agree the online issues are a PITA, but once in the MP gameplay is some of the best I've had.

Also noticed that servers will self destruct every third game on the dot. If it's dropping first game for you, it was probably the host third game in that server.
post #194 of 200 Old 02-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm2003 View Post

Love the game, but the network issues make the online experience very frustrating. Several friends have already given up and traded in the game.

Key Problems:
* Try to join a room and get a 'network error has occurred message'
* In a room, and the connection drops.

I haven't been able to play more than 3 games in a row without getting booted. All of my friends have the same problem, so I know it's not just me. Seems like you spend about as much time trying to get into a game, as you do playing the game. That's gonna get old.

Hope they fix this soon, or the online is gonna die off. We're all seeing the same problems for: joining a game, on-line quick play, creating a match.

Your friends must be very impatient to trade it in so soon. In this day in age its expected for the first while to have issues. Like anything, early adopters to a product have a rough road for the first while..but it smooths out eventually.

post #195 of 200 Old 02-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseGuy2k7 View Post

Your friends must be very impatient to trade it in so soon. In this day in age its expected for the first while to have issues. Like anything, early adopters to a product have a rough road for the first while..but it smooths out eventually.

disagree, this online mode was a catastrophic failure... totally broken upon release. the online problems are so basic that it just simply seems like no QC was done by the developer. Buds and day one patches are not a big deal, but this game was released broken, which is just wrong.
post #196 of 200 Old 02-22-2012, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkoza View Post

disagree, this online mode was a catastrophic failure... totally broken upon release. the online problems are so basic that it just simply seems like no QC was done by the developer. Buds and day one patches are not a big deal, but this game was released broken, which is just wrong.

You must not play many Sony IP's online. This is pretty much the name of the game for everything so far except Uncharted and Warhawk. Both KZ2 and KZ3 had major issues too. I've also already put in quite a bit online, so it's not completely unplayable like some of the bitching out there.

Using the server list I haven't had an issue since day 2 connecting within 5 min. Still, I and it appears everyone else gets dropped every third match.

Anyways, there a patch slated to hit tonight / tomorrow am.
post #197 of 200 Old 02-22-2012, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

You must not play many Sony IP's online. This is pretty much the name of the game for everything so far except Uncharted and Warhawk. Both KZ2 and KZ3 had major issues too. I've also already put in quite a bit online, so it's not completely unplayable like some of the bitching out there.

Using the server list I haven't had an issue since day 2 connecting within 5 min. Still, I and it appears everyone else gets dropped every third match.

Anyways, there a patch slated to hit tonight / tomorrow am.

just because past sony games have had issues doesn't excuse this failure. to me taking 5 minutes to find a game and getting dropped every 3 matches is pretty much a fail. I hope the patch tomorrow fixes everything!
post #198 of 200 Old 02-22-2012, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Nope, doesn't excuse it, but it sad that it's not Surprising.

After 2 console failures and PSN not adding valuable features as it appeared it would when first announced, I'm starting to sour on Sony. They're IP's have me hooked, but it seems they just have no idea how to offer more than their core hardware. They need to start offering more of an "experience", or they're going to continue to lose marketshare. These online issues, and the relative nakedness (and up to the dev/pub) mentality is going to be a big issue late in this consoles life cycle, and probably forward into the next. Unless they wise up.

Example: Why isn't there a standard party system? Or even more nuts, why can't you invite firends to a game for any game by going to the xmb and clicking triangle? Right now probably only 15% allow it / implemented it.
post #199 of 200 Old 02-22-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseGuy2k7 View Post

Impatient? For a $60 game that has serious flaws? Unacceptable is more like it.

The on-line game is barely playable. You have to deal with numerous issues, and it turns into a major buzz kill when you spend more time trying to join a game, than actually playing. I'm lucky if I can get into 2-3 10 min games MAX per hour.

Very disappointed, because the game is a lot of fun when it works.
post #200 of 200 Old 02-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member

I must have been lucky Monday night as I had no issues creating a private room than joining a public later on. I know how you feel though as I went through this crap with bf3 mic option not working for first few months. Not only did i have to play a gimped version compared to my pc but I wasnt able to voice chat with my cousin. The whole damn reason I bought the game, but now the issues have been addressed and I am 50 lvls behind everyone. lol
I have come accustomed to these type of issues being a pc gamer, we usually get the shortend of the stick.

Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page