post #1201 of 1615 Old 03-20-2012, 01:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchPope View Post

I'm no good with jets, but there are some tutorials on youtube worth looking for. I think if you've flown other simulators before you would be okay, but I am awful. Much better with helicopters, mostly due to the second co-op mission and lots of crashes.

As far as getting points fast, you are probably better at strafing runs in conquest and just hope you kill people or tanks when they are clustered together and rack up the points that way.

I'm not good at the choppers. I have flown other flight sims, some combat based, but they were all on pc. I watched some tutorials and most of the stuff are things I'm already doing. I may have to go on conquest as it looks like there are more jets available and quite possibly the tanks/soldiers won't be spread out as much. Just unlocked heat seakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1615 Old 03-20-2012, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Another glitch to report. When I pick a match ( quick match rush only) it plays one level rush and then randomizes. I keep getting conquest and sometimes deathmatch. And it seems only expansion maps.
post #1203 of 1615 Old 03-20-2012, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonnash View Post

Another glitch to report. When I pick a match ( quick match rush only) it plays one level rush and then randomizes. I keep getting conquest and sometimes deathmatch. And it seems only expansion maps.

I´ve never seen that glitch, Did you re-downloaded the Back to kharkand expansion pack, that solves the Weapon glitch, and maybe your problem.
post #1204 of 1615 Old 03-20-2012, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Anybody follow bf3 on twitter. The vid they posted today was awesome.
post #1205 of 1615 Old 03-20-2012, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlalotoani View Post

I´ve never seen that glitch, Did you re-downloaded the Back to kharkand expansion pack, that solves the Weapon glitch, and maybe your problem.

Haven't redownloaded anything. When you say weapon glitch do you mean the no weapon at spawn glitch or the certain weapon held over your head glitch?
post #1206 of 1615 Old 03-20-2012, 10:58 PM

Liked: 10
Brandon,

I saw that too. I thought it was related to the upgrade from early this morning.

Did you also notice how it when the maps were loading it would show the server name on the left side of the screen?

EDIT: On their twitter feed, it seems like they will fix it at 1am PST. However I wish they kept that mode around, kind of fun to play different modes each time.
post #1207 of 1615 Old 03-20-2012, 11:51 PM
AVS Special Member

You can play different modes now by just leaving the option to any instead of picking rush or conquest, etc. I didn't notice the upgrade, but will have to take a look when I get back on.
post #1208 of 1615 Old 03-21-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:

Haven't redownloaded anything. When you say weapon glitch do you mean the no weapon at spawn glitch or the certain weapon held over your head glitch?

Yep that´s the one I´m talking about.

In the Battlefield forum there was a post where said that the Back to K DLC was fixed and by re-downloading you could fix the glitch.

I did it and it worked.
post #1209 of 1615 Old 03-21-2012, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mine got finished downloading a few minutes ago. I'll check it out in a bit.
post #1210 of 1615 Old 03-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

that's just the way it is now with qucimatch.... I too used quickmatch to find rush games.... now it looks like you have to use server browser...

http://mp1st.com/2012/03/21/a-guide-...erver-browser/
post #1211 of 1615 Old 03-22-2012, 11:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Just found my new favorite weapon...sort of weapon. Gunner seat in a viper helicopter. I was trying to get in a jet, and on rush its hard to get in one, but I ended up in the helicopter's gunner seat and man am I glad I did. While not my highest scoring or most kills I've had it's certainly the best K/D ratio I've had. 25-0. That thing is insane. I'm absolutely going to try and get back in that seat again.

http://bf3stats.com/report/ps3/36997328#brandonnash
post #1212 of 1615 Old 03-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

Just found my new favorite weapon...sort of weapon. Gunner seat in a viper helicopter. I was trying to get in a jet, and on rush its hard to get in one, but I ended up in the helicopter's gunner seat and man am I glad I did. While not my highest scoring or most kills I've had it's certainly the best K/D ratio I've had. 25-0. That thing is insane. I'm absolutely going to try and get back in that seat again.

Yeah, I've had the privilege on about 4 maybe 5 occasions. The First time was on Karg Island, and the pilot was awesome, its funny how the machine gun can take out the tanks. I loaded up during that round, I was able to get in twice more on wake island, I bitched about it a few posts back, the damn pilot would not take off, just sat their on the aircraft deck, so I figured out how to take out the heli and killed us both to get him out of the pilot seat, but couldn't get back in, got the seat on wake island again a week or two later, but the pilot sucked and crashed shortly after take off.

Moral of the story, if you have a good pilot, your a killing machine. I'm hitting 25%.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
post #1213 of 1615 Old 03-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

sorry last night i didn't join your game, i was in the middle of a good one when i got your request... then my system froze and i took a break, I came back on and saw you were playing, but it wouldn't let me join.

anyways, I'd love to fly chopper for a decent gunner... please if you are going to gun.... be aware that you should have IR flares available to you as a gunner... both pilot and gunner get them... the gunners only recharge every 20 seconds, but they are still needed for the 11 seconds the pilot can't use them again.... most gunners don't use their flares and it's frustrating
post #1214 of 1615 Old 03-23-2012, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post

Yeah, I've had the privilege on about 4 maybe 5 occasions. The First time was on Karg Island, and the pilot was awesome, its funny how the machine gun can take out the tanks. I loaded up during that round, I was able to get in twice more on wake island, I bitched about it a few posts back, the damn pilot would not take off, just sat their on the aircraft deck, so I figured out how to take out the heli and killed us both to get him out of the pilot seat, but couldn't get back in, got the seat on wake island again a week or two later, but the pilot sucked and crashed shortly after take off.

Moral of the story, if you have a good pilot, your a killing machine. I'm hitting 25%.

Yeah, I know the feeling. I had only been in the gunners seat once before and got 3 kills with it I believe. The guy was an ok pilot but the one last night had an extreme way of flying. He would get extemely high and a long way out before making his rocket run. It worked out because I could run through two or 3 magazines on the cannon before he finished his run completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkoza View Post

sorry last night i didn't join your game, i was in the middle of a good one when i got your request... then my system froze and i took a break, I came back on and saw you were playing, but it wouldn't let me join.

anyways, I'd love to fly chopper for a decent gunner... please if you are going to gun.... be aware that you should have IR flares available to you as a gunner... both pilot and gunner get them... the gunners only recharge every 20 seconds, but they are still needed for the 11 seconds the pilot can't use them again.... most gunners don't use their flares and it's frustrating

That's cool. A friend had started a game and we needed a couple extra people playing. Ended up that I had to take my kids to their grandfathers house midway thru the game (which at the time I was in 1st place on the team and that ticked me off).

I did have the ir flare unlocked and used them extensively. Collectively me and the pilot managed to really piss off pretty much their whole team so we were hearing lock ons most of the match. I ended up unlocking stealth, heat seekers, and zoom optics all during that game. And yeah, pretty cool that you can kill tanks. I believe I got 3 of them. I'm going to try for that seat every chance I get.
post #1215 of 1615 Old 03-23-2012, 04:56 PM

27th is the drop date for the big patch

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4780279541805/
post #1216 of 1615 Old 03-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Ever since I downloaded Back to K, my game has been freezing alot! Especially on the loading screen when I first start the game. What gives?
post #1217 of 1615 Old 03-25-2012, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Did you recently download it? There was a fix put in I believe that was mentioned earlier in the thread (within the last week or so) that said if you re download the expansion pack it will fix some of the bugs. I did this and have had a lot fewer lock ups, but it still happens. Its pretty rare now. I had a week off work and spent a lot of time playing last week and only had a couple times when it locked up.

Anyone want to try some co-op on the helicopter map? I've tried playing public but I seem to always get bad pilots or when I'm flying (still learning) I guess I'm also not good enough for the gunner, although I'm much better than a lot of the other pilots I've been on with.
post #1218 of 1615 Old 03-25-2012, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Did you recently download it? There was a fix put in I believe that was mentioned earlier in the thread (within the last week or so) that said if you re download the expansion pack it will fix some of the bugs. I did this and have had a lot fewer lock ups, but it still happens. Its pretty rare now. I had a week off work and spent a lot of time playing last week and only had a couple times when it locked up.

Anyone want to try some co-op on the helicopter map? I've tried playing public but I seem to always get bad pilots or when I'm flying (still learning) I guess I'm also not good enough for the gunner, although I'm much better than a lot of the other pilots I've been on with.

I consider myself a good pilot. Been flying since Bad Company 2, but the constant lock ons drive me crazy. Recently ive been liking the smaller matches of squad deathmatch. It's more intense and more teamwork.
post #1219 of 1615 Old 03-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokenAshes View Post

I consider myself a good pilot. Been flying since Bad Company 2, but the constant lock ons drive me crazy. Recently ive been liking the smaller matches of squad deathmatch. It's more intense and more teamwork.

Btw I downloaded it I think like 2 weeks ago. My PSN is Molekh
post #1220 of 1615 Old 03-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

patch is out tomorrow sometime, a lot of little changes as discussed, should be interesting!
post #1221 of 1615 Old 03-26-2012, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

I went back thru and had a look at all of the changes and I still believe some are good and some are bad. Seems like they are making the effective guns less effective and the ones that no one complains about more effective. The famas going to 25 rounds seems pretty junky. At full auto you will have barely over 1.5 seconds of bullets before your mag runs dry. Some things I like are the increase in spawn protection. Too many times I get killed spawning on someone and I'm getting shot before the screen fully comes into view.
post #1222 of 1615 Old 03-26-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokenAshes View Post

Ever since I downloaded Back to K, my game has been freezing alot! Especially on the loading screen when I first start the game. What gives?

I had a lot of freezing even before downloading Back to K., thought it was due to a problem with my PS3 reading the BF3 disc, now I think I found the reason, the last 2 weeks I had A LOT of problems with noise in my telephone line (my internet provider) and the internet connection was working at times and in some others didn´t, well, by watching my DSL modem (or whatever its name is) discovered that when the connection status changen during game loading it freezes, now that I solved the noise problem I have no longer the freezing problem.
post #1223 of 1615 Old 03-27-2012, 01:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Found a copy of the LE at toysrus for $30 and finally got to play online. I loved the feel of the game and working with a team, but man did several things annoy me.

1. Got sniped very often, and usually 3-5 people were on the same rock...

2. Just how long range is the shotty? I got sniped by them several times.

3. Any good guns that I can use on both sides? Not liking the limited loadouts on each side. Im still pretty low level at the moment.

4. Why are all the games on the Karkand maps? All the game will show me on the server list is from them.

5. Do rockets with lock on actually have a chance of hitting a plane? Never could get them to hit.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #1224 of 1615 Old 03-27-2012, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Found a copy of the LE at toysrus for $30 and finally got to play online. I loved the feel of the game and working with a team, but man did several things annoy me.

1. Got sniped very often, and usually 3-5 people were on the same rock...

3. Any good guns that I can use on both sides? Not liking the limited loadouts on each side. Im still pretty low level at the moment.

4. Why are all the games on the Karkand maps? All the game will show me on the server list is from them.

5. Do rockets with lock on actually have a chance of hitting a plane? Never could get them to hit.

I have a question for you...was the LE you found at toys r us for $30 on sale or regular price and was it purchased recently? I have a friend wanting it but not wanting to pay $60 for it.

1- getting sniped is rough. Easiest way to counter is just counter snipe or close the distance and kill them all with a shorter range weapon. I switch to the mg36 if I get a chance to make several sniper kills.

2- this seems like there is still some debate with this. Personally I don't believe its very accurate especially at long ranges. If you pull the trigger once and then wait for the recoil to subside and then fire again it shoots at 2 different spots. Some people say they can use it with frag rounds to 300 yards. I call BS on that. It was luck or high rez pc if they did. And I'm assuming you mean the usas-12?

3-several guns available on both sides depending on your rank. If you downloaded the expansion guns also you get a few guns for both sides. The type 88 lmg is one.

4-in the server browser hit L3 I believe (maybe R3) for a filter. You can select which maps you want to search for.

5-yes they do, but its difficult 99% of the time. Because of their fast speed its hard to lock on. You almost have to catch them on a cross run so you're locked in as soon as possible and then fire. Your only chance of hitting anyone is if they're a new pilot without ir flares or a careless pilot. Or 2 or 3 of your teammates have him locked at the same time. Difficult but not entirely impossible. I've hit planes, but never straight taken one down.
post #1225 of 1615 Old 03-27-2012, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Does anyone know what time the patch is going to be put in effect? And also will the system go down while this is going on?
post #1226 of 1615 Old 03-27-2012, 10:20 AM

I got the download early this am, around 1 am. Pacific time.
After the installation, I tried to play but it said there were not compatible servers available. combined with the PSN issues last night, I gave up.

Will give it another shot this PM.
post #1227 of 1615 Old 03-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Ok, I just got the M98, and was having some fun on Strike at Karkand or Sharqi Peninsula, get these confused, up on the crane, any way, I was killed by a USAS. from a guy on the ground, not even close to my location.

So the range is damn good. It's a shame I will not get to level 43 intime to get some revenge.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
post #1228 of 1615 Old 03-27-2012, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

I believe with some gameplay you'll see that the same guys making those shots like that are the same ones that make 300 yard headshots with the famas and holo optics.
post #1229 of 1615 Old 03-27-2012, 12:08 PM

Two nights ago I got a 150 yards headshot with the MP-7 needless to say it was pure luck
post #1230 of 1615 Old 03-27-2012, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Anyone else notice that the PS3 patch includes "the ability to turn off anti-aliasing in the menus to improve input lag on PS3". Glad to see Dice address this isue that has bothered some of us. Hoping it gives a noticeable improvement so that I can go back to playing in a higher resolution than 480p.

-----------------------------------------------

"Blow, ye wind, like the trumpet blows. But without that noise."
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page