Battlefield 3 For PS3 - Page 19 - AVS Forum
First ... 17  18  19 20  21  ... Last
PlayStation Area > Battlefield 3 For PS3
HDSapper's Avatar HDSapper 04:57 PM 11-30-2011
Definitely broken, then, 'cause mine recently climbed into the positive triple digits.

HDSapper's Avatar HDSapper 09:40 PM 11-30-2011
My son said there was a big update to load when he went to plan this evening. Any know what it would have been. It wasn't the PS3 FW (he got that one too), but a BF3 update of some kind.
DVA990US's Avatar DVA990US 10:50 PM 11-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDSapper View Post

My son said there was a big update to load when he went to plan this evening. Any know what it would have been. It wasn't the PS3 FW (he got that one too), but a BF3 update of some kind.

This was posted over on the xbox thread earlier today.

On November 30th, we are planning a client update of Battlefield 3 on PlayStation 3. This update will be accompanied by a scheduled maintenance period for all formats. Read on for the full details and timings on this update to your game.

Starting November 30th at 09:00 CET (that's 00:00 PST), we will do a scheduled maintenance of our database. We estimate that this maintenance will take approximately three hours, and it will affect all formats.

During this time, we will also roll out the client update for Battlefield 3 on PlayStation 3 (Xbox 360 will follow shortly). When you start the game, you will be notified of the update, and we strongly advise you to download it, since it contains a number of fixes, updates, and some new features. Full change list below. For reference, this is a very similar update to what the PC version received recently:

BATTLEFIELD 3 PLAYSTATION 3 CLIENT UPDATE NOV 30TH

General fixes

o Significant improvements to the Squad Join interface, full details in this earlier blog post
o Removed FIND ME A SQUAD option
o Allow players to join empty Squads alone, thus having 1/4 Squad members
o Change order of options to LEAVE SQUAD, INV A FRIEND, SWITCH TEAM
o Disable Privacy flag when 1 man Squad
o Reset Privacy flag from Private to Public when Squad drops to 1 player
o All occupied Squads will now show up colored blue on the Squad selection screen
o Players who choose not to join Squads will also show up as Blue in the "Not in a Squad" line
o Squads that are currently empty will display as white -- if you wish to join an empty Squad, you can choose the first one marked with white text
o Added round duration and ticket summary at end of round screen
o Fixed sound for when climbing ladders
o Fixed and issue with some weapons' sounds in first person view
o Fixed a swim sound loop error
o You should no longer be able to damage a friendly vehicle when sitting in an open position
o Grenades now drop to ground if you get killed while attempting to throw it
o Spawn protection now should work in Conquest so you no longer should spawn too close to enemies
o You should no longer spawn too close to enemies in TDM and SQDM
o Fix for missing input restriction during intro movie, causing players to potentially fall and die while watching movie if moving controller (or having a controller with a bad stick zone)
o Combat areas on Kharg Island in Rush mode tweaked in order to disallow defenders to access the carrier ship after first base is taken and being able to enter the AA gun
o Fixed a problem with revived players not being able to get suppressed
o Fixed a problem with the camera when being revived in co-op
o Spotting VO now plays when spotting from MAV/EOD bot
o Fixed several issues regarding the kill card, including showing wrong weapons used for the kill
o Fixed that sometimes you would be stuck on a black screen when kicked from server
o Fixed so when a team captures two flags at the same time, the UI does not show wrong owner of the flag
o Fixed a problem where the capture progress bar was shown as friendly when the enemy was capturing
o Fixed a problem with the bipod deploy sound
o Fixed a problem that you could be spawned in with no weapons after being killed while using the EOD bot
o Fixed problems with health bars not displaying health properly when using EOD bots
o Fixed a problem with flickering name tags
o Fixed a problem where you could damage friendly helicopters
o Fixed a problem where you could get stuck in the co-op menu when attempting to join the session twice
o You should now be able to spot explosives
o You should no longer spawn in home base if your selected spawn point is disabled while waiting to spawn (e.g. if your teammate dies right before you are about to spawn)
o Damage from bullets will now continue to cause damage even after the firing user is dead
o Fixed several client crashes
o Fixed a problem where players could get stuck in the join queue
o Fixed the repair icon on the minimap
o Fixed a problem with changing camera on certain vehicles
o Fixed a problem with the grenade indicator when in guided missile mode
o Fixed a problem where the machine could hard lock when joining a public coop game
o Fixed a problem where the headset attached icon would not show up in the UI
o Fixed a problem with the falling antenna on Caspian Border. It should now more instantly kill anyone in its falling path
o Fixed a problem where tank turrets would turn too slow
o Fixed a bug on co-op mission "Exfiltration" where you could end up outside the vehicle and not being able to enter it again, thus blocking the mission
o Fixed a problem where a user can become invulnerable after being resurrected
o Fixed a problem with the M60 reload sound
o Fixed a hang in terrain streaming, causing the user to get stuck on black screen under special circumstances in single player
o Fixed a problem where the enemy would not be able to get a road kill on a user that was using the SOFLAM
o Fixed soldiers disappearing in the mortar kill cam
o Fix for Type88 and MG36 zoom in animation offset when in supported shooting mode (using bipods)

Balance changes

o Increased the damage of helicopter miniguns, AA guns, and jet cannons against infantry
o Increased the damage of helicopter miniguns against jeeps
o Reduced the physics impact of AA guns and jet cannons so players under attack from these weapons no longer should lose control
o Increased the damage of the 44 Magnum slightly
o Increased the range and minimum damage of the .357 Round from the MP412 Rex
o Increased the range of all .45cal and 9mm weapons
o Slightly increased the range of the P90 and MP7 and PDW-R
o Slightly increased the range of the 5.56mm PDW-R and decreased the minimum damage at long range
o Slightly increased the minimum range of the Mk11, SVD, and M39 EMR 7.62mm rifles
o Decreased the maximum damage and maximum range of the G3 and SCAR-H 7.62mm weapons
o Reduced the damage from FIM-92 and SA-18 IGLA missiles against aircraft
o Increased the damage and range of the 40mm BUCK rounds
o Reduced the damage .50cal weapons do against helicopters
o Updated T90 canister shell tweaks to match Abrams canister shells
moshock's Avatar moshock 11:24 PM 11-30-2011
That is a lot of fixes, wow! Glad to see they're supporting this game so well.

Burning question: Do mics/headsets work yet?

Nothing like dropping $100 on the new Sony wireless headset, come to find out it doesn't even work in BF3 multiplayer!
4theLuvofHD's Avatar 4theLuvofHD 05:32 AM 12-01-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshock View Post

That is a lot of fixes, wow! Glad to see they're supporting this game so well.

Burning question: Do mics/headsets work yet?

Nothing like dropping $100 on the new Sony wireless headset, come to find out it doesn't even work in BF3 multiplayer!

The best way we have found to use them is to have everyone set their VoIP to team instead of squad. It seems to be less sloppy and garbled. Still don't see a fix even mentioned or acknowledged by DICE.
skipfreely's Avatar skipfreely 05:40 AM 12-01-2011
My dang SP save file won't load now....Keepings giving a can't connect to EA error.
lowarkhog's Avatar lowarkhog 08:32 AM 12-01-2011
I did notice several people using mics last night. Possibly coincidence.
gnolivos's Avatar gnolivos 09:13 AM 12-01-2011
Yeah, but NO INPUT LAG FIX?!?! wtf!!! I haven't played this game since I ought it because of this issue alone. I think Ive had it, its going to ebay now.
blekk's Avatar blekk 04:58 PM 12-01-2011
Ok I don't want to rock the boat any more then it has been and this isn't an attack on anyone but....

There has been many posts all over the net re: input lag and it's starting to get a little old. Yes there is a little lag and yes it shouldn't be there but at the same time they (DICE/EA) know it's there and I'm sure they are working on a fix for it as it's a huge blow to their credibility. Everyone's in the same boat so in the mean time until the patch arrives may I suggest trying the following:

* Decrees sensitivity
* Turn off auto aim assist
* Reduce resolution (I find this is not needed)
* Have a big glass of concrete and HARDEN THE F#*K UP!

Again this isn't an attack just a simple retort to the many threads on input lag floating around.

P.S - gnolivos if your keen AVS has a platoon so feel free to join
diceburna's Avatar diceburna 06:04 PM 12-01-2011
Just applied to AV Science platoon
gnolivos's Avatar gnolivos 08:35 PM 12-01-2011
Im still enjoying BadCompany 2. Actually I dont really think the FrostBite engine is better looking thatn the old one. Kind of baffled by that. Looks choppier, and less crispness/detail overall. Even with input lag fixed I am let down by the new graphics on PS3. What I really want is new maps on BC2 LOL!

Enough rant, enjoy the game guys, its just NOT for me...
Verge2's Avatar Verge2 10:51 PM 12-01-2011
Reducing the resolution is never going to fix anything. That placebo might work for the ea forums but not on avs.

Seemed a bit less laggy after the patch to me. Was easier to hit people at distance.
blekk's Avatar blekk 12:04 AM 12-02-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnolivos View Post

Im still enjoying BadCompany 2. Actually I dont really think the FrostBite engine is better looking thatn the old one. Kind of baffled by that. Looks choppier, and less crispness/detail overall. Even with input lag fixed I am let down by the new graphics on PS3. What I really want is new maps on BC2 LOL!

Enough rant, enjoy the game guys, its just NOT for me...

I haven't played BC2 but totally agree; why fix something if it ain't broke? I think that FrostBite2 was implemented for PC and as always we get an adaption of the game to suit our (ps3) hardware. Graphics are passable, ground breaking? No not on the ps3 but gameplay imo makes up for it. With the B2K pack it looks like they have invested more time in the graphics mapping of the environment so should be good!
4theLuvofHD's Avatar 4theLuvofHD 08:34 AM 12-02-2011
FrostBite 2 has less destruction than BC2 does. This I feel was a rushed game feature. DICE mentioned the B2K maps will have a better destruction feature.

I haven't noticed input lag, but many do say its there.

The VOiP has been acknowledged by DICE, and they promise a fix.

IRNV scopes have been rendered useless, IMO. Wow, what a failure!

Squad system appears better.

Last night I tried to join chuckster, HDSapper and btinindy, and as soon as I got in, btinindy was offline oh well, I did try. Maybe some time tonight!
CHAVAN30's Avatar CHAVAN30 01:15 PM 12-02-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4theLuvofHD View Post

FrostBite 2 has less destruction than BC2 does. This I feel was a rushed game feature. DICE mentioned the B2K maps will have a better destruction feature.

Last night I tried to join chuckster, HDSapper and btinindy, and as soon as I got in, btinindy was offline oh well, I did try. Maybe some time tonight!

send me a message and we'll just squad up. i havent been able to join anyone any other way. also, i lost my server list. has this happened to anyone else? it says "no games found".
HDSapper's Avatar HDSapper 02:18 PM 12-02-2011
If you get the chance to team up with chuckster, do it. He's a real team player. Makes all the difference in BF3. Don't know when I'll get on again, but hopefully I'll see some of you on the battlefield soon.
blklightning's Avatar blklightning 05:03 PM 12-02-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4theLuvofHD View Post

the irnv scopes were basically a legal wall hack. using those was clearly cheap based on every video i saw of it. so when i buy this game i'll be glad that i don't have to worry about them. and i'll also be happy to know that the people that relied on them will now suck at the game. it's a win-win for me.

yes, i am one of the people that bought mw3 instead of bf3. and i feel stupid for making that decision. lol.
Verge2's Avatar Verge2 07:37 PM 12-02-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

the irnv scopes were basically a legal wall hack. using those was clearly cheap based on every video i saw of it. so when i buy this game i'll be glad that i don't have to worry about them. and i'll also be happy to know that the people that relied on them will now suck at the game. it's a win-win for me.

yes, i am one of the people that bought mw3 instead of bf3. and i feel stupid for making that decision. lol.

No now there are just 60% snipers on every team.
Vortex3D's Avatar Vortex3D 08:02 PM 12-02-2011
I just completed the single player campaign. I have to say with hypes of creating better AI on FPS games no longer exist, BF3 has completely brain dead enemies. While FPS usually have scripted path, BF3 went further to the point that I have to hit predetermined points very closely or I'll failed because enemies and my squadmates get stuck. On some areas, I can run ahead until I get almost behind the enemies and they have no idea how to deal with me hiding behind them because they are only scripted to look forward. If I shoot them, only once in a while the enemies can shoot back. If I throw a grenade at a group of enemies, they completely ignore it and let the grenade blows up on them.

It's a joke that everyone in the game is brain dead. The jet mission looked cool until the gameplay starts. It's completely scripted like on rail down to same movement on every second throughout the mission.

I know single player campaign in FPS games are often called training, but BF3 proved that developing some AI must be too costly and not to bother anymore. Just create a "movie". It's nothing more than on rail now because the player is required to follow every step tightly by the script. Seriously, what's the point anymore of single player campaign other than to show the game engine and graphics with zero gameplay? Would have been more entertaining if single player campaign is a movie.
Verge2's Avatar Verge2 08:32 PM 12-02-2011
Had 1/2 a bottle of lovely chianti and now I'm on rum and cokes. Can't join any games though.
MakoCSH's Avatar MakoCSH 08:40 PM 12-02-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnolivos View Post

Yeah, but NO INPUT LAG FIX?!?! wtf!!! I haven't played this game since I ought it because of this issue alone. I think Ive had it, its going to ebay now.

I've compensated for the lag so I'd almost be disappointed if they fixed it. I'd have to adjust to it all over again

Would be nice to be able to turn my sensitivity up though.
Verge2's Avatar Verge2 08:31 AM 12-03-2011
Lol finished up the night with a 5 - 29 game. Rum does not help you aim or make sound strategic decisions.
Chairman7w's Avatar Chairman7w 06:10 PM 12-03-2011
I tried to join your game last night Verge, but it wouldn't let me in... too bad, would have been fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post

Lol finished up the night with a 5 - 29 game. Rum does not help you aim or make sound strategic decisions.

Verge2's Avatar Verge2 10:13 AM 12-04-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

I tried to join your game last night Verge, but it wouldn't let me in... too bad, would have been fun!

I was on with a couple other guys from here, took me forever to get in. I'll be playing this afternoon with my brother and I'll be sober.
markdavid570's Avatar markdavid570 07:09 AM 12-05-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post

Ha! I usually play with a glass of bourbon sitting next to me, so I totally understand this!
Chairman7w's Avatar Chairman7w 07:44 AM 12-05-2011
Yes!! Got my first MVP Ribbon last night!! Went 9-4 on Noshair Canals and had 3,500 points!

Most of my damage was done as a gunner on an Amtrak and we were just wreckin' Sh^%&T!!! Even got a kill with a Scout chopper and unlocked Stealth.

Hints:

- Know your maps!
- Run with groups of teammates
- Play against a bunch of disorganized, solo, dummies
iamkoza's Avatar iamkoza 12:05 PM 12-05-2011
Quote:

Yes!! Got my first MVP Ribbon last night!! Went 9-4 on Noshair Canals and had 3,500 points!

Most of my damage was done as a gunner on an Amtrak and we were just wreckin' Sh^%&T!!! Even got a kill with a Scout chopper and unlocked Stealth.

Hints:

- Know your maps!
- Run with groups of teammates
- Play against a bunch of disorganized, solo, dummies

congrats on the MVP! those personal carriers are beheamoths, rpg's only do 15-20 percent damage... seriously if you had 2 people who work together in those things (driver drives in 3rd person view so he can see if someone is trying to c4 it and also tells the gunner where to shoot...) you can dominate

I just had my first epic rush match, lasted 46 minutes, but we couldn't get the last MCOM on damavand peak... had 42 kills (and 34 deaths, lol)... safe to say my dinner was cold because of it... Rush mode is just awesome, the beta sold me on it, and I haven't even tried another mode yet. defender camping of MCOM's isn't too rampant because even though no kill cam, you can still tell where the guy is located at... the only frustrating thing I find is when the attacking team has too many snipers who sit back and don't attack. one or 2 is fine, especially if using the mav

when does the expansion pack become available? really looking forward to re-living the fun that was karkand, sharqi and to a lesser extent wake island (only because I don't think wake will translate well to 24 people... that map is perfect for 64 people).
Chairman7w's Avatar Chairman7w 03:25 PM 12-05-2011
I think it's available tomorrow.

But I read somewhere it's a self-contained expansion, not played or compatible with BF 3... Have you heard anything about that?
4theLuvofHD's Avatar 4theLuvofHD 03:41 PM 12-05-2011
Quote:

I think it's available tomorrow.

But I read somewhere it's a self-contained expansion, not played or compatible with BF 3... Have you heard anything about that?

I have heard it both ways. It will be either in the rotation or separate servers. They also posted that the weapons unlocked will be available in the other maps. Not sure which I believe.

It is due tomorrow, so we will know soon enough!
4theLuvofHD's Avatar 4theLuvofHD 03:45 PM 12-05-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

I used them on support to spot enemy. I dis not think it was any cheaper than most other ways to spot people. Also, it doesn't necessarily mean those people (including me) suck who use them. It took me a long time to unlock it in the first place. I do not typically use any scope and this was the first and only one I really like. Also, by looking at battlelog you can see I do not spend much time as a sniper. So that argument doesn't hold water with me.
Tags: Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea
First ... 17  18  19 20  21  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop