Next Gen SSX on the way!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 235 Old 12-06-2011, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
the 19 days of deals sale is inside the Video Games section by clicking on "see more holiday flurry week deals in video games" on the "flurry week" page.

Pretty lame.

Most EA sports _year 12_ games are on sale.

SSX is still $59.99 on pre-order but they will give you a new snowboard.
No idea if the board was availabel before or if its part of todays "EA Sports Featuring SSX" special.

Quote:

Amazon Exclusive Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order SSX and receive the Amazon exclusive Mac's Level 6 Elite Snowboard with Boost. Push your skills to the limits with Mac Fraser in the epic return of SSX. Riding a Level 6 Elite snowboard, take the high-flying trickster around the world and prove you have what it takes to conquer the world’s deadliest descents. A code to access the bonus content will be emailed to you within 2 days after the product ships. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer.
› See more product promotions

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 235 Old 12-06-2011, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Just watched some of the videos - wow this indeed is impressive.

Does anyone know if they are supporting 3D in this game? Some of the best sports I've seen in 3D on TV is footage from the snowboarding at the X Games. 3D would add a tremendous element to this game for sure!
post #33 of 235 Old 12-06-2011, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

If this information from April 2011 is accurate it looks like the game will feature 3D support. From http://www.strategyinformer.com/news...re-3d-support:
Quote:

In the latest issue of PSM3, EA Sports creative director Todd Batty revealed several new tidbits about SSX: Deadly Descents, the newest game in the popular snowboarding series.

Batty did reveal it would be in stereoscopic 3D on the PlayStation 3...

I do not know what to make of the fact that it did not mention 3D for the XBOX 360. Maybe because at the time the article was written the 360 did not yet support stereoscopic 3D?
post #34 of 235 Old 12-06-2011, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

If this information from April 2011 is accurate it looks like the game will feature 3D support. From http://www.strategyinformer.com/news...re-3d-support:

I do not know what to make of the fact that it did not mention 3D for the XBOX 360. Maybe because at the time the article was written the 360 did not yet support stereoscopic 3D?

Great find lovingdvd! I thought I knew everything about this game as I have been following all the info for months, but have somehow missed this. Very cool!

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #35 of 235 Old 12-07-2011, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 84
I would not hold my breath for 3D on either platform. April was a long time ago and there's not been a mention of it that I know of (of course I missed that original mention, so maybe I've missed subsequent ones too).

3D (good 3D) in an SSX game would probably push me over the edge on getting a new 58" Panny that I keep meaning to buy, though. So, hope it happens .
post #36 of 235 Old 12-07-2011, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post

I would not hold my breath for 3D on either platform. April was a long time ago and there's not been a mention of it that I know of (of course I missed that original mention, so maybe I've missed subsequent ones too).

3D (good 3D) in an SSX game would probably push me over the edge on getting a new 58" Panny that I keep meaning to buy, though. So, hope it happens .

Unfortunately, I tend to agree with you. 3D gaming is hot right now. I figure that with all the promo videos for the game they are releasing with marketing messages at the end like "Coming February 2012!" they would add something like "3D support!" or mention it for the extra buzz...

Anyone know if there are other forums or places where the developers hang out or are reachable so we can ask them?
post #37 of 235 Old 12-07-2011, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Unfortunately, I tend to agree with you. 3D gaming is hot right now. I figure that with all the promo videos for the game they are releasing with marketing messages at the end like "Coming February 2012!" they would add something like "3D support!" or mention it for the extra buzz...

Anyone know if there are other forums or places where the developers hang out or are reachable so we can ask them?

Merqurycity.com is by far the most active SSX site I have found. Todd Batty has mentioned a few times in various interviews that the developers do read the SSX 2012 forum over there and take the various comments into consideration. I think its forum member GONDEE over there that even gets the occasional text from Batty addressing comments, questions or concerns that come up in the forum. Might be good to post this question over there.....I will do it right now and see what info pops up.

post #38 of 235 Old 12-08-2011, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Here is the thread I started if you want to follow it. No real info yet, just speculation.

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum...hp?f=18&t=9470

post #39 of 235 Old 12-08-2011, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Great Toe - thanks for taking the initiative with that. Considering the mention of 3D came directly from Batty it certainly is credible. But the fact that there's been no info about it since makes it seem unlikely unfortunately.
post #40 of 235 Old 12-08-2011, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Tonight we were playing the demo of Happy Feet 2. In one of the levels there is race down the mountain with the penguins sliding on their stomachs. It was VERY reminiscent of SSX except of course it was extremely dumbed-down in comparison (both in terms of tricks and environments).

However what was interesting to see is that the game was obviously running at a very high frame rate and was silky smooth. I kept thinking to myself "wow this is just a tiny, tiny taste of how cool and amazing SSX 2012 is going to be on a next gen console".

I highly recommend trying out the free demo of the Happy Feet 2 game so you can experience this. If you check it out let me know if you see what I mean about the smoothness of the game. I think it bodes very well for the extreme level of coolness we can expect from SSX in February!
post #41 of 235 Old 12-09-2011, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
SSX was so fun to just slow down and explore the mountain...Very excited for this new title.

I have a fever and the only cure is more Blu-Ray....
post #42 of 235 Old 12-09-2011, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ3118 View Post

SSX was so fun to just slow down and explore the mountain...Very excited for this new title.

Definitely. With all the work they've put into mapping out and detailing the terrain it would be cool if that could be leveraged into a game whereby you are a hiker and have to climb and explore and survive the elements.

I'm quite excited about it too. I'm just glad I only found out about it last week. Made the wait much easier compared to had I found out about it in January.
post #43 of 235 Old 12-09-2011, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Great Toe - thanks for taking the initiative with that. Considering the mention of 3D came directly from Batty it certainly is credible. But the fact that there's been no info about it since makes it seem unlikely unfortunately.

I agree. Would be great if we got it though.

I am downloading the Happy Feet 2 demo now, thanks!

post #44 of 235 Old 12-09-2011, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

I agree. Would be great if we got it though.

Yes, especially considering that snowboarding in the tube with the jumps and such from the X Games is some of the better use of 3D I've seen with sports. So if it works well in real life its bound to be great in a game (assuming proper technical execution by the team).

Does Batty have a Twitter account? I would think so. Maybe if we tweet the question to him we'd get an answer.
post #45 of 235 Old 12-09-2011, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Yes, especially considering that snowboarding in the tube with the jumps and such from the X Games is some of the better use of 3D I've seen with sports. So if it works well in real life its bound to be great in a game (assuming proper technical execution by the team).

Does Batty have a Twitter account? I would think so. Maybe if we tweet the question to him we'd get an answer.

Good call! Not sure if he has twitter, but you would think so.

post #46 of 235 Old 12-09-2011, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Good call! Not sure if he has twitter, but you would think so.

I just poked around and couldn't find a Twitter account for him. Humm...

Another option may be to go through a media outlet that has done a recent interview with them. The interviewer is likely more directly reachable than Batty, and likely has a pretty good way to ask him that as a follow up question.
post #47 of 235 Old 12-10-2011, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I just poked around and couldn't find a Twitter account for him. Humm...

Another option may be to go through a media outlet that has done a recent interview with them. The interviewer is likely more directly reachable than Batty, and likely has a pretty good way to ask him that as a follow up question.

That is a good idea as well.

Some new screens were released today......man is this looking good!

http://www.ea.com/ssx

post #48 of 235 Old 12-21-2011, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

http://www.ea.com/ssx/blog/a-letter-...ty-to-ssx-fans

I, for one, am totally fine with extending the ship date by a few weeks if they feel they need the time for a little extra polish. Not a lot of games dropping around then so they have some flexibility to do so.

New gameplay teaser... it's really coming together: http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/12/21...ameplay-teaser.

This game is going to be absolutely amazing.
post #49 of 235 Old 12-21-2011, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

http://www.ea.com/ssx/blog/a-letter-...ty-to-ssx-fans

I, for one, am totally fine with extending the ship date by a few weeks if they feel they need the time for a little extra polish. Not a lot of games dropping around then so they have some flexibility to do so.

New gameplay teaser... it's really coming together: http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/12/21...ameplay-teaser.

This game is going to be absolutely amazing.

WOW!!! This game is looking SO AWESOME!

post #50 of 235 Old 12-22-2011, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Game is looking good. At this point I've given up any hopes the game will be in 3D though. Repeated attempts to reach out to the company about this went unanswered, and there has been no info about 3D that I can find since that article quoted them as saying it would have 3D, back in February. Also I do not see anything on the box art shown in the video. You would think that as hot as 3D is right now they would be mentioning it all over the place it had 3D.

On a related note - the other night I was watching kids play the Kinect with some river boat game in Kinect Adventures. I was thinking that SSX would be the ULTIMATE game for Kinect support!! But I don't think it will feature this either. Can you imagine combining Kinect with this game?
post #51 of 235 Old 12-22-2011, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Can you imagine combining Kinect with this game?

No offense... but personally I think that would be a terrible combination. I could see a good kiddie snowboarding game with simpler gameplay, but SSX is about very precise and deep controls, that Kinect would be a horrible interface for.
post #52 of 235 Old 12-22-2011, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No offense... but personally I think that would be a terrible combination. I could see a good kiddie snowboarding game with simpler gameplay, but SSX is about very precise and deep controls, that Kinect would be a horrible interface for.

No offense taken. We are all entitled to our opinion, no problem. I think the game is perfectly suited for Kinect and could (finally) bring a grown-up real game to the platform (mostly Kinect feels to me like a glorified Wii). And just because they had Kinect support doesn't mean people would be forced to use it. It could be what it is without it, and have a mode for those that wanted it.

Snowboarding like motions would be great with Kinect. Crouching, leaning, jumping, turning, arms out to balance, arm out and open to match what you see in the vids when they are flying (flying squirrel) etc. All perfectly suited. The tricky part of course would be all the advanced tricks. Not sure how they could have us control that. Unless they sold it with a small trampoline maybe.
post #53 of 235 Old 12-23-2011, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

I LOVE how they have incorporated the wingsuit! What makes it even more interesting is that they have incorporated a timer so you cant abuse it which is great.

The sense of speed when you boost looks incredible as well.

The camera looks excellent now in its new mid default view. The old far default was pretty bad. This new mid view default is perfect IMO.

I see the delay as a good thing......they obviously want to give us a great game and a few more weeks could make all the difference as far as final polish. That letter from Batty was awesome!

post #54 of 235 Old 12-25-2011, 01:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 60
i can't believe it got delayed again. i've been waiting for next gen ssx ever since i bought my ps3. ah, these games are so fun.

500 gigs FTW.
post #55 of 235 Old 12-28-2011, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

i can't believe it got delayed again. i've been waiting for next gen ssx ever since i bought my ps3. ah, these games are so fun.

I know. Three games I'm super excited for: Starhawk, Twisted Metal and SSX. I weighed them all and chose to put SSX on my Christmas list. My sister came through with it. She just sent me a forwarded email from Amazon that the game had been pushed back. I guess my Christmas will just last that much longer!

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
post #56 of 235 Old 01-10-2012, 06:24 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Every Monday from now until release there will be a new signature Uber Trick video revealed! Here is the first one.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=AdG_y7Efg3s

post #57 of 235 Old 01-11-2012, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Qore SSX video.......

http://vimeo.com/34857290

New trailer as well released today.......

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/this-is-ssx/725664

16 page mini mag in new PSM3 magazine......

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum...hp?f=18&t=9536

HUGE day for SSX news!

post #58 of 235 Old 01-20-2012, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum...hp?f=18&t=9559

post #59 of 235 Old 01-20-2012, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

New vids are sick, I've been watching 'em all day.

Can't wait till this game drops
post #60 of 235 Old 01-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum...hp?f=18&t=9559

Thanks for posting that link. Those videos are amazing. I can not handle the anticipation.

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page