PlayStation Plus (one sub supports Vita / PS3 / PS4) - Page 22 - AVS Forum
First ... 20  21  22 23  24  ... Last
PlayStation Area > PlayStation Plus (one sub supports Vita / PS3 / PS4)
Zookster's Avatar Zookster 01:57 PM 07-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

Wow. This PS+ perk is really picking up steam. VF5, Hard Corps, and Pac Man CE DX are all outstanding games that everyone should already own. I may stop buying downloadable games and just pay for PS+ instead. I'm away from my PS3 for a while, so I miss out on the VF5 deal, but it looks like Sony means business with these deals. Much better than what they were offering just a few months ago. I'm impressed.
I own most of these, but if I stop buying downloadable titles now, I'll probably be able to pick them up with a PS+ subscription in a year. I'm willing to wait if it means getting them at a fraction of the regular cost.

I had pretty much stopped buying PSN titles a few months ago in anticipation of possibly becoming a full-time Plus member. What did it for me was when I bought the Back to the Future series when it was on sale last summer, only to see it offered free a few months later when I was on a free 30-day Plus Trial. My patience paid off when I snagged Trine 2 for free a couple a months ago as a new Plus member. I'm now glad I passed on Pac-Man during an earlier sale (some time ago).

It'll be hard to resist buying new must-have retail games in anticipation of them being offered on Plus for free, but at this point, I can certainly eliminate the more marginal bargain bin pickups I used to get when I was in between games.

blklightning's Avatar blklightning 05:31 PM 07-03-2012
Nice update. PacMan, Gotham City Impostors and Sideway all for free.
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON 06:04 PM 07-03-2012
Crysis for $10, kinda tempted to try it...
Zookster's Avatar Zookster 09:07 AM 07-04-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

Nice update. PacMan, Gotham City Impostors and Sideway all for free.

Sideway was part of last month's instant game collection offers. This month Renegade Ops, which I played last night and really enjoyed, is the third new free game for this month.
blklightning's Avatar blklightning 06:47 PM 07-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

Sideway was part of last month's instant game collection offers. This month Renegade Ops, which I played last night and really enjoyed, is the third new free game for this month.

Oh sweet. I just looked it up on YouTube and it looks really fun.
jamieva's Avatar jamieva 09:10 PM 07-06-2012
My 7 year old has been playing Pacman non stop for 3 days.
joeblow's Avatar joeblow 10:23 PM 07-06-2012
Yeah, I've been messing around with it and it is a lot of fun. I've found that taking out my arcade stick and playing with my (dominant) right hand instead of the normal left hand control makes it even easier to make multiple tight turns when he speeds up.
pcweber111's Avatar pcweber111 06:16 PM 07-07-2012
Yeah what's funny is I was going to buy Infamous 2 right before it came to PS+.
blklightning's Avatar blklightning 04:00 PM 07-08-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Yeah, I've been messing around with it and it is a lot of fun. I've found that taking out my arcade stick and playing with my (dominant) right hand instead of the normal left hand control makes it even easier to make multiple tight turns when he speeds up.

Yeah, I'm having a heck of a time controlling him with the d pad once the game speed gets up there.
Anthony1's Avatar Anthony1 08:09 PM 07-08-2012
I was reading somewhere about how Sony is supposedly going to be bringing PS+ to the Vita sometime in the near future. This was some pre e3 stuff that I was reading. As far as I know, Sony didn't mention anything at e3 about bringing Plus to the Vita.... did they ?
joeblow's Avatar joeblow 11:19 PM 07-08-2012
Not that I know of. If you think about it, the service works well on the PS3 because of the large library. The Vita needs time to be able to work the same way.
spinoza_43221's Avatar spinoza_43221 02:09 PM 07-09-2012
I missed downloading Virtual Fighter...is there anyway I can get it now...Im hoping to upgrade my harddrive soon.
Anthony1's Avatar Anthony1 05:33 PM 07-09-2012
Quote:

Not that I know of. If you think about it, the service works well on the PS3 because of the large library. The Vita needs time to be able to work the same way.

They could start out giving away some PSP games and Mini's. PS1 games when they get that working. I wouldn't expect them to start with full priced Vita games. Maybe a couple of downloadable only Vita games like the Pinball game or something could be included at different times.
Ratnose86's Avatar Ratnose86 12:08 AM 07-10-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

My 7 year old has been playing Pacman non stop for 3 days.

Hah i've got the exact same situation!

I agree on not buying PSN games. I bought both Costume Quest and Plants vs. Zombies just weeks before they were free.
bd2003's Avatar bd2003 06:10 AM 07-10-2012
If I let my PS+ sub lapse, and then reinstate it a few months later, will I again have access to the stuff I DLed for free months ago? Or does a lapse mean you lose everything and have to start over?
crippldogg's Avatar crippldogg 07:35 AM 07-10-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

If I let my PS+ sub lapse, and then reinstate it a few months later, will I again have access to the stuff I DLed for free months ago? Or does a lapse mean you lose everything and have to start over?

I'm pretty sure you will get access to the stuff you already downloaded when you renew. Anything you bought through plus (that wasn't free) is yours to keep no matter what
joeblow's Avatar joeblow 11:35 AM 07-10-2012
Also, when you come back any cloud saves or PS3 save you have will still work.
blklightning's Avatar blklightning 11:09 PM 07-10-2012
Grabbed the God of War collection for 15 bucks. Can't beat that. Will be nice to play these awesome games in HD in preparation for Ascension.
deathindustrial's Avatar deathindustrial 12:12 AM 07-11-2012
Quote:

Also, when you come back any cloud saves or PS3 save you have will still work.

Not sure if that is 100% true - has Sony actually guaranteed they will keep saves around indefinitely for expired accounts?
joeblow's Avatar joeblow 12:19 AM 07-11-2012
Not indefinitely. For at least six months.
ppshooky's Avatar ppshooky 09:20 AM 07-11-2012
Does the PS3 turn it self back on to do the automatic updates?

I had turned off the PS3 with a few downloads in the queue. When I turned it on yesterday afternoon, it told me that it had updated 3 games, uploaded 1 game save, and the 2 downloads in the queue had completed and installed.
TornadoTJ's Avatar TornadoTJ 10:15 AM 07-11-2012
Yes, it has to power on to do updates. wink.gif
tgable's Avatar tgable 10:23 AM 07-11-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppshooky View Post

I had turned off the PS3 with a few downloads in the queue. When I turned it on yesterday afternoon, it told me that it had updated 3 games, uploaded 1 game save, and the 2 downloads in the queue had completed and installed.

Yes, there is a setting to pick the time of day.
ppshooky's Avatar ppshooky 12:12 PM 07-11-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTJ View Post

Yes, it has to power on to do updates. wink.gif
Thanks. I thought the PS3 would behave like my PC's anti-virus scheduled scans. That is to say, if my PC is off, the scan would start as soon as I turned on the PC.

I didn't realize the PS3 would turn it self on and manage it's software on it's own.
TornadoTJ's Avatar TornadoTJ 01:56 PM 07-11-2012
It is a great feature!
spinoza_43221's Avatar spinoza_43221 12:50 PM 07-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppshooky View Post

And it is kinda creepy. I have been awake once when it happened and I was waiting for my PS3 to start talking to me with that computer voice from 2001 'A space odyssey'.

If you haven't given gotham city imposters a shot I would say its a pretty good game. I would describe it as redneck batman worshippers vs redneck joker worshippers.

(If anyone is playing and uses the huntsman rifle I would strongly recommend using the red dot site mod with it. Despite the gun having a high base accuracy I couldn't hit the side of a barn with it, once I tried the red dot site on it I had no problems, it was a huge difference.)
ppshooky's Avatar ppshooky 05:10 PM 07-12-2012
Thanks, I've downloaded it, but haven't tried it yet.

Hooked on a different game at the moment.
spinoza_43221's Avatar spinoza_43221 04:07 PM 08-06-2012
What's playstation plus doing for August because so far I haven't seen much.
Zookster's Avatar Zookster 05:20 PM 08-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinoza_43221 View Post

What's playstation plus doing for August because so far I haven't seen much.

The Walking Dead episodes 1 and 2 will count as one of the three new free games for the month with the other two free games yet to be announced (probably within the next week). I think Sony is responding to complaints that all the Plus stuff was announced and made available at the first update of the month, with nothing really great the rest of the month. Now I'm sure they're dealing with the opposite complaint that they don't seem to be offering anything for this month -- especially when compared to EU's offering of games like Dead Space 2 this month.
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON 09:25 PM 08-06-2012
For my first year plus was fantastic, now I am barely using it. If not for the cloud saves I would probably drop it. (I have too many copy protected saves that I like to keep on the cloud just in case)
First ... 20  21  22 23  24  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop