post #1231 of 1615 Old 03-27-2012, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Forehand View Post

Anyone else notice that the PS3 patch includes "the ability to turn off anti-aliasing in the menus to improve input lag on PS3". Glad to see Dice address this isue that has bothered some of us. Hoping it gives a noticeable improvement so that I can go back to playing in a higher resolution than 480p.

What was the issue with the AA?

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1232 of 1615 Old 03-27-2012, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The quick match for whatever you are trying to get into seems to also include BTK only servers when they are currently in that mode.
BTK only servers switch up the modes and only use BTK maps. If you select QM for Rush, and the server rotation on that server is currently in rush, you may get thrown into it. I did the other day.
post #1233 of 1615 Old 03-27-2012, 07:57 PM

Liked: 11
Nothing is really wrong with the AA, its just that it uses more resources and DICE feels that's what causes the input lag. I never noticed it to begin with, but I will try it both ways next time I play.
post #1234 of 1615 Old 03-27-2012, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Anyone notice you can now purchase add ons to unlock every weapon for each class and vehicle on this weeks PSN store update? You can even purchase the add on to unlock all the co op weapons. I believe it's $40 to get all the add ons in one package.

Although it's tempting, I prefer to unlock everything the hard way.
post #1235 of 1615 Old 03-27-2012, 10:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
I'm wondering if they have taken stuff away just to be made available for sale. The 12x scope and extended mags for the qbb95 and mg36 are no longer available.

As I said before, some I like, some dislike. I like that you can quit between games now. I like the pkp's recoil reduction. I don't like that they dumbed down good guns to make a level playing field. What's the point of having unlocks if the guns are no better than before? The c4 change...up to debate. I personally don't like it and am sure the reason they did this was for realism. I'm for that to a degree. A good combo of realism and solid gameplay is the way to go. Respawning would be against their realism. So if I can come back to life, why can't I have my c4?
post #1236 of 1615 Old 03-27-2012, 11:27 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonnash View Post

I'm wondering if they have taken stuff away just to be made available for sale. The 12x scope and extended mags for the qbb95 and mg36 are no longer available.

As I said before, some I like, some dislike. I like that you can quit between games now. I like the pkp's recoil reduction. I don't like that they dumbed down good guns to make a level playing field. What's the point of having unlocks if the guns are no better than before? The c4 change...up to debate. I personally don't like it and am sure the reason they did this was for realism. I'm for that to a degree. A good combo of realism and solid gameplay is the way to go. Respawning would be against their realism. So if I can come back to life, why can't I have my c4?

I agree as well. I'm not happy about weapons getting nerfed. Most of the weapons people have been complaining about as being overpowered take a while to unlock. Now, what's the point playing many hours to unlock those weapons when they have now been nerfed to level the playing field? I really don't like the MAV change where you are no longer able to destroy helicopters. I think you should still be able to destroy helicopters, but to make it more realistic, the mav will be destroyed as well. Not how it is now where the mav is destroyed and it won't destroy a helicopter. I'm happy you can quit between games now.
post #1237 of 1615 Old 03-28-2012, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think turning off anti-aliasing definitely helped a little on the input lag. May do some further testing to confirm. Felt better to me anyway, and the loss in "smoothing" was only noticeable if you stop and look at it - something I never do on the battlefield.

Thing that annoyed me in my limited play last night was being totally unable to lock on a low flying chopper with the stinger. I spent maybe 5 minutes and several lives trying to get a lock, thinking it was just a glitch. However, in looking at the upgrade list it said that the "Below Radar" perk for choppers has been improved so that stingers are unable to get a lock on at all if you fly at low altitude.

I was eventually able to take the chopper out with a standard RPG and direct hit after several tries - because he was flying low. However, if you are carrying a stinger then you are SOL and it's just a useless piece of crap to carry around. At least they should have given the ability to manually fire the stinger and have it act like an RPG when choppers are flying low and you can't get a lock.

More gifts for chopper whores.

-----------------------------------------------

"Blow, ye wind, like the trumpet blows. But without that noise."
post #1238 of 1615 Old 03-28-2012, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Every time I try to re-download Back to Karkand the PS3 freezes on me and I have to turn it off at the system. Has this happened to anyone else?

www.twitter.com/anthonycmoreno
PSN - anthonycm
XB1 - anthonycmo
post #1239 of 1615 Old 03-29-2012, 12:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, after trying out several different guns tonight and have determined one thing...the support class has been raped. Increased the recoil on nearly every gun, and the pkp, which had recoil reduction, is sporadic if the new reduction sticks or not. Sometimes huge recoil from that and sometimes reduced. C4 doesn't keep on anything after you die. Almost no reason to keep playing that class. With some of the other things they changed I don't like the game nearly as much. I'll keep playing but I'm going to have to change my playing style.

Edit: just found a list of "updates" that were not announced.

http://mp1st.com/2012/03/28/a-list-o...3-patch-notes/
post #1240 of 1615 Old 03-29-2012, 05:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:

Well, after trying out several different guns tonight and have determined one thing...the support class has been raped. Increased the recoil on nearly every gun, and the pkp, which had recoil reduction, is sporadic if the new reduction sticks or not. Sometimes huge recoil from that and sometimes reduced. C4 doesn't keep on anything after you die. Almost no reason to keep playing that class. With some of the other things they changed I don't like the game nearly as much. I'll keep playing but I'm going to have to change my playing style.

Edit: just found a list of "updates" that were not announced.

http://mp1st.com/2012/03/28/a-list-o...3-patch-notes/

I thought C4 always disappeared when you died.
post #1241 of 1615 Old 03-29-2012, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Before the patch when you respawned you still had the c4 planted and could blow it up. I think it should still be like that. If I have c4 on a tank, the time it takes me to spawn is plenty of time for the tank driver to get rid of the c4.
post #1242 of 1615 Old 03-29-2012, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Played last night for the first time after the patch. Interesting stuff. For starters, it seems like the helicopters got way more powerful. The pilots racked up huge K/D totals in all games I played. Nobody was able to knock them out of the sky and they were tearing up my tanks like never before.

Maybe it was just good pilots but it seemed like my tanks were being SHREDDED.

Chalk me up for being glad they finally nerfed that sniper shotgun.

PSN = JUST_KEVIN
post #1243 of 1615 Old 03-29-2012, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Just to add - last night was the first time I actually used that tank smoke. Had to use it all game just to keep the heli's off me.

And using it only annoyed the heli pilots more so then they focused exclusively on "getting me" instead of their usual runs.

It was funny when the smoke worked because it diverted all the heli fire onto an empty cloud and away from me.

PSN = JUST_KEVIN
post #1244 of 1615 Old 03-29-2012, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

I tried an attack heli with a pretty good pilot and we kept getting shot down. You know have to stay a long way away from the target because they have upped the effectiveness of the anti air missles. One hit you're disabled. Makes flying very difficult. A few days ago I went 25-0 in the gunners seat. Last night I got 1 kill and about 4 deaths. Gave up. Looks like the ecm jammer is a necessity now...and I don't have it yet.
post #1245 of 1615 Old 03-29-2012, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
I've become damn good at hitting helis with the tanks.

Talk about annoying them. One shot instakill now,
Be careful.
post #1246 of 1615 Old 03-29-2012, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Where's the "like" button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post

I've become damn good at hitting helis with the tanks.

Talk about annoying them. One shot instakill now,
Be careful.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

post #1247 of 1615 Old 03-29-2012, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

post #1248 of 1615 Old 03-29-2012, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Hitting a heli with a tank is a great feeling. We will probably all be adjusting our game play to this as more heli pilots use that 'under the radar' perk which stops the missile attacks but puts them so close to the tanks that they could give tank drivers a haircut.

PSN = JUST_KEVIN
post #1249 of 1615 Old 03-30-2012, 11:54 AM

I'm still getting used to the changes. The most maddening are the gun adjustments, as I've gotten used to the timing of the different guns. It's frustrating to die and see you had the guy at 4%, when previously you would have gotten a kill

I'm also bummed about the C4 changes, but it does make sense.

The other thing I've noticed is that RPG and Javelin seem more powerful. I couldn't remember the last time I got blown up by one of those in a vehicle. Mines and C4, yes, but RPG/Javelins?

I guess this does keep the game fresh though.
post #1250 of 1615 Old 03-31-2012, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm getting past the changes, but does dice not test these changes before actually putting them in place? Just seems like glitch after glitch. Had 12 kills in an amtrack and got no points for it. The weird bad/decent recoil is still there too.
post #1251 of 1615 Old 04-01-2012, 08:49 PM

Has anyone gotten a strange orange triangle in the top right corner of your screen? It's a orange triangle with what looks like a disconnected cable/plug

Today, I've gotten it a couple times during matches. Originally I thought it was latency related, but the internet circuit was fine. I know it's not my connection, as I could see the rest of the game moving ahead (kills, etc,) except I couldn't move.

Specifically I saw this on Rush in Metro and canals. Frustrating cuz the only way to get out is to suicide.
post #1252 of 1615 Old 04-02-2012, 07:07 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthkim View Post

The other thing I've noticed is that RPG and Javelin seem more powerful. I couldn't remember the last time I got blown up by one of those in a vehicle. Mines and C4, yes, but RPG/Javelins?

I'm not sure that the RPG/Javelin are more powerful, I think they made the armour less resilient. If you hit a tank with an AP tank round or guided missile from a chopper in the right spot (top down or rear), you can also disable them in one shot. Maybe this will help convince more snipers to use SOFLAM to laser designate targets for engineers.

post #1253 of 1615 Old 04-02-2012, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Javelin is more powerful against tanks, now you can disable one with a single Jav, , forgotten the dark era when you hit 5 times a tank with a jav and not getting a single kill
post #1254 of 1615 Old 04-02-2012, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Haven't seen this posted anywhere, probably because nobody but me does this foolishness, but the EOD bot has been somewhat nerfed by the patch as well.

There appears to be less armor on it. Fewer shots will now destroy it. And the bot 'dies' after I run over one enemy with it. No more cruising around the Metro map doing laps running over multiple enemies laying down. It's one and done now.

Still a fun way to play Metro, just not as powerful as before.

PSN = JUST_KEVIN
post #1255 of 1615 Old 04-07-2012, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Found yet another glitch. Mortar above head. Won't let you deploy the mortar at all. Just hangs the mortar above your head and won't let you set it up. Haven't been able to find any info on it at all. Anyone know of a fix to this? Was playing with it last night just fine and today tried it on 3 different maps and it won't work.
post #1256 of 1615 Old 04-07-2012, 03:58 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:

Found yet another glitch. Mortar above head. Won't let you deploy the mortar at all. Just hangs the mortar above your head and won't let you set it up. Haven't been able to find any info on it at all. Anyone know of a fix to this? Was playing with it last night just fine and today tried it on 3 different maps and it won't work.

Did you redownload the Back to Karkand pack? I had an issue that when I unlocked the MG36 it was always deployed with my arms outstretched, or something weird. The notes said it was rare, but a patch had been made and after you re-dl the B2K pack it should be fixed. Worked for me.

post #1257 of 1615 Old 04-07-2012, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes I've redownloaded. The mg36 is fixed and has been for a couple weeks but this is new just today.
post #1258 of 1615 Old 04-07-2012, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Finally found something on it, but I don't know how valid it is. Someone posted on the battlelog forum that you can't deploy motars in or around your spawn. Seems pointless if you can't do that on smaller maps.
post #1259 of 1615 Old 04-07-2012, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 62
i will never buy a battlefield game again. this thing still plays like a beta. reload animation doesn't always play. and the sound keeps cutting out. sometimes all i can hear are the guns firing and the sound of jets. everything else is dead quiet. i can't count how many times i've died from my guy failing to jump over a 3 foot object the first time. and i don't even want to talk about the connection. i only pick servers that i get full bar pings to and i still get lag. dedicated servers apparently aren't worth anything if ea and dice are running them. it's just ridiculous. i knew this game was being rushed to beat cod to market. and i was right.

and the patch. it takes almost a gig to tweak some guns and such. cod does this either server side or in patches that are only 20 megs or so. and don't think i'm giving props to cod. i ****ing hate that game series.

500 gigs FTW.
post #1260 of 1615 Old 04-09-2012, 09:31 AM

i have a question for the avs platoon, how many members play frequently, and run as a squad/team? Is there a certain night that gets a stronger outing/showing?

Just curious, don't post much on this site, more of a lurker.... Post more on Blu-ray.com forums, and a member of the blu-ray forum platoon... We vary between 3-7 platoon members (est/cst/mst)... stronger showings on Friday or saturday evening, than weekdays....

PSN= Jamweiser
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page