Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 1615 Old 03-08-2012, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I quit playing COD to play BF3. I'm not looking for a hybrid of the two. All out armor warfare sounds cool.

Well, it´s very easy for you, don´t buy the close quarters DLC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1615 Old 03-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlalotoani View Post

Well, it´s very easy for you, don´t buy the close quarters DLC

I'm not going to pass judgement until the finished product is released, but what I love most about bf3 is the large maps.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
post #1173 of 1615 Old 03-09-2012, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsfan21 View Post

From what I read, it's going to be 4 close quarters map. All will be inside buildings. There will be 10 new weapons as well.

I also understand they will be emphasizing vertical combat, with multiple floors and vantage points to each map.

Also, got my 100% platinum (with DLC) the other day. Working on knocking out all the medals now. Those two Rush-MCOM medals and the SQDM medal are going to be a pain.
post #1174 of 1615 Old 03-09-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:

I'm not going to pass judgement until the finished product is released, but what I love most about bf3 is the large maps.

Yes, I also do love HUGE maps, but I´m not against small ones
post #1175 of 1615 Old 03-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Should be interesting to see if the Fall/Winter DLC releases interfere with the planned release of Medal of Honor 2. Isn't that supposed to be out around the same time.

I think I'd personally prefer to play more BF3 than a MoH2, maybe with the exception of the vehicular focused expansion. I'm not sold on that yet.

I wasn't that impressed with the online play of the last MoH.
post #1176 of 1615 Old 03-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

Yes, I also do love HUGE maps, but I´m not against small ones

That's what she said

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
post #1177 of 1615 Old 03-12-2012, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:

That's what she said

I miss that line from The Office.
post #1178 of 1615 Old 03-12-2012, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:

yeah and they really screwed the pooch with this game on that front. sometimes it seems that there are more infantry style maps than there are vehicle maps. what i hate is that you only play one side before the map changes. so now when i pick a map i like in quick match, i get to play it for three minutes and then it changes to a map that i hate.

500 gigs FTW.
post #1179 of 1615 Old 03-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Advanced Member

looks like a more official trailer, if the destruction is as cool as this video shows it to be, it could be fun despite the frantic COD like pace the video sells

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Laq...layer_embedded
post #1180 of 1615 Old 03-13-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

...so now when i pick a map i like in quick match, i get to play it for three minutes and then it changes to a map that i hate.

You can filter the maps you don't like so you don't see the servers with those maps in rotation.
post #1181 of 1615 Old 03-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkoza View Post

looks like a more official trailer, if the destruction is as cool as this video shows it to be, it could be fun despite the frantic COD like pace the video sells

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Laq...layer_embedded

Looks like snipers and campers are running out of places to setup in the newer DLC.
post #1182 of 1615 Old 03-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I haven't been playing recently. I've moved on to trying to knock out some of the gaming backlog. I'll probably wait before buying this to see what peoples thoughts are on the Close Quarters maps.

It might be enough incentive to start playing again. I should have a few games knocked out by then.
post #1183 of 1615 Old 03-13-2012, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by btinindy View Post

Looks like snipers and campers are running out of places to setup in the newer DLC.

yeah, because they're trying to make bf the swiss army knife of shooters. huge mistake because this game is losing appeal by the day thanks to them completely forgetting what makes the series great -- big maps with lots of variety in terms of killing the enemy team. if they want to copy cod, then use medal of honor for that purpose. dice is ruining the only shooter series i have left.

500 gigs FTW.
post #1184 of 1615 Old 03-13-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:

yeah, because they're trying to make bf the swiss army knife of shooters. huge mistake because this game is losing appeal by the day thanks to them completely forgetting what makes the series great -- big maps with lots of variety in terms of killing the enemy team. if they want to copy cod, then use medal of honor for that purpose. dice is ruining the only shooter series i have left.

Well, you musn´t know about "the mother of all tank battles" BF3 DLC in this fall
post #1185 of 1615 Old 03-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:

I still don't get the thought process of them ruining the game. This is an add on that can be purchased or not. They are not taking away the large maps or vehicles.

Personally I like the mix. I am sure I am not alone either because it is usually hard to find an open spot on the Metro map when I play.
post #1186 of 1615 Old 03-14-2012, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

I play Metro, but it is probably my least favorite map because there is no way to flank the enemy without somehow busting through their line like the Kool-Aid Man.

On most of the other maps, no matter how bad my team is getting beat I can always find a route to zip around the main front and open up a new spawn point.

PSN = JUST_KEVIN
post #1187 of 1615 Old 03-14-2012, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Although now I do love Metro because as soon as the battle turns to the B flag, I unleash my EOD bot and do circles around the enemy, running over, zapping and killing anyone not paying enough attention to get out of my way.

NUMBER FIVE ALIVE!!!!!!

PSN = JUST_KEVIN
post #1188 of 1615 Old 03-14-2012, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 111
I'll never forget when an AVSer and myself (was it Brandonnash? Csplnk?) were playing Conquest on Metro (from the street side) and were losing, the other team had B.

By going down the first set of Escalators, we somehow were able to sneak along the right side behind the train and make it all the way down to their side's Flag. He set up a Spawn Beacon in the lockerroom there and he and I proceeded to pick their guys off over and over again (respawning when necessary) and we ended up winning.

It's my favorite game of Conquest ever cause our team won JUST because of he and I. It was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor_Kevin View Post

I play Metro, but it is probably my least favorite map because there is no way to flank the enemy without somehow busting through their line like the Kool-Aid Man.

On most of the other maps, no matter how bad my team is getting beat I can always find a route to zip around the main front and open up a new spawn point.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #1189 of 1615 Old 03-14-2012, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

I'll never forget when an AVSer and myself (was it Brandonnash? Csplnk?) were playing Conquest on Metro (from the street side) and were losing, the other team had B.

By going down the first set of Escalators, we somehow were able to sneak along the right side behind the train and make it all the way down to their side's Flag. He set up a Spawn Beacon in the lockerroom there and he and I proceeded to pick their guys off over and over again (respawning when necessary) and we ended up winning.

It's my favorite game of Conquest ever cause our team won JUST because of he and I. It was awesome.

As much as I would like to claim that as being me, I've literally only played one or two games of conquest and I should play more, just like rush more. I believe we had a couple good games of rush one night though.

Here lately its been flat out feast or famine for me. One game I do great and immediately the next game I do horribly. I may have to start playing some deathmatch to get my close quarter shooting skills a bit better.
post #1190 of 1615 Old 03-17-2012, 07:18 AM

I don't post much on this site..... Lurk on this thread, and some of the home theater/ht equipment threads.......

But question is, is there many conquest players here? it seems there's more rush players here, via posts.... I'm mainly a ground conquest player, will roll in tanks, if available..... Battlelog & psn username is same as username for this site, if your interested in checking stats.... kdr suck arse, but i play for the objective of capping & defending flags......

PSN= Jamweiser
post #1191 of 1615 Old 03-17-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamweiser View Post

I don't post much on this site..... Lurk on this thread, and some of the home theater/ht equipment threads.......

But question is, is there many conquest players here? it seems there's more rush players here, via posts.... I'm mainly a ground conquest player, will roll in tanks, if available..... Battlelog & psn username is same as username for this site, if your interested in checking stats.... kdr suck arse, but i play for the objective of capping & defending flags......

That's the only mode I play. I've played the other ones and conquest is like domination from COD which I usually only play as well.

PSN is in my sig.

PSN: Desolate_Soul
post #1192 of 1615 Old 03-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 53
How many of you guys play using the War Tapes setting in the sound option? Or better yet which setting do you guys prefer?
post #1193 of 1615 Old 03-19-2012, 11:05 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokenAshes View Post

How many of you guys play using the War Tapes setting in the sound option? Or better yet which setting do you guys prefer?

I do, it's nice to have a bit more going on around me in the surrounds. It gives my sub a workout.

post #1194 of 1615 Old 03-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchPope View Post

I do, it's nice to have a bit more going on around me in the surrounds. It gives my sub a workout.

I don't know, some reason the TV setting sounds better on my system.
post #1195 of 1615 Old 03-19-2012, 12:23 PM

I use War Tapes setting, but don´t listen a Big difference between this and the others,
post #1196 of 1615 Old 03-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w View Post

You forgot it was me?....Now I'm very upset and refuse to play with you for 3-5 days....

Funniest part was they kept only coming 1 or 2 at a time. With a big pick me off sign on their foreheads. You'd think after the fourth or fifth time they would have slowed down and come as a group.

PS...I gave up BF3 because I was irritated the mic wouldn't work. I may try it again this week. Have to say playing the multiplayer maps on Mass Effect is a lot less irritating even with the noobs.

TV - Samsung DLP 4674W
Receiver - Pioneer 1015-K
Speakers - Polk 6901 (7.1 setup)
Sub - PSW303
DVD - LG 3510A
post #1197 of 1615 Old 03-19-2012, 03:02 PM

Because of problems with my internet connection I almost could not play BF3 this weekend, so I reluctantly "had to" play the Single Player mode, this was the second time I ever played single player mode, and must say that I felt it was way better than that first time, the HALO jump part is, in one word, EPIC.
post #1198 of 1615 Old 03-19-2012, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
Anyone play with jets on bf3? I'm getting to where I can fly them pretty well but I'm having a rough time getting any points. I've unlocked the ir flares so I'm not getting shot down... as much. Is there anyway to up my points more quickly? And also is there anyway to assure getting the planes? So many people try to get them in rush I may only actually get the plane once every 3 or 4 chances.
post #1199 of 1615 Old 03-19-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:

I use War Tapes setting, but don´t listen a Big difference between this and the others,

You're right, it's not a huge difference - it seems to be more of an ambiance boost than anything else.

post #1200 of 1615 Old 03-19-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonnash View Post

Anyone play with jets on bf3? I'm getting to where I can fly them pretty well but I'm having a rough time getting any points. I've unlocked the ir flares so I'm not getting shot down... as much. Is there anyway to up my points more quickly? And also is there anyway to assure getting the planes? So many people try to get them in rush I may only actually get the plane once every 3 or 4 chances.

I'm no good with jets, but there are some tutorials on youtube worth looking for. I think if you've flown other simulators before you would be okay, but I am awful. Much better with helicopters, mostly due to the second co-op mission and lots of crashes.

As far as getting points fast, you are probably better at strafing runs in conquest and just hope you kill people or tanks when they are clustered together and rack up the points that way.

Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page