Dark Souls... From Software's epic action-RPG - Page 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 1246 Old 03-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I hope this announcement they are teasing on their FB page is DLC and not just the PC release

Gamertag: Fargus
Playstation ID: Fargus79
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1246 Old 03-21-2012, 09:57 AM

Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd View Post

I would like to try this, so mabye I can have enough humanity and make the next play through a little easier. Is teh you tube vid the best instructions?
I dont want to risk losing my sl 100 char with almost 80 hrs invested

It's real easy. Just make sure you don't overwrite your original character and you are good to go. You're only ever going to hit triangle over your original character:

post #1173 of 1246 Old 03-26-2012, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
worked great...now just have to make it through TOG and then on to the final boss.....what a releif it will be to see the ending

xbox live GT: xXmaximus prime
PSN: maximus_rr
I have to go, I have a meeting with the bobs, uhhh I wasnt aware of any meeting......yeah they called me at home
post #1174 of 1246 Old 03-26-2012, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

.....what a releif it will be to see the ending

"Relief" is a good word. What I'm saying is, don't get too excited about watching the "ending."

Brandon
post #1175 of 1246 Old 03-26-2012, 12:55 PM

Like the game, almost all the story is in the gameplay, your interaction with NCP's and in the item descriptions.

The "ending" is not different.
post #1176 of 1246 Old 03-26-2012, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

hahahaha the ending will dissapoint, but it will make sense... sort of like the ending for demons souls, although that one was far more lengthy
post #1177 of 1246 Old 03-27-2012, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Just to know that I have "completed" the game will be where the relief comes in. This is by far the hardest game I have ever played, yet I stuck with it and couldnt put it down. Hopefully I'll get some time this week to play, havent played since last thursday....after a few days off I usually end up dying pretty quick as I forget to do something...like use my shield

I have to go, I have a meeting with the bobs, uhhh I wasnt aware of any meeting......yeah they called me at home
post #1178 of 1246 Old 04-05-2012, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

I defeated Nito last weekend and have just been messing around, invading, and dropping my summon sign to help people...it's almost like I'm avoiding finishing the game because I know i'll be thrust into NG and it will be harder...oh well its been fun I think I'm gonna hit it this weekend and get it finished.

post #1179 of 1246 Old 04-08-2012, 07:43 PM

I stopped playing this as sl105. Skyrim came out and that's all I played, up until a week ago. Was always bummed that I never finished Dark Souls.

Saw it sitting on my equipment rack, (I just got done remodeling n upgrading my home theater), so I popped it in.

Totally hooked again!!! And, I still suck ass at pvp. Hate invasions. I win about 1 out of every 10. Lol. I have a tank build and still get taken apart by people that seem to be WAY more powerful than I. Weird.

The last guy that invaded me was cool though. We battled up in The Dukes Archives. He helped destroy all the desks n chairs so we'd have a clear area to fight. Was respectful and bowed before we began. I returned the favor. He ended up using some aoe spell that made rock spikes come up outta the floor, with fire, and that's what took me out. Since he was cool; no indictment. He even left me my stuff. Thanks bro. Good fight! Wish I could say all are like that.

Trying to find a good armor setup. Gotta admit that I've been using the boring Havels armor. I need to mix n match better stuff. Was thinking about cranking up the Black Iron to a +5, which gives a higher defense than Havel, weighs less too. Might throw in the +10 elite knight legs since it seems like endurance goes up slower with all Black Iron.

Not stopping until I defeat this game. Still have quite a bit more to do. Currently going after Seath. The Lordvessel has been placed but, this is the first king I've gone after.

Any tips from tank build players on their fave armor combos?
post #1180 of 1246 Old 04-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrik Draven View Post

Any tips from tank build players on their fave armor combos?

I wound up doing some combination of Giants +5 and Black Iron +5 that maxed my physical defense while staying under 50% equip burden. Had an Eagle Shield +15, also. That said, I wasn't a Strength build, so I didn't have super-heavy weapons -- I was more of a "hunter tank", doing bow + fire axe with high defense.

- Jer
post #1181 of 1246 Old 04-08-2012, 10:18 PM

I have the eagle shield. Previously it was a +10 but, I had it modded to lightning shield. Waste. Dumb mistake. I didn't know you could elevate it up to +15. Cool!! Going to have to revert it back, then raise it up.

My character is pretty high in strength. Can swing the Dragons Tooth weapon pretty well. I've been getting hit by people using greatswords enchanted with lightning, quite a bit. Is this the latest way to go? I have a Black Knights sword that is currently at a +4. No lightning.

You know, when you first start playing DS, it seems like just a hack n slash rpg, but the more you dig beneath the surface, it is actually quite deep and complex. Some of the player builds that people come up with, well, are impressive.
post #1182 of 1246 Old 04-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

I've been getting hit by people using greatswords enchanted with lightning, quite a bit. Is this the latest way to go?

Lightning +5 is a popular choice for elemental weapons, and many enemies are weak to it, but Fire +10 or Chaos +5 with 10 humanity will generally do more damage. For high-level play (NG+++) people tend to stick with standard +15 to maximize damage in a single area and then use buffs to boost it further. Enemy damage resistance gets high enough on later playthroughs that higher split damage can actually cause less injury than lower, concentrated damage.

- Jer
post #1183 of 1246 Old 04-09-2012, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaines View Post

Lightning +5 is a popular choice for elemental weapons, and many enemies are weak to it, but Fire +10 or Chaos +5 with 10 humanity will generally do more damage. For high-level play (NG+++) people tend to stick with standard +15 to maximize damage in a single area and then use buffs to boost it further. Enemy damage resistance gets high enough on later playthroughs that higher split damage can actually cause less injury than lower, concentrated damage.

- Jer

Thanks for the info. It's getting to be like algebra, coming up with all the builds/buffs.

Not really planning on doing a NG+ playthrough. I'm going to be happy if I beat this on one playthrough, besides, there's other stuff I need to catch up on/play.
post #1184 of 1246 Old 04-09-2012, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah I'm having trouble figuring out which weapons to build, I know the blacksmith in catacombs can turn weapons into chaos, but what kind of weapon do you have to have for him to do it? I gave him the large ember from demons ruins.

I am currently leveling up a silver knight sword to see what it will do, I have alot of boss souls in inventory. Currently using quelags fury sword maxed out

post #1185 of 1246 Old 04-09-2012, 08:08 AM

post #1186 of 1246 Old 04-09-2012, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 35
On PVP I used a +5 lighting zwei that someone gave me, really cool guy. That is a one combo (3-5 hits) kill to almost everyone I was fighting. I used that until I got better at PVP then switched between the lifehunt scythe and chaos blade. I'd use those for weaker opponents or until I was about to die, then the zwei would turn the tide.

I feel you on "avoiding" the end of the game. I stalled in the kiln for almost 30 hours just PVPing with people. The end of the game was letdown...I kinda wish I'd just stayed doing pvp.

"Damn, you can't get black levels like that on your projector!"
- My brother, just before he realized his LED display had died.

Link to my Basement build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1529034/conspiracy-basement-build
post #1187 of 1246 Old 04-11-2012, 03:00 PM

Got into a pvp last night, gown in The Demon Ruins. Wasn't an honorable guy. Thanks to having a high vitality, and maxed out black iron armor, I was able to withstand his non stop attempts at backstabbing. With just a shred of life left, I took him out with a swing of my black knight great axe. Really feels good to win against a dick.
post #1188 of 1246 Old 04-11-2012, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
First the Xbox and now the PC? Arrrrrrrrgh!
post #1189 of 1246 Old 04-12-2012, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Got into a pvp last night, gown in The Demon Ruins. Wasn't an honorable guy. Thanks to having a high vitality, and maxed out black iron armor, I was able to withstand his non stop attempts at backstabbing. With just a shred of life left, I took him out with a swing of my black knight great axe. Really feels good to win against a dick.

seems everytime I get summoned to anor londo I spawn in and there are 2 of them....usually equals death for me pretty quick

post #1190 of 1246 Old 04-12-2012, 05:03 PM

The PC version is a good thing, IMHO. Dark Souls will be playable in all it's glory, without being held back by the comparatively weak ps3 hardware.

Will be cool to see high rezz textures, and buttery smooth framerates.

I'm not getting it though. Too far into the ps3 version. I just can't stomach the idea of starting over again, with a weak new character, and the long hard grind up the leveling mountain. Did that already.
post #1191 of 1246 Old 04-12-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:

The PC version is a good thing, IMHO. Dark Souls will be playable in all it's glory, without being held back by the comparatively weak ps3 hardware.

Will be cool to see high rezz textures, and buttery smooth framerates.

I'm not getting it though. Too far into the ps3 version. I just can't stomach the idea of starting over again, with a weak new character, and the long hard grind up the leveling mountain. Did that already.

Who says it's getting high res textures? Didn't look like it in the trailer...

My guess is the most you'll see is the new content and a steady framerate.

still, there seems to be a good amount of new content. I'm guessing it'll make the jump to PSN sooner or later.
post #1192 of 1246 Old 04-14-2012, 03:14 PM

I haven't seen any of the trailers. Was just guessing/hoping From Software would take advantage of what the pc can offer.

I'm also hoping that all the new content they're added, becomes avail to the ps3 as DLC. Would be real nice to have some new content.

Can't imagine what they're going to come up with for a true sequel.
post #1193 of 1246 Old 04-16-2012, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok....I screwed up I think. I have been down to finishing the game for about 2 weeks now, but instead of finishing I have been invading, dropping my summon sign, scaling some weapons etc....last night while purchasing twinkling titanite I hit the wrong button and struck the giant blacksmith....he got up and came after me, will it be this way from now on? or will he not be hostile after a while?

He was my only source for the twinkly...if he is gonna stay hostile I may just go ahead and finish to start Ng.....

post #1194 of 1246 Old 04-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

Ok....I screwed up I think. I have been down to finishing the game for about 2 weeks now, but instead of finishing I have been invading, dropping my summon sign, scaling some weapons etc....last night while purchasing twinkling titanite I hit the wrong button and struck the giant blacksmith....he got up and came after me, will it be this way from now on? or will he not be hostile after a while?

He was my only source for the twinkly...if he is gonna stay hostile I may just go ahead and finish to start Ng.....

I'm pretty sure he stays hostile until NG+

The Weekend Warriors
post #1195 of 1246 Old 04-16-2012, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I believe you can absolve your sins from Oswald, which will make the merchant go back to normal.
post #1196 of 1246 Old 04-16-2012, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

I believe you can absolve your sins from Oswald, which will make the merchant go back to normal.

hmmm please explain? I really wanted to level some more weapons before going to ng+

Thanks, I looked it up on the wiki..i'll ck it out tonight...looks like it will cost me about 51,000 souls

post #1197 of 1246 Old 04-16-2012, 11:15 AM

Yup go to the church tower after where you fought the dual gargoyles. The NCP there will reset "sin" which is basically NCP argo.

But be prepared for the hefty price of 2000 souls per SL.
post #1198 of 1246 Old 04-18-2012, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member

actually it cost me 500 souls per sl...51,000 hard earned souls.
Oh well its done and I can continue on leveling up some weapons before ending this play through with this char.

post #1199 of 1246 Old 04-18-2012, 07:32 AM

hmmm, it must have changed in a patch. Damn you FS!
post #1200 of 1246 Old 04-23-2012, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

I still havent finished...I have been running through the game with my second char and then I came to blightown......I pretty much skipped all of it, entered through valley of drakes and will press on. The depths and blightown is enough to make a preacher cuss!

Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page