AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mitty View Post

Can't wait!

Me neither, since it looks like it will be the only game I'll be playing in 2011. Silly life just gets in the way.

PSN ID: dogdoctor
post #93 of 724 Old 04-18-2011, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 116
I am getting a little concerned when I see more updates showing so much time being spent on multiplayer and ..eek, Facebook. I hope this is not another game losing focus on what made it what it is....great single player. I could care less about it's MP
post #94 of 724 Old 04-18-2011, 05:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 193
I may not play much if any of the vs. modes (though that action while jumping off the plane looks fantastic), but I am really looking forward to learning more about the co-op modes. I enjoyed U2's co-op a lot, which was second only to Resistance 2's for me this gen, and I have no doubt that U3 will up the ante.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #95 of 724 Old 04-18-2011, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post

I am getting a little concerned when I see more updates showing so much time being spent on multiplayer and ..eek, Facebook. I hope this is not another game losing focus on what made it what it is....great single player. I could care less about it's MP

Yeah, I seem to recall that was the concern last time around, and Uncharted 2 was better than the original... I wouldn't worry.
post #96 of 724 Old 04-18-2011, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:

I also wouldn't worry. I imagine development for each mode is happening concurrently by separate (and very large) teams. They're also benefiting from having a large budget and many first-party resources; so, unlike third-party studios, they don't sacrifice anything by devoting so much time to MP. On the contrary, this is one of the few cases where a studio actually stands to gain by putting so much effort into MP.

Besides, if Uncharted 2 is any measure, the single-player didn't suffer even though there were multiple co-op modes, survival modes, and versus modes. And at the same time, the MP modes ended up being pretty fantastic.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #97 of 724 Old 04-19-2011, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 54
My summer will be busy with this and Infamous 2!!! Good thing I bought a condo so I won't have money to waste in activities... I'll just stay inside and play
post #98 of 724 Old 04-19-2011, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

I feel the same way, somewhat. Although I had the same fear when UC2 came out and it turned out to be unfounded.

Let's just say UC3 has large shoes to fill.

-Suntan
post #99 of 724 Old 04-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

My summer will be busy with this and Infamous 2!!! Good thing I bought a condo so I won't have money to waste in activities... I'll just stay inside and play

I don't want to ruin your summer, or be a big downer or anything, but the game doesn't come out till 11/1/11.

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
post #100 of 724 Old 04-21-2011, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounta1n View Post

I don't want to ruin your summer, or be a big downer or anything, but the game doesn't come out till 11/1/11.

inFamous 2 comes out June 6th.

Now playing: TLoU PS4
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs, Southpark: Stick of Truth, Infamous: SS
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #101 of 724 Old 04-21-2011, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:

It's true... don't know why I had the impression it was released in May!

Probably confused it with another game coming in May that I'm planning to buy...

It's better than, I'll be able to play more Infamous 2
post #102 of 724 Old 04-21-2011, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan View Post

I feel the same way, somewhat. Although I had the same fear when UC2 came out and it turned out to be unfounded.

Let’s just say UC3 has large shoes to fill.

-Suntan

big shoes indeed. This is probably my favorite series this gen.

I tried the multiplayer a few times and just couldn't get into it. Even CO-OP was boring for me. I'd rather splitscreen co-op anyday, the online stuff irritates me. But that's just me, between limited time to play and too many morons on PSN and Live, I just have no patience for online anymore. I've gone back to liking single player and a good story/campaign more. Everything online just seems like re-hashed, done too many times, repetitve nonsense.
post #103 of 724 Old 04-21-2011, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard View Post

It's true... don't know why I had the impression it was released in May!

Probably confused it with another game coming in May that I'm planning to buy...

L.A. Noire maybe (May 17th)?
post #104 of 724 Old 04-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

inFamous 2 comes out June 6th.

I wasn't referring to inFamous 2, see title of thread for clarification

post #105 of 724 Old 04-21-2011, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:

I wasn't referring to inFamous 2, see title of thread for clarification

Ya, I thought he said he would be busy with infamous 2 this summer, I missed the "this and". Sorry.

Now playing: TLoU PS4
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs, Southpark: Stick of Truth, Infamous: SS
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #106 of 724 Old 04-21-2011, 11:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

Ya, I thought he said he would be busy with infamous 2 this summer, I missed the "this and". Sorry.

I won on the internets!!! My mom will be so proud.

Looking forward to this game, I was just giving ya sh1t.

post #107 of 724 Old 04-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Uncharted 3 Multiplayer - Environmental Features Of The Maps

The Chateau is one of two maps that will be available in the multiplayer beta, the other being The Airstrip. An arena style map, The Chateau allows players to explore the interior and surroundings of the chateau. The map is very vertical and includes ziplines, a new interactive feature for the series. As the match progresses, new portions of the chateau will be lit and burn during the match.

The Airstrip is a two-part map, in which the location and map layout change during the match. The first part of the match takes place on a large cargo plane being chased by trucks. Here, players can jump from truck to truck, and even board the cargo plane itself. After the plane takes off, the location changes to the airstrip hangar, for a more traditional multiplayer setting and layout. In the second half of the match, fighter planes will come in for a 'strafing run'. Players caught in the plane's firing range will be killed.
http://www.unchartedcentral.com/index.html##
post #108 of 724 Old 04-23-2011, 04:50 PM

Liked: 10
I initially posted this under the Infamous 2 thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post20346608

Infamous 2 launches June 7 and it was recently revealed by Naughty Dog:
Quote:
In just a couple of months - the Multiplayer Beta for Uncharted 3 begins WORLDWIDE on June 28, 2011, with early access for PlayStation Plus members or by purchasing specially marked copies of Infamous 2.
Does anyone know how the "specially marked" copies will work?
post #109 of 724 Old 04-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummernrg View Post

Does anyone know how the "specially marked" copies will work?
pretty simple .... initial pressings of inFAMOUS 2 will have something (sticker) noteing the availability of an access code to get into the Uncharted 3 beta
post #110 of 724 Old 05-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
So, do you think we will have control over when the free month of Playstation Plus becomes active, or will it just automatically start at a given date when the PSN is 100% back?

Since we all get a free month of PS+, we should all be able to get into the beta 7 days early without having to buy anything. However, if the PSN is 100% back up 30 days before June 28th and the free PS+ is started automatically we'd miss the early entry. But if we can choose when to activate it, then we can be sure to wait until it overlaps with the week early window for the beta.
post #111 of 724 Old 05-30-2011, 12:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

It's Uncharted 3 week at ign.com. Here's the first article up.... beta details:

Quote:

When does the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta start?
If you have the voucher from Infamous 2 or a PlayStation Plus subscription, June 28th. If you're what I like to call a "normie," July 4th.

When does the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta end?
July 13th.

What's the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta level cap?
Level 25, bro.

What modes are included in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
There are nine modes. Team Deathmatch (duh), 3-Team Deathmatch (three teams of two face off), Team Objective (complete the assigned goals), Free For All (kill everyone), Plunder (capture the treasure), High Stakes (gamble with your XP and cash), and three co-op modes I can't tell you about yet but swear I will blow them out this week.

Those modes sound cool. How many people can play in them?
Team Deathmatch, Team Objective and Plunder are 5v5. Three-Team Deathmatch is 2v2v2. Free for All and High Stakes are 8 players. Co-op ranges, but we'll get to that.

Which maps are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
There's an airfield one and a French chateau. Both are multi-level with plenty to climb. They each pack dynamic events to keep the matches lively like attacking planes and collapsing structures. Check out our Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta map flythroughs to see the arenas.

What Uncharted 3 power plays are in the beta?
As touched on in the multiplayer reveal, Uncharted 3 packs power plays. These are one-minute events that'll occur in blowouts to give the losing team a fighting chance (although the winning team can benefit, too). The Uncharted 3 multiplayer packs four Power Plays.
  • Marked Man - A person on the winning team is marked, and the losing team gets 3 points if they kill him. Meanwhile, the winning team gets double cash for each kill and a special medal if the Marked Man doesn't die.
  • Cursed - The winning team sees all characters as skeletons and friendly fire is turned on. Each time the losing team gets a kill or the winning team kills one of its own, the losing team gets two points. Meanwhile, the winning team gets double cash for each member of the losing team killed.
  • Exposed - The winning team's location is revealed to the losing team. The winning team gets double cash for each losing team member killed.
  • Double Damage - Losing team inflicts double damage. Winning team earns double cash for each kill.

What boosters are available in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
Boosters -- equipable abilities that affect gameplay -- are back in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, but they've been revamped. When you choose one of these abilities and use it, you earn experience points for it. So, you're leveling up your profile and your abilities individually when you play the game. The Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta is going to feature eight boosters spread over two slots.

Booster Slot 1 Options
  • Come Here - See the opponent that killed you on your radar until he or she dies.
  • Retaliation - Spawn with the Power Weapon you were killed by.
  • Cloaked - Opponents won't see you on the radar and you can't be heard.
  • Weapon Expert - Gives you the ability to add additional mods to you weapons.

Booster Slot 2 Options
  • Back in the Saddle - Reduces your respawn time.
  • Bargain - Decreases the cost of Medal Kickbacks. (Special powers you set before the game and have to earn in a match.)
  • Power Hunter - See the location of Power Weapons.
  • Daredevil - When you taunt over a defeated opponent, you get extra ammo.

What Medal Kickbacks are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
Before you start a match, you decide which Medal Kickback you want to use. When you're out there on the battlefield and start earning medals, you start building toward your kickback. Get the amount of medals needed to use the kickback, and you can pull off the uber-maneuver.
  • Smoke Bomb - You vanish in a puff of smoke.
  • Speedy G - You get a speed boost.
  • RPG!!! - You instantly spawn an RPG.
  • Cluster Bomb - One grenade explodes into multiple grenades.

What guns are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
AK-47, G-Mal and the Dragon Sniper round out the long guns. Pistols are also included, and the above Medal Kickback confirms RPGs.

What Mods are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
For your long guns, there are two -- clip size and Call Out (which shows the location of enemies). For the pistols, you can increase the total amount of ammo and the rate of fire for the Arm Micro.

What characters are in the Uncharted 3 multiplayer beta?
If you choose to be a hero, you can be Nathan Drake, Sully or a treasure hunter. If you're going to be a villain, you're a pirate. However, remember that you can customize the hell out of these characters. Shirts, hats, sunglasses, and more will help you make your avatar your own.

You also get in the U3 beta early if you pre-order InFamous 2, which comes out June 7th.

post #112 of 724 Old 06-03-2011, 09:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Some 2011 E3 news and co-op videos to share. First, info on pre-order bonuses and the collector's edition:

Quote:

The Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Collector's Edition has been detailed. It will cost $99.99 and come with the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception game, a Sideshow Collectibles Nathan Drake Statue, a replica of Drake's belt buckle, a replica of Drake's ring and necklace, a "Steelbook" game case, and a traveling chest. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is undoubtedly one of the year's most highly anticipated sequels and for those that just can't get enough, you can now pre-order the Collector's Edition and get some pretty sweet Nathan Drake memorabilia.

Whether or not you want to throw down the extra cash for the Collector's Edition is but one decision you're going to have to make when it comes to Uncharted 3, as a whole bunch of retailers are offering different pre-order bonuses when it comes to the game. Check after the break to see who's offering what.

Best Buy - Regeneration Booster

Allows you to "boost your healing power to recover from your wounds more quickly."

Amazon.com - Carpet Bomb Kickback Perk

Allows you to "send out three grenades with a single throw to blanket your opponent – or take out a group of opponents – with multiple explosions."

Amazon.com – Clip Size Mod for Para 9 or G-MAL
Allows you to increase the size of the bullet clip for your weapon of choice and "spend more time shooting your opponents before having to reload."

GameStop - Creepy Crawler Kickback Perk
Allows you to "turn into a swarm of deadly creatures for a limited time and overwhelm your enemies."

Wal-Mart - Callout Mod for AK-47
Allows you to "equip your AK-47 with a laser sight that enables your entire team to see the location of the opponent you are currently targeting."

All Other Participating Retailers
Uncharted 3 PSN Avatar & Static Theme for PS3

Now that you know all the bonuses, where are you going to be picking up your copy of Uncharted 3 from?

Co-op Adventure mode:

Co-op Hunter mode:

post #113 of 724 Old 06-03-2011, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Is anyone else opposed to all these pre-order specials as I am?

I mean, just release the game and let everyone play it on equal footing.

-Suntan
post #114 of 724 Old 06-03-2011, 11:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Me. I hate it.

Pre-order bonuses should not affect the balance of vs. game play for any title. Co-op and campaign - fine. Cosmetic stuff in vs. mode, no problem. But this is wrong IMHO.

Guess what? The developer of Starhawk agrees with us:

Quote:

Another fan pleaded to the development team not to give an unfair advantage in Starhawk through pre-order bonuses. Dylan Jobe agrees with that sentiment:

My personal opinion is that, for example, weapons that are unlocked via pre-order, are a violation of the player’s bill of rights. Don’t get me wrong, I love the idea of pre-order stuff for retailers (brick or click) but you gotta preserve a sense of balance.

post #115 of 724 Old 06-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan View Post

Is anyone else opposed to all these pre-order specials as I am?

I mean, just release the game and let everyone play it on equal footing.

-Suntan

Totally agree.

I recieved a "grenade martyr" perk for pre-ordering Uncharted 2, used it for a hot minute but felt a bit too dirty so I shelved it.

PSN: futurecode
post #116 of 724 Old 06-05-2011, 05:07 PM

Liked: 10
The U2 pre-order multiplayer bonuses were something you got in the game once you levelled up or could buy later. If I recall correctly, there were custom skins (bling), golden AK-47 and golden pistol (bling), and the revenge booster, which you get at level 14. Obviously, the bling = no effect on game play and they were later released as paid DLC.

Thus far for U3 pre-orders, we're seeing all boosters, but I believe that they are going to be something you will eventually earn in the game.

I can justify the pre-order for U3, I want to play it on the day of it's release!

I'm sure you all know this now: we can activate our free 30 day Playstation Plus anytime this month, so we will be able to get into the U3 multiplayer beta on the 28th.

Also: I saw the Collector's edition and even though I am a big fan, I'm not feeling it.
post #117 of 724 Old 06-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Yes, my understanding is that these are all just "early access" to these boosters/kickbacks. You just start with them as opposed to earning them after a few levels. No big deal.
post #118 of 724 Old 06-05-2011, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
I'm personally opposed to pre-orders anyway, with or without bonuses.

But I don't see how these perks are "unfair" in terms of gameplay. Unless you're someone who plays 24-7, there's always someone (or many someones) who will outpace you and have a lot more weapons, perks, etc., than you. By comparison, these few bonuses are insignificant.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #119 of 724 Old 06-07-2011, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

I'm personally opposed to pre-orders anyway, with or without bonuses.

But I don't see how these perks are "unfair" in terms of gameplay. Unless you're someone who plays 24-7, there's always someone (or many someones) who will outpace you and have a lot more weapons, perks, etc., than you. By comparison, these few bonuses are insignificant.

Why are you opposed to preorders?

"Damn, you can't get black levels like that on your projector!"
- My brother, just before he realized his LED display had died.

Link to my Basement build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1529034/conspiracy-basement-build
post #120 of 724 Old 06-07-2011, 07:33 PM

Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy* View Post

Why are you opposed to preorders?

I'm wondering that too. Amazons $10/$20 gift credits for preordering and same release delivery freaking rule.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page