Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 275 Old 01-14-2012, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm 32-34 hours in and have had one freeze up, but otherwise no issues with gameplay - aside from Lydia stepping in front of my arrows and dying!! I'm glad I save often, but it is getting a little old having to load a saved game just to being her moronic butt back to life.

-Aaron
My Basement Movie Room and Bar/Game Room - actually doing stuff now... please comment!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 275 Old 01-14-2012, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTAaron View Post

I'm 32-34 hours in and have had one freeze up, but otherwise no issues with gameplay - aside from Lydia stepping in front of my arrows and dying!! I'm glad I save often, but it is getting a little old having to load a saved game just to being her moronic butt back to life.

The sooner you learn to distance yourself emotionally from your companions, the better.

I kept Lydia alive for about 40 hours. She died in a tomb somewhere. Then I got Uthgerd. She was pretty awesome, but unpredictable. She disappeared for like ten hours (probably on a bender somewhere down south). She popped back up eventually, then she died in the wilderness while fighting off a bear, a dragon, and a thief at the same time. Tough broad. After that, I sort of lost track of the others. I had some scrappy guy I met somewhere. He didn't last long, but he liked to punch things. After a while, it seemed like they were all out to martyr themselves. Some worked for money; others for tasks; some for no good reason. But they all died.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #243 of 275 Old 01-15-2012, 07:16 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Is there anyone who teaches destruction magic besides the lady at the College? I am at 57 right now, but want to get to 60 quick and just using destruction is moving me up very slow at this point. I have completed the college quest which means learning from the chic there is no longer an option.

Lydia died for me immediately into our very first dungeon!

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #244 of 275 Old 01-16-2012, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Is there anyone who teaches destruction magic besides the lady at the College? I am at 57 right now, but want to get to 60 quick and just using destruction is moving me up very slow at this point. I have completed the college quest which means learning from the chic there is no longer an option.

Lydia died for me immediately into our very first dungeon!

You should still be able to get training from Faralda - I finished the college quest long ago, and am still training with her - I'm at 90 right now.

If Lydia dies, I reload. She's too useful as a dragon bone hauler, and I give her soul-trapping weapons to keep those gems flowing!
post #245 of 275 Old 01-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 29
Well, a little over 9 hours in and I got my first hard lockup. Probably the first of many. Guess some things never change, Bethesda...

- Jer
post #246 of 275 Old 01-21-2012, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I haven't played this game since a week after release, but patch 1.04 is supposed to fix the problems and will be releasing next week. I'll start playing again after the patch, but will probably just start from scratch.
post #247 of 275 Old 01-21-2012, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
I'm over 60 hours and the game is lagging a little. The game froze only 2 times so far. Can't complain.

I'm also waiting on the patch to start replaying again.
post #248 of 275 Old 01-21-2012, 06:30 PM

I'm pretty far along in the game, I finished the main quests, 11MB save file, level 56 or so. I've had only three or four lockups that occurred primarily during those transition scenes. It was when I decided to do the Stormcloak rebellion quests that I ran into a lot of lag when I tried to take the various forts. Is that common? Overall the game has played far, far better than I was expecting considering all of the talk.
post #249 of 275 Old 01-24-2012, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 85
My hour counter says I'm at 121 hrs, and I'm lvl 47. I have had only one quest that hasn't worked- Arniel's Endeavor (think Dwarven Convector). It's a 4 part quest with a known glitch across all platforms and it happened to me. Here's what happened (and spoilers):

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
In the second section you have to get a staff for Enthir so he gives you the Warped soul gem. I got the staff, Enthir gave me the Warped soul gem, but the staff didn't leave my inventory. I didn't think anything of it and went to all of the convectors on the map, thinking that's what I had to do. I did some research after not getting a prompt to go see Arniel and sure enough there's a known glitch and this quest is unable to be finished. It was fun to find the convectors anyway but the payoff would have been nice: You get Arniel as a shade you can conjure up. I was so frustrated I had to know what the end was! I would not have looked it up if I could have done it myself

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #250 of 275 Old 01-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 29
Put Skyrim back in for the first time in a while. Had my first random dragon encounter. Got the thing's health bar all the way down, and it just hung in the air in a single spot, flapping its wings, no longer responding to damage. Reloaded, beat it again, this time it worked. 10 minutes later, the game hard locks for no particular reason and I'm back to before the dragon encounter again.

What an inexcusable piece of buggy garbage.

- Jer
post #251 of 275 Old 02-01-2012, 07:53 PM

I turned off the auto saves and haven't had a lock up since, really made a difference. Just have to remember to save on my own of course.
post #252 of 275 Old 02-02-2012, 04:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eayes View Post

I turned off the auto saves and haven't had a lock up since, really made a difference. Just have to remember to save on my own of course.

This is what fixed my game...for the most part. There were a few shout walls that didn't work, two broken quests that I found, and I still encountered some extreme laginess,, but it was much improved with autosave off. I got the platinum and will very likely never touch the game again.

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
post #253 of 275 Old 02-10-2012, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

I haven't had a chance to play post-patch yet... I was just wondering if things have improved.
post #254 of 275 Old 02-10-2012, 12:10 PM

I played last night. I actually had my first bit of stuttering, but my save's just hit 5.2 MB. Only lasted for about 30 seconds, and it was on a huge expanse of plains, just before I saw and was attacked by three skeletons. Played about an hour and a half afterwards without any stuttering.

So didn't seem to have any real upsides or downsides, but I haven't actually had any problems before the patch, either.
post #255 of 275 Old 02-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
The 1.04 patch seems to have worked great for me. The in-town stuttering that I was finding regularly (11mb save) has now all but disappeared. Really happy with this patch so far.
post #256 of 275 Old 02-11-2012, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

That's good to hear. I guess I'll try to get in some playtime before ME3 releases next month.
post #257 of 275 Old 02-11-2012, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

I'm also around an 11mb save. Prior to the patch I had a couple of hard freezes, but not much stuttering except for a few cases. With the new patch, everything seems much smoother - so perhaps I was having (minor) stuttering before and not realizing it as a problem. Works either way for me!
post #258 of 275 Old 02-11-2012, 09:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Even with a fresh save the game runs a bit smoother than before. (I just started the PS3 version right before the patch went live. 1.3 vs 1.4 is actually noticable. Still not as smooth as the 360 version, but that is to be expected (V-Sync differences being the main factor) overall, I'm impressed that they finally fixed this issue after so long, now then can we get the same patch for Fallout 3 and New Vegas? (and maybe throw some AA in along with the patch)

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #259 of 275 Old 02-13-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

The sooner you learn to distance yourself emotionally from your companions, the better.

After a while, it seemed like they were all out to martyr themselves.

Yeah - I think there's something to this. I'm level 24 and have been running with Faendal as my companion. He was good early on cause he would stay back and use his archer skills and not get in the way. However, in the latest mission I took him on - the Companions mission to find the Silver Hand Strategy boook - he died like 3 times and I had to restart. Finally got him through it alive, but I'm thinking about letting him go cause he's unable to train me on Archery any more. May keep him until I get the opportunity to make Aela the Huntress my follower, and then take all the crap he's outfitted with off him, sell it, and cut him loose.

-----------------------------------------------

"Blow, ye wind, like the trumpet blows. But without that noise."
post #260 of 275 Old 02-13-2012, 06:53 AM

Liked: 11
I haven't had any lockups in my 115 hours of play. I have had the frozen dragon issue. Frustrating, but my problem went away with patches a while back. Have you guys seen the video about the possible dlc from dice? I think if you search that in youtube, it'll pop right up. Looks pretty awesome.
post #261 of 275 Old 02-13-2012, 08:32 AM

I primarily use Lydia as a pack mule. When I enter a new section, I tell her to wait there, then stealthily I clean the place out of enemies. Once that's done, I'll tell her to follow me.

Occasionally, when I see something like a Draughr Overlord or I'm at the final stage of a dungeon, I'll have her wait just outside the room. If things get hairy I'll run back to her and she'll join the fight when she sees me being attacked. Since I gave her a staff that summons a Dremora, we three usually get the job done pretty quickly.
post #262 of 275 Old 02-13-2012, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Forehand View Post

Yeah - I think there's something to this. I'm level 24 and have been running with Faendal as my companion. He was good early on cause he would stay back and use his archer skills and not get in the way. However, in the latest mission I took him on - the Companions mission to find the Silver Hand Strategy boook - he died like 3 times and I had to restart. Finally got him through it alive, but I'm thinking about letting him go cause he's unable to train me on Archery any more. May keep him until I get the opportunity to make Aela the Huntress my follower, and then take all the crap he's outfitted with off him, sell it, and cut him loose.

HAHA, you are exactly where I am at. (well, slightly farther, I am at the point to start that mission, I blew it off to add some more cities to my map. (I am not using the horse buggy to add any cities, if I want to go somewhere, I have to walk to it if I haven't been there yet)

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #263 of 275 Old 02-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerkit View Post

I'm also around an 11mb save. Prior to the patch I had a couple of hard freezes, but not much stuttering except for a few cases. With the new patch, everything seems much smoother - so perhaps I was having (minor) stuttering before and not realizing it as a problem. Works either way for me!

Same here! about 13Mb (150hrs) now the game is playable for me! I forgot just how much even a single stuttering can kill the experience. I've put in some crazy hrs. since the patch, let's hope the next patch will make it even smoother...

One thing I noticed with the patch is that the music sound track now plays less frequently.
post #264 of 275 Old 03-14-2012, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Just a random screenshot from last night... playing a chef and cooking some food for a very important person...

Spoiler  
Disguised as the Gourmet about to poison the "emperor".

-Aaron
My Basement Movie Room and Bar/Game Room - actually doing stuff now... please comment!
post #265 of 275 Old 03-16-2012, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 85
via GamesRadar:

Quote:

Skyrim's just leveled up to 1.5 on PC, and the dev team was clearly involved in a particularly intense ranged battle when the update hit: they've promptly spent all their perks on new ways to look stylish while sending opponents to meet Talos*. As this update trailer shows, you'll be seeing a lot more of that slow-'n'-sadistic kill-cam post-update, with added melee animations and the addition of slomo kill-cams for particularly noteworthy ranged and magic kills.

If you feel like this has been coming for a while, it's because ranged kill-cams were one of the added features teased by Todd Howard at DICE. We plan on adding even more features with upcoming free updates, promises Bethesda. Hells yeah you do. The update's available in beta on Steam, and will come to consoles soon. Here's the full changelist:

UPDATE 1.5 (all platforms unless noted)

NEW FEATURES

- New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
- New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
- Shadows on grass available (PC)
- Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item's value
- Improved visual transition when going underwater
- Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes

BUG FIXES

- General crash fixes and memory optimizations
- Fixed issue with Deflect Arrows perk not calculating properly
- In "A Cornered Rat," the death of certain NPCs no longer blocks progression
- Fixed issue where Farkas would not give Companion's quests properly
- Fixed crash when loading saves that rely on data that is no longer being loaded
- Followers sneak properly when player is sneaking
- Fixed issue with weapon racks not working properly in Proudspire Manor
- Arrows and other projectiles that were stuck in objects in the world now clean up properly
- Fixed issue where "Rescue Mission" was preventing "Taking Care of Business" from starting properly
- Fixed issue where certain NPCs would fail to become Thieves Guild fences
- Fixed issue in "Diplomatic Immunity" where killing all the guards in the Thalmor Embassy before starting the quest would break progress
- In "Hard Answers," picking up the dwarven museum key after completing the quest, no longer restarts the quest
- Killing Viola before or after "Blood on the Ice" no longer blocks progression
- Fixed issue where Calixto would fail to die properly in "Blood on the Ice"
- In "Waking Nightmare" fixed occasional issue where Erandur would stop pathing properly
- Fixed issue where letters and notes with random encounters would appear blank
- Fixed rare issue where dialogue and shouts would improperly play
- Lydia will now offer marriage option after player purchases Breezehome in Whiterun
- Fixed issue where if player manually mined ore in Cidhna Mine, jail time would not be served
- Fixed rare issue with skills not increasing properly
- Fixed issue where the Headsman's Axe did not gain proper buff from Barbarian perk
- In "A Night to Remember" it is no longer possible to kill Ysolda, Ennis or Senna before starting the quest
- Fixed issue with the ebony dagger having a weapon speed that was too slow
- Fixed issue with "The Wolf Queen Awakened" where backing out of a conversation with Styrr too soon would block progress
- The third level of the Limbsplitter perk now properly improves all battle axes
- Fixed a rare issue where Sanguine Rose would not work properly
- In "Tending the Flames" King Olaf's Verse will no longer disappear from explosions

PSN: CrashLanding (please ID requests as AVS)
post #266 of 275 Old 03-16-2012, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 83
Wow - nice to see some TLC! What an amazing game (original issues notwithstanding).

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #267 of 275 Old 04-06-2012, 08:44 PM

Damn patch is making my game freeze everytime I go for a swim. Pissing me off.

"I need it. Buy it. Store it." - Tony Stark
post #268 of 275 Old 04-06-2012, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

I tried to get the newest update last night but the server was running way too slow - 900 minutes to download???
Glad I didn't if it is causing freezes...

-Aaron
post #269 of 275 Old 04-07-2012, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurms View Post

Damn patch is making my game freeze everytime I go for a swim. Pissing me off.

This was happening to me as well. Deleting the game data and update data forces a reinstall and re-download of the patch; that fixed it for me!

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/201...-freezing-fix/
post #270 of 275 Old 04-07-2012, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
The new camera kills and the view while swimming is a lot better.
No freezing problems so far.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page