post #61 of 724 Old 12-13-2010, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

the free avatar sucks, btw. anyone having any luck getting the free theme? at least that looks pretty cool from the little pic that was in the email. i registered yesterday but haven't gotten anything back. i'm assuming that they're holding off for a bit to see if they can get some extra sales of it in the ps store.

the only thing this series is in desperate need of is new gun sounds. these games have to have the worst sounding ak-47 i've ever heard.

That avatar was pretty lame. I did go to the site to register, but it came up that I was already registered. Does that mean I don't get the theme because I'm not a new registration? Guess I could try another email address...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 724 Old 12-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I had the same thing happen with the already registered, so I registered another email account but haven't gotten anything yet

The Weekend Warriors
post #63 of 724 Old 12-13-2010, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
pre-ordered with release-date delivery from Amazon!
post #64 of 724 Old 12-13-2010, 04:10 PM

Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShorty View Post

pre-ordered with release-date delivery from Amazon!

Think I might go do that too!
post #65 of 724 Old 12-13-2010, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshorty View Post

pre-ordered with release-date delivery from amazon!

+1
post #66 of 724 Old 12-14-2010, 01:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Catch some new exclusive footage on Jimmy Fallon show right now (just starting on the West Coast).

EDIT: Clips will be out, but for those who are avoiding spoilers I'll just say that it showed the best real-time fire effects I've ever seen in a game, hands down.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #67 of 724 Old 12-14-2010, 02:43 AM

http://kotaku.com/5713237/first-unch...-house-on-fire

Would've been great without Fallon talking over the video.
post #68 of 724 Old 12-14-2010, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 62
that fallon bit is all i'm going to spoil for myself with this game. let the black out commence. and i did get the theme voucher today. it's pretty sweet.

500 gigs FTW.
post #69 of 724 Old 12-14-2010, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

that fallon bit is all i'm going to spoil for myself with this game. let the black out commence. and i did get the theme voucher today. it's pretty sweet.

i purchased the dynamic theme, pretty awesome
post #70 of 724 Old 12-14-2010, 08:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjachicken View Post

http://kotaku.com/5713237/first-unch...-house-on-fire

Would've been great without Fallon talking over the video.

I literally watched it muted.

post #71 of 724 Old 12-14-2010, 09:23 AM

Ugh, hate Fallon.

"I love these games" and then he proceeds to show us how he's never played those games.
post #72 of 724 Old 12-14-2010, 11:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 168
I've heard it mentioned a few places that Uncharted 3 will have 3D support. Has this been confirmed anywhere? It seemed unlikely to me, with such a graphically intense game engine that they would be able to pull of 3D as well. But who am I to complain if it's legit?
post #73 of 724 Old 12-15-2010, 12:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Playstation Blog official enough for you?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...n-uncharted-3/

Quote:

Oh, and there’s one more thing – UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception fully supports high-resolution Stereoscopic 3D.

post #74 of 724 Old 12-15-2010, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

post #75 of 724 Old 12-17-2010, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

I've heard it mentioned a few places that Uncharted 3 will have 3D support. Has this been confirmed anywhere? It seemed unlikely to me, with such a graphically intense game engine that they would be able to pull of 3D as well. But who am I to complain if it's legit?

My mom works for Sony, and she brought home a copy of "Starhawk BETA"
I quickly slipped it into my trusty PS3, and started playing.

GOOZEX Game/Movie Exchange
post #76 of 724 Old 12-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Here's some more information from USA Todayhttp://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/...ted17_ST_N.htm--Reprints info that we mostly already know, but there will be a longer trailer (10 minute long) available shortly (bolded below). I'm also on a media blackout for this one, but I'm posting this for others who want to check it out:

(It also may contain minor plot spoilers, so I'm putting a spoiler tag around it--it gives a basic idea of the plot line--nothing that can't be guessed from the trailers & other games in the series, but better safe than sorry--some people don't want to know ANYTHING about the game other than the release date.)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:

Nathan Drake preps for another 'Uncharted' adventure
By Mike Snider, USA TODAY

The video game world's Indiana Jones is again headed into Uncharted territory. Treasure-seeker Nathan Drake, the main character in the best-selling Uncharted PlayStation 3 video game series, has another adventure in the works. In Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, scheduled to be released Nov. 1, 2011, Drake and his mentor Victor "Sully" Sullivan head to the Middle East in search of a lost city that Lawrence of Arabia called the Atlantis of the Sands.

Drake's study of his ancestor, Sir Francis Drake, and the explorer's circumnavigation of the world "tips us off to this mystery of T.E. Lawrence," says writer and creative director Amy Hennig. "Following his trail takes us all through Europe. ... The Arabian desert is our ultimate destination."

Hennig and game development studio Naughty Dog today are releasing a two-minute video segment from the game. The action takes place in a French chateau during an early level in Uncharted 3.

"They are tracking down these clues towards the treasure, which they know lies in the Arabian desert, but they have no idea where," Hennig says. "They think they are alone and, of course, they are ambushed and everything goes from bad to worse."

In a longer, 10-minute preview of the level to be released later this month, the overgrown chateau slowly goes up in spectacular flames. A pulse-pounding soundtrack plays along as Drake and Sully — again voiced by actors Nolan North and Richard McGonagle — climb, jump and scramble to escape.

Creating visual effects such as fire and smoke stoked the developers. "Sand curling over the dunes and peaks, mirages and sandstorms and all that stuff was going to be a huge technical challenge, which of course got everyone jazzed," she says. "We love to set an impossible task for ourselves; otherwise we get bored."

For those unfamiliar with Drake, he purposely takes cues from Indy and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Indiana Jones sought the Ark of the Covenant, the Holy Grail and Sankara stones. Drake has his geologist side, too, having searched for the Cintamani stone in the lost city of Shambhala in last year's Uncharted 2: Among Thieves— after finding the lost golden city of El Dorado in 2007's Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Six years ago, when the creative team at Naughty Dog began developing the idea for Uncharted, they focused on this "wonderful, pulp action-adventure genre" that recalled the novels of H. Rider Haggard (King Solomon's Mines), magazine and comic book hero Doc Savage and, of course, the more modern throwback, Indiana Jones. "People just love these sort of frolicking adventures, but there's not a lot out there, certainly not in games," Hennig says.

Uncharted 3 has a saga-length single-player story that picks up about a year after Uncharted 2. Playable in 3-D, it also will have some multiplayer and co-operative play.

And Drake, like Indiana Jones before him, hopes to make the leap to another medium. Just as Indy went from movies to TV and games, Drake is headed for the big screen and books. Mark Wahlberg is set to star in a 2013 film, based loosely on the first Uncharted game, written and directed by David O. Russell. Out next fall is Uncharted: The Fourth Labyrinth, an original book by Christopher Golden, whose past work includes Buffy the Vampire Slayer books and comics. The non-super, sarcastic Drake, says Hennig, "is a hero we can relate to."

OtherWorlds - My Sci-Fi/Fantasy Writing Blog
post #77 of 724 Old 12-17-2010, 10:52 PM

None of that Jimmy Fallon voice-over, yay!

http://kotaku.com/5714360/see-unchar...f-jimmy-fallon
post #78 of 724 Old 12-17-2010, 11:12 PM

LOL,

So I googled the PS3 theme, am am a little disappointed. Wish Nate walked up the the camera and looked around before sulking back to the great background. Something a little more more omph then just chilling in the background the whole time.
post #79 of 724 Old 12-19-2010, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
cant wait for the game in 3d
post #80 of 724 Old 12-19-2010, 11:06 AM

I can't stand Jimmy Fallon either, but I didn't think the clip was THAT bad. Better than watching him try to do weekend update

The fire looked great and I'm looking forward to seeing how the melee system plays in 3. 2 had some huge upgrades in the hand to hand department, so hopefully they'll keep going with the variety of moves offered. I can't wait for this game!
post #81 of 724 Old 12-28-2010, 10:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

New footage showing off the new AMAZING lighting engine:

There are also a few new interviews floating around with tidbits of info:

Quote:
Uncharted 2 was an unqualified success, so Richmond says that the jump from 2 to 3 won't be quite as dramatic as the jump between the first two games. From a technical standpoint, the animations will receive the most noticeable improvements in the third game. "We're doing some crazy stuff where we're actually going to stream some animations in," Richmond said excitedly, "so Drake will actually change animation state based on what's happening." Drake might brush his hand against a wall as he passes by, for example; or he could more realistically react to dangers, like smoke and gunfire, as he encounters them. "We don't want to let you walk through fire without reacting," Richmond added, "but most of these animation changes are just like he's doing the right thing based on what's around him, rather than taking away player control. It's about making him seem more realistic."

Richmond also revealed that brawling -- fist-fighting with multiple enemies -- will be added to the combat. "The fact that you can fight multiple guys at the same time, hand-to-hand, makes a big difference," he suggested. "You couldn't do that last game. So things like a bar fight in the game -- you can put five or ten guys around him and actually have Drake punching them out." Drake will also be able to seamlessly use objects in the environment to aid in a tussle, like grabbing a bottle to smash over an enemy's head or even an enemy's gun to end the fight quickly.

~~~

"We haven't really found a cool way to use it," he added. "If we did, we would." The team did experiment with Move, getting "simple movement" to work in a prototype build, but the technology eats up a significant chunk of memory in calculating player movements (and Uncharted 3 won't have much to spare), so Naughty Dog decided against making any sacrifices, especially in considering the likely majority of players who wouldn't be using Move to play the game.

~~~

Multiplayer, however, will be a major feature of Uncharted 3, including post-release updates, though Naughty Dog has learned quite "a lot" from its implementation in the last game. "The biggest thing we learned was don't significantly change the bullet damage of the game after you launch," Richmond recalled. The team got caught up in tweaking the multiplayer after Uncharted 2 launched, and Richmond said Naughty Dog was drowned in feedback after the changes were made -- much of which has aided in the development of the new multiplayer.

"Next game we're going to blow it out," he promised of Uncharted 3's multiplayer. "We're going to really take it to the next level, listen to what the fans said, do all of the things we wanted to do last game but didn't have time to, because we really did the whole thing in just a year."

post #82 of 724 Old 12-29-2010, 12:28 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
that new footage is flat out SIC!!!
post #83 of 724 Old 12-29-2010, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Glad to hear they aren't going to dumb it down for the sake of offering Move support.

-Suntan
post #84 of 724 Old 12-29-2010, 11:13 AM

must resist spoilers.

Can you guys also include a warning if you think new posts contain spoilers? Really want to go into this one blind and hype free.
post #85 of 724 Old 12-29-2010, 12:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

New interview video pretty much going over stuff we've just learned. They make a point to say that there will be a wide range of environments to play in, not just the desert.

post #86 of 724 Old 12-29-2010, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

They make a point to say that there will be a wide range of environments to play in, not just the desert.

Alright, put your theories in as to what the beginning will be. How do you think they are going to top the ol' train-dangly intro?

-Suntan
post #87 of 724 Old 12-29-2010, 02:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Wearing helmets to provide oxygen, Drake, Sully and Elena are strapped to a rocket hurling through space. Their conversation reveals that the rocket is going to explode in two minutes, giving Drake just enough time to disable the triggering mechanism with the heel of his shoe. The rocket is still headed towards earth to make an explosive impact, but an asteroid field suddley shows up between them and the approaching blue planet.

Each of the three heroes is unable to move anything except their hands, which fortunately (and conveniently) can reach separate controls on the rocket. Drake controls an weapon-aiming device, Sulley can shoot the guns and the mini-rockets, Elena is able to activate the plasma shields.

The three of them are able to destroy/deflect all of the asteroids except one which fractures the rocket into two pieces. Instead of exploding, it spins wildly and flings the three into random directions. Unable to take a second to gather their thoughts, they are quickly surrounded by two dozen alien space ships whose laser cannons are clearly warming up, ready to blow them to pieces. Drake and the others each reach for their hand blasters, ready to go out swinging.

And that's where Nick's machinima video ends. He's Elena's nephew, and he made the sci-fi clip with Garry's Mod for them to be entertained watching it on their tablet computer while heading out for their next "real" adventure. They seem to get a kick out of it.

OK, it doesn't top the train dangle, but it's all I can come up with in three minutes.

post #88 of 724 Old 04-18-2011, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 41
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...odes-detailed/

Here's info and a video of Uncharted 3's multiplayer. Beta starts June 28th. Also splitscreen has been confirmed.
post #89 of 724 Old 04-18-2011, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru View Post

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...odes-detailed/

Here's info and a video of Uncharted 3's multiplayer. Beta starts June 28th.

I was just about to come and post this. June 28th for Playstation+ subscribers and Infamous 2 purchasers and July 5 for everyone else.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #90 of 724 Old 04-18-2011, 12:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Snippets:

Quote:

We revealed two of our new competitive modes, along with the perennial favorite Team Deathmatch. One is Three Team Deathmatch, which is a small-team 2 vs. 2 vs. 2 variation on Team Deathmatch. The other is the oft-requested Free For All – with every player out for themselves. Over the months left until release – that’s about six-and-a-half months if you’re counting – we’ll detail all of our competitive modes.

As you’re looking to get into matches, we’ve made some updates to make it easier to get into games quicker, and with your friends. The first is Late Join, which is a staple of many online games and for good reason. It ensures that matches stay full, that you can get into matches faster and you can get into your friends matches faster if there’s a slot for you, instead of waiting for your friend to finish their current round. We’ve heard that many of you want to play with a friend on the same couch and we’re really proud to say that we were able to not only implement same-console split screen but you can log into two independent PSN IDs for most gametypes – the ones you can’t are to prevent unfair collusion between players.
Playing with friends and creating a team environment is extremely important for us and we’re trying to encourage this with the Buddy system. Each player will be partnered with a Buddy and you’ll be able to collectively share your successes throughout the match with each other. You can even pick up Treasures — more on that later — for your Buddy. The Buddy system also allows you to choose to spawn on your Buddy if they are safely out of combat so you can jump into the action together quicker. This is key since most of our game modes are all about team play and teams that stick together will do far better than teams who don’t.

New to Uncharted 3 multiplayer is character customization. Both heroes and villains skins will have a hundreds of customizable parts, from accessories to shirts and pants to a deep weapon customization feature. Even named characters, like Drake or Sully, will get plenty of options to make your character your own. Hand in hand with customization is our emblem editor. If you’ve worked with emblem editors in other games, you’ll be pretty familiar with the one we’ve implemented in Uncharted 3. Our emblem editor extends the level of customization of your online profile with hundreds of decals, three layers, rotate and scale functions – you’ll see your final emblem on your character and even possibly in the environment during matches.

Speaking of weapon customizations – it goes beyond the cosmetic. We have weapon mods that not only change the look of your weapon of choice, but they are functional too, adding precise scopes, bigger clips and more!

Boosters are back in Uncharted 3, but we didn’t just carry over the Booster selection from Uncharted 2. There are a few old favorites in there, but we’ve created what we feel is a more satisfying mix of old and new based on your feedback and selection patterns. We’ve extended the Booster system with a special subset of Paid Boosters, give you a one-time Booster that you spend some cash to have the option of using during a match. There’s still other ways to get minor advantages during a match. You have to option to select a specific Medal Kickback, which activate when you’ve racked up the required number of Medals for that specific Kickback. You can see this in the Multiplayer Trailer when the RPG Kickback is activated at 00:50 into the video. You’re taking a little chance when you select these, as some really choice Kickbacks require you to get a significant number of Medals before you can activate them.

All of these customization and modifier options allowed us to extend our in-game reward system. No longer is everything tied to level gain or cash. During matches, you’ll have the opportunity to get items from treasure chests on the maps. You’ll also be able unlock a wide variety of items and modifiers through Missions. There are two types of Missions – some are instant missions and others, accessible from the Multiplayer menu, are more long term. Instant missions can appear in the middle of a match and provide a target that you can complete within a few matches tops. The Missions you select from the Multiplayer menu will take significantly more time, days of playtime possibly, and the rewards will be accordingly more significant.

A couple of things we’ve learned over the past year and a half of reviewing thousands upon thousands of Uncharted 2 matches is that it really sucks to be blown out on the way to losing a match and that winning or losing a tightly contested match by some kill made way off-screen is a bit of a letdown. We’ve thought of some ways to make these inevitable multiplayer moments a bit more exciting and satisfying. Power Plays activate when one team is way behind in the score count. They provide the team on top with an opportunity to maximize their cash for the match, while evening the odds a little for the team on the losing end of the equation and giving them the opportunity to close the gap a little.

If matches are too close to call as they get close to the end, Overtime will activate, giving either time an opportunity to win the match by more than one point within a limited time. If the game is still too close to call, the match enters Sudden Death. Sudden Death is similar to Elimination – there are no respawns and the last player standing wins the match for their team.

We’ve also made it easier to share your passion for Uncharted 3 multiplayer with your real life friends and family through social media hooks we’ve added to the game. We’ve integrated Facebook into the game in a way unseen on a console game so far – way more than just sharing videos and photos, or updates to your Wall. USA Today has an exclusive look at our plans to bring social networks into Uncharted 3. Cinema mode has gotten a revamp allowing you to create clips from full matches and upload them directly to your own YouTube OR Facebook account (or both). We’re streaming a tightly curated list of awesome Uncharted videos created by you – our community – back into your multiplayer menu via Uncharted TV. We’ll have more details on all of the above over the next few days.

Oh yeah, and we have a brand new Sprint button. Don’t hate on it until you’ve had a chance to go hands on! We feel it works extremely well and, of course, we’ve built Uncharted 3 multiplayer to take into account that you can sprint.

We’ve spent a lot of time talking about competitive multiplayer, but what about co-op? Fear not, co-op is most definitely IN Uncharted 3 multiplayer and it too has been vastly expanded upon. We didn’t cover anything co-op related at our multiplayer event last week – everything and anything co-op will be revealed further down the line.

When can you get a crack at Uncharted 3 multiplayer? In just a couple of months – the Multiplayer Beta for Uncharted 3 begins WORLDWIDE on June 28, 2011, with early access for PlayStation Plus members or by purchasing specially marked copies of Infamous 2.

Multiplayer video:

Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page