PlayStation Plus (one sub supports Vita / PS3 / PS4) - Page 36 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1051 of 1078 Old 08-08-2013, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 396
I keep passing TLoU by because of my backlog but I've got enough GS credit left I may just pull the trigger. Backlog will always be there...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1078 Old 08-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Advanced Member

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I have a $40 GC from Dell I need to blow. Will probably get TLoU.

Join the AVS Folding @ Home team!! Team #55280

PSN ID= moepoker
XBL ID= moepoker
post #1053 of 1078 Old 08-08-2013, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

I keep passing TLoU by because of my backlog but I've got enough GS credit left I may just pull the trigger. Backlog will always be there...
Forget your backlog, get it and return to your backlog after.lol
post #1054 of 1078 Old 08-09-2013, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

The game won't be worse later in time. But it will be cheaper. I'm waiting too. Maybe not to be free, but I'll be waiting on a discount at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

You risk having many moments spoiled by waiting, and this is a game you want to go into unspoiled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Way I see it TLOU is pretty much everything people want in a great SP game, and it's a classic to be held up there with Half-Life, Bioshock, ME1, ect. Personally, I think it went well beyond that.

If you want these games, you have to support their developers. Especially in a market where more and more publishers are saying they can't do this type of game anymore. That it's too costly, or the margins too thin, or that people turn them in to quickly.

So go out there and support em. Save the waiting for games like Bioshock Infinite of GTA5; games that you know will somewhat phone it in, yet still sell ridiculous numbers and won't need your cash anytime soon.

I'll probably get TLOU as well before it is offered free. But as much as I'd like to support the developer, 1) I figure ND "owes me" after I bought Uncharted 3 day 1. And as the adage goes, fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me. 2) Also, from the looks of it, I'll likely just play the campaign a couple of times, and can't justify paying full price when I won't touch the MP. And to be honest, I'll probably buy Bioshock Infinite before TLOU. That game appeals to me more for some reason, especially with the announcement of the SP DLC. I'd be more willing to "support the developer" in ND's case for the reasons TyrantII states if they hadn't gone the MP route for Uncharted 2/3 and TLOU. They'll make plenty of dough on all the MP DLC. Lastly, I've done a very good job of avoiding spoilers so far; no reason that shouldn't continue. I'll just need to avoid the VGAs at the end of this year.
post #1055 of 1078 Old 08-09-2013, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
I've got about 60 hours into the single player so far and I have no plans to touch the multiplayer. I still haven't gotten tired of replaying it.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #1056 of 1078 Old 08-09-2013, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:

I've got about 60 hours into the single player so far and I have no plans to touch the multiplayer. I still haven't gotten tired of replaying it.

I didn't play uncharted 3 MP but tried TLOU. It's fun and addictive.
post #1057 of 1078 Old 09-02-2013, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Here is your September PS+ update:

Quote:
Instant Game Collection

Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection (PS3)
Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $26.99
Gear up for the ultimate Resident Evil shooting experience with Resident Evil: Chronicles HD Collection. Use the PlayStation Move Motion Controller or traditional wireless controller to take down hordes of zombies across two full titles, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles. Relive the events from the original series with classic characters in HD.

Discounts

Puppeteer (PS3 Pre-Order, Day 1 Digital)
PS Plus Price: $35.99, Regular Price: $39.99
Puppeteer is a brand new franchise developed exclusively for the PlayStation 3 system by SCE JAPAN Studio. Set in a magical puppeteer’s theatre, this title will introduce you to a strange and fantastic world, where the environment is constantly changing. Players will enjoy a rich, dark fairytale where surprises lurk around every corner. With the game coming out on 9/10, you’ve only got one week to act on this deal!

F1 2013 (PS3 Pre-Order, Day 1 Digital)
PS Plus Price: $53.99, Regular Price: $59.99
Make history in FORMULA ONE! Experience all-new 1980s classic content plus all the cars, stars and circuits from the 2013 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP in F1 2013. F1 2013 includes F1 Classics, an expansive new mode introduced by legendary broadcaster Murray Walker, where you’ll race icons of the sport in famous cars at historic circuits.

F1 2013 Classic (PS3 Pre-Order, Day 1 Digital)
PS Plus Price: $67.49, Regular Price: $74.99
Make history in FORMULA ONE! F1 2013: CLASSIC EDITION is a premium package which expands F1 2013 with extra classic content from the 1990s and additional classic tracks. F1 2013 includes all the cars, stars and circuits from the 2013 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and classic content from the 1980s.

KickBeat (PS Vita and PS3, Cross-Buy)
PS Plus Price: $7.99, Regular Price: $9.99
Part of PS Vita Summer Select
Beat matching meets kung fu in KickBeat, an award-winning rhythm game where rhythm and action merge seamlessly. It features licensed tracks from bands like Papa Roach and Pendulum, as well as a music analyzer that lets you create tracks from your own music.

Zombie Driver HD (PS3)
PS Plus Price: $3.99, Regular Price: $9.99
Insane mix of cars, speed, explosions, blood and zombies! Fight through an epic narrative campaign or test yourself in the Slaughter and Blood Race modes. Engage huge bosses, save survivors, drive crazy vehicles such as a bulldozer, fire truck or even a tank and smash everything in your way. Take part in the Blood Race tournament – chase other cars and take them down without mercy on brutal racing tracks. Jump into the Slaughter mode and survive as long as possible on specially crafted arenas.

Retro City Rampage (PS Vita and PS3, Cross-Buy)
PS Plus Price: $8.99, Regular Price: $14.99
This 8-bit nostalgic throwback warps open-world carjacking BACK TO THE… ’80s. Lock and load your light gun! It’s a retro overload with over 60 story missions and over 40 arcade challenges. ‘Borrow’ vehicles and outrun the law while mowing down your fellow citizens! Jump on pedestrians for coins, or use them for target practice with over 25 weapons and POWER-UPS! WHOA!

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #1058 of 1078 Old 09-02-2013, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
Nice to see some day-one discounts, but to paraphrase something I put in the PS Blog comments in response to the main free game for this month (traditionally, the first week is when we get the splashy AAA title):

As much as I try to stay out of the US vs EU Plus free game whining and complaining, I am a bit surprised that ACIII got announced as the free game for September at GAMESCON, an internationally streamed video game conference that Sony promoted a great deal on the official US blog, and not only was ACIII not the full retail free game for the US as well (I realize the announcement made it clear it was for EU), but instead we get a 2nd-rate last gen-quality Wii port as our “big game” for the month that sold for $20 on the PSN. I figured we’d at least get a high-quality AAA title, even if it was over a year or two old, like Batman Arkham City or Motorstorm Apocalypse. That said, I’m not complaining, because I’m still quite happy with my PS Plus membership (the grass will always be greener, etc.). I’m just really surprised Sony did this from a PR perspective.
post #1059 of 1078 Old 09-02-2013, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

From what I hear, the U.S. on average gets much better discounts on content. Maybe Sony is testing the pros and cons of the quality of IGC titles and the quality of PS+ discounts in the regions to see how the public reacts to both.

post #1060 of 1078 Old 09-02-2013, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 61
In response to the posts about TLOU's MP above- I'm not a huge fan of games that tack on MP at the last minute. It's a cheap trick and it pisses me off, especially when you have to play it for the plat.

I did not like the Uncharted series. The first one was good, the second as well, the third was phoned in garbage that shouldn't have cost $30. I was not a fan of the MP in the UC series.

TLOU's MP is a campaign mixed with your regular MP experience...but they slow it down. I've found it to be pure genius. It's nothing like Uncharted's MP. You're rewarded for teamwork, for slowing it down, and for moving out of your comfort zone in trying different weapons and roles. I finished my first Journey today and loved it.

If you're hesitating on the MP because you think it's a tacked on mode and more of the same, nothing could be further from the truth. Try it out, I think you'll be impressed. That said, if you're a fan of run and gun, it's not for you.

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
post #1061 of 1078 Old 09-02-2013, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
I'll be grabbing Resident Evil, been wanting to play them since the Wii release.

Also, on Drive Club Plus Edition

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-02-driveclub-ps-plus-edition-is-the-full-game-minus-a-few-cars-and-tracks

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #1062 of 1078 Old 09-04-2013, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

I'll be grabbing Resident Evil, been wanting to play them since the Wii release.

Also, on Drive Club Plus Edition

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-02-driveclub-ps-plus-edition-is-the-full-game-minus-a-few-cars-and-tracks

Last week i gave away my MOVE controller and Navigator to a kid down the street, because i never used it -- now two RE games come out on Ps+ that REQUIRE the use of it -- yeah you can play with the Dualshock but -- ugh it is HORRIBLE -- looks like i am going to have to rebuy some Move gear ---

PSN: Wrassle
360: Burnt of Wrassl
post #1063 of 1078 Old 09-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoyledimou View Post

Last week i gave away my MOVE controller and Navigator to a kid down the street, because i never used it -- now two RE games come out on Ps+ that REQUIRE the use of it -- yeah you can play with the Dualshock but -- ugh it is HORRIBLE -- looks like i am going to have to rebuy some Move gear ---

Or you can just buy the kid down the street the RE games, LOL, just kidding.

Vizio M601D-A3R w/ Vizio VSB207BT soundbar and Yamaha YST-SW215 Sub | Vizio M501D-A2R | PS3 Slim | PS4 | Harmony 650 Remote | DirecTV Genie WHDVR
post #1064 of 1078 Old 09-05-2013, 08:22 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoyledimou View Post

If only they had taken this stance with the HD port of RE4.
post #1065 of 1078 Old 04-24-2014, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

May Playstation Plus offerings:

Stick it to the Man (PS4)
Puppeteer (PS3)
Skullgirls Encore (PS3)
Pro Evo Soccer 2014 (PS3)
Surge Deluxe (Vita)
Limbo (Vita)

Puppeteer has been in my sights for awhile.

post #1066 of 1078 Old 04-24-2014, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

May Playstation Plus offerings:

Stick it to the Man (PS4)
Puppeteer (PS3)
Skullgirls Encore (PS3)
Pro Evo Soccer 2014 (PS3)
Surge Deluxe (Vita)
Limbo (Vita)

Puppeteer has been in my sights for awhile.

That is just a bad name for a game. lol
post #1067 of 1078 Old 04-24-2014, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 90
So, I have a question about PS+ and sub-accounts. (This is on PS3 if it matters). I've created a sub-account for my 8yr old son, so he can have his own game saves, and parental restrictions are applied (like no online). That's all great. However, the sub-account doesn't have the PS+ entitlement my master account does. So none of his game saves are uploaded, and if I were to lose my PS3 (again) he would lose all his saves, which sucks.

It looks like I might be able to manually copy his saves into my account's cloud save storage slot, although if I have my own saves there, it looks like it will overwrite them.

So, is this expected? Anything I can do to fix this other than buying PS+ for his account too? (Not gonna happen).
post #1068 of 1078 Old 04-24-2014, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I had a similar situation with my little one once I switched from an OG PS3 to a super slim. I ended up manually copying and reloading files from the hard drive to get her non-PS+ saves onto the main system, then I manually copied files from the cloud onto my account name. I forget the exact method, but try that to see if it works.

post #1069 of 1078 Old 04-25-2014, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Thanks for the tip jb, will give this a shot.

I'm assuming that updating saves will still be manual, though? IOW it won't automatically upload them to the cloud moving forward? If so I might just go back to the USB flash drive method for his saves, set a monthly reminder or something...
post #1070 of 1078 Old 04-26-2014, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah, you have to do it yourself for the kid's save files. Your account will still be PS+ supported, though. Here are the official instructions for manual backups.

post #1071 of 1078 Old 05-19-2014, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Puppeteer and Surge Deluxe are free this week!

post #1072 of 1078 Old 05-19-2014, 11:41 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 37
I highly recommend Puppeteer. It took me a little while to get used to the game's rhythms, but once I did, I enjoyed it a lot. It's one of the most visually inventive games in years.
post #1073 of 1078 Old 05-29-2014, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

PS+ June details:
Quote:
Trine 2: Complete Story (PS4)
Free for PS Plus members
Trine 2: Complete Story is a beautiful, award-winning sidescrolling game of action, puzzles and platforming. Play as the three Heroes – Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief – and join their adventure through dangers untold in a fantastical fairytale world, including physics-based puzzles using fire, water, gravity and magic wicked goblins and their evil plan and a magical environment full of wonder.

Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate (PS4)
Free for PS Plus members
PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate is a twin-stick shooter with equal elements of action, exploration and puzzle solving. Saving scientists and uncovering the mysteries of an ill-fated research trip requires you to study and manipulate your environment. Blast and dig through rock and ice, unleashing floods of water, lava, gas, magnetic oil and even deadly stomach acid, all powered by an advanced fluid mechanics simulation.

NBA 2K14 (PS3)
Free for PS Plus members
NBA 2K13 was a monstrous release for the world’s 1 NBA video game franchise, with more than 38 Sports Game of the Year and ‘Best Of’ mentions. NBA 2K14 will raise the bar yet again, providing the best basketball gaming experience for legions of sports fans and gamers around the world.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)
Free for PS Plus members
The pages of the Thievius Raccoonus are disappearing and now Sly and The Gang must get back together to save the Cooper Clan legacy from being destroyed forever! Travel through time, meeting and playing as Sly’s ancestors as you race to recover the past to save their future.

Terraria (PS Vita)
Free for PS Plus members
DIG, FIGHT, EXPLORE, BUILD! Nothing is impossible in the special edition version of this action-packed sandbox adventure! Over a dozen environments and hundreds of items to craft and enemies to defeat! The world is your canvas – make it your own.

Mutant Mudds Deluxe (PS Vita)
Free for PS Plus members
Love pixels? Fond of platformers? Is there a special place in your heart for the 8-bit and 16-bit era? Want to have fun? Yes!? Well, you’ve come to the right place, my friend. Mutant Mudds Deluxe is a “12-bit” action platformer full of pixels and platforming fun! Our hero, Max, may be just a 2D sprite, but he can leap into the third dimension by jetting between the background and the foreground playfields with his trusty jetpack in this unique dimensionally-woven experience.

My youngest and I loved playing co-op in the PS4 demo version of Trine 2. The game is really fun and the beautiful visuals look fantastic in stereoscopic 3D, but I was waiting patiently for a sale and am happy it is free for PS+ members. Hopefully it releases in early June and not late June.

post #1074 of 1078 Old 05-29-2014, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

The format of PlayStation Plus offerings for members will change starting in June... each month will now bring us two games each for the PS4, PS3 and Vita (six total):
Quote:
Next month, PlayStation Plus will reach its 4th year milestone. PS Plus has evolved a lot as a membership since then. We’ve provided our PS Plus members with numerous exclusive discounts, access to betas, demos and even select games early, and of course,free games to play through our Instant Game Collection. As our members have grown with us from our introduction on PS3, PS Vita and now PS4, together we have built a strong community of gamers around the world.

The excitement around PlayStation 4 has been tremendous, and it has been exciting to see how quickly our dedicated community has rallied around the system, adopting and engaging with its features and spreading the word about what makes PS4 the best console available. PlayStation Plus has been an essential part of PlayStation 4, providing access to next-gen online multiplayer and a steady stream of great games including Resogun, Outlast, Don’t Starve and Mercenary Kings. Since we are always looking to continue evolving PS Plus to be a service that really serves our community, we are excited to provide a more balanced set of games introduced each month with PS Plus. As you’ll see below, starting in June, members will have access to two titles per month for each of our platforms.

Since we’ve seen how excited many of you are to download Instant Game Collection titles as soon as they’re available, we’ve decided to adjust the length of time each title will be available. Starting in July, every title in the Instant Game Collection will be available the first Tuesday of the month, and will be free for the month, until the first Tuesday of the following month, taking the guesswork out of how long the game will be available for free. In the coming weeks, you’ll see that several of the titles that have had a nice, long stint in the Instant Game Collection will be phased out, so if you’re new to the service and haven’t had a chance to download all of the titles available through PS Plus — or if you’ve been thinking about subscribing but haven’t yet — now is the perfect time to get all the great games available with PS Plus.

Protip: you don’t have to download the game to your hard drive (or memory card) to gain the entitlement — you can also go to the web store, add them to your cart and check out. Once the game says “Purchased” below it when you’re logged in, you’ll be set for the future as long as you’re a PS Plus member.

Members have a lot to look forward to in the coming months, including the Destiny multiplayer beta (for members who have pre-ordered the game), Driveclub PS Plus Edition, Secret Ponchos and more.

Happy birthday PS+!

post #1075 of 1078 Old Today, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

New offerings below for September 2014:

post #1076 of 1078 Old Today, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 24
Weaksauce

Buncha savages in this town....

Sam Posten
post #1077 of 1078 Old Today, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath View Post
Weaksauce

Yeah, I'll download as I always do but that is pretty unappealing.
post #1078 of 1078 Old Today, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 89
Every month can't be a home run I guess. I was checking out Velocity Ultra the other day wondering if it was worth a purchase, so there's that. Vita definitely wins September.

I'm still holding on to my prediction that Thief will be the first Plus AAA game for PS4, probably November. It's about time for one as the natives are getting restless and beginning to notice the selection of only PSN and indie games. They don't need a big PS4 game every month but a couple times a year would be about right.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page