post #721 of 1615 Old 12-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post

I don't see how they help, in any way, on rush.

Pointless, they need to do away with recon, or do away with air vehicles on rush. It's idiotic on some maps when you have 4 snipers + 2 in a chopper + 1 in a jet and 5 whole other people trying to actually win the damn round. Those maps were designed for the PC, just not enough players on ps3.

I agree about snipers sitting back on rush but they make a great addition to the team. I always select recon on rush and get close to the front line and drop a spawn beacon...inch closer and drop a tug. It does wonders for making sure my side is keeping pressure on the other team.

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Receiver - Pioneer 1015-K
Speakers - Polk 6901 (7.1 setup)
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1615 Old 12-30-2011, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Dang - the USAS-12 is just freakin' beastly. An auto shotgun that suppresses anything near it's impact point. Watch this vid and see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RROaV...qmfukfb6e4UCnX

The guy on the vid at about the 7:45 mark says, "There's talk that EA/Dice may nerf this gun, I really hope they don't. It doesn't need it." REALLY??? The guy just MOWED through everything he came across without ever even having to aim much, and watch the guy at about 8:12 that flies off into the distance. What is this - a SUPER GUN???? Yes, it is.

He also commented, "Just me and my teammate, holding down this flag, with nothing but teamwork." PPfffttttt, yeah, teamwork, and a magic gun.

He also comments repeatedly about "The skill to use it..." OMG - give me a fu&^%ng break. Just point in the enemy's general direction and fire.

And for the record, I DO hope they nerf it, but wait until after I unlock it and get to play with it a while!! LOL

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #723 of 1615 Old 12-30-2011, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

There is an AVS group.

Is there a place where it lists their Playstaytion IDs

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Receiver - Pioneer 1015-K
Speakers - Polk 6901 (7.1 setup)
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
post #724 of 1615 Old 12-30-2011, 08:44 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsfan21 View Post

If you learn to fly it well, you can kill others flying the MAV into them.

There was a guy flying that damn thing like an ace yesterday in a Seine Crossing conquest game I was in. He killed me TWICE with that damned thing.
post #725 of 1615 Old 12-30-2011, 08:47 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I don't see how they help, in any way, on rush.

Pointless, they need to do away with recon, or do away with air vehicles on rush. It's idiotic on some maps when you have 4 snipers + 2 in a chopper + 1 in a jet and 5 whole other people trying to actually win the damn round. Those maps were designed for the PC, just not enough players on ps3.

So you don't feel dropping a spawn becon in enemy territory on rush is helpful? What about using the MAV to spot the enemies for your team? That's not helpful? You must get stuck with bad squads a lot. I rarely get stuck in a squad that has over 3 snipers. The last few days I've been playing, I'm usually the lone recon player. If you're in a squad with 4 recon players, just switch squads. I disagree with doing away with air vehicles. Air Vehicles have always been a part of the Battlefield series on rush. No point to get rid of air vehicles.
post #726 of 1615 Old 12-30-2011, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

On any mode, I think Spotting the enemies is one of the most useful things in the game.

Quote:

So you don't feel dropping a spawn becon in enemy territory on rush is helpful? What about using the MAV to spot the enemies for your team? That's not helpful? You must get stuck with bad squads a lot. I rarely get stuck in a squad that has over 3 snipers. The last few days I've been playing, I'm usually the lone recon player. If you're in a squad with 4 recon players, just switch squads. I disagree with doing away with air vehicles. Air Vehicles have always been a part of the Battlefield series on rush. No point to get rid of air vehicles.

post #727 of 1615 Old 12-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

Dang - the USAS-12 is just freakin' beastly. An auto shotgun that suppresses anything near it's impact point. Watch this vid and see what I mean.

The guy on the vid at about the 7:45 mark says, "There's talk that EA/Dice may nerf this gun, I really hope they don't. It doesn't need it." REALLY??? The guy just MOWED through everything he came across without ever even having to aim much, and watch the guy at about 8:12 that flies off into the distance. What is this - a SUPER GUN???? Yes, it is.

He also commented, "Just me and my teammate, holding down this flag, with nothing but teamwork." PPfffttttt, yeah, teamwork, and a magic gun.

He also comments repeatedly about "The skill to use it..." OMG - give me a fu&^%ng break. Just point in the enemy's general direction and fire.

And for the record, I DO hope they nerf it, but wait until after I unlock it and get to play with it a while!! LOL

Hmm, looks like I may have to try unlocking the frags as well. I'm not sure if the USAS is unlocked yet. I typically don't use shotguns, so I have never even played around with this thing. I have been killed at longer ranges by a few of these than I thought was appropriate. I guess I know why now. There was also one match where some guy was tearin' everybody up with that MKA320 or whatever it is. Anyone know what level the USAS is unlocked at, or is it default unlocked from the start?

I read a few of the comments for the video, and I have to disagree with not getting multi kills from other guns. if you kill them fast enough you get the bonus. I know I have gotten it often using the engineer's carbines, even the light machine gun a time or two I believe.

Quote:

On any mode, I think Spotting the enemies is one of the most useful things in the game.

Without question.
post #728 of 1615 Old 12-30-2011, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Pretty sure the USAS-12 unlocks at 43. I'm playing as much as I can to give it a shot before they nerf it! LoL

post #729 of 1615 Old 12-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Pretty sure the USAS-12 unlocks at 43. I'm playing as much as I can to give it a shot before they nerf it! LoL

I guess I've got a way to go then, as I'm only 36 or 37, can't remember. I thought it was also an unlock reward for one of the "assignment" completions.

Has anyone had any success at viewing themselves on the global leaderboard on their PS3? Every time I try to see how I stack up to the world, not just my friends, it says you are not on the leaderboard. Even on battlelog, I can't see my global ranking. Am I not looking in the right spot or trying to access this incorrectly?
post #730 of 1615 Old 12-30-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpOne View Post

I guess I've got a way to go then, as I'm only 36 or 37, can't remember. I thought it was also an unlock reward for one of the "assignment" completions.

Has anyone had any success at viewing themselves on the global leaderboard on their PS3? Every time I try to see how I stack up to the world, not just my friends, it says you are not on the leaderboard. Even on battlelog, I can't see my global ranking. Am I not looking in the right spot or trying to access this incorrectly?

The USAS-12 is not an unlock reward from completing assignments. Here are all the unlocks for completing assignments:

http://bf3blog.com/2011/12/list-of-b...3-assignments/
post #731 of 1615 Old 12-30-2011, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The USAS-12 is not an unlock reward from completing assignments. Here are all the unlocks for completing assignments:

http://bf3blog.com/2011/12/list-of-b...3-assignments/

Good eye...Thanks!

Anyone on the leaderboard question?
post #732 of 1615 Old 01-02-2012, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Fun to get some playtime in with Cspldk, (thanks for the Revives!) - and got a short run with Blekk too. Fun times, one of the very few times I've ever been first on my team.

Hope to you see you guys on some more soon!

post #733 of 1615 Old 01-02-2012, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
Quote:

Fun to get some playtime in with Cspldk, (thanks for the Revives!) - and got a short run with Blekk too. Fun times, one of the very few times I've ever been first on my team.

Hope to you see you guys on some more soon!

When I'm #1 on my team you know our team lost

Does anyone have the info on how to go about joining the avs group on bf3?
post #734 of 1615 Old 01-02-2012, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:

well no wonder it sounds like a bomb going off when i get shot with one of those. dice is a great developer. but they just go full ****** when it comes to shotguns. i remember sniping with shotguns in bc2. and now this. sorry to say, but i doubt they fix this. they never fixed the shotgun sniping from bc2.

500 gigs FTW.
post #735 of 1615 Old 01-02-2012, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

yaaahhhooo clap in your hands for me.

i just did it. got the most difficult throphy in the game. called the Ultimate warrior.

i am trying to get this for days. you need to kill someone with the F-35, with a tank and assault weapon all in 1 life.

first with all the luck in the world i managed to take out an helicopter with 2 people in it. then i jumped out of the airplane near Flag A. and waited till Tank became availble. killed someone with a tank, jumped out of it. got a clear shot on someone but missed! then i forgot to reload in all the excitement and saw an engineer come to me. i shot him. but then bullets gone. i thought oh no dont let be this true. changed to handgun and lucky killed him. but still needed that 1 kill with assault.

managed then to sneak to flag B and wait by the hangar until a airplane or tank or the LAV was spawning. i waited and suddenly saw an enemy tank coming and a jeep. i thought oh no. dont let them see me lol.

lucky someone from my camp shot down the tank. but before it was destroyed 2 guys jumped out. now was my chance and i killed both guys and so i unlocked the throphy without dying.

me happy as nutbolts. i really starting to give up on this Throphy because it is so rediculous difficult. you need to do it only Golf of Oman or Wake island. but then you need the luck to be actually in the US camp to get the possibility to get on a F-35. if you got in the Russian Camp you cant fly it.

and that is only phase 1. to get a kill is so freaking difficult. but i managed it. man i am happy!
post #736 of 1615 Old 01-02-2012, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

anyone else having problems with the reload animations? a lot of times, i can hear it reload, but there's no animation for it.

500 gigs FTW.
post #737 of 1615 Old 01-02-2012, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Bomb going off is right. Dude's romp through maps just blastin' away with the SPAS-12 and it's sounds like freakin' carpet bombing. It's a VERY unique sound. Wanna find out who's using it? Just check the top of the leaderboards every game. TOTALLY OP.

post #738 of 1615 Old 01-02-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3code View Post

i just did it. got the most difficult throphy in the game. called the Ultimate warrior.

i am trying to get this for days. you need to kill someone with the F-35, with a tank and assault weapon all in 1 life.

first with all the luck in the world i managed to take out an helicopter with 2 people in it. then i jumped out of the airplane near Flag A. and waited till Tank became availble. killed someone with a tank, jumped out of it. got a clear shot on someone but missed! then i forgot to reload in all the excitement and saw an engineer come to me. i shot him. but then bullets gone. i thought oh no dont let be this true. changed to handgun and lucky killed him. but still needed that 1 kill with assault.

managed then to sneak to flag B and wait by the hangar until a airplane or tank or the LAV was spawning. i waited and suddenly saw an enemy tank coming and a jeep. i thought oh no. dont let them see me lol.

lucky someone from my camp shot down the tank. but before it was destroyed 2 guys jumped out. now was my chance and i killed both guys and so i unlocked the throphy without dying.

me happy as nutbolts. i really starting to give up on this Throphy because it is so rediculous difficult. you need to do it only Golf of Oman or Wake island. but then you need the luck to be actually in the US camp to get the possibility to get on a F-35. if you got in the Russian Camp you cant fly it.

and that is only phase 1. to get a kill is so freaking difficult. but i managed it. man i am happy!

Congrats! I don't really go for trophies so I didn't know there was one for that. However, I can definitely appreciate the difficulty in what you were able to accomplish. Thumbs up to you sir!!!
post #739 of 1615 Old 01-02-2012, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Bomb going off is right. Dude's romp through maps just blastin' away with the SPAS-12 and it's sounds like freakin' carpet bombing. It's a VERY unique sound. Wanna find out who's using it? Just check the top of the leaderboards every game. TOTALLY OP.

yeah, because even when they aren't hitting you, it limits your vision and movement.

500 gigs FTW.
post #740 of 1615 Old 01-02-2012, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

That is awesome! Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3code View Post

post #741 of 1615 Old 01-03-2012, 10:40 AM

This is regarding the single player campaign... don't flame me please if this has been answered before, point me to the right thread would help...

So I borrowed my bro-in-law's BF3 to finish off the SP campaign that I started with a Redbox BF3. The game won't let me play for more than 30 seconds before booting me out to the main menu with a pop-up dialog box saying connection to EA Online has been disconnected. Since when did I need to be online to play SP campaign? All I want is to finish up SP for the time being so I can delete it from my nearly full 60gb Fatty. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
post #742 of 1615 Old 01-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixP3D View Post

This is regarding the single player campaign... don't flame me please if this has been answered before, point me to the right thread would help...

So I borrowed my bro-in-law's BF3 to finish off the SP campaign that I started with a Redbox BF3. The game won't let me play for more than 30 seconds before booting me out to the main menu with a pop-up dialog box saying connection to EA Online has been disconnected. Since when did I need to be online to play SP campaign? All I want is to finish up SP for the time being so I can delete it from my nearly full 60gb Fatty. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

EA is offering trial online passes for renters... google it to find out more... that would give you a day or two to play it
post #743 of 1615 Old 01-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

the usas with frag rounds is ridiculous... way OP'd... even with regular rounds it's tough to beat.

I saw some hilarious shotgun attachments last night when I was playing.... one guy had the 870 shotgun with a rifle scope... another had a red-dot scope on his... I'm no shotty expert, but isn't the whole point of shotguns that you don't have to ADS to use it up close? I got a good laugh when I saw it.

anyone have any advice on how to get points while flying a jet? I can't even get the damn IR flare unlock because I can't kill anything with the plane's machine gun... it would be nice to use planes, but I'll spend a whole round strafing objectives and end up with no points... (i suppose asking for tank spots fromt eammates is too much to ask for)

also, the squad unlocks... how do you know if your the squad you are in has any activated... I have the sprint one unlocked and I think active... but I'm not sure anyone would know.
post #744 of 1615 Old 01-03-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkoza View Post

EA is offering trial online passes for renters... google it to find out more... that would give you a day or two to play it

so it's not like COD:MW3 where you can use anyone's (friend or family) disc to play? That's EA's way of bending you over to sticking in to you in more ways than one... oh well, will give the online pass a shot. If not, bye bye, BF3... The gaming industry (EA) is beginning to give me a reason to quit gaming all together.... BF3 SP was interesting and likable with all the weapons and vehicles.

thanks iamkoza.
post #745 of 1615 Old 01-03-2012, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Getting the first couple Jet kills is SO hard (I haven't done it either). As a matter of fact, it wasn't fun so I don't bother with jets anymore.

If I WERE to try again though, I'd just ram somebody. Just ram a helicopter or two and then you can get the flares. Once you have the flares you have a chance, but frankly (God I hate sounding like a weinie), most games have some 12th level Colonel flying the jet on the opposing team that's so good it's not worth flying a jet.

Take off - get blasted out of sky.

Take off - get blasted out of sky.

Take o... Nope, fu&%k that. LoL

Quote:

the usas with frag rounds is ridiculous... way OP'd... even with regular rounds it's tough to beat.

I saw some hilarious shotgun attachments last night when I was playing.... one guy had the 870 shotgun with a rifle scope... another had a red-dot scope on his... I'm no shotty expert, but isn't the whole point of shotguns that you don't have to ADS to use it up close? I got a good laugh when I saw it.

anyone have any advice on how to get points while flying a jet? I can't even get the damn IR flare unlock because I can't kill anything with the plane's machine gun... it would be nice to use planes, but I'll spend a whole round strafing objectives and end up with no points... (i suppose asking for tank spots fromt eammates is too much to ask for)

also, the squad unlocks... how do you know if your the squad you are in has any activated... I have the sprint one unlocked and I think active... but I'm not sure anyone would know.

post #746 of 1615 Old 01-03-2012, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
Quote:

I got the 6x rifle scope last night for the 870 and its only real use is with either slug which I don't use or frag rounds while covering an objective on rush. They are huge to run with making it much more difficult to see than with the holo or acog sights. It will be a rare occassion that I use the 6x again.
post #747 of 1615 Old 01-03-2012, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

about the flying jets to get points early on. this is basicly on how i did it.

here are some ways to do it.

1. spot will give you 10 points when solider shot down. when you fly over flags in conquest for example. just hit select button and you will hear enemy soldier spotted. once the solider is killed you get 10 points. not much but it is something.

2. Tanks. it is hard to actually shoot one down. however you get points if you hit it and someone destroys the tank. so when you go over land try to hit select on enemy tank fly over and try to shoot it and if real lucky you might actually disable or kill someone.

once you have thf flairs and more importantly the rockets. you will do better.

also dont lose faith and try to suicide yourself. it really takes time to learn the airplane.
at the beginnign i died like 6 times in every round. also so far in 6 hours of playing i only managed to get 15 kills lol. however i did make lot of points by disabling airplanes, helicopters and tanks

also if you get the F35 you can hover like a helicopter. still take practise but then you can also kill soldiers more easy.

so far i have unlocked 5 extras for my airplane and i really need it.

for me the jets are the most difficult to do. i can fly the helicopter pretty well. but jets. it is really really hard.
post #748 of 1615 Old 01-03-2012, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

i think jets are cake and the helis are impossible. i always over bank the turns and plow it into the deck. of course, i've only spent about 5 minutes in them. so it's slightly possible that that might have the tiniest bit to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurms View Post

Make pilots take damage. I remember in BF2, I could snipe helicopter pilots.

take a look at this.

now start practicing more. lol.

500 gigs FTW.
post #749 of 1615 Old 01-04-2012, 03:19 AM
AVS Special Member

actually i am an angel of death in a helicopter. a very good way to learn the helicopter is to play on Co op on the second level when you start playing in CO op.

it is 1 level were you or your friend fly.

that said i also never understand why it aint possible to start a random game to learn flying jets or helicopter.

would be actually pretty cool to do. somekind of pilot wing game using jets or helicopter to learn them.
post #750 of 1615 Old 01-04-2012, 05:08 AM

To the folks who continue to say that jets must stay in the game JUST because they've been in other Battlefields are neglecting one huge factor. The other Battlefields have been on PC with, what, like 64 players?? On console jets are pointless with the miniscule (compared to PC) amount of players, less objectives and smaller maps.

On a side note Ive started to see even more boosters lately. Are you really that desperate to up your stats on a video game? Pathetic.

The USAS with grenade rounds is quite possible the most ridiculous gun in video game history, its stupid. I have no problem with the shotty itself, but the auto nade rounds that have unlimited range need to go.

PSN and LIVE gt: Jmill79
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page