Next Gen SSX on the way!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 235 Old 03-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
The EA support forums mentioned that a fix for the ridernet connection issue went in last night. This seems to have fixed the issue I was having. Thankfully I won't have to use the wonky work around any longer.

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 235 Old 03-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post

Finished with a 1:56.06 and the leader (you know who you are ) [...] had a 1:56.03

LOL...you're welcome. I feel the same way about your times on JT2 and Curnoe's Mustache! I'm slowly making my way through the rest of your race records, though...

- Jer
post #183 of 235 Old 03-15-2012, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Ugh...I need to get back in this. Got a nasty blister on my hand chipping ice this weekend that exploded and left exposed hole in the hand = couldn't hold a controller.

Then...water in the basement. Had to move everything upstairs and haven't had a chance to get the PS3 hooked up

Hopefully a few of my records are still standing

Chris Schempp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSN - Mandos_eD
post #184 of 235 Old 03-15-2012, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I need more fiends for SSX, add me, name in sig.

Now playing: Madden, Diablo 3, First Light, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #185 of 235 Old 03-15-2012, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Schempp View Post

Ugh...I need to get back in this. Got a nasty blister on my hand chipping ice this weekend that exploded and left exposed hole in the hand = couldn't hold a controller.

Then...water in the basement. Had to move everything upstairs and haven't had a chance to get the PS3 hooked up

Hopefully a few of my records are still standing

I hear you! I need a fix as well since work/life has gotten in the way of my SSX time this week Looking to fire it up tonight I hope or the weekend at the latest.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #186 of 235 Old 03-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaines View Post

I'm slowly making my way through the rest of your race records, though...

...and I just beat the last one. Curnoe's and JT2 were a royal pain until I found some different strategies. Kudos to you on those times! Sorry to trash all your race records...LOL! Now I just have to put a dent in this M0nY168 guy's race times...

- Jer
post #187 of 235 Old 03-16-2012, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:

...and I just beat the last one. Curnoe's and JT2 were a royal pain until I found some different strategies. Kudos to you on those times! Sorry to trash all your race records...LOL! Now I just have to put a dent in this M0nY168 guy's race times...

- Jer

Geeze, I set some new ones just yesterday (one was on Fuji) did you beat those too?

I've been avoiding the use of mods so far but I may have to start experimenting with those to be able to compete if this keeps up

Hopefully I have some time this weekend to roll up the sleeves and take some of these back.
post #188 of 235 Old 03-16-2012, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I was frustrated non-stop last night. Going off cliffs, restarting, etc. Turned the game off totally pissed. I'm not sure if it is the game or me. I got to the wing suit intro level, you can't see below you and no camera control! Restart, restart,.. took me like five tries just to finish the race. The level design is just down right bad sometimes, endless pits left and right. Why not introduce the player at a better pace? Make the first few mountains have no pits or cliffs, let me fcking snow board and not die!

Now playing: Madden, Diablo 3, First Light, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #189 of 235 Old 03-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Geeze, I set some new ones just yesterday (one was on Fuji) did you beat those too?

Yep. That Fuji one was another excellent time of yours that was hard as hell to top. I took down every race time on your challenge list, which I assume is every time where you were ahead of me...?

Quote:

I've been avoiding the use of mods so far but I may have to start experimenting with those to be able to compete if this keeps up

Supposedly mods can never take you past a 100 stat, so a maxed-out Alex with a level 10 legendary speed board will only get a miniscule bump from mods. That said, I still use them to make sure I'm maxed...

- Jer
post #190 of 235 Old 03-16-2012, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

I was frustrated non-stop last night. Going off cliffs, restarting, etc. Turned the game off totally pissed. I'm not sure if it is the game or me. I got to the wing suit intro level, you can't see below you and no camera control! Restart, restart,.. took me like five tries just to finish the race. The level design is just down right bad sometimes, endless pits left and right. Why not introduce the player at a better pace? Make the first few mountains have no pits or cliffs, let me fcking snow board and not die!

I feel you, I really do. This game is hard hard hard at times and also unforgiving. At times it definitely feels cheap. If you can muscle your way through it, it's worth it IMHO.

That said, I have spent most of my time on the less-full-of-holes levels and haven't really touched the wingsuit that much. I hate the avalanche levels (just seem boring and unfun) and the dark levels. I still love the game, I just spend my time in other areas, and there are so many tracks...

That all said... (again, lol) some of the must challenging and fun levels are the ones with the holes. For example the Mt Fuji levels have some areas that are like swiss cheese that can be intensely frustrating, but with some practice they become a lot of fun. But I would suggest focusing on other levels that require less memorization to start with, in general. And if you find stuff you hate in World Tour, don't worry... you can ignore it in Explore and still have a great time.
post #191 of 235 Old 03-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable View Post

I was frustrated non-stop last night. Going off cliffs, restarting, etc. Turned the game off totally pissed. I'm not sure if it is the game or me. [...] The level design is just down right bad sometimes, endless pits left and right. Why not introduce the player at a better pace? Make the first few mountains have no pits or cliffs, let me fcking snow board and not die!

World Tour is focused on "deadly descents", so the challenge there is intentional. If you just want to snowboard without hazards, you can always jump straight to Explore and stick to drops that don't have insta-death. You can unlock almost everything purely in Explore mode, so if you don't care for the survival aspect of the game, you can pretty much skip it.

- Jer
post #192 of 235 Old 03-16-2012, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yep. That Fuji one was another excellent time of yours that was hard as hell to top.

Nice to know I at least gave you a hard time! LOL.
Quote:

I took down every race time on your challenge list, which I assume is every time where you were ahead of me...?

I could swear I had some others, but, I would have to go back and check. Certainly my leaderboard is looking rather sad right now. Should I add this M0nY168 or would that just be too frustrating?
Quote:

Supposedly mods can never take you past a 100 stat, so a maxed-out Alex with a level 10 legendary speed board will only get a miniscule bump from mods. That said, I still use them to make sure I'm maxed...

Yeah, like I said, I've been avoiding them. It smells a bit too much like an obsessive car game type of thing to me. In fact I realized I didn't even have a level 10 board until yesterday . That, at least, I have fixed...

I think I still have some trick scores over you... and there are some deadly decents and DD race event/trick events that I don't think you have posted a score in. Maybe you should focus on those for a while to give me time to re-take some of my old race scores
post #193 of 235 Old 03-16-2012, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

M0nY168 frightens me

Chris Schempp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSN - Mandos_eD
post #194 of 235 Old 03-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I wish that once you hit explore you could choose what conditions you want to run. I would make all of my runs during the day!

PSN brakel

post #195 of 235 Old 03-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Should I add this M0nY168 or would that just be too frustrating?

You're already beating him on some drops. He's in the same general skill range as us, but on the high end. Might as well add him, then block him if it gets too depressing...LOL.

Quote:

I think I still have some trick scores over you... and there are some deadly decents and DD race event/trick events that I don't think you have posted a score in. Maybe you should focus on those for a while to give me time to re-take some of my old race scores

Yeah, I'm a solid tricker, but not a great one. I can consistently get gold, and the occasional platinum in a global trick event. Survivals are more hit & miss for me, depending on the restrictions.

I do "enjoy" race/trick events on the deadly descent drops -- keeps things interesting, that's for sure...

- Jer
post #196 of 235 Old 03-16-2012, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Okay, I added him, hope it isn't a mistake .

Sadly, I was not able to return the favor of mass amounts of your records beat... JT2 in particular is proving elusive... but Bulldog, Curnoe's Moustache, Zombies with Jetpacks, Last to Hit, and Fast Forward say "hello". A few of those were pretty excellent runs, hope you have fun with them
post #197 of 235 Old 03-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

A few of those were pretty excellent runs, hope you have fun with them

Oh, I did. Cleared all your race records again. Beat your Curnoe's time by about 5-6 seconds, too! That was surprising...

- Jer
post #198 of 235 Old 03-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

I have to say, I've been playing this game pretty hardcore since it came out, and I'm still stumbling across drops I've never tried before. That's pretty cool. World Tour only gives you a tiny taste of the runs available to you in Explore.

- Jer
post #199 of 235 Old 03-19-2012, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I have to say, I've been playing this game pretty hardcore since it came out, and I'm still stumbling across drops I've never tried before. That's pretty cool. World Tour only gives you a tiny taste of the runs available to you in Explore.

- Jer

+1. I have been playing the game heavily for the most part since release and I have only hit 75 of the 153 drops so far in Explore! Love this game.

post #200 of 235 Old 03-20-2012, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Picked it up for the first time again in more than a week, set trick and time records on...grr...the track where you start between two mountains, there's a jump right away and then a really wide area with lots of rails, eventually going over the dam. That one

Chris Schempp

PSN - Mandos_eD
post #201 of 235 Old 03-20-2012, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Picked it up for the first time again in more than a week, set trick and time records on...grr...the track where you start between two mountains, there's a jump right away and then a really wide area with lots of rails, eventually going over the dam. That one

Mornin Tiger? Great track What is your trick record?

post #202 of 235 Old 03-20-2012, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Hmm...wasn't Morning Tiger with the trick record Only 23 mil there. I think I need more SSX time

Chris Schempp

PSN - Mandos_eD
post #203 of 235 Old 03-20-2012, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Hmm...wasn't Morning Tiger with the trick record Only 23 mil there. I think I need more SSX time

I hear ya. Work/life keeps getting in the way of my SSX addiction! Got in a few hours last night in Antarctica and a little on Sun, but its not enough.

post #204 of 235 Old 03-20-2012, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

I have been struggling to squeeze in just a little bit of SSX time lately between work, life, and tax prep. I have managed to set a few race records for short periods of time before JH clears them . The greeting of a set of ghost wins inevitably means I will have my scores beat . But I take what I can get LOL.

Sadly, I am heading out on vacation next week, so I won't be on for a week. The withdrawal will be terrible .
post #205 of 235 Old 03-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I have managed to set a few race records for short periods of time before JH clears them . The greeting of a set of ghost wins inevitably means I will have my scores beat . But I take what I can get.

Hey, I have to work hard for all of those! Your JT2 time is nuts. I only barely edged it out. I think I can improve on Curnoe's by a couple more seconds, but that's with perfect execution. Getting near the wall on some of these...

- Jer
post #206 of 235 Old 03-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Advanced Member

The race and trick global events on "Beyond The Fall" have both crossed over 50,000 participants, so if you care about getting a platinum trophy for the game, you should probably join one of them before they expire. It's strongly suspected that EA monkeyed with the numbers to get them that high, since previous counts have never passed 40k...

- Jer
post #207 of 235 Old 04-01-2012, 01:31 PM

Liked: 16
SSX is on sale in Best Buy ad this week for 29.99.
post #208 of 235 Old 04-02-2012, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMad View Post

SSX is on sale in Best Buy ad this week for 29.99.

Man, I am tempted to get a second copy at that price, but this time for the PS3 upstairs (my copy I have now is on the 360 which I play in the HT) so I can play with my PS3 friends here and elsewhere.

I did wrap up getting ALL gold on all 153 drops in Explore last night which felt good! 3 of the last drops I did were Death Zone and the survive it gave me a bit of trouble. The track is really not that difficult once you know it, but I just kept making careless and stupid mistakes on my 3rd or 4th trip down which was always short of gold. Finally hit almost 5 runs down which was good enough for gold before my wing suit just gave out and I could not get across one of the gaps. I was able to nail race and trick first time down thankfully which were both MUCH easier for me. I saved Serenity for last for some reason and ended up pounding away at that track for a good ~2 hours...........what a fantastic drop this is for both racing and tricking! So much fun. I was only able to hit a high of 76 mil though so I got some work to do to find a great trick line. Not bad I guess for my first time on that drop (besides the 1 time in World Tour), but I was thinking I would hit in the 80-90 mil range right off the bat.

I enjoyed the vast majority of tracks in the game, but there are definitely a few I will probably never play again such as the oxygen drops which are just flat out annoying IMO. I definitely had mixed emotions on the reverse cam Alaska track as well, but that one actually grew on me as I learned how to manage it better and got used to the different camera angle. Patagonia might be my favorite region overall. I expected to love it for racing, but what I did not expect was how much fun trick it would be in conjunction with the wing suit. This throws a whole new twist on trick events that I found fantastic! Putting the wings away when you are insanely high in the air and tricking all the way down to the ground and then repeating is so much fun IMO. I enjoyed all the regions overall to one degree or another and found the diversity excellent. I am really looking forward to diving into GEs now which I have only touched upon. I also love that one of the tracks I initially hated (One Step Ahead) has become one of my favorites for racing in particular both with and without the wing suit. So technical and challenging, but there is not a bigger rush in the game when you are on top of this track and having a good run!

Long story short though is this is THE best game I have played in I dont know how long. I can also safely say it is THE most addicting game I have personally ever played. I am in love......

post #209 of 235 Old 04-07-2012, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hey, I have to work hard for all of those! Your JT2 time is nuts. I only barely edged it out. I think I can improve on Curnoe's by a couple more seconds, but that's with perfect execution. Getting near the wall on some of these...

- Jer

Finally got in some quality time, and I've made some improvements on a handful of races. In particular a pretty nice time on Curnoe's now that I've found the shortcut you were using

I also managed to improve on the JT2 score although at this point it feels like squeezing blood out of a turnip.

I have been hitting some other tracks, I still have a ton I haven't even placed in. I am really struggling with the wingsuit heavy tracks though (e.g. Sentinel) and am just not finding them fun...
post #210 of 235 Old 04-11-2012, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Anyone up for an AVS forum custom event?

I'm a trick guy so I'd prefer it be a trick event.

Any suggestions for track/parameters?

PSN ID: Seldom_Seen
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page