Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 1082 Old 06-13-2013, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

How do you group your game content under those folders? When I hit Triangle>Sort, it only lets me put all PS3-related items (PSN, full retail, demos, etc.) in a single folder, while the only PSOne game I have goes in another. I don't see any way of creating custom folders or albums.

Triangle the actual installed game, go to info, and there's a "folder category" along with size and various other stats. Type in a name and it will be put into a similar named folder when sorted by folder.

Should be the same for any and all media on the HDD.

As for the UC3 install, I think you might need both the space for the DL and the full space to the install available. Maybe that was the case? Honestly, sounds weird as I've never run into that issues.
Zookster likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1082 Old 06-13-2013, 12:01 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post

Is this the first time US is getting the same hams as EU ?!

Uncharted 3 and XCOM are a hell of a value. But the 50GB download will take forever!

It would have been nice if they would have included the Uncharted multiplayer. The store PS+ update mentioned single player and free to play multiplayer. The free to play multiplayer is no different than what everyone else gets. I downloaded the bundle thinking I would be able to play online without having to use my disk but it still has the level and cash cap.
post #903 of 1082 Old 06-13-2013, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Triangle the actual installed game, go to info, and there's a "folder category" along with size and various other stats. Type in a name and it will be put into a similar named folder when sorted by folder.

Should be the same for any and all media on the HDD.

Now that I'm in the process of filling my new 1 TB HDD with just about every bit of content I've ever purchased and Plus freebees I still want to play, this is a huge help. Thanks!
post #904 of 1082 Old 06-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 39

Are there any deals to be found for a 1 year PS+ membership?

post #905 of 1082 Old 06-16-2013, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:

Are there any deals to be found for a 1 year PS+ membership?

Right now it's 50 bucks. That's a great deal.

500 gigs FTW.
post #906 of 1082 Old 06-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 39

Hasn't it always been $50 though? I see very frequent deals for Live Gold but rarely any for PS+.

post #907 of 1082 Old 06-16-2013, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Hasn't it always been $50 though? I see very frequent deals for Live Gold but rarely any for PS+.

I, myself, doubt there will be specials like buy 1 year get 3 extra free months now. Especially since plus is required for online play for the ps4, and how your ps3 plus subscription transfers over.

In my opinion

psn = b2real
post #908 of 1082 Old 06-16-2013, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 204
If you are in Best Buy's reward zone program, I hear you can buy PS+ subs for $40. Also, If you buy a $500 launch PS4 bundle from Amazon with either Battlefield 4 or Killzone Shadow Fall, it comes with a PS+ subscription for a year. The deal saves you $10.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #909 of 1082 Old 06-22-2013, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I just bought plus for the first time. Downloaded saints row and just about everything else. First time I've ever filled up the 80 gig drive. I assume I'll have to redownload everything if I upgrade the harddrive. No?
post #910 of 1082 Old 06-22-2013, 10:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia88 View Post

I just bought plus for the first time. Downloaded saints row and just about everything else. First time I've ever filled up the 80 gig drive. I assume I'll have to redownload everything if I upgrade the harddrive. No?
You can backup the disk to a USB drive, put in the new 2.5 inch disk in the PS3, and do a restore.
post #911 of 1082 Old 06-22-2013, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia88 View Post

It's up to you. Your PS+ selected titles will stay on your dload list to be grabbed anytime you want as long as you are a subscriber. In fact, you didn't have to download all the stuff you just put on your drive. If you go to the PSN store and select PS+ games you want to keep, simply complete the "purchase" transaction and it will be accessible anytime in the future whether you download it right away or not. Just dload stuff you plan to play in the near future to maximize room on your drive.

post #912 of 1082 Old 06-22-2013, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 36
It's too late in the ps3's life to do any upgrading. If I can just download whenever and they don't expire then I'll just do that. Man the PS3 is getting old. OLD I tell ya.
Watching Netflix with a roaring fan it may be on it's last legs.
Edit
Best Buy had a 500 for cheap. It's in my ps fat formatting now. Amazing all the ability I've not used on this machine.
post #913 of 1082 Old 06-23-2013, 03:58 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

If you are in Best Buy's reward zone program, I hear you can buy PS+ subs for $40. Also, If you buy a $500 launch PS4 bundle from Amazon with either Battlefield 4 or Killzone Shadow Fall, it comes with a PS+ subscription for a year. The deal saves you $10.

$10 off is about the best you can do without a price mistake somewhere. I picked up a few years back when Target was unintentionally selling these for $17 each...
post #914 of 1082 Old 06-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I just got one of the older PS3 bundles w/ the 320GB HD in it.

This thread is a long one, and I don't want to scan through 31 pages. I understand if I'm a member I'm eligible for free game downloads. I understand that these downloads stay with me for the duration of my membership. Do I have access to all the games that have been lit of for 'free' or just the ones that are currently up? There have been some real good ones in the past; did I miss the boat?
post #915 of 1082 Old 06-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post

I just got one of the older PS3 bundles w/ the 320GB HD in it.

This thread is a long one, and I don't want to scan through 31 pages. I understand if I'm a member I'm eligible for free game downloads. I understand that these downloads stay with me for the duration of my membership. Do I have access to all the games that have been lit of for 'free' or just the ones that are currently up? There have been some real good ones in the past; did I miss the boat?

You only have download access to what's currently up. But once you download something it's yours as long as you have a sub. So for example, if you deleted a game off your hd but want to replay it sometime down the road you can redownload since you've already "purchased" it. I pretty much download everything that is offered but delete what I'm not going to play now to free up hd space knowing I can just dl it again

The Weekend Warriors
post #916 of 1082 Old 06-24-2013, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Bummer so I missed to boat on some real winners. I suppose I should join up so I don't continue to miss the boat; esp since I'm PS4 bound.
post #917 of 1082 Old 06-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Advanced Member

If I sign up for PS+ via a 12 month card, does it allow me to do so w/o requiring a credit card? That's the way I did it for Xbox Live; I'm hoping the same holds true here.

Also, if I buy $50 of Playstation Network credit, does the same deal apply re: my credit card?

Also, are the heavy hitters this month Deus Ex and Saints Row 3?
post #918 of 1082 Old 06-24-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Quote:

If I sign up for PS+ via a 12 month card, does it allow me to do so w/o requiring a credit card? That's the way I did it for Xbox Live; I'm hoping the same holds true here.

Also, if I buy $50 of Playstation Network credit, does the same deal apply re: my credit card?

Yes to both, I use prepaid cards for all my online purchases on all three systems. Never once had to give them a CC.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #919 of 1082 Old 06-24-2013, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Note that Deus Ex will expire from the IGC on July 2, so be sure to sign up before that to add it to your download queue. There's also XCOM and LBP Karting new this month. EDIT: Oh, and how could I forget Uncharted 3!

I always bought PSN cards from drugstores and Amazon (never used credit card, except for temporary numbers I can get from one of my cc companies). But now I fill my wallet via PayPal and buy all my content in Sony's online store, which is faster and easier to search. And I always set my subs so they don't auto renew.
post #920 of 1082 Old 06-24-2013, 01:40 PM

Liked: 832
So I was looking at the info (triangle on XMB) of my installed PS+ games and noticed that they have a license end date in 2014. Does that mean we lose access to them on that date?

Since it's in my purchase history, would I be able to just redownload and install it?
post #921 of 1082 Old 06-24-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

So I was looking at the info (triangle on XMB) of my installed PS+ games and noticed that they have a license end date in 2014. Does that mean we lose access to them on that date?

Since it's in my purchase history, would I be able to just redownload and install it?

The license end date should correspond to the date your Plus membership is set to lapse.
post #922 of 1082 Old 06-24-2013, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah, there is no access expirationdate for free stuff you've "purchased" under PS+ other than letting your subscription lapse.

And even then I think Sony keeeps record of your account for six months in case you resubscribe. That's what I think I read for cloud storage, but I guess the same may apply to your dload list.

~~~

Also, since the PSN store updates early today because of maintenance tomorrow, any new PS+ members might want to join and complete transactions early since Vanquish and Blazeblue will be taken off the list (Deus Ex comes down next week).

post #923 of 1082 Old 06-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Advanced Member

Well thanks all for the guidance; I signed up and am good to go !!! Downloaded Deus Ex and almost done w/ Saints Row 3. Every day that goes by makes me happy my 360 took a dump !
post #924 of 1082 Old 06-25-2013, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
I went to download Uncharted 3 and it is telling me I don't have enough storage, but when I look at my PS3 info it shows 46 gbs of the 111 being open. Any idea what I need to do so I can download the game?

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #925 of 1082 Old 06-25-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I went to download Uncharted 3 and it is telling me I don't have enough storage, but when I look at my PS3 info it shows 46 gbs of the 111 being open. Any idea what I need to do so I can download the game?

According to the PS Store listing, it's a 40GB game, so it requires 80 GB of free space on your hard drive to download and install (don't ask me how or why, that's just the way it works). You'll either need to delete more items from your hard drive temporarily or upgrade the HDD. A 120 GB hard drive won't go very far when you have a PS Plus membership, I'm afraid.
post #926 of 1082 Old 06-25-2013, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

According to the PS Store listing, it's a 40GB game, so it requires 80 GB of free space on your hard drive to download and install (don't ask me how or why, that's just the way it works). You'll either need to delete more items from your hard drive temporarily or upgrade the HDD. A 120 GB hard drive won't go very far when you have a PS Plus membership, I'm afraid.
Well that sucks, but I will just forget it until I finish off some of the other games I've got for free and then download it.

post #927 of 1082 Old 06-25-2013, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 162
The only reason I got my PS3 was to play Uncharted 3 smile.gif. Really fun game so if you can finagle some space it's worth it.

I'm a 'hooker' and a knitter. I guess that makes me bi-stitchual :). Crap I say
post #928 of 1082 Old 06-26-2013, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post

The only reason I got my PS3 was to play Uncharted 3 smile.gif. Really fun game so if you can finagle some space it's worth it.
I have played some of the game before, but never finished it. I just want to make sure I get great use out of my plus subscription.

post #929 of 1082 Old 06-26-2013, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

Well that sucks, but I will just forget it until I finish off some of the other games I've got for free and then download it.

Is there a way to cherry pick which components of U3 you select to download? I believe 40 GB is for everything, but maybe if you can just download the three components that are necessary to get up and running for the free SP campaign (as I've read in another forum):

Free to play MP
SP experience
2D movies (or 3D if you have a 3D TV, though I imagine those files will be larger)
post #930 of 1082 Old 06-26-2013, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 567
Yup, small HDD's aren't enough. To think of those that want all DD next gen. 500GB that comes with the system isn't remotely close to enough. I have a 1TB in my PS3.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page