post #271 of 1074 Old 08-04-2010, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post

Why all the negativity people? You paid for PS+ and like it? Awesome. You did some research on PS+ and decided it wasn't for you? Awesome. You bought PS+ and decided it wasn't worth the money you paid for it less than a tenth of the way through your subscription? Life lesson learned.

I got PS+. Have I got my monies worth? Not yet...but I will. I finally bought SuperStardust HD. I guess I saved $5 there...plus $2.50 on the Solo DLC. That's $7.50 I can knock off what I paid for the subscription.

This just came out. Folks with extra money around who like to be early adopters jumped on the bandwagon and are mostly satisfied with the experience. Let them be. Could SCEA have made this a more feature driven subscription at the get-go? Probably. Might they add these features a few months down the road and make all of us early adopters a lot happier? Probably.

I guess I just don't understand why folks get all bent out of shape with regards to this purely optional subscription that detracts nothing from a PSN user if they don't subscribe.

There's no logic to it. A few come here most of the time literally just to complain.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1074 Old 08-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

They just spent the last month building up the expectation that weekly updates are the norm.

Yeah kind of bummed to see them switch to biweekly so quickly. Almost feels like a bait-n-switch. However since Sony only promised monthly updates we are still ahead of the game. I have a feeling in a few weeks we will be getting monthly updates only.

I'm still happy with PS+ but I was alot happier with the surprise weekly updates

My equipment list is here. Playstation Network ID = jmii ...that's JM roman numeral 2
post #273 of 1074 Old 08-06-2010, 08:10 AM

Liked: 10
Hey guys,
I signed up for PS Plus last night and was looking through the PS Plus section of the PS store.I downloaded all the free games I saw in there but didn't see some of the games that were offered last month like wipeout HD. Where can I find the downloads for last month or do I not get those because I just signed up in august? It was really late and I may have overlooked it or is there another section on the PS store where i can download them from?

So far it's an ok service for hardcore PS3 players but nothing that really sets it apart from the free online service besides automatic updates. But......this is a brand new service. Sony will surely be adding some nice features in the future only available to PS Plus members. Cross game chat will probably come soon.

on a side note...... Kahoots is the weirdest game I have ever played. LOL. It was good for a few laughs and my 2 year old liked it tho.PEG BEAST FTW!!!!!
post #274 of 1074 Old 08-06-2010, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Discounts and free items disappear as more are added. If you missed out on something earlier, you're out of luck it seems.

post #275 of 1074 Old 08-06-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepP View Post

Hey guys,
I signed up for PS Plus last night and was looking through the PS Plus section of the PS store.I downloaded all the free games I saw in there but didn't see some of the games that were offered last month like wipeout HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Discounts and free items disappear as more are added. If you missed out on something earlier, you're out of luck it seems.

And this is exactly how it should go, we pay for a running 12 months subscription Early adopters don't get that last month you still have a valid subscription. This is why I subscribed PS+ day one and plan on reapplying once a year. Makes sense, right?
post #276 of 1074 Old 08-06-2010, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee View Post

I'm not really happy with the service--I'm simply an apologist fanboi who can't stand to see the name of my poor beloved Sony run through the mud so I pretend that I'm happy for strangers on the internet. Because that makes more sense.

A while back, I wrote
Quote:

Well, gosh, I'm glad you finally decided to admit it!

For this I received an infraction "manipulated quote to attack a member".

Since someone at AVS is apparently grossly sarcasm impaired, I'd like to set the record straight that this was in fact sarcasm, and not (at all) intended to attack basmonkee. If anyone else took it that way, I apologize.
post #277 of 1074 Old 08-09-2010, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
I finally picked it up. And a preemptive THIS IS NOT BECAUSE OF PS+

I can't get the auto update to work because I have a Linksys WRT54G. EVERY time that I start downloading an update, the damn router resets. I realize I could buy another CAT5 but that would be too easy. Nothing else the PS3 does resets the router, but if I download a patch, it resets. Auto update just ends with no more internet.

Anyone have any insight on that one?

Chris Schempp
How to post links to Amazon.com Products.
PSN - Mandos_eD
post #278 of 1074 Old 08-09-2010, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Schempp View Post

I finally picked it up. And a preemptive THIS IS NOT BECAUSE OF PS+

I can't get the auto update to work because I have a Linksys WRT54G. EVERY time that I start downloading an update, the damn router resets. I realize I could buy another CAT5 but that would be too easy. Nothing else the PS3 does resets the router, but if I download a patch, it resets. Auto update just ends with no more internet.

Anyone have any insight on that one?

Do you have the most recent official firmware for your router? I found at some point in the past that some UPnP functionality that was perfectly correct would cause my WRT54G to crash (and reset itself). This was quite some time ago, but frankly there is nothing you should be able to do as a client behind a router to cause it to reset, and the fact that it does means there's a bug in the WRT54G.
post #279 of 1074 Old 08-09-2010, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
I stopped buying Linksys equipment because every single one I bought gave me problems not too far down the line. I know D-Link has a bad reputation in techie circles (or at least it did), but the D-Link equipment I've bought to replace the busted Linksys equipment has never given me a problem.
post #280 of 1074 Old 08-09-2010, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post

Do you have the most recent official firmware for your router? I found at some point in the past that some UPnP functionality that was perfectly correct would cause my WRT54G to crash (and reset itself). This was quite some time ago, but frankly there is nothing you should be able to do as a client behind a router to cause it to reset, and the fact that it does means there's a bug in the WRT54G.

Honestly, I gave up on it so long ago and just started plugging in when I wanted updates I don't have the slightest clue as to my current fw version. I'll check it.

And agreed on there being issues with the router. It was cheap and I wanted wireless a few years ago. Never has a problem with a PC or the Wii...or even downloading from the PSN Store...it's only updates.

Chris Schempp
PSN - Mandos_eD
post #281 of 1074 Old 08-09-2010, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post

A while back, I wroteFor this I received an infraction "manipulated quote to attack a member".

Since someone at AVS is apparently grossly sarcasm impaired, I'd like to set the record straight that this was in fact sarcasm, and not (at all) intended to attack basmonkee. If anyone else took it that way, I apologize.

Sorry, Dude--That's ridiculous. I certainly didn't report you. I took it as a joke--you know, like my original quoted comment.

I mean, MY NEFARIOUS PLAN NETS ANOTHER WITLESS VICTIM!!!! Mwa HA ha HA ha!

Or, something.

PSN/XBL: bassmonkeee
Wii number: Who cares?
post #282 of 1074 Old 08-09-2010, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Schempp View Post

Honestly, I gave up on it so long ago and just started plugging in when I wanted updates I don't have the slightest clue as to my current fw version. I'll check it.

And agreed on there being issues with the router. It was cheap and I wanted wireless a few years ago. Never has a problem with a PC or the Wii...or even downloading from the PSN Store...it's only updates.

Maybe disabling the upnp on the ps3 would help

PSN: Zetram00
MGO: Tez $$
post #283 of 1074 Old 08-09-2010, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

So, uPNP was disabled. But I updated the firmware and it seems to be working perfectly.

Chris Schempp
PSN - Mandos_eD
post #284 of 1074 Old 08-25-2010, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

PS+ members will be able to play the demo of R.U.S.E. a week earlier than everyone else. Also they can now get a two year PS3 protection plan for the price of one year.

Quote:

Sony has confirmed that PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive early access to the upcoming demo of Ubisoft’s PS3 strategy title RUSE.

The European PlayStation Blog says that PSN+ members will receive the demo automatically on August 25th if the PS3’s Automatic Downloads feature has been activated.

It will not be available to normal PSN users until September 1st.

Earlier today SCEA revealed that US subscribers to PSN+ will be eligible for a 25 per cent discount on the PlayStation Protection Plan insurance cover.

post #285 of 1074 Old 08-25-2010, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm going to have to wait a whole week longer for RUSE?!!!!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

my life... it is ruined!!!!!!!!

I need to go buy PS+ right now!
post #286 of 1074 Old 08-25-2010, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Haha, the funny thing is I just noticed that it mentions EU PSN getting the demo. I don't know about us yankees. In any case, PS+ has been pretty solid overall for most of us who have it Mr. Sarcasm.

post #287 of 1074 Old 08-25-2010, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I'm thinking of getting + now for the extra year with the extended warranty they are offering. That's $15 right there, I think I can get $35 worth of content in the next 15 months.

Now playing: TLoU PS4
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs, Southpark: Stick of Truth, Infamous: SS
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #288 of 1074 Old 09-08-2010, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I'll just add another nuance of the Plus/Qore issue.

Being an Annual Sub to Plus does not equal Annual Sub to Qore. Shocking I know. According to an email from my Qore sub, Sept issue contains a free copy of PSOne Warhawk for annual subs. So I go check it out on my account that I have Plus. I don't see anything other than the free themes. I log out and go on my account that still has the Qore sub still live till it runs out next month. Load up the same Sept issue of Qore and low and behold there it is. Warhawk (PSOne) and they still have up the fee copy of HVB.

Are they trying to keep Qore only subs still alive? Wouldn't they want to convert all those Qore only subs to Plus subs. Qore and Auto update are about the only perks I use from Plus and apparently Qore is just gimped free issues. And I don't really know anyone that ever bought Qore just on an issue, by issue, basis...buying the whole sub was where the perks were at. Makes me wonder why they aren't treating Qore as a sub with Plus.

PSN ID: dogdoctor
post #289 of 1074 Old 09-08-2010, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdoctor View Post

Being an Annual Sub to Plus does not equal Annual Sub to Qore. Shocking I know. According to an email from my Qore sub, Sept issue contains a free copy of PSOne Warhawk for annual subs. So I go check it out on my account that I have Plus. I don't see anything other than the free themes. I log out and go on my account that still has the Qore sub still live till it runs out next month. Load up the same Sept issue of Qore and low and behold there it is. Warhawk (PSOne) and they still have up the fee copy of HVB.

Are they trying to keep Qore only subs still alive? Wouldn't they want to convert all those Qore only subs to Plus subs. Qore and Auto update are about the only perks I use from Plus and apparently Qore is just gimped free issues. And I don't really know anyone that ever bought Qore just on an issue, by issue, basis...buying the whole sub was where the perks were at. Makes me wonder why they aren't treating Qore as a sub with Plus.

I got the same email. I had no idea that the Plus version was different from the subscription version, but maybe I couldn't tell because my Qore was still active. I'll keep an eye out to second the problem.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #290 of 1074 Old 09-08-2010, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post

I got the same email. I had no idea that the Plus version was different from the subscription version, but maybe I couldn't tell because my Qore was still active. I'll keep an eye out to second the problem.

It's not really that the Plus version is any different. What it seems is that if your PSN account is tagged as a Plus Member, certain perks will not appear compared to the PSN account tagged as Qore Subscriber. I Downloaded the Qore from the Plus account, but opened it from 2 different accounts. Keep an eye out once your Qore sub lapses.

post #291 of 1074 Old 09-08-2010, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It's not really that the Plus version is any different. What it seems is that if your PSN account is tagged as a Plus Member, certain perks will not appear compared to the PSN account tagged as Qore Subscriber. I Downloaded the Qore from the Plus account, but opened it from 2 different accounts. Keep an eye out once your Qore sub lapses.

Ah, now I see. I'll be checking that and report back. Would make sense not to make the free Plus items visible to everyone. I'll find out for sure today.

post #292 of 1074 Old 09-09-2010, 04:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:

I can (unfortunately) confirm this. I have only one Profile Account set up (1 Main, no sub-accounts) and I had a Qore Sub that expired in August. I let it expire so that I could sign-up with Playstation Plus.

This month, when I headed to the Qore dnload center, I saw that Warhawk (PS1) was not listed. The Qore that you get with Playstation Plus appears to be the same one that you get with "single" issues that you buy.

OtherWorlds - My Sci-Fi/Fantasy Writing Blog
post #293 of 1074 Old 09-09-2010, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Here is the list of stuff that will be available the next time PS+ is updated:

Quote:

September 21st Highlights:

Free Games
Zen Pinball
Echoes – minis
Syphon Filter 3 – PS One

Early Access Game and Demo
Sword & Soldiers

Free Game Add-on
High Velocity Bowling – Move Compatibility Add-On

Free Themes
Shades of Autumn Theme

Discounts
Cuboid (50%)
Savage Moon (50%)
LittleBigPlanet: Monster Costume Pack (50%)

Discounted PS One Games
PS One Imports
Cho Aniki
Gaiaseed

Free Avatars
LittleBigPlanet Avatar – Hugo
LittleBigPlanet Avatar – Marvin

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on September 21:

Free Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Mushroom Wars
2Xtreme
VEMPIRES – minis

Discount Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Soldner-X2: Final Prototype – 30% Off (PlayStation Plus price $9.09, regular price $12.99)
Soldner-X: Himmelstrummer & Soldner-X2: Final Prototype Bundle (PlayStation Plus price $10.79, regular price $17.99)

I guess this means that the 3D+Move update for HVB will not be free unless you have PS+.

post #294 of 1074 Old 09-09-2010, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

BTW, here's a summary of the current new deals from Tuesday:

Quote:

Qore Episode 28: September 2010 (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $2.99)
File size: 1.65 GB

Warhawk Game Trial (Free and Exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
File size: 835 MB

Warhawk: Booster Combo (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Warhawk Dynamic Theme (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

UFC Undisputed 2010 – TUF Fighter DLC Pack (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

God of War: Ghost of Sparta PSP Demo (Early Access to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Blast Off – Minis (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Mystical Fractals Theme (Free and Exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Ratchet & Clank Dynamic Theme (PlayStation Plus Price $1.50, regular price $2.99)

post #295 of 1074 Old 09-10-2010, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlock View Post

I can (unfortunately) confirm this. I have only one Profile Account set up (1 Main, no sub-accounts) and I had a Qore Sub that expired in August. I let it expire so that I could sign-up with Playstation Plus.

This month, when I headed to the Qore dnload center, I saw that Warhawk (PS1) was not listed. The Qore that you get with Playstation Plus appears to be the same one that you get with "single" issues that you buy.

Yep. This was my first Plus-only month and the game isn't there. Honestly this is a chintzy move on their part, as well as bad marketing. Why not draw those Qore only subscribers into Plus like dogdoctor mentioned? Seems like they wasted an opportunity there for no real reason.

This one goes in the negative column at decision time next year.

post #296 of 1074 Old 09-10-2010, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post

Yep. This was my first Plus-only month and the game isn't there. Honestly this is a chintzy move on their part, as well as bad marketing. Why not draw those Qore only subscribers into Plus like dogdoctor mentioned? Seems like they wasted an opportunity there for no real reason.

This one goes in the negative column at decision time next year.

After 2 years of Qore, and 1 of Plus (when it runs out), I think I'll be officially done with the PS marketing machine. I know right now I'm not picking up Move until there is really good game that interests me to play.

post #297 of 1074 Old 09-10-2010, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Why would you pick up a game that doesn't interest you, Move or otherwise?
post #298 of 1074 Old 09-10-2010, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTJ View Post

Why would you pick up a game that doesn't interest you, Move or otherwise?

Your point is well taken. But don't rule out impulse buys based on the hype machine or the need to have because everyone else (on your friends list) is getting it.

post #299 of 1074 Old 09-10-2010, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Your point is well taken. But don't rule out impulse buys based on the hype machine or the need to have because everyone else (on your friends list) is getting it.

You have yet to pick up Battlefield: Bad Company 2 even though 2, yes TWO, of your "buddies" have been playing it. So, I think you're good when it comes to holding off on games based on your "friends" list.
post #300 of 1074 Old 09-10-2010, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShorty View Post

You have yet to pick up Battlefield: Bad Company 2 even though 2, yes TWO, of your "buddies" have been playing it. So, I think you're good when it comes to holding off on games based on your "friends" list.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to not buy that game? I wouldn't say I'm good at it. I would say I pick my moments. And when you compare BC2 to the Move (sports), the move sports actually interest me more. Not that I don't like playing with you both, you know that, but I would just rather play KZ2 or U2 over BC2. You up for UNO, or Press Your Luck! (I'd bite at that for a week or 2).

Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page