post #271 of 1615 Old 10-31-2011, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

I do feel this game might need a patch or two. Something happened to me last night. I became invisible or invincible. One or the other. No one would shoot at me and I would rack up a ton of kills. I don't know if it was normal. But I just felt like something was wrong. Got a ton of kills just sitting on flag B.

That happened in a couple of games during the beta to me (I wasn't lucky enough to have been the invisible one). Sad to see the problem carried over to the real game... in the beta after I got killed it would cut to a twitching body located way back on the beginning part of the map that was no longer playable (rush mode). But that twitching body didnt kill me, it's the invisible SOB that spawned from it that got me.. lol so more than likely that's what your enemies saw after you killed them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1615 Old 10-31-2011, 01:27 PM
SC7

Is it just me or do the anti tank missiles not work? I mean the first day they did...but no more...I aim and ..nothing? Seems like some huge kinks at the moment. Seems like they rushed the finished product to beat call of duty release?
post #273 of 1615 Old 10-31-2011, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC7 View Post

Is it just me or do the anti tank missiles not work? I mean the first day they did...but no more...I aim and ..nothing? Seems like some huge kinks at the moment. Seems like they rushed the finished product to beat call of duty release?

Are you referring to the Engineer's RPGs? They work for me.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #274 of 1615 Old 10-31-2011, 03:01 PM

Forgive me if the names are wrong but I am guessing that you are using the wrong wrong rocket launcher. For instance, the stinger is only good for ground to air attacks but the RPG (the one you start with) is unguided and works against tanks. Try switching to that one.

I haven't seen a problem yet.
post #275 of 1615 Old 10-31-2011, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkoza View Post

That happened in a couple of games during the beta to me (I wasn't lucky enough to have been the invisible one). Sad to see the problem carried over to the real game... in the beta after I got killed it would cut to a twitching body located way back on the beginning part of the map that was no longer playable (rush mode). But that twitching body didnt kill me, it's the invisible SOB that spawned from it that got me.. lol so more than likely that's what your enemies saw after you killed them.

Maybe. I got like 100+ kills in one game. That isn't a cod record for me. But it's definitely a Battlefield record. My previous was only 72-16
post #276 of 1615 Old 10-31-2011, 07:35 PM

Liked: 832
Wow, loving the server options, ability to see Pings, regions, and even queue up for the servers you know won't lag on you!

This is how console gaming should be set up!

Also noticed "matchmaking" tends to throw you into ****** European or Japanese servers 1/2 way cross the world...
post #277 of 1615 Old 10-31-2011, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 20
After 2 days of struggling with this pile I told my brother not to buy it as it just wasn't that fun. Out of frustration of not being able to aim I look around on the Internet and find out there are all sorts of controller lag issues. This is ridiculous, why as a PS3 owner do I continually get screwed? Game is almost unplayable on my Sony vw-60. Trying to hit a moving target at range is a futile effort. If for some reason you get lucky it doesn't matter because it takes 15 hits with some of the guns.

Not so sure I want to even bother with waiting 3 months for them to fix it.
post #278 of 1615 Old 10-31-2011, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah Try playing with friends

three attempts

1st one, I was the only one that got on the server, other 2 people left behind

2nd one, I was the only one on the other team

3rd one, I was on the same team as the other two guys, but couldn't get into their squad

oh and the game froze on me about 5x tonight... battlefield is battling my patience
post #279 of 1615 Old 10-31-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post

After 2 days of struggling with this pile I told my brother not to buy it as it just wasn't that fun. Out of frustration of not being able to aim I look around on the Internet and find out there are all sorts of controller lag issues. This is ridiculous, why as a PS3 owner do I continually get screwed? Game is almost unplayable on my Sony vw-60. Trying to hit a moving target at range is a futile effort. If for some reason you get lucky it doesn't matter because it takes 15 hits with some of the guns.

Not so sure I want to even bother with waiting 3 months for them to fix it.

^ this.
post #280 of 1615 Old 10-31-2011, 11:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Haven't had any issues except the one glitch ONE time.
post #281 of 1615 Old 11-01-2011, 05:52 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouscuban View Post

Queustion: Is there a tracer dart like in BFBC2?

Also, anyone else get booted out of MP games frequently. I get booted out of about 2 out of 3 games.

Tracer darts aren't needed in BF3 since you have many other options for locking onto targets (Stinger, SA-18 for anti-air, Javelin for anti-armor, and recon has SOFLAM for painting targets for others). That's one of the things I like about BF3. Such a vast array of weaponry to get killed by

This game is a blast when it's working. For me the main issues are:
1. Input lag - I've gotten used to it, but I wish it was like BC2. Keeping the sensitivity low and being light on the stick helps.
2. Matchmaking! - Quick match doesn't work at all for me.
3. Hit detection - Nothing like hitting someone in the head at point blank range (even seeing the blood spatter) then seeing he has 100% health after he kills you.

DICE is in for supporting BF3 over the long haul so I think things will improve. People forget BC2 was also a mess when it first released (and I bet MW3 is also).

If you ever have a chance to get in the TUNGUSKA do it. You can tear some stuff up with that thing.

PSN: MakoCSH
post #282 of 1615 Old 11-01-2011, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

These games being a mess on release has kept me playing COD4 for years. I'm just now thinking about trying BlackOps. I didn't enjoy BC2, MW2 was rife with hackers and cheaters, its like you have to wait 3-6 months from release to get something that's playable, if it's not lag, matchmaking, or hackers...I'm surprised that these things still sell so well.

PSN: VinnAY-DBC
post #283 of 1615 Old 11-01-2011, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 86
I haven't had any issues either. Don't know what the mess is that you guys refer to. (Lucky I guess). I'm *finally* starting to make headway, getting a little better. Learning the maps is huge, makes such a difference.

I hate Caspian Border by the way. You basically spend all your time running if you're not lucky enough to get a vehicle.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #284 of 1615 Old 11-01-2011, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

I haven't had any issues either. Don't know what the mess is that you guys refer to. (Lucky I guess). I'm *finally* starting to make headway, getting a little better. Learning the maps is huge, makes such a difference.

I hate Caspian Border by the way. You basically spend all your time running if you're not lucky enough to get a vehicle.

Not if you play in a squad! A good one none the less.
post #285 of 1615 Old 11-01-2011, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 20
The game just isn't fun for me, it's nothing but frustration and cursing. My guy jerks around like he has tourettes. Fired up BC2 just for giggles last night, and it's oh so silky smooth. I can't believe, I mean i really can't fathom how dice thought this was acceptable to release to the public. People on the forums that have played the xbox360 version say it's fine. Only problems are on Playstation... again. I have more sony products than i can count but this stupid ps3 is really testing my limits, i might go xbox4 next year or 2013 when the new consoles come out.
post #286 of 1615 Old 11-01-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

Yup, knowing the maps is key. First time in a new one and you're literally lost.

Also haven't have any problems. Went directly to the server list though, picked a Eastern US server with no lag and had a blast! Besides one other person no rubber banding, ghosting, or phantom "shoot a clip, get taken out by 2 shots while around a cover" BS that has plagued me on the console this gen.

This is how online MP is supposed to be!

Pretty sure you can squad up and then pick a game through the server list, right? Auto balancing is probably what is splitting up squads. They should just able it for squad joins, while keeping it for individual joins.
post #287 of 1615 Old 11-01-2011, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Just for the record - MW2, which I still play, actually released with FANTASTIC multiplayer (not speaking to style of gameplay, I mean it didn't have issues with lag and server errors).

There were hardly any issues if I remember correctly, at least compared to all the SOCOMs and apparently this release of BF.

The MW2 hackers/glitchers came along about a year later and have since been completely cleaned up in the wake of the PSN hacking scandal.

Say what you want about the twitch-style of play in MW which is unappealing to most of us, they seem to know how to roll out a FINISHED FPS multiplayer experience better than anyone.

PSN = JUST_KEVIN
post #288 of 1615 Old 11-01-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor_Kevin View Post

I mean it didn't have issues with lag and server errors

It did and does have lag.

And there were no server issues, because there were no servers. It was strictly P2P.

BF3 was rushed to beat MW3. That's apparent. But DICE has been very good in the past of fixing most issues and fixing balance issue that they hadn't caught in pre-testing. BLOPS had a very shaky first month too from what I remember. MW2 was also MW with some new assets thrown in... so the number of bugs should have been minimal. BF3 is the next iteration of their engine, which tends to introduce new problems.

Dev's get away with it now because of HDD's. Ship and fix later is the new deal.
post #289 of 1615 Old 11-01-2011, 10:16 AM

I'm loving this game, but if DICE/EA wanted to convert more of the CoD types they could've improved upon some things.

First the manual is a joke, and the bigger slap in the face is the electronic manual, which is pretty much text about the infantry controls.

Veterens on the message boards complain about people not playing in squads, spotting enemies, using support kits.
If you're new to this game, it's not like the game tells you about any of this, so how are you supposed to know?

Aside from that, it's a blast and a great fresh of air from CoD. So many different things to do in the same game that it'll never get stale.
post #290 of 1615 Old 11-01-2011, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

But DICE has been very good in the past of fixing most issues and fixing balance issue that they hadn't caught in pre-testing.

I wholeheartedly disagree about DICE's past of fixing most issues.

It took them almost half a year to fix the mic problems in Bad Company 1, and after that, there were still some issues with it.

To my knowledge, they never fixed the mic problems in 1943.
post #291 of 1615 Old 11-01-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppshooky View Post

I wholeheartedly disagree about DICE's past of fixing most issues.

It took them almost half a year to fix the mic problems in Bad Company 1, and after that, there were still some issues with it.

To my knowledge, they never fixed the mic problems in 1943.

Shoulda said save one. VOIP is their nemesis apparently.
post #292 of 1615 Old 11-01-2011, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Shoulda said save one. VOIP is their nemesis apparently.

It's a pretty important feature to have working. Otherwise, communicating with your squad sucks.
post #293 of 1615 Old 11-01-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daschrier View Post

Veterens on the message boards c-omplain about people not playing in squads, spotting enemies, using support kits.
If you're new to this game, it's not like the game tells you about any of this, so how are you supposed to know?

I'm a BF noob, I've been searching multi player guides on the net in an effort to learn more about the game before I actually log on. Trying to keep the embarrassment to a minimum when I do get on.
If you Google any of those terms (playing in squads, spotting enemies, using support kits, multiplayer guide) connected to BF you will find plenty of info. You-Tube has tons of videos on strategy and what not.
post #294 of 1615 Old 11-01-2011, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Smith View Post

I'm a BF noob, I've been searching multi player guides on the net in an effort to learn more about the game before I actually log on. Trying to keep the embarrassment to a minimum when I do get on.
If you Google any of those terms (playing in squads, spotting enemies, using support kits, multiplayer guide) connected to BF you will find plenty of info. You-Tube has tons of videos on strategy and what not.

Hope you don't end up like him lol:
It's mw related but I posted more for the sense of a fps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3lvxTo4Oq8
post #295 of 1615 Old 11-01-2011, 06:34 PM
SC7

Man, I'm just not feeling good about this game. Loved Battlefield 2, absolute blast, but the feel and scope of this game sucks? Guess I'll give it a few more days but the maps just dont cut it for me at this point. Ridiculous amounts of lag. Why should aiming a damn weapon be so much more difficult than the last game? Just not much fun...whens the first update? Going back to battlefield 2....always a blast!
post #296 of 1615 Old 11-01-2011, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

yeah its the lag that makes aiming difficult, I'd imagine those of you without lag problems are on the west coast? There's always very few east coast servers, probably because of the snowstorm.
post #297 of 1615 Old 11-01-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Smith View Post

-If you-re running down the middle of a road, you're doing it wrong.

-Stick close to squad mates and heal/resupply/repair/spot for them.
post #298 of 1615 Old 11-01-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonies View Post

yeah its the lag that makes aiming difficult, I'd imagine those of you without lag problems are on the west coast? There's always very few east coast servers, probably because of the snowstorm.

Sonies, I keep seeing you on European servers... Are you using quick match?

I wasn't having any net lag issues last night, but did get some lag and rubber banding today. Also noticed a influx of Euros in the servers that did it.

Wish there were a few servers that wouldn't let in non American IP's.
post #299 of 1615 Old 11-02-2011, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 View Post

Hope you don't end up like him lol:
It's mw related but I posted more for the sense of a fps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3lvxTo4Oq8

That is too funny.. Would taking a sick day to play be an early warning sign?
post #300 of 1615 Old 11-02-2011, 03:18 AM

Quote:

-If you-re running down the middle of a road, you're doing it wrong.

-Stick close to squad mates and heal/resupply/repair/spot for them.

Thanks for the tips. I don't want to be the guy running around not working with the squad..
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page