PlayStation Plus (one sub supports Vita / PS3 / PS4) - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 1082 Old 02-19-2012, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
"In order to continue using free content that is downloaded within the PlayStation Plus your subscription must remain current. If the subscription expires and does not renew you will lose access to any content that is no longer offered as free with the PlayStation Plus. I do apologize but since these games expired with your original PS Plus subscription we would be unable to assist you with accessing or redownloading this content.

I understand that your PlayStation Plus subscription was renewed, however, since it was not automatically renewed and expired (lapsed) the content will no longer be offered on your PSN account. To continue accessing free content through the PlayStation Plus your subscription must remain current and not lapse."

There you go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 1082 Old 02-19-2012, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...ions-answered/

"Once downloaded, the games are yours to keep and play as long as you are a member of PlayStation Plus. If your subscription lapses and then you re-subscribe, the games you have already downloaded will reactivate, so you still have access to them. Additionally, if you delete one of the titles from your PS3, but decide you want to get it back, then you can re-download from the PlayStation Plus section of the PSN Store if the game is still there, or, if the game has expired from the PlayStation Plus section of the PSN Store, you can simply search for it on PS Store and download it again at no extra cost."

Either the CSR you talked to was a nub, or we were blatantly lied to.

It is now your job to go redownload a title and come back with the results.

Send them this link and tell them to give you your content.

They still refuse to give it to you and you can either go the lawsuit route (expensive) or send your story to all the major gaming websites. Sony doesn't need more negative press, especially with the Vita launch so close.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #543 of 1082 Old 02-19-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Send them this link and tell them to give you your content.

They still refuse to give it to you and you can either go the lawsuit route (expensive) or send your story to all the major gaming websites. Sony doesn't need more negative press, especially with the Vita launch so close.

I gave it a shot.
post #544 of 1082 Old 02-19-2012, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

I had the free 30 day membership when PSN went down. I resubscribed today and all of my downloaded items were in my que to redownload again. All the games were free.

You probably deleted your Download Que at some point or something.

None the less, been a subscriber for less than 8 hours and already have $50 worth of games i'm playing.
post #545 of 1082 Old 02-19-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx View Post

I had the free 30 day membership when PSN went down. I resubscribed today and all of my downloaded items were in my que to redownload again. All the games were free.

You probably deleted your Download Que at some point or something.

I didn't. I stated in a post on the previous page of this thread that I have items in my download queue dating back to 2006, before PS+ existed. I don't think it's possible to delete your download queue. I didn't own a PS3 in 2006, but I made an account on a friend's PS3, so the queue sticks with your account, not with the physical system.

This is the second time that a Sony rep has told me that if my subscriptions lapses, I lose previously downloaded free titles, even if I resubscribe.

After explaining my situation, this is the first reply I received at 10:36 AM:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy M. Sony CS Rep View Post

I understand your concern regarding losing access to your free game downloads after your PlayStation®Plus membership had lapse. I will be happy to further assist you with your questions and concerns.

In order to continue using free content that is downloaded within the PlayStation Plus your subscription must remain current. If the subscription expires and does not renew you will lose access to any content that is no longer offered as free with the PlayStation Plus. I do apologize but since these games expired with your original PS Plus subscription we would be unable to assist you with accessing or redownloading this content.

I am sure the information above addresses your concerns regarding being unable to download your previous free games after your PlayStation Plus subscription expired. Please feel free to email back with any additional questions or concerns.

Regards,
Nancy M.

This was my reply a half-hour later at 11:10 AM:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsDoan View Post

"If the subscription expires and does not renew you will lose access to any content that is no longer offered as free with the PlayStation Plus."

I specifically said, I DID renew my PS+ subscription.

-Dan

She replied 8 minutes later at 11:18 AM:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy M. Sony CS Rep View Post

Thank you for responding back with this additional information. I understand that your PlayStation Plus subscription was renewed, however, since it was not automatically renewed and expired (lapsed) the content will no longer be offered on your PSN account. To continue accessing free content through the PlayStation Plus your subscription must remain current and not lapse.

I am confident the information provided to you above will assist you with preventing losing any free content in the future offered through PlayStation Plus. Please feel free to email back with any additional questions or concerns.

Regards,
Nancy M.

I replied 3 hours later at 2:06 PM:
Quote:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/24/playstation-plus-your-questions-answered/

"Once downloaded, the games are yours to keep and play as long as you are a member of PlayStation Plus. If your subscription lapses and then you re-subscribe, the games you have already downloaded will reactivate, so you still have access to them. Additionally, if you delete one of the titles from your PS3, but decide you want to get it back, then you can re-download from the PlayStation Plus section of the PSN Store if the game is still there, or, if the game has expired from the PlayStation Plus section of the PSN Store, you can simply search for it on PS Store and download it again at no extra cost."

I didn't feel I needed to explain anything in this last email. I'm currently waiting on a reply to this one.
post #546 of 1082 Old 02-19-2012, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Like spinksjinx, I have a friend who stopped subscribing to PS+ and then re-subscribed some time later. All of his previous free stuff was still accessible in his download list as expected. Something's wrong with your situation, but it isn't obvious what it is. Maybe your account was deactivated at some point before being reinstated?

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #547 of 1082 Old 02-20-2012, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Your system isn't jailbreak'd is it?

Not sure why you would have that problem, not saying it can't happen. I would say just a quirk in the system. But not sure why a rep would tell you that when everyone else has their games available.

I'd try to escalate it to their management and demand them unlock it or give you a gift card or something.
post #548 of 1082 Old 02-20-2012, 07:42 AM

Nah, I didn't jailbreak it. From what I've read, if I did, I'd have no PSN access. That wouldn't work well with my PS+ subscription. :/
post #549 of 1082 Old 02-20-2012, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Nah, I didn't jailbreak it. From what I've read, if I did, I'd have no PSN access. That wouldn't work well with my PS+ subscription. :/

Weird, I hope it works out for you.
post #550 of 1082 Old 02-21-2012, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:

I didn't. I stated in a post on the previous page of this thread that I have items in my download queue dating back to 2006, before PS+ existed. I don't think it's possible to delete your download queue. I didn't own a PS3 in 2006, but I made an account on a friend's PS3, so the queue sticks with your account, not with the physical system.

This is the second time that a Sony rep has told me that if my subscriptions lapses, I lose previously downloaded free titles, even if I resubscribe.

I replied 3 hours later at 2:06 PM:

Quote:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...ions-answered/

I didn't feel I needed to explain anything in this last email. I'm currently waiting on a reply to this one.

I for one am interested in the reply you get from Sony on this one. I was also under the impression that the Plus items on your download list would reactivate if the subscription lapsed and was started again.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #551 of 1082 Old 02-21-2012, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Lots of good free content today!

That Hungry Giraffe Mini we got last week is by far the best free Mini yet. Weplayed for over an hour, laughing the whole time.
post #552 of 1082 Old 02-21-2012, 07:33 PM

i love that giraffe ganme how far did you get i got to level 3 it gets so hard. when i first was playing i didn'rt realise that if you got a hat you could hit x and blast up al a doodle jump rockets and propeller hats. afer that getting farther was alot easier
post #553 of 1082 Old 02-21-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post

I for one am interested in the reply you get from Sony on this one. I was also under the impression that the Plus items on your download list would reactivate if the subscription lapsed and was started again.

They're taking an awful long time to reply to this one. It took them minutes or hours to reply to my other emails; now it's taking days. Earlier today I sent a request for an update on the situation. From others' replies, it seems my circumstance is unusual, and content does normally reactivate. It's strange that they have a cookie-cutter reply stating this shouldn't happen, though.

I'm loving this month's content, though. Five online multiplayer games, although I don't think Fatal Inertia EX's online multiplayer feature is working. I've been playing the hell out of Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars. That game's a blast.

A reply on 02/22/2012 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent W - Sony CS Rep View Post

We do apologize for this inconvenience.

We are still in the process of researching your issue. We will respond to you once we have completed this process. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Regards,
Vincent W

post #554 of 1082 Old 02-22-2012, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Send them another email with the same link and tell them if all your content is not restored within 24 hours, you are taking your story to all the major gaming news sites since they are unwilling to work with you and honor their own services.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #555 of 1082 Old 02-23-2012, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
Following this thread, I wasn't sure if a free game I downloaded during a free 30-day trial period (Marvel Pinball) would still work when I started a new free trial period yesterday. Happy to report it did work. If it didn't, I certainly would never consider starting a paid sub.
post #556 of 1082 Old 02-23-2012, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno Nine View Post

i love that giraffe ganme how far did you get i got to level 3 it gets so hard. when i first was playing i didn'rt realise that if you got a hat you could hit x and blast up al a doodle jump rockets and propeller hats. afer that getting farther was alot easier

You know what, I don't know. I stepped away and my daughter kept playing. I will have to check next time she's over. The hard hats and the chili peppers are key to the game.
post #557 of 1082 Old 02-23-2012, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Nice job, logged on today and saw the Genesis bundle being offered for free. So subscribed over the weekend and already had 5+ free games. February seems like a good day to sign up.
post #558 of 1082 Old 02-23-2012, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno Nine View Post

Heh, I made it to level 3 too. Cool lil' game!

post #559 of 1082 Old 02-24-2012, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Holy crap--that giraffe game is a blast. I didn't know about the hardhat--I thought it protected you from the anvils. All I know is the pills are trippy and the booze makes you vomit.

PSN/XBL: bassmonkeee
Wii number: Who cares?
post #560 of 1082 Old 03-02-2012, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Here's a cool perk for us this month: Journey will be released to PS+ members a week early.

post #561 of 1082 Old 03-02-2012, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
I wish they'd announce all the March goodies for PS Plus subs already. I'm on a free 30-day trial and holding off on other purchases until I find out what I'll only have a couple of weeks to play from now till March 23. I wasn't interested in all the SEGA classics I've had access to thus far.
post #562 of 1082 Old 03-02-2012, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I'd be surprised if March's goodies were not outlined on Monday.

post #563 of 1082 Old 03-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Advanced Member

Anybody else purchase the borderlands bundle when it was on sale last july? Well I did and now it says it has expired, anyone else experience this? So thinking maybe deleting and redownloading would help I did so and went to my download history and it isn't there, all of the DLC packs are but not the original game. So then I go to the store and the game shows that I bought it but I can't download it in the store. So I search for the trial version and it says that it is not available for my system. WTF? Google searched and this has happened to several other people who posted on playstation blogs but guess what playstion blogs have been down since yesterday. So I downloaded the trial ages ago, paid money to upgrade to the full package and now I can't play it. I'm a huge PS fan and probably one of the few who was PS3 and PSN+ day one but come on, we can't redownload a game trial?
end rant

PSN - todrigo
post #564 of 1082 Old 04-24-2012, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

PS+ May Preview:

Exclusive Early Access:
Pixel Junk 4am Closed Viewer Beta – 5/1
Velocity (Free PS mini) – 5/1

Free Games:
PSN Games
Awesomenauts – 5/1
Trine 2 – 5/1
Rock of Ages – 5/15

Minis
Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims – 5/1
Velocity – 5/1

PS One Classics
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night – 5/1
Castlevania Chronicles – 5/1

Full Game Trials
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – 5/1
Disney Universe – 5/1
Saints Row The Third – 5/8
Assassin’s Creed Revelations – 5/15
Batman Arkham City – 5/15
Rayman Origins– 5/15
Need for Speed The Run – 5/15
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition – 5/22
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier – 5/22

Free Avatars and Themes
Dead Cloud Avatar – 5/15
Gear Avatar – 5/15
Mesh Dynamic Theme – 5/22

Discounts:
PSN Games
Datura – 5/8 (PS Plus Price – $7.99)
Disney Universe – 5/1 (PS Plus Price: $15.00)
Rayman: Origins – 5/15 (PS Plus Price: $15.00)
Saints Row The Third – 5/8 (PS Plus Price: $47.99)

~~~

Rayman Origins is worth the full price it sold for, but it's a must-have purchase at $15!

post #565 of 1082 Old 04-24-2012, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 91
Nine trial games? Those must be pretty effective, haven't seen so many added at once. The downside is the giant download for a game you end up not buying (used it once on Assassins Creed II and saved myself some $$).

While I'm not complaining, I'm wondering how these 1-2 month old games are ending up on Plus and how the devs make money. They must get a percentage of the overall Plus revenue for a period of time. Either that or Sony is paying them a flat rate for the game for a set period of time.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #566 of 1082 Old 04-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Sorry if this is a stupid question...I think a great perk of plus is the online backup of game saves. However mine keeps telling me that its out of room and can't save everything. Is there a way to manage what it saves or to buy more capacity?

PSN brakel

post #567 of 1082 Old 04-24-2012, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

You decide what games it saves and which ones aren't. You are also asked if you want auto saves each time a new game is popped in.

Also, on a game's XMB menu icon, hit triangle to turn on/off the auto saves of what you want and don't. I have 60 games or so in saves and still have 40% cloud room left.

I can't imagine what you have done taking up so much space since 99% of games have very small save files. Maybe you have dozens of backup saves for some RPGs? If so, maybe cut them down a bit by going to the Cloud storage icon in the XMB and hitting triangle to see what you want to do.

post #568 of 1082 Old 04-24-2012, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

You decide what games it saves and which ones aren't. You are also asked if you want auto saves each time a new game is popped in.

Also, on a game's XMB menu icon, hit triangle to turn on/off the auto saves of what you want and don't. I have 60 games or so in saves and still have 40% cloud room left.

I can't imagine what you have done taking up so much space since 99% of games have very small save files. Maybe you have dozens of backup saves for some RPGs? If so, maybe cut them down a bit by going to the Cloud storage icon in the XMB and hitting triangle to see what you want to do.

You can also go into your Online Storage from the Saved Games folder in the XMB. You can manage your saved files there.

I'm not a Plus member anymore, but when I was there was only 150MB available. If you're a habitual saver and play games like FO3 and Skyrim, that 150MB gets eaten up VERY fast...especially if you're keeping multiple saves of the same game.

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
post #569 of 1082 Old 04-24-2012, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I see. I trimmed my Oblivion saves down to three when I was done even before PS+ came out. I suppose it makes sense that games like that will eat up your space if you aren't careful.

post #570 of 1082 Old 04-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I had like a dozen GTA saves and I deleted all but three. Do I need to delete the ones off the cloud or the ones on my local ps3 or in both places? I'm thinking that if I only delete from the cloud then it will just try to save them again tonight. That's why I was wondering if there was a manager of some sort where I could indicate to save only the three most recent gta saves.

PSN brakel

Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page