Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru View Post

http://www.gamebandits.com/news/batt...nounced-16557/

There's no email -- it should just be on PSN when you log in.

Thanks, I got my email earlier today I will download it when I get home from work around midnight and hopefully most will have already dl'd it so it won't take so long. I'm sure it's a big download.

Vizio M601D-A3R w/ Vizio VSB207BT soundbar and Yamaha YST-SW215 Sub | Vizio M501D-A2R | PS3 Slim | PS4 | Harmony 650 Remote | DirecTV Genie WHDVR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1615 Old 09-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1022 View Post

Thanks, I got my email earlier today I will download it when I get home from work around midnight and hopefully most will have already dl'd it so it won't take so long. I'm sure it's a big download.

It's a little over 1 Gb

The Weekend Warriors
post #63 of 1615 Old 09-28-2011, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Anyone play this yet? Looking for some user opinions/thoughts on the multiplayer.
post #64 of 1615 Old 09-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio81 View Post

Anyone play this yet? Looking for some user opinions/thoughts on the multiplayer.

I played it last night. Enjoyable. I haven't been playing any FPS MP for a while, but still had a >1 K/D in 2 out of 3 rounds, and I'm a run'n'gun type. Of course I got most of the kills when I exercised a smidge of patience Nice sounds on the guns. New animation for jumping over stuff, and it has prone (hold down R3, took me a while to figure that out). The first map was outside in a park, then into a subway station, then back into a semi-open urban area with 2-3 story multi-room buildings. I didn't really notice any environment destruction going on, but I just chose Support as my role, so I couldn't blow anything up on my own. I'll have to pick engineer next time and try to blow some stuff up. The variety of the level design was nice. I almost cancelled my pre-order because I stayed up till midnight playing it, and I don't want to neglect the more meaningful things I have to do. The urge is strong to want to play it more to get better... and unlock stuff... We need to implement achievements and unlocking gear in schools. Like the Arithmetic Proficiency badge unlocks the Calculator It's amazing how motivational all these meaningless little ribbons are. ATM I'm still going to get it so I can check out the 3D, or I may just wait for reviews. I have to see what the pre-order goodies are. I think you get the Return to Karkand bonus pack with the Limited Edition which should be available for at least the first few months. Otherwise I think Amazon is just giving out special dogtags, meh...

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
post #65 of 1615 Old 09-28-2011, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Nice man, thanks for the update. Did you enjoy BF: Bad Company 2? There was a lot of hype for that game, but the online play just didn’t satisfy me. Too slow, too big of maps, too much time spent wandering around. Just wondering if Battlefield 3 is anything like Bad Company 2, or if it’s a little faster paced.

I am also the run-n-gun type. Looking forward to MW3, but hoping BF3 is good as well.
post #66 of 1615 Old 09-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio81 View Post

Nice man, thanks for the update. Did you enjoy BF: Bad Company 2? There was a lot of hype for that game, but the online play just didn't satisfy me. Too slow, too big of maps, too much time spent wandering around. Just wondering if Battlefield 3 is anything like Bad Company 2, or if it's a little faster paced.

I am also the run-n-gun type. Looking forward to MW3, but hoping BF3 is good as well.

I did like BF:BC2, but I didn't like the BC maps they added, Oasis and Harvest. Those were definitely too big for the player count, and it felt like you were running forever. In BF:BC2, if you were in a (competent) squad, I didn't really feel like I spent that much time running, and I liked the additional freedom for different avenues of attack that the larger maps provided. I would say the map size on Metro (the only map in the Beta) was similar in size to a typical BF:BC2 map. I enjoy having some breathing room once in a while on the maps, but, yeah, sometimes you get stuck spawning at the back with no vehicles and it does sort of suck. Then I just typically run right into trouble since I'm so eager to get to the action... I don't think it will be an issue in games at full player count, but it's no COD in terms of map size. Which is fine with me, sometimes I want to play something like that and I can pop in COD:MW, usually I prefer the greater depth (imo) and go with BF. In retrospect, some the new 'Nam maps were pretty big, especially if they weren't full. It's surprising how much the user base really splintered after that, it was hard to find a full game on regular BF:BC2 or Vietnam a few weeks after the initial 'Nam fever had died down.

post #67 of 1615 Old 09-28-2011, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
FYI Oasis and Harvest day were two of the most popular maps from BFBC1, anyone else playing the beta? I can't wait for tomorrow night!
post #68 of 1615 Old 09-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonies View Post

FYI Oasis and Harvest day were two of the most popular maps from BFBC1, anyone else playing the beta? I can't wait for tomorrow night!

Yeah, I know that's why they chose those two. I just didn't think they translated well to BC2, or perhaps I was just lacking the necessary nostalgia to fully enjoy them or I lack patience. I do sort of look forward to the Return to Karkand maps, I was more of a BF2 player on PC, so I sort of skipped BC1 since it didn't come out for PC. I only picked it up used between the end of the BC2 beta and release because I was jonesing for some more of that good BC gameplay, consequently, I finished the SP and only played the MP of BC1 for a week or so.

post #69 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Open beta is sometime today. Anyone know what time? I found the Battlefield 3 Beta via search on the PSN but says "content not available on this account" when trying to download.
post #70 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cysquatch View Post

Open beta is sometime today. Anyone know what time? I found the Battlefield 3 Beta via search on the PSN but says "content not available on this account" when trying to download.

same message for me

Bona Fide
post #71 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

Not sure what time it will be available today, but if you have an UK PSN account you can download from their store now.

PSN = Hatcher14
post #72 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

https://twitter.com/#!/battlefield/s...04893118271488

PSN Gamertag: chris5977

In War: Resolution
In Defeat: Defiance
In Victory: Magnanimity
In Peace: Good Will

Winston Spencer Churchill
post #73 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 08:31 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

It is probably saying that because it's the early release beta for those who bought the limited edition of Medal of Honor. The beta should be up sometime today for everyone else.
post #74 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Open Beta is up now on PSN.

PSN / Steam - KrimsonStudios
post #75 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

how big is the DL? Looking forward to playing it tonight.
post #76 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 01:05 PM

1142 mb
post #77 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 02:04 PM

Pretty fun so far.

There is one big bug where you "sink" into the map near objective B in the very first section. Seems if you get near another player you both fall into the map and must commit suicide to get out. It only seems to happen when your outside on the grass/park.

Bona Fide
post #78 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 02:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 153
This is not ready for prime time even as a beta. Bad choice to release this in order to convince people to buy, buggy as hell, dropped games and continual loading screens. No purchase for me based upon this sub-par experience.

Jason
post #79 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

This is not ready for prime time even as a beta. Bad choice to release this in order to convince people to buy, buggy as hell, dropped games and continual loading screens. No purchase for me based upon this sub-par experience.

Jason

didn't experience any of those issues after about 2 hours of solid play.

Bona Fide
post #80 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 02:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Good for you, you are one of the lucky ones then.

Jason
post #81 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 03:18 PM

Liked: 12
This is a guaranteed purchase regardless of a buggy beta. BC2 had a buggy beta as well, and it ended up being one of if not the best FPS around.
post #82 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipfreely View Post

1142 mb

mine sez 1173mb
post #83 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

I didn't play long. About an hour or so. I did not experience any issues at all with connectivity or loading screens.

I mean, when it comes to p2p servers, there is pretty much no way to avoid the potential of terrible hosts.

PSN / Steam - KrimsonStudios
post #84 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
I have both PS3 and X360 versions downloaded. As of an hour ago, I couldn't even play on X360 and kept getting error to EA server but PS3 version plays quite well.
post #85 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Jason

On the paper, by the time it's open beta for everyone and only a month away from full release, the quality should have been solid. We all know with online multiplayer games will still be buggy on the release because there is just not that much time to fix the critical bugs in less than a month. What you said about being a bad choice to release this in order to convince buyers is logical, but the reality is too many gamers can't wait to buy it anyway even it's going to be buggy and then complain like they are surprised. Game reviewers will still give it a high rating because they ignore games being shipped broken. As long there are enough gamers who will buy buggy games, there is no reason for developer and publisher to polish the game when it's shipped.
post #86 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

wow this is quite terrible, quality is not "solid"

it is much more like Killzone or call of duty with the craptastic interface, what was wrong with BFBC2s kit selection is beyond me

you get a black loading screen when you spawn on a squad mate, ANNOYING!

your friendly blue triangles, if you get too close the name pops up and the triangle goes way off to the left so it makes it hard to determine who is friendly and who is not

animations feel clunky when running and tacked on when jumping over things, sometimes more realistic is worse for these fps games

sound blows but thats probably just the beta

graphics are also terrible, not a lot of destruction, probably the beta for the texture dept at least

guns are very hard to handle, not fun trying to kill someone as a level 1, i guess you need to level up to get more control of them?

can't spot really anymore, prone is useless because every time you use it you flash a white lite like crazy to the other team

objectives don't flash on your map or hud when set, just the noise happens REALLY ANNNOYING!

grenades are useless and so are RPG's, and the worst part is the knifing is somehow even worse than BFBC2!

everyone is playing like its call of duty and nobody knows how to play rush!

also the falling through the map is annoying

the billions of flashing text and numbers every time you kill someone is also REALLY annoying
post #87 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 05:50 PM

Liked: 13
I'm not really feeling this game. It is not really clear on what I should be doing. Plus I got killed by a sniper about five times in a row. I ran right by the enemy, I couldn't tell he was the enemy at first, then he shot me lol, might have to cancel my preorder.
post #88 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 06:44 PM

Liked: 832
world wide servers.....

ugh
post #89 of 1615 Old 09-29-2011, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 61
Played for a couple hours. Knifing is definitely worse...and even when it works the dog tags take up half the screen so you are almost guaranteed to die after. Spotting is awful, and makes a loud noise when you are out of spotting ability. Not a fan of prone since it was already easy enough to camp in this game. The map is lame with too many narrow corridors; the best part is the beginning and the end, both of which are outside. No vehicles in the beta? In the game that is known for vehicles? Odd. I tried to use some mines on the MCOM and didn't notice any damage; doesn't seem like the MCOM has a life bar at all now. I don't mind this, but it might have been more fun to be able to repair it as an engineer. Perhaps I'm wrong about the MCOM having no life bar.

I know it's a beta, but it felt like Battlefield 1.5 instead of 3 (yes, it feels less than 2...and yes, I know this is just a beta).
post #90 of 1615 Old 09-30-2011, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Feels a lot like CoD and less Battlefield. I welcomed the "faster" gameplay, but they shouldn't have made it a twitch fest. The beta map is a pretty bad choice.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page