Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 275 Old 04-07-2012, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerkit View Post

This was happening to me as well. Deleting the game data and update data forces a reinstall and re-download of the patch; that fixed it for me!

I had to do this, too. Was locking up when I stepped into water. Working fine now, so thanks for the info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 275 Old 05-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Advanced Member

Hey guys, looking for some help. I'm going insane and about ready to quit playing (noooooooooo!). I'm stuck on the Elder Knowledge quest. I'm at the end of Alftand dungeon area where you activate push the button and the spiral staircase drops open in the floor. The problem is that it won't activate and therefore the staircase won't open. This is a main quest and therefore not skippable... Every walkthrough and youtube video I've watched shows the person just walking up and activating it...ain't no thang. For me I'm just staring in disbelief (open damn you!!). I've already completed "Transcribing the Lexicon". I've done all necessary quests up to that point. Is there an item that has to go in there that I don't know about???

Honestly I'm pulling my hair out and it's putting a bad taste in my month for this incredible game.

STEAM: Augcliffe
PSN: Augcliffe
post #273 of 275 Old 05-12-2012, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfoolery_79 View Post

Hey guys, looking for some help. I'm going insane and about ready to quit playing (noooooooooo!). I'm stuck on the Elder Knowledge quest. I'm at the end of Alftand dungeon area where you activate push the button and the spiral staircase drops open in the floor. The problem is that it won't activate and therefore the staircase won't open. This is a main quest and therefore not skippable... Every walkthrough and youtube video I've watched shows the person just walking up and activating it...ain't no thang. For me I'm just staring in disbelief (open damn you!!). I've already completed "Transcribing the Lexicon". I've done all necessary quests up to that point. Is there an item that has to go in there that I don't know about???

Honestly I'm pulling my hair out and it's putting a bad taste in my month for this incredible game.

Pretty sure I know where you are, got stuck there fir a bit myself. If I remember right there are two short hallways connected to this room? If so then you have to line up some symbol pedestals, a set in each hallway, before it lets you open the stairs. The symbol you need for each is shown nearby, just keep looking through the area and you'll spot them. The trick might be that you have to switch the symbols you find, as in the clue found in the left hallway goes to the right side pedestals and etc.

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #274 of 275 Old 05-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post

Pretty sure I know where you are, got stuck there fir a bit myself. If I remember right there are two short hallways connected to this room? If so then you have to line up some symbol pedestals, a set in each hallway, before it lets you open the stairs. The symbol you need for each is shown nearby, just keep looking through the area and you'll spot them. The trick might be that you have to switch the symbols you find, as in the clue found in the left hallway goes to the right side pedestals and etc.

I don't believe so, but after about 2 hours of research I found out the stupid stairwell just goes to Blackreach so I can get there thru another means...uggg.

STEAM: Augcliffe
PSN: Augcliffe
post #275 of 275 Old 02-14-2013, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 94
*oops, advanced search got me wrong thread
Reply PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page