Please help me with my PS3 and Panasonic Plasma! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-12-2011, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm trying to run both audio & video via HDMI. I have an Onkyo 5.1 receiver that handles Dolby TrueHD, DTS Hi Resolution, etc.

So I've connected one HDMI cable from the PS3, to the receiver's dedicated "GAME" HDMI input.

Then I connected the second HDMI cable from the receiver's HDMI out input, to the TV.

For some reason, something is wrong with the connection. The sound is extremely quiet and muffled from the 5.1 speakers. The video is fine. I tried switching between HDMI inputs 1 & 2 on the TV but it makes no difference.

What am I doing wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-13-2011, 10:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Maybe I misunderstand, but I don't see how the tv is involved in your problem. Switching tv inputs does nothing for the Onkyo as far as 5.1 sound. Try moving the ps3 to a different input on the Onkyo. Then try different output settings on the ps3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XciteMe83 View Post

I'm trying to run both audio & video via HDMI. I have an Onkyo 5.1 receiver that handles Dolby TrueHD, DTS Hi Resolution, etc.

So I've connected one HDMI cable from the PS3, to the receiver's dedicated "GAME" HDMI input.

Then I connected the second HDMI cable from the receiver's HDMI out input, to the TV.

For some reason, something is wrong with the connection. The sound is extremely quiet and muffled from the 5.1 speakers. The video is fine. I tried switching between HDMI inputs 1 & 2 on the TV but it makes no difference.

What am I doing wrong?

post #3 of 3 Old 01-14-2011, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Just taking a guess here but have you checked your PS3's audio settings to make sure that 5.1 is enabled? I often find it is helpful to go thru the PS3's audio and video setup screens after installing new hardware/cables just to make sure that the right settings are selected.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page