Forum Jump: 

post #781 of 1615 Old 01-09-2012, 04:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by blekk View Post

Hey Verge which map is that on?? I find I can usually only get a couple of kills because the action is too far away from the AA's except for Caspian Boarder where the air action always seems to be over the US Base

It's Noshar Canals, I know I didn't spell it right! It's on the defenders side. It drives like a LAV but shots a very crazy coaxial type gun. It can take a blah down in no time. Way strong stuff!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 1615 Old 01-09-2012, 04:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Had my a$$ handed to me friday on conquest. The opposing team stayed in their spawn zone till they only had 100 tickets left. They came out and pushed us all the way back. Funny thing is I had a decent K/D ratio but as team we could not manage to win an engagement and their assault kept rezzing and we kept loosing more and more ground. Granted they were all colonels and we were a bunch of randoms but was still an impressive performance.

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Receiver - Pioneer 1015-K
Speakers - Polk 6901 (7.1 setup)
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
post #783 of 1615 Old 01-09-2012, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

That shotty everyone is talking about is hilariously overpowered. I don't know why some of you are backing away from saying it - the truth is the truth.

I can't remember the last time I played Conquest and didn't see someone using it at or near the top of their leaderboard. One guy went 50-10 with it in a match that was essentially a COD shootout with everyone doing their jobs rushing the line instead of holding back playing useless sniper (it was that subway map). Everyone NOT using that overpowered shotgun was within a few kills of a 1/1 kill to death ratio.

I got mowed down by one several times from waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too far away for any standard shotgun to work.

It's a shame they won't do anything about it because the rest of the game is fantastic.

PSN = JUST_KEVIN
post #784 of 1615 Old 01-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I'm almost done the SP campaign, can't wait to finally jump back into the MP for the first time since the beta. I'm guessing it's going to be a bit of a struggle until I learn the maps, and get some good guns again.

PSN = Hatcher14
post #785 of 1615 Old 01-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatcher View Post

I'm almost done the SP campaign, can't wait to finally jump back into the MP for the first time since the beta. I'm guessing it's going to be a bit of a struggle until I learn the maps, and get some good guns again.

for the most part the stock equipment are fine... most of my kits I just use stock equipment and obviously I use some of the upgrades you unlock for them
post #786 of 1615 Old 01-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4theLuvofHD View Post

It's Noshar Canals, I know I didn't spell it right! It's on the defenders side. It drives like a LAV but shots a very crazy coaxial type gun. It can take a blah down in no time. Way strong stuff!

I don't think it's over powered... it's not heavily armored... the reason most can dominate in these is due to inept opponents... there is also one on wake island... my first time using it I got 17 kills before I was finally destroyed... but the opponents didn't even attempt to fire rockets at me... and when some did they were straight ahead in in front of me so it was easy killing.... which brings me to:

my number one n00b tip would be never take a flag head on... always flank the position with a group if possible...
post #787 of 1615 Old 01-09-2012, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

So true on that noob tip.

I also have a lot of luck turning matches around singlehandedly by skirting my way around the frontline battle at one of the middle flag and instead flipping the unguarded flag closest to the enemy spawn. Then teammates immediately begin spawning there and the two fronts collapse around the enemy and all flags fall into our hands pretty quickly. Then a lot of times I try it and get nailed by a rogue just wandering around the map and have to start all over again. It's easier in a vehicle, of course.

I learned that one in Warhawk and it seems to apply pretty well in BF3, although harder because I can't just hop in a plane and zip over to the flag in two seconds.

PSN = JUST_KEVIN
post #788 of 1615 Old 01-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkoza View Post

for the most part the stock equipment are fine... most of my kits I just use stock equipment and obviously I use some of the upgrades you unlock for them

Yeah? I remember doing better in the beta with the unlocked guns, but maybe that was just because I was getting used to the game and knew that subway map (Metro?) really good.

PSN = Hatcher14
post #789 of 1615 Old 01-09-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatcher View Post

Yeah? I remember doing better in the beta with the unlocked guns, but maybe that was just because I was getting used to the game and knew that subway map (Metro?) really good.

I find a few upgrades really handy such as the heavy barrel and a reflex sight when using an assault rifle. I'm getting way more kills now that I have a more faster, accurate target acquisition and the barrel doesn't wonder as much.

PSN: blekk
post #790 of 1615 Old 01-09-2012, 01:40 PM

Had a few fun games with Chairman last night and I think we only lost 1 game out of about 5 or 6 with an Ace Squad Ribbon in there too

post #791 of 1615 Old 01-09-2012, 02:53 PM

Sweet!

Yes, the AA gun is unbalanced, because I could kill every person trying to hit me with a rocket before they could get it fired, and that when three or so were coming at me. The thing sprays in a large grouping and fires for a long time. Not saying it isn't cool, just saying it is way too difficult to defense from it.

Also, the USAS-12 with frag rounds is OP too. I would really like to use it before its nerfed. Every one I know that uses it admits its superpower ability. Honestly it sounds like a tank shell went off in my ear hole.
post #792 of 1615 Old 01-09-2012, 10:10 PM

Am I the only person that love the Amtrac? It seems like few people use it. It's heavily armored, is a mobile spawn point and the grenade launcher on it is a beast. Drive that thing up to an mcom in rush and its dice for the defenders. 62 and 3 in the Amtrak. That thing is a beast.

post #793 of 1615 Old 01-09-2012, 11:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Sir, I believe we had TWO Ace Squad ribbons!

Quote:

Had a few fun games with Chairman last night and I think we only lost 1 game out of about 5 or 6 with an Ace Squad Ribbon in there too

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #794 of 1615 Old 01-10-2012, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

Sir, I believe we had TWO Ace Squad ribbons!

Shhh.... Ixnay on the ribbonay's; These people might think we're good or something

post #795 of 1615 Old 01-10-2012, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I got on with for about an hour last night with Chuckster. We were winning most matches, and had at least one Ace Squad ribbon. Then we got to the marketplace and the other team all used the USAS-12. It was ugly. Had fun though. Amazing what a little communication and teamwork can do.
post #796 of 1615 Old 01-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDSapper View Post

I got on with for about an hour last night with Chuckster. We were winning most matches, and had at least one Ace Squad ribbon. Then we got to the marketplace and the other team all used the USAS-12. It was ugly. Had fun though. Amazing what a little communication and teamwork can do.

We got 3 ace squad ribbons, Sir!

Yeah, the usas-12 with frag rounds on grand bazaar is ridiculous.
Not to mention our squad spawning under the map.....

PC/PS3/360/Wii U
PSN GT: chuckster1
XBL GT: TahoeCougar
Steam: chavan30

post #797 of 1615 Old 01-10-2012, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouscuban View Post

Am I the only person that love the Amtrac? It seems like few people use it. It's heavily armored, is a mobile spawn point and the grenade launcher on it is a beast. Drive that thing up to an mcom in rush and its dice for the defenders. 62 and 3 in the Amtrak. That thing is a beast.

NAAAAA!!!, it´s overpowered, last night one guy killed my entire squad in two seconds, should be nerfed (joke).

adding the grenade launcher and HMG, every occupant of this beast can shoot, it´s a porcupine if portected properly
post #798 of 1615 Old 01-10-2012, 02:03 PM

Just a thought maybe the usas-12 with frag rounds doesn't need to be nerfed power wise, just for range and splash damage - i.e. decrease the range so enemies need to be closer to use it, but increase the splash damage so that when the use it at a closer range they risk being hit too??? I think this would make people think twice before standing back and taking pot shots at nothing....

post #799 of 1615 Old 01-10-2012, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I like that idea! The way it is now it's like they're carrying around a Mk19.
post #800 of 1615 Old 01-10-2012, 04:38 PM

The frag round on any other shotgun isn't that impressive. The ROF for the frag and DAO-12 is pretty slow. Also, I hit a guy in the chest at the range buckshot would have knocked him down. After he killed me I saw he had 60% health left...wtf.

Frag with the USAS is a beast though. The ROF is ridiculous.

PSN: MakoCSH
post #801 of 1615 Old 01-10-2012, 08:57 PM

Is anybody else sick of the constant whinging on the Official Battlelog forum?? When you say something they don't like they will look up your stats and try to make you cry Well I got news for you little Johnny who thinks he's a real Marine, I don't give a F*%K about my stats

Rant over

P.S - My apologies to all the little Johnny's and Real Marines out there who may be offended

post #802 of 1615 Old 01-11-2012, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Oh God... They're the WORST! I skim it for info and news, but rarely post. I can imagine the Call of Duty forums being worse, but not by much.

Quote:

Is anybody else sick of the constant whinging on the Official Battlelog forum?? When you say something they don't like they will look up your stats and try to make you cry Well I got news for you little Johnny who thinks he's a real Marine, I don't give a F*%K about my stats

Rant over

P.S - My apologies to all the little Johnny's and Real Marines out there who may be offended

post #803 of 1615 Old 01-11-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoCSH View Post

The frag round on any other shotgun isn't that impressive. The ROF for the frag and DAO-12 is pretty slow. Also, I hit a guy in the chest at the range buckshot would have knocked him down. After he killed me I saw he had 60% health left...wtf.

Frag with the USAS is a beast though. The ROF is ridiculous.

I'm surprised you didn't kill him. The majority of my kills with this shotgun are one shot kills. I actually eliminated an entire squad with the DAO-12 last night.
post #804 of 1615 Old 01-11-2012, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:

Hey Verge which map is that on?? I find I can usually only get a couple of kills because the action is too far away from the AA's except for Caspian Boarder where the air action always seems to be over the US Base

Mobile aa on wake and canals.

Once you unlock heat seekers you are near untouchable, especially after thermal upgrade.
post #805 of 1615 Old 01-11-2012, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post

Once you unlock heat seekers you are near untouchable, especially after thermal upgrade.

IF you have a good machine gunner to keep infantry away!

post #806 of 1615 Old 01-11-2012, 04:16 PM

Wow I'm now getting points for literately not playing the game I'm at work at the moment and I just had a Battlelog report pop up on my desktop saying I just won a game of Squad Death Match on the Gulf of Oman 12mins ago and was awarded 10 points!!!! WTF?????? Oh well points are points I suppose

post #807 of 1615 Old 01-14-2012, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Did they do away with hardcore. There are like 20 servers in the whole world.
post #808 of 1615 Old 01-14-2012, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Did they do away with hardcore. There are like 20 servers in the whole world.

They're having issues with their hardcore servers, so they're working on them.

post #809 of 1615 Old 01-15-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:

Ok stupid question but can the mobile AA's be moved? I'm assuming not??

post #810 of 1615 Old 01-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I finally got the 12g grenade round! I blew myself up the first two times I used it.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page