Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1615 Old 12-15-2011, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post

+1 I can't tell you how many times I run like a mofo to B on that map and start to capture... then get killed because every last one of my team mates is still back at A!

Yeah, get it then HOLD it, don't friggin go runnin into the subway and get killed. That drives me nuts. You have the high ground advantage up there. Couple guys guarding each side of the forward escalator, couple guys at the rear escalator , couple at the left stairway and the other 6 backing up where needed. WHOLE TEAM CHAT (caps cuzz im screemin it!!) would be insanely beneficial in this game.

PSN and LIVE gt: Jmill79
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1615 Old 12-17-2011, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I guess I'm lagged today cause I've been one and 2 shot 7 or 8 times. Takes me 10 rounds to kill somebody.
post #633 of 1615 Old 12-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post

I guess I'm lagged today cause I've been one and 2 shot 7 or 8 times. Takes me 10 rounds to kill somebody.

Same here. And I can't join any friends games. I finally just gave up.

PC/PS3/360/Wii U
PSN GT: chuckster1
XBL GT: TahoeCougar
Steam: chavan30

post #634 of 1615 Old 12-18-2011, 04:13 AM
AVS Special Member

ah nice to know i am not the only one who got nuts, because i am shootign a while riffle in someone and he didnt die.

i never had this before when i shot my AK74e ( 100 bullets ) completely empty. guy was reloading from his grenade throw, swithcing weapons . shoot me with famas and i died.

and her ei sat what the hell is this?

ah well cant complain to much though. reverse happened to me as well. guy painting his name in me. i didnt die. i shoot 1 time headshot and he died.

also the assigments are nice to do as well. except the play 2 hours on this map or that map. i dont like to stay 2 hours on a map which i dont like to play.
post #635 of 1615 Old 12-18-2011, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmill79 View Post

WHOLE TEAM CHAT (caps cuzz im screemin it!!) would be insanely beneficial in this game.

Unfortunately, Whole Team Chat would be all but worthless cause it would just a bunch of voices screaming at once.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #636 of 1615 Old 12-18-2011, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Wouldn't it be like turning squad chat to public .
post #637 of 1615 Old 12-18-2011, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Game makes you do mad sometimes you want to break it. Spend 20 minutes in the server browser finding a game, and finish on a team that had 7 dudes with 0 kills.
post #638 of 1615 Old 12-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

Unfortunately, Whole Team Chat would be all but worthless cause it would just a bunch of voices screaming at once.

not everyone in the team will have their mics turned on. or own a mic. and then they should give you the option to mute the noisy folks.
post #639 of 1615 Old 12-18-2011, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:

Way back when, I played with a team full time on call of duty 2 on the pc. We all had mics and there we're usually at least 12 people playing on our team. We didn't have a problem with everyone talking at once, but we also had set team rules as to what to say during a match. If there were a set of rules that everyone at least sort of abided by then it would be ok. Its at least possible, but not probable at all.
post #640 of 1615 Old 12-18-2011, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsobright View Post

not everyone in the team will have their mics turned on. or own a mic. and then they should give you the option to mute the noisy folks.

Okay, yeah - good point.

post #641 of 1615 Old 12-19-2011, 06:30 AM

I played a match over the weekend where I was using a sniper rifle to protect a flag. Two guys from the other team were prone on the flag and I had clear shots on both of them. I put 7 to 10 rounds in each of them. They didn't die. Instead, they stood up and shot me with just a few rounds and I was done.

Now...I'm not the greatest at this game, and I can understand having trouble getting long range kills with a sniper rifle if you're trying to hit someone that is running. But...I was fairly close, they weren't moving, I had a clear shot, and I hit them several times. It was just a miserable situation.
post #642 of 1615 Old 12-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdavid570 View Post

I played a match over the weekend where I was using a sniper rifle to protect a flag. Two guys from the other team were prone on the flag and I had clear shots on both of them. I put 7 to 10 rounds in each of them. They didn't die. Instead, they stood up and shot me with just a few rounds and I was done.

Now...I'm not the greatest at this game, and I can understand having trouble getting long range kills with a sniper rifle if you're trying to hit someone that is running. But...I was fairly close, they weren't moving, I had a clear shot, and I hit them several times. It was just a miserable situation.

did you get hit markers? Or were you just spamming the trigger on the svd? There have been times where I was sure I put at least 5-7 rounds in someone only to have them see me and kill me with a couple of shots
post #643 of 1615 Old 12-19-2011, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

I've found a few instances where I thought I should have killed someone (who subsequently turned around and killed me), but for the most part (like 98% of the time) it's been very true.

Usually when I turn a corner and get into a stand up shootout with someone, I end up dying just cause I panic and miss! LoL I still have a blast playing though.

post #644 of 1615 Old 12-19-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:

Used to play with a bunch of guys on COD (from this forum, all of us on the same team). Never once did we have this problem.

post #645 of 1615 Old 12-19-2011, 05:33 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Used to play with a bunch of guys on COD (from this forum, all of us on the same team). Never once did we have this problem.

To be more clear though, only those on your team with it set to Team actually talk through that way. Kind of funny set up. Those folks with no squad default to team I think.
post #646 of 1615 Old 12-20-2011, 04:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:

Whole team chat would be worthless because you wouldn't be able to hear anyone...even though they'd be screaming.

I haven't played this in a week or two, but the squad chat issues are driving me crazy. The clan I play with has started using Skype to chat in this game since it rarely works if you have more than two people mic'd.

I just don't see how this hasn't been fixed yet.

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
post #647 of 1615 Old 12-20-2011, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdavid570 View Post

I've found going prone immediately beside a capture flag sometimes introduces an invulnerability glitch. I've seen it a lot on the B position at Sharqi Peninsula (hilltop).
post #648 of 1615 Old 12-20-2011, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post

Whole team chat would be worthless because you wouldn't be able to hear anyone...even though they'd be screaming.

I haven't played this in a week or two, but the squad chat issues are driving me crazy. The clan I play with has started using Skype to chat in this game since it rarely works if you have more than two people mic'd.

I just don't see how this hasn't been fixed yet.

Rumor mill says it's due to RAM limitations since the PS3 doesn't allocate enough to VOIP natively, and leaves it only to developers. Consequently, a game like BF3 using tons of RAM has little left for voice chat.
post #649 of 1615 Old 12-20-2011, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Man, wouldn't it be great if Kill Assist percentages added up cumulatively to Kills?

It's frustrating to get an 80% Kill Assist, but it doesn't help your KDR - LOL Be nice if all those percentages added up (for instance 320% worth would equal 3 Kills)

post #650 of 1615 Old 12-20-2011, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwright77 View Post

Rumor mill says it's due to RAM limitations since the PS3 doesn't allocate enough to VOIP natively, and leaves it only to developers. Consequently, a game like BF3 using tons of RAM has little left for voice chat.

Whatever the reason, it smacks of idiocy. Squad chat is an integral component of any team based play.

post #651 of 1615 Old 12-20-2011, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

I've got your smack right here.
post #652 of 1615 Old 12-20-2011, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I've got your smack right here.

Benny, tell me the truth...it has to be annoying as hell to rely on Skype in order to coordinate your gameplay with others. Plus, didn't you say earlier that it even reset your phone?

:thriller:

post #653 of 1615 Old 12-20-2011, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

Man, wouldn't it be great if Kill Assist percentages added up cumulatively to Kills?

It's frustrating to get an 80% Kill Assist, but it doesn't help your KDR - LOL Be nice if all those percentages added up (for instance 320% worth would equal 3 Kills)

That would be very cool if they tracked total damage issued to the enemy, equated to kills! But... would that also mean that the one who finishes off the wounded enemy would only get credit for the percentage left?
post #654 of 1615 Old 12-20-2011, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Benny, tell me the truth...it has to be annoying as hell to rely on Skype in order to coordinate your gameplay with others. Plus, didn't you say earlier that it even reset your phone?

:thriller:

You've got it right. It's annoying as well to set up and worry about...but while in game and it's working, it's a huge boon. Having chat functionality at all, not to mention being able to communicate when it splits you up to different squads (or teams) and when the game is launching helps coordinate gameplay between our clan.

It's not such a bad solution, even if its implementation takes a bit of work sometimes.
post #655 of 1615 Old 12-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Advanced Member

kdr ratio is meaningless unless you are playing TDM... which is for COD folk. Getting points for assist points is enough for me.

Question for you support folks... I'm really enjoying using this class.. having C4 and being able to blow up most anything is extremely satisfying... I've given mortars and claymores a try, but they aren't effective enough for my liking... I play rush only, so I was wondering what you guys use most.
post #656 of 1615 Old 12-20-2011, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Engineer here. Too many times a good RPG is exactly what the situation calls for. Long range projectile and damaging enough to take out tanks. C4 is all fine and well if you're sneaky enough, otherwise the RPG is too handy to do without.
post #657 of 1615 Old 12-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Engineer here. Too many times a good RPG is exactly what the situation calls for. Long range projectile and damaging enough to take out tanks. C4 is all fine and well if you're sneaky enough, otherwise the RPG is too handy to do without.

I understand the RPG is a nice tool to have, but if I wanted to use it I would switch over to engineer... There are usually enough engineers firing RPG's to keep the tank driver occupied as I run up and C4 them. Support is nice because you have infinite ammo so lots of c4 without having to wait for the reload of the rpg. I was looking for opinions from support vets on which perk they find themselves using most as I am new to the class in this game and haven't been impressed with the claymore or mortar.
post #658 of 1615 Old 12-20-2011, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDSapper View Post

That would be very cool if they tracked total damage issued to the enemy, equated to kills! But... would that also mean that the one who finishes off the wounded enemy would only get credit for the percentage left?

Yep, that's exactly right.

post #659 of 1615 Old 12-20-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:

Whatever the reason, it smacks of idiocy. Squad chat is an integral component of any team based play.

God yes it does (and is). My comment about whole team chat was presuming the fact that chat worked to begin with. If the RAM turns out to really be the cause this will be the last multiplayer game I get on the PS3, back to the 360 from here on out. However, you can't tell me BF3 is that RAM intensive, like we've never seen before, intensive. If its the damn jets, take 'em out. Id much rather be able to communicate versus seein a bunch of diptards flying in circles.

post #660 of 1615 Old 12-20-2011, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

God yes it does (and is). My comment about whole team chat was presuming the fact that chat worked to begin with. If the RAM turns out to really be the cause this will be the last multiplayer game I get on the PS3, back to the 360 from here on out. However, you can't tell me BF3 is that RAM intensive, like we've never seen before, intensive. If its the damn jets, take 'em out. Id much rather be able to communicate versus seein a bunch of diptards flying in circles.

I agree, with only 12 players I'd rather them just leave the dumb jets out.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page