post #571 of 1082 Old 04-24-2012, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakel View Post

I had like a dozen GTA saves and I deleted all but three. Do I need to delete the ones off the cloud or the ones on my local ps3 or in both places? I'm thinking that if I only delete from the cloud then it will just try to save them again tonight. That's why I was wondering if there was a manager of some sort where I could indicate to save only the three most recent gta saves.

That would be a good feature, but it didn't have that option when I was a Plus member. If you tell it to store your saves for that particular game to the cloud, it will create a backup of any new saves.

I do believe it will overwrite the same/updated save...but if you create multiple saves on your HDD, it will create multiple saves online...until it fills up.

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 1082 Old 04-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I found that the SSX ghost data file was 100mb! I deleted that from the cloud. I'm afraid it will just copy it again tonight.

PSN brakel

post #573 of 1082 Old 04-24-2012, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 195
With SSX in the drive, go to the icon in the XMB menu and tap triangle. Then simply turn off auto save.

I just double checked my Cloud save stats, cleaned up a bit, and I have 83 individual games saved (which is well over 100 files because of multiple saves with some games). The total size is 73 MB out of 150 available. There is plenty of room for storage, even for hardcore gaming.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #574 of 1082 Old 04-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

With SSX in the drive, go to the icon in the XMB menu and tap triangle. Then simply turn off auto save.

I just double checked my Cloud save stats, cleaned up a bit, and I have 83 individual games saved (which is well over 100 files because of multiple saves with some games). The total size is 73 MB out of 150 available. There is plenty of room for storage, even for hardcore gaming.

But I want it to backup ssx game save file, that's the point of having the feature. I just don't want it to backup the ssx ghost file.

PSN brakel

post #575 of 1082 Old 04-24-2012, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Then you have a choice to make with SSX's save system. Have room for a few hundred save files in the Cloud without it, or let it take up most of your space.

post #576 of 1082 Old 04-25-2012, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Can't you still back up SSX saves manually to the cloud?

Now playing: Madden, Diablo 3, First Light, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #577 of 1082 Old 04-25-2012, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Whether saved automatically or manually, the problem is that a SSX save file is 100x larger than almost all other save files. It takes up way too much room.

post #578 of 1082 Old 04-25-2012, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I thought he was saying the ghost file is large, so if you do it manually you pick just the save file, skip the ghost. Or just use a thumb drive.

Now playing: Madden, Diablo 3, First Light, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #579 of 1082 Old 04-25-2012, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I see. I don't think you can manually select files to save. You would have to auto save each related file and delete those they you don't want immediately afterwards.

post #580 of 1082 Old 04-25-2012, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 39
You can manually select which files to save to the cloud just like you would to save to a thumb drive. I'm an occasional Plus sub, and each time I have access to the cloud I go back and manually save all my copyprotected saves that were created since the last time I subbed.
post #581 of 1082 Old 04-25-2012, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

We're talking about how to select one of multiple files to save that are connected to one game. I believe the Cloud will save all of the ones connected to the game that are on your HDD; you can't deselect certain files, but can manually delete whichever ones you want after the transfer.

post #582 of 1082 Old 04-25-2012, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

We're talking about how to select one of multiple files to save that are connected to one game. I believe the Cloud will save all of the ones connected to the game that are on your HDD; you can't deselect certain files, but can manually delete whichever ones you want after the transfer.

You can't manually select which files to save in a particular game on the front end, but you can go to your saved files, select copy, and copy it to your Online Storage.

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
post #583 of 1082 Old 04-25-2012, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Cool. So if I were him, I'd turn off auto SSX saves and manually send over only the basic save file wheneve I wanted to back it up.

post #584 of 1082 Old 06-06-2012, 02:39 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Looking back through this thread, you'll find that I felt PS+ was a great disappointment. With the addition of full PS3 games though, it has finally become a rather compelling offer. For a single console owner it would make a lot of sense to get, and looks to provide you with enough good quality games that one wouldn't even need to buy disc games anymore. Little Big Planet 2 alone gives you more content than you'll ever be able to chew through.

A paid for a year, they gave me 18 months, and I still felt ripped off. What they have finally put on the table two years later though is something to consider. I'm not buying in to it, but I would no longer consider you a sucker if you bought in to it. I still wouldn't expect the other features to work worth a damn.
post #585 of 1082 Old 06-06-2012, 04:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Plus is definately worth it. Especially now, 12 free games on yesterday's update ~$300 free.

The Weekend Warriors
post #586 of 1082 Old 06-06-2012, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Infamous 2, Little Big Planet 2 among them. No brainer whether to be a plus customer or not
post #587 of 1082 Old 06-06-2012, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

*** JUNE 2012 UPDATE ***

A brief recap of what is being discussed above for those who aren't aware PS+ just got an incrdible adrenaline shot when Sony added 12 PSN and full retail games to the list of titles that subscribers can freely play as much as they want:

Virtua Fighter 5
inFAMOUS 2
Little Big Planet 2
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Just Cause 2
Saints Row 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Hard Corp: Uprising
Choplifter HD
Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone
Sideway NY

The list will be adjusted over time, with two games removed every month and replaed with two nexw ones. Current members who dload it can play a game after it has been removed, even if they delete it from their hard drive (you can dload it again regardless if it is featured anymore).

This is an incredible deal. I'm playing Virtua Fighter: FS on launch day, and will later tackle a few other gems I've had my eye on. I like that they decided to improve the current PS+ service instead of add extra tiers as had been rumored. Awesome stuff.

post #588 of 1082 Old 06-06-2012, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I'm still in shock at the selection.. I definitely need to finally replace my 80 gig hard drive. I rarely buy games and I don't own any of these games so to me, this news is huge. I do wonder what Sony's willing to do for next month.
post #589 of 1082 Old 06-06-2012, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I already started to Download:

Infamous 2
Rachet & Clank All 4 One
Tomb Raider
Virtua Fighter 5

Will keep downloading the rest later. I upgraded HDD to 500GB a while back.
Funny that I never got the buy an infamous game. The 1st one got it from the PSN outage. Now Number 2.
Sweet!
post #590 of 1082 Old 06-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Man that looks sweet...add Trine 2 and Awesomenauts and DC Universe Online to that mix and I really see no reason to buy VG games until maybe Christmas.

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Receiver - Pioneer 1015-K
Speakers - Polk 6901 (7.1 setup)
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
post #591 of 1082 Old 06-06-2012, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Though it's hard to complain about the Plus offerings this month and last, I'm still having trouble swallowing the fact that Sony offered Infamous 2 and Just Cause 2 just last week at a heavy discount to Plus members only to turn around and offer them both free this month, while also delaying the announcement of June's Plus content to the very last minute.

Had I known inFamous 2 would be free, I certainly wouldn't have bought the bundle on Friday. Yeah, I know that I own the game now and I got all the DLC, but the DLC is junk--just skins and weapons I could live without. I now wish I had gotten the Red Dead Redemption bundle instead (a much better value), but inFamous 2 was a higher priority for me at the time.
post #592 of 1082 Old 06-06-2012, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
It's a bad move with Sony to put those games on discount and then free immediately the following month. That upsets those who bought the game last month.

I think it's E3 that Sony tries to promote PS+ benefits and make it extra good for June. Just wait next month or following month and PS+ will be back to how it used to be. But the E3 promotional strategy works because from what I read in different forums, many do sign up thinking they are getting tons incredible deals every month.
post #593 of 1082 Old 06-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

Though it's hard to complain about the Plus offerings this month and last, I'm still having trouble swallowing the fact that Sony offered Infamous 2 and Just Cause 2 just last week at a heavy discount to Plus members only to turn around and offer them both free this month, while also delaying the announcement of June's Plus content to the very last minute.
Had I known inFamous 2 would be free, I certainly wouldn't have bought the bundle on Friday. Yeah, I know that I own the game now and I got all the DLC, but the DLC is junk--just skins and weapons I could live without. I now wish I had gotten the Red Dead Redemption bundle instead (a much better value), but inFamous 2 was a higher priority for me at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3D View Post

It's a bad move with Sony to put those games on discount and then free immediately the following month. That upsets those who bought the game last month.
I think it's E3 that Sony tries to promote PS+ benefits and make it extra good for June. Just wait next month or following month and PS+ will be back to how it used to be. But the E3 promotional strategy works because from what I read in different forums, many do sign up thinking they are getting tons incredible deals every month.

From what I understand when you purchase a game with a PS+ discount you own the game. Any free games PS+ offers will deactivate if you don't renew your subscription. So I still see a benefit in buying a discounted game over just getting it for free.

For example, I didn't renew my PS+ subscription. I can't play any of those free games anymore unless I subscribe again. I can however play the games I purchased 50% off until I'm finished with them.

I do understand your points though. You could have got those games for free and finished them before your subscription ends, if you didn't renew.
post #594 of 1082 Old 06-06-2012, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
There's always going to be someone who buys something one day before it's discounted. Just like there is someone who buys a PS3 for $600 right before its price is cut.

PSN/XBL: bassmonkeee
Wii number: Who cares?
post #595 of 1082 Old 06-06-2012, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee View Post

There's always going to be someone who buys something one day before it's discounted. Just like there is someone who buys a PS3 for $600 right before its price is cut.

I totally get that, yet I see what Sony did with inFamous 2 and Just Cause 2 as totally different. If I had just bought inFamous 2 at the regular price days before it went sale, then my bad -- or just bad timing. (I bought Ratchet & Clank All 4 One two months ago, and I won't complain about that.)

But Sony lured Plus subs to purchase Just Cause 2 and inFamous 2 with a great deal, knowing full well they would be free in just a few days. In fact, I know of some people who bought inFamous 2 on Monday, just before the E3 announcement. If it was a PS3 console, I could take it back or get the retailer to match the price. With PSN sales, you're totally screwed. Sony needs to own this marketing mess up, and at least extend a small PSN credit or an extension of our Plus membership--even if it's just a token gesture.

Regarding me owning inFamous 2 now -- sure, I won't feel pressured to finish everything I want to do with it while my sub is active. But on the other hand, I go through so many games these days, once I beat it twice (and get the plat), I'll be pretty much be done with it.
post #596 of 1082 Old 06-06-2012, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee View Post

That was me. Bought a PS3 ay $600 + 3 games and dropped almost $900 after tax, and the price drop was announced less than 3 weeks later. Still don't regret buying it.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #597 of 1082 Old 06-06-2012, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I agree with Zookster. Sony knew they were going to offer those 2 games for free this month when they offered them at deep discount last month. I could see it being ok if several months had gone by, but the next month? I see his point.
post #598 of 1082 Old 06-06-2012, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 91
You Plus members that bought the games just before they went free, should call the customer service center. Maybe they say no, but maybe they can do something for you. Retail stores routinely refund the difference on items that were purchased the day before they go on sale, but you have to ask. Last year I had an analog stick go haywire on a 6 month old controller. I called Sony, politely explained my situation, and had a new controller in my hands a week later with no questions asked.

Granted, you're not going to get back the full price you paid for the game in this situation. Maybe you get an extension to Plus, or they throw $5 in your wallet, or something else that's better than nothing. They could just say no, but more often than not they already have something ready to offer for customer service.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #599 of 1082 Old 06-08-2012, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah, the only black mark on the amazing PS+ deals released this week is that I bought inFamous 2 right before the freebie list was posted because of the sale last week. It was pretty clumsy of them and they should've handled it a lot better than they did.

With that said, my plan all along was to get I2 for cheap as I tackled my backlog, and I did just that since of course I was never expecting it to be free.

Also, I am getting a number of the other twelve games given out to us subscribers for no extra charge, which is so amazing that I can't be too bitter. Overall, PS+ has been one of the best deals I've ever signed up for.

Still, hopefully they got enough flak to not put up a sale of a future free release of a game so close together next time.

post #600 of 1082 Old 06-08-2012, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Yeah, the only black mark on the amazing PS+ deals released this week is that I bought inFamous 2 right before the freebie list was posted because of the sale last week. It was pretty clumsy of them and they should've handled it a lot better than they did.

this was Sony's fault how? You bought a car... few days later there is a 3k cash back incentive. Its life.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page