Battlefield 3 For PS3 - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 1615 Old 11-05-2011, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I was really going to buy BF3 but the beta (I know it's a Beta) completly turned me off.
And I tried several times to like it but no,..it didn't happened.
After the Beta, I went and play some MW2 and wow,..the difference,.. I cancelled my pre order.
EA servers are also a turn off,...I suffer it everyday in fifa12,...but my love for the game is betond it's servers problem.
MW3,..here I come,..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 1615 Old 11-05-2011, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 View Post

I was really going to buy BF3 but the beta (I know it's a Beta) completly turned me off.
And I tried several times to like it but no,..it didn't happened.
After the Beta, I went and play some MW2 and wow,..the difference,.. I cancelled my pre order.
EA servers are also a turn off,...I suffer it everyday in fifa12,...but my love for the game is betond it's servers problem.
MW3,..here I come,..

Every issue from the BETA, besides chat, is gone.

Your loss, but I think you made a mistake. Metro is by far the smallest map.
post #363 of 1615 Old 11-05-2011, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
What you are likely experiencing is 'Input/Controller lag". Look it up online, it is a MAJOR complaint especially on PS3 platform for BF3. basically (at least for some people) there is a confirmed lag of about 0.250-0.500 secs between the time you register a move on the thumbstick, and the time the move actually takes place on screen. This of course makes it almost impossible to aim accurately in the middle of a frantic battle. You will find yourself constantly compensating back/forth until you eventually get the aim where you (sort of) want it.
In a console environment, such input lag makes things so much worse than on a PC, its harder to aim with a thumbstick than a mouse to begin with. Unacceptable.

This is the main reason why I absolutely hate BF3 and cannot play it until they fix it. Bad Company 2, which Ive continued to play, is absolutely SNAPPY in this department, immediate responsiveness... this makes or breaks a fps game.

Honestly, even if they do fix the input lag, the overall graphics are a turn off on PS3, and the jet action is kinda dumb imho.

I continue to play Bc2 and love it more then ever LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daschrier View Post

Does anyone else find the aiming to be a little....wooden? I find it very hard to track enemies in this game, as the aiming controls just seem sluggish and unresponsive.

I'm only an average player even in CoD, but find the CoD aiming to be a bit snappy and lively.

The Moderno Theatre! Slideshow (here, and here!)
Pixar screenplay slideshows here!
post #364 of 1615 Old 11-05-2011, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnolivos View Post

What you are likely experiencing is 'Input/Controller lag". Look it up online, it is a MAJOR complaint especially on PS3 platform for BF3. basically (at least for some people) there is a confirmed lag of about 0.250-0.500 secs between the time you register a move on the thumbstick, and the time the move actually takes place on screen. This of course makes it almost impossible to aim accurately in the middle of a frantic battle. You will find yourself constantly compensating back/forth until you eventually get the aim where you (sort of) want it.
In a console environment, such input lag makes things so much worse than on a PC, its harder to aim with a thumbstick than a mouse to begin with. Unacceptable.

This is the main reason why I absolutely hate BF3 and cannot play it until they fix it. Bad Company 2, which Ive continued to play, is absolutely SNAPPY in this department, immediate responsiveness... this makes or breaks a fps game.

Honestly, even if they do fix the input lag, the overall graphics are a turn off on PS3, and the jet action is kinda dumb imho.

I continue to play Bc2 and love it more then ever LOL.

The lag seems on and off for me. Went to a buddy's house the other day. Game was without a doubt unplayable. The lag was just ridiculous. Jet action is actually pretty fun. I see what you mean about graphics. Console is just crap compared to the PC. My main problem with PC is the amount of hackers in it. That is the only reason i do not play online games on PC. Just RPG type games or anything single player.
post #365 of 1615 Old 11-06-2011, 12:43 AM

Liked: 14
Will skip EA/Dice in the future they missed the mark, campaign wise.
post #366 of 1615 Old 11-06-2011, 07:57 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift1 View Post

Ill agree that the campaign is awful, (one of the worst Ive ever played) I literately was thrilled when the ending trophy popped up. But the MP is fantastic! Ill be playing it for a long time. As far as graphics I actually think Bad Co 2 looked better.

PSN and LIVE gt: Jmill79
post #367 of 1615 Old 11-06-2011, 08:41 AM

any body know when flying jets do you just have machine gun option....i dont know but when flying it would say lock on then id blow up......just want to know if i will ever have an option for missle lock when flying a jet? maybe i have to unlock something.... sorry ive never played any battlefield game just COD...
post #368 of 1615 Old 11-06-2011, 10:18 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

I'm loving this game, but if DICE/EA wanted to convert more of the CoD types they could've improved upon some things.

First the manual is a joke, and the bigger slap in the face is the electronic manual, which is pretty much text about the infantry controls.

Veterens on the message boards complain about people not playing in squads, spotting enemies, using support kits.
If you're new to this game, it's not like the game tells you about any of this, so how are you supposed to know?

Aside from that, it's a blast and a great fresh of air from CoD. So many different things to do in the same game that it'll never get stale.

Yea no lie...the manual is by far the worst I've had!!! I had to buy the strategy guide to figure out how to do alot of things in the game. Other than that the game is really good.
post #369 of 1615 Old 11-06-2011, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Actually, Im comparing Frostbite 2 (BF3) to Frostbite 1 (Bad Company 2). Both compared on PS3... FB2/BC2 is a lot lot better and nicer and crisper and smoother.... absurd! but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

I see what you mean about graphics. Console is just crap compared to the PC.

The Moderno Theatre! Slideshow (here, and here!)
Pixar screenplay slideshows here!
post #370 of 1615 Old 11-06-2011, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherb1 View Post

any body know when flying jets do you just have machine gun option....i dont know but when flying it would say lock on then id blow up......just want to know if i will ever have an option for missle lock when flying a jet? maybe i have to unlock something.... sorry ive never played any battlefield game just COD...

Yup. You go locked on by a stinger or someone else in a get or chopper. It's unlocks you ear after getting points. You'd be surprised how quickly your going to end up getting them. I'm on my last unlock for my jets!
post #371 of 1615 Old 11-06-2011, 02:40 PM

well, unlocked the Javalin.

Apparently it won't lock onto air vehicles, and it's worth on ground vehicles is pretty much useless. It's only slightly longer than the RPG, but it's reload time and lock on time until you can fire make it pointless.

Seems too like there's also no anti-infantry launcher this time around Need to unlock the G320(?) grenade launcher for that, but it's not part of the engineer class.
post #372 of 1615 Old 11-06-2011, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Javelin seems much stronger then the normal RPG. I like to use it because you can lock on causing you to hit a tank from a very far distance.
post #373 of 1615 Old 11-06-2011, 04:08 PM

That true, but at close to medium range I feel like I can get off 3-4 RPG's, which is more damage in the same amount of time. There's maybe one or two maps where you'd even be able to spot a tank at long distance.

I'd be a little happier if it acted like the real thing and they allowed us to use it against fortifications and lock on to helicopters.
post #374 of 1615 Old 11-06-2011, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

That true, but at close to medium range I feel like I can get off 3-4 RPG's, which is more damage in the same amount of time. There's maybe one or two maps where you'd even be able to spot a tank at long distance.

I'd be a little happier if it acted like the real thing and they allowed us to use it against fortifications and lock on to helicopters.

Yeah. no clue as to why they didn't have it lock on air support. That's just dumb. Even worse that it doesn't kill a tank from on top unless locked on with someone using recon. Either way I still use it. A normal RPG + The JAV means tank dies rather quickly. I'm almost never the only one shooting down a tank.
post #375 of 1615 Old 11-07-2011, 03:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
wait tyrant. your complaining about the engineer?

the engineer is already the most powerfull class in this game.
add the scar-H weapon and your invincible. close range combat you win. if there are tanks you win. if you want to shoot airplane out of the sky you can. heleicopters boats ect. you can! engineer can rank up faster then any other class. how many times have you seen 1st place won by any other classes? in conquest or rush?

now i am pimping up my assault class. but it is pretty much worthless compared to engineer. you see i have a grenada launcher which does do almost no damage on tanks. and needs 1 shot direct on the opponent to kill. it is basicly worthless because takes to long to reload to for being it effective. just first shot it is fine. because it is already loaded. if you miss you pretty much screwed.

my weapon the M416 has so much recoil that when i shoot on an enemy it looks like i am shooting at the moon.

in other words , engineer is like superman without kryptonite and yet you want to make him even more powerfull !!!
post #376 of 1615 Old 11-07-2011, 06:00 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I got the mvp ribbon with support class.

If you don't mind being suicidal, C4'ing tanks is quite fun, and nets you a lot of points.

The engineer class is quite useful in many situations, but I've been playing support because I like LMGs and ammo reloading.
post #377 of 1615 Old 11-07-2011, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I got the mvp ribbon with support class.

If you don't mind being suicidal, C4'ing tanks is quite fun, and nets you a lot of points.

The engineer class is quite useful in many situations, but I've been playing support because I like LMGs and ammo reloading.

Best way to rack up MVP is stay in a tank the entire match with a fellow team mate supporting you. You can easily get 30+ kills without dying while racking up a ton of points.
post #378 of 1615 Old 11-07-2011, 06:26 AM

Is the SCAR H overpowered like BC2's pre-patch M60? I swear I see more people using the SCAR H than any other gun. When everybody's using the same gun, it's most likely overpowered. The M60 in BC2 was a god gun before they nerfed it. No recoil, high damage, and it damaged helicopters.

Only played a little bit of BF3 this weekend, but I had a good time. I don't like it quite as much as BC2, but it's still a good game.

TWW resident bullet sponge
PSN: ThreeWulfMoon
post #379 of 1615 Old 11-07-2011, 06:58 AM

Liked: 11
I run with the aks-74u mostly and when I spot and hoot an enemy first, but they kill me before I can finish them, they usually use the SCAR. I don't like the SCAR sights, so I don't try it often.
post #380 of 1615 Old 11-07-2011, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:

If you bought BF3 for the single player campaign, ur doin it rong.

------------------------------------
PSN/XBO: frankthetoad
post #381 of 1615 Old 11-07-2011, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Well said, d3code - except about the M416... I love that gun. I don't find the recoil any worse than any other machine gun. Got the reflex sight for it and that *really* turned it up a notch for me. That and the 870 are my guns of choice (I play mostly assault).

But yeah, seems I get killed more by the SCAR than anything else.

By the way, I'm not advocating nerfing the Engineer, mind you. But I DO think it's the most useful/powerful class. I play it a lot, too. I think it's okay if some classes are better than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3code View Post

add the scar-H weapon and your invincible. close range combat you win. if there are tanks you win. if you want to shoot airplane out of the sky you can. heleicopters boats ect. you can! engineer can rank up faster then any other class. how many times have you seen 1st place won by any other classes? in conquest or rush?

now i am pimping up my assault class. but it is pretty much worthless compared to engineer. you see i have a grenada launcher which does do almost no damage on tanks. and needs 1 shot direct on the opponent to kill. it is basicly worthless because takes to long to reload to for being it effective. just first shot it is fine. because it is already loaded. if you miss you pretty much screwed.

my weapon the M416 has so much recoil that when i shoot on an enemy it looks like i am shooting at the moon.

in other words , engineer is like superman without kryptonite and yet you want to make him even more powerfull !!!

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #382 of 1615 Old 11-07-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3code View Post

Meh. MVP is almost always the guy in a good squad, completing objectives and dolling out ammo/health/revive ect.

Engineer is is powerful against armor, but it's because of his anti-armor weapons. Still, the new "Disable" before a vehicle actually explodes means he can't do it alone, save for mines. You can really, really score points with them if they're well placed and a full enemy humv runs over them!

Haven't even touched the SCAR yet, so can't comment. Got a gold star with my M1 and AK and working on all their unlocks first.

Assault is usually the class where the Vet's end up at, and watching who's been killing me and who's at top, it still seems to be the expert class.
post #383 of 1615 Old 11-07-2011, 09:23 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Quote:

Ill agree that the campaign is awful, (one of the worst Ive ever played) I literately was thrilled when the ending trophy popped up. But the MP is fantastic! Ill be playing it for a long time. As far as graphics I actually think Bad Co 2 looked better.

How so? Because it was short? The campaign was great, imo. Intense sequences set in incredibly detailed, large area levels and tied together with a decent plot to drive it all forward. What is there to complain so heavily about?
post #384 of 1615 Old 11-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

I think engineer is overpowered on vehicle levels (I only play rush, so I can't comment on other modes). I use assualt with med kit on non vehicle levels

I'm sticking with the stock assualt rifles thus far, I like the plain old iron sights and since I fight mostly at close range I can't stand scopes.

Oh and do people realize you can flank postions? I find it's much easier to take the slightly longer route instead of runing staright at objectives... especially caspian border, you can pretty easily take out mcom B by driving a tank along the right edge as you go undetected). meh, sorry for the random thoughts.
post #385 of 1615 Old 11-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkoza View Post

I think engineer is overpowered on vehicle levels (I only play rush, so I can't comment on other modes). I use assualt with med kit on non vehicle levels

I'm sticking with the stock assualt rifles thus far, I like the plain old iron sights and since I fight mostly at close range I can't stand scopes.

Oh and do people realize you can flank postions? I find it's much easier to take the slightly longer route instead of runing staright at objectives... especially caspian border, you can pretty easily take out mcom B by driving a tank along the right edge as you go undetected). meh, sorry for the random thoughts.

shhh dont tell them that, they wont drive straight into my mines setup. lol I usually lay a couple right when the match starts. I forget about them then all of sudden I get a vehicle destroyed points. Makes me laugh how ppl stick to the main road with vehicles.. i never do I am cutting through fields and over mountains.

PSN:The_Wise_Guy
XBL:DirtySanWiseGuy
Steam:The_Wise_Guy
BF4 PC:The_Wise_Guy

post #386 of 1615 Old 11-07-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseGuy2k7 View Post

shhh dont tell them that, they wont drive straight into my mines setup. lol I usually lay a couple right when the match starts. I forget about them then all of sudden I get a vehicle destroyed points. Makes me laugh how ppl stick to the main road with vehicles.. i never do I am cutting through fields and over mountains.

I can't believe how bad the tanks are at climbing hills! I've got stuck more than once, and have a hard time believing Abraham's really are that bad on inclines.

Also take back the criticisms of the Javalin. Not sure how to do it, but another class can SOFLAM paint air vehicles with some sort of laser sight designator. Once they're painted you can take Heli's out with one shot and Jets with two. That's much better than the stinger, specially since it's not a heat round.

Just gotta figure out how to paint targets now.
post #387 of 1615 Old 11-07-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Just gotta figure out how to paint targets now.

Recon does it with the SOFLAM.

PSN: Drew919

Origin ID: Drew919
post #388 of 1615 Old 11-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

is it possible to spot mines and claymores? I've been killed by a couple of each and had no warning... I realize that you don't get a warning in real life, but if a support guy keeps spamming claymores by the mcom it is frustrating.

Also, I think the mortar is overpowered, a support guy can lay back at the back of the map and just spamm the mcoms without fear of dying, was very frustrating on operation metro as the attacker kept spamming the outside mcoms.
post #389 of 1615 Old 11-07-2011, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
A user can only place 2 claymores, place a 3rd and the first dissapears. also to counter, throw a grenade in or crawl or move slowly, it won't go off.

Mortars spamming the mcom, follow the smoke trail and take them out. And no they cannot lay back at the other end of the map, there is a range limit to the mortars.

Michael

PSN: Chiahead
Chiahead's Man Cave - Indexed
Loganed on 8/29/2008
post #390 of 1615 Old 11-07-2011, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Wes View Post

Is the SCAR H overpowered like BC2's pre-patch M60? I swear I see more people using the SCAR H than any other gun. When everybody's using the same gun, it's most likely overpowered. The M60 in BC2 was a god gun before they nerfed it. No recoil, high damage, and it damaged helicopters.

Only played a little bit of BF3 this weekend, but I had a good time. I don't like it quite as much as BC2, but it's still a good game.

Technically it isn't overpowered if everyone is using it.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page