Battlefield 3 For PS3 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 1615 Old 09-30-2011, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 42
hmmm, I let my ps3 downloading it last night. Will try it as soon as I get home.
You guys don't seem all exited about it,....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1615 Old 09-30-2011, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 View Post

You guys don't seem all exited about it,....

Meh. I think when people start complaining it sets the tone. On other forums I frequent most people seem fairly content with the game. There are some of the similar complaints but most people enjoying the beta for what it is.

I think the biggest issue is that this game was way overhyped. It was marketed as if it was going to revolutionize the FPS genre, but really, it's just another BF.

The map in the beta is also lame. It doesn't really capture the BF feel.

PSN / Steam - KrimsonStudios
post #93 of 1615 Old 09-30-2011, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 75
It's a beta, people. Betas suck. I played for 5 minutes and realized that if I played much longer it would sour my outlook on what is sure to be an amazing game.

------------------------------------
PSN/XBO: frankthetoad
post #94 of 1615 Old 09-30-2011, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I've logged many hours so far. I have enjoyed playing the beta. Luckily I haven't experienced any connection issues. I do like the map. I really can't say anything negative since this is a beta. DICE has repeatedly said the beta is really scaled down so it's missing functions and the graphics aren't what will represent the final product. The real purpose of the beta is to balance server issues to have an error free launch. The beta build is an old one DICE employees have been playing in the office. I can't wait until the real game is released.
post #95 of 1615 Old 09-30-2011, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 61
More complaints since the tone has been set: It only takes a couple bullets to take people down, and you can jump over things too fast.

I will say that I didn't have connection issues for the first 1.5 hours. The last half hour things got buggy and random lights started to pop up throughout the map (like lightsabers in the air).

Maybe they purposely provided a smaller map with no vehicles, less health/increased bullet damage, and prone just for the beta to attract COD players and will switch it back to Battlefield gameplay for the real game.
post #96 of 1615 Old 09-30-2011, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

More complaints since the tone has been set: It only takes a couple bullets to take people down, and you can jump over things too fast.

I will say that I didn't have connection issues for the first 1.5 hours. The last half hour things got buggy and random lights started to pop up throughout the map (like lightsabers in the air).

Maybe they purposely provided a smaller map with no vehicles, less health/increased bullet damage, and prone just for the beta to attract COD players and will switch it back to Battlefield gameplay for the real game.

No connection issues at all, but plenty of collision detection issues, especially when prone, falling through the earth, or seeing other prone people with half their body in the the earth or a wall... Hopefully this is old build as said above. Doesn't seem new and exciting is right... I enjoyed it some, but haven't been playing shooters in a while... on the fence about cancelling the preorder...

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
post #97 of 1615 Old 09-30-2011, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I played a few rounds last night and was pretty pleased with it considering it is a beta. I have logged a few hundred hours in BC2, so it felt pretty familiar. It is a little more fast paced and twitchier, but it still has that Battlefield feel to it. The knifing sucks and I can't believe how badly they nerfed the spot function. The grenades look like they're being thrown like a fast pitch softball and I could never get them to arc like a typical grenade toss. There's some heavy clipping in spots. I do like the extra points you get from being a mobile spawn point and for laying down suppressing fire.

I ran the support kit and got the first few tiers of upgrades (holo sight, laser, grip). I like that the guns have seemingly have more recoil than before. A LMG isn't going to be like an assault rifle with a large clip. I didn't run the Assault kit too much but I can already see that the tac lights are going to be a fan favorite.

My suggestion is that if you have complaints or bug reports, take them over to the EA's Battlefield forum and post them. DICE seems to respond pretty quickly if enough people complain (BC2 M60 god-cannon, I'm looking at you). I'd say with the release just a few weeks away, you're probably not going to see a lot of changes from the newest code they have now, but we can always make suggestions for the first patch...

TWW resident bullet sponge
PSN: ThreeWulfMoon
post #98 of 1615 Old 09-30-2011, 01:07 PM

Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvtFoci View Post

Feels a lot like CoD and less Battlefield. I welcomed the "faster" gameplay, but they shouldn't have made it a twitch fest. The beta map is a pretty bad choice.

Slow yourself down, and use cover. Pretty easy to rape run and gunners, just as it was in BFBC2.

My biggest complain is Chat and Squad is royally messed up, yet again. DICE seems to actively want to make it impossible to play multiplayer with your multiplayer friends.
post #99 of 1615 Old 09-30-2011, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrantii View Post

my biggest complain is chat and squad is royally messed up, yet again. Dice seems to actively want to make it impossible to play multiplayer with your multiplayer friends.

beta.

------------------------------------
PSN/XBO: frankthetoad
post #100 of 1615 Old 09-30-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post

beta.

BFBC = 4 only, broken voice chat
BFBC2 = 4 only, squad chat after patch, no team option
BF3 = 4 only, broken voice chat

I'm sure they finally get is resolved again, but DICE really, really needs to hire better networking programmers. They also need to focus on the clan / teamwork aspects that are completely missing..... for a game where it's essential to dominate a map / round.
post #101 of 1615 Old 09-30-2011, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

oh yeah and don't bother accepting any of your friend's invites because you'll just go to a nice limbo loading screen for forever...

and also if you join your friend's game from the main menu, you guys can chat with each other but I haven't found a way to actually get put in the same squad so you can play with each other, I hope those two things are certainly fixed
post #102 of 1615 Old 10-01-2011, 10:13 AM

Liked: 17
Anybody else notice that when you accept a revive from a team mate, you come back to life and your guns will not shoot. Happened to me twice.
post #103 of 1615 Old 10-01-2011, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post

Anybody else notice that when you accept a revive from a team mate, you come back to life and your guns will not shoot. Happened to me twice.

theres a menu on the right that says "accept revival press X" or "do not accept press Circle" I guess because some idiots were whining about getting revived in BFBC2 and dying right away screwing up their K/D or something lame like that
post #104 of 1615 Old 10-01-2011, 11:05 PM

Not happy bout the map choice.

BFBC1 we had Oasis = vehicles in open areas, town for destruction
BFBC2 we had Port Valdez = vehicles and buildings to show Destruction 2.0
BF3 we get Operation Metro = no vehicles, a park with no buildings to destroy, plus tunnels to get mowed down in - UGH!

Would be cool if they give us another map before the beta ends.

"I need it. Buy it. Store it." - Tony Stark
post #105 of 1615 Old 10-02-2011, 09:15 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonies View Post

theres a menu on the right that says "accept revival press X" or "do not accept press Circle" I guess because some idiots were whining about getting revived in BFBC2 and dying right away screwing up their K/D or something lame like that

I did that (X to accept revive) and came alive but when I try to shoot nothing happens.
post #106 of 1615 Old 10-02-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post

I did that (X to accept revive) and came alive but when I try to shoot nothing happens.

I didn't have a problem shooting but I could switch weapons until I stood up. Then everything worked fine.

post #107 of 1615 Old 10-02-2011, 04:32 PM

Anyone getting the "Lost Connection..." error. Today was horrible. It wouldn't go more than a couple minutes without kicking back to the main menu. It got better after a bit but still, got booted several times and always when I was kicking ass.

Aside from the connection issue, I'm loving this game. I've logged close to 5 hours. I found it quite a challenge to get kills at first. I think I went 3 games before I got my first. At first, I could not hit anyone from any distance. However, after playing a few games, I started getting kills. After my first hour, I think I have yet to have any game with negative K/D.

Guns are great. I've been running mostly engineer. I don't like the scope too much and prefer the HOLO and other similar site. Also like the suppressor. Grenades suck balls. The RPG's work pretty well too. OH... and the pistols are pimp.

Like BCBF2, the squad you'll roll with makes all the difference in the world. I'm not sure if its that there are a lot of people playing that never played BF but I found that most didn't know how to play RUSH. I'm guessing people are just trying to practice more than play. Who knows. I did have several epic games today though.

As for the map, I'm the opposite of most on here. I don't like the first, open part as much as I like the other two portions. I like close quarter maps... maps with tight spaces so some noob can pick you off from a mile away. Sure, there are some long shots in the subway but there is plenty of cover to stay away from line of site.

Sound of guns is awesome. Love the way it sounds on my surround. Realistic to me.

I think what I found most frustrating is the squad support. It's extremely buggy right now. I don't think we had a game where we weren't split up. I assume that will be fixed before release. All in all, I really like this game.

post #108 of 1615 Old 10-02-2011, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

dunno,..I tried to like it but can't. deleted it, I know it's a beta but it's kinda crap (to me).
post #109 of 1615 Old 10-02-2011, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I'm not as enthused about this title anymore after playing the beta. What drew me to BFBC 1 & 2 were the large open maps, vehicles and destruction. This is a COD clone and nobody outCODs COD. I'm thinking about cancelling my preorder and just waiting for it to hit the bargain bin.
post #110 of 1615 Old 10-03-2011, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

As for me I canceled my pre ordered. I'll wait also. Might end up getting MW3 lol.
post #111 of 1615 Old 10-03-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru View Post

I'm not as enthused about this title anymore after playing the beta. What drew me to BFBC 1 & 2 were the large open maps, vehicles and destruction. This is a COD clone and nobody outCODs COD. I'm thinking about cancelling my preorder and just waiting for it to hit the bargain bin.

For one beta map?

Seems shortsighted to me.
post #112 of 1615 Old 10-03-2011, 10:17 AM

I don't try to convince people to like games. They either do or they don't. I have zero to gain either way.

post #113 of 1615 Old 10-03-2011, 10:26 AM

OK.. I think I got a chub from that video.

post #114 of 1615 Old 10-03-2011, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hated Metro, and almost cancelled the pre-order, but that video above has me back on board. Thanks for posting it (although Current Wife was happier when I was canceling).

www.twitter.com/anthonycmoreno
PSN - anthonycm
XB1 - anthonycmo
post #115 of 1615 Old 10-03-2011, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 61
That Caspian Border map looks far superior. I do think they provided this Metro map first in an effort to get COD players interested. They better release Caspian Border before Battlefield vets revolt.

I'm still on the fence since so many other games are coming out (Dark Souls tomorrow, and the fun Uncharted 3 Subway demo).
post #116 of 1615 Old 10-03-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

That Caspian Border map looks far superior. I do think they provided this Metro map first in an effort to get COD players interested. They better release Caspian Border before Battlefield vets revolt.

You may be right. I have several friends that are total fans of COD and absolutely detested every previous installment of BF. However, they are completely in love with BF3 based on the Beta. I have a strong feeling that if Metro is the only map released during the Beta, they will end up throwing away $60 on BF3, which is fine by mean since they convinced me to buy MW2 and BO because they insisted that it was going to be "so much better" than previous installments of COD. They love COD for all the reasons I hate it and I love BF for all the reasons they hate it. They will still owe me another $60 if they do buy BF3 and end up hating it.

post #117 of 1615 Old 10-03-2011, 11:02 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

For one beta map?

Incredibly shortsighted... especially considering how phenomenal BC2 was and the fact that is DICE we're talking about here. Not to mention the fact that even despite it's glitches, this Metro map is pretty awesome (at least when you're inside... outside is too busy and boring for my tastes, on this map at least). And before you label me a COD fanboy, let me just say that Caspian is amazing on the PC and I love it. Metro's layout and the intensity when underground and especially in the lobby section is fantastic... a real exciting atmosphere there. I kind wish the whole map had been one long tunnel and ground-level station.

By all means though, get the pseudo-Infinity Ward created MW3 and play with all the 13 year old boosters and exploiters on your rat maze maps.
post #118 of 1615 Old 10-03-2011, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

For one beta map?

Yeah, I guess it's more about the huge fall line up more than anything else. I want to be sure that everything I get is a "must have". Also, I've started collecting those stupid collector's statues and it's costing me a fortune (already have InFamous 2, Gears 3 with Batman AC & Uncharted 3 upcoming).

I have been avoiding footage of games that I was sure were going to be homeruns (Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3). Thanks for posting the Caspian border map -- my faith has been restored. Mind you, I was in the BFBC2 beta and I don't recall having very many issues at all (3 weeks until release right?).
post #119 of 1615 Old 10-03-2011, 11:56 AM

BFBC2 Beta had tons of issues from what I remember. So did 1943, which was released right before it.
post #120 of 1615 Old 10-03-2011, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru View Post

BF3 will have large open maps, vehicles, and destruction. You do realize the beta is very watered down so there are no vehicles and destruction like there will be in the actual game when it comes out.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page