post #1591 of 1615 Old 08-31-2013, 05:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post

[quote name="Verge2" url="/t/1312808/battlefield-3-for-ps3/1560#post_23687038"]First time playing in about 8 months. Spawn camping, massive disadvantaged teams, sniper feasts. When did bf3 turn into call of duty. No strategy at all, just button mashing. I didn't have any fun.[/quote]tons of noobs playing these days, that's what happens when the games are no longer a premium price, @ $20's everyone starts playing, but it's a lot of fun with friends, but as you said very often, the other team is full of noobs with out mic's and they get their buts kicked, even the few colonels they have are no help, even being on the winning team, is not a lot of fun. it's just time to BF4 to come out, and we'll start the cycle all over again. It will be great the first year, and for a month after each new map pack is release, but really, when you get can the BF3 premium for $20's, you going to get the COD crowd, fun and gun.I played 1750 tickets Gulf of Oman, the other day, over a 2 hour match, my mic was dead, which was fine, these really annoying guys were playing it up on my squad, not very good. I kept asking for ammo, you know via the select button, "I need some F$#$@%# ammo here". and you know I have the big ammo icon over my head, and not once did those idiots ever drop any ammo. I came in 3rd on the team, ended up being a very close match, we just pulled it off, and then those moron's send me a fried request, really, drop some ammo you dumb@$$, this ain't cod.recall I said it was a two hour match, I asked for ammo many, many times. also, just a thought, since the adults don't have to wait for their parents to buy them a PS4, I would think BF4 on the PS4 should be great for some time to come, only the serious gamer on a new game on a new platform.

Guy I work with tried BF when it was free. He's a COD player. Think he said he played 6 hours of TDM. I was complaining about the D pad placement. Why he asked? He played 6 hours and did not realize he had additional abilities he could do. So that doesn't surprise me. They probably think the only ammo you get is randomly placed on the map....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1592 of 1615 Old 08-31-2013, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Lol don't they show you what buttons do what the first time you play? I can't remember.
post #1593 of 1615 Old 08-31-2013, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 429
Yea and it doesn't improve my opinion of general COD players...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
post #1594 of 1615 Old 09-04-2013, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post

tons of noobs playing these days, that's what happens when the games are no longer a premium price, @ $20's everyone starts playing, but it's a lot of fun with friends, but as you said very often, the other team is full of noobs with out mic's and they get their buts kicked, even the few colonels they have are no help, even being on the winning team, is not a lot of fun. it's just time to BF4 to come out, and we'll start the cycle all over again. It will be great the first year, and for a month after each new map pack is release, but really, when you get can the BF3 premium for $20's, you going to get the COD crowd, fun and gun.

I played 1750 tickets Gulf of Oman, the other day, over a 2 hour match, my mic was dead, which was fine, these really annoying guys were playing it up on my squad, not very good. I kept asking for ammo, you know via the select button, "I need some F$#$@%# ammo here". and you know I have the big ammo icon over my head, and not once did those idiots ever drop any ammo. I came in 3rd on the team, ended up being a very close match, we just pulled it off, and then those moron's send me a fried request, really, drop some ammo you dumb@$$, this ain't cod.

recall I said it was a two hour match, I asked for ammo many, many times.

also, just a thought, since the adults don't have to wait for their parents to buy them a PS4, I would think BF4 on the PS4 should be great for some time to come, only the serious gamer on a new game on a new platform.

That's how it was for me.. I started off on the PC, but my video card was lagging so I picked up a used copy at GS before the EA online pass being dropped so I was pissed I had to pay just to play online..

because the game was cheap then was not as fun as say BFBC2... to this date I don't think I got over lvl 30 yet.. just got a little bored.
post #1595 of 1615 Old 09-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I'm thinking BF4 on PS4 or even the new Xbox, should be great for a a few months, or first year, the new console is going to limit your players to the rich and the diehard, your not going to see this bundle discounted come black Friday.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
post #1596 of 1615 Old 09-06-2013, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
I don't think the PS4 is that expensive if you compare it to the PS3 when it was new.
freemeat likes this.
post #1597 of 1615 Old 09-29-2013, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Hey guys,
Yes I'm 2 years late to this thread, I was an 360 bf3 player.

I have had a fairly difficult time adjusting the R3 sensitivity to the similar setting on the 360.
Building upon that issue, I can not get the jet aiming toned down. If it were a mouse, I'd say the sensitivity feels likes the small finite aiming movements are set to 2500 dpi.

I would like a tip on how to aim in the jets without wiggling like the crosshair like the jet has Parkinson's disease.

I see the youtube vids of PC players (hard to search youtube for jet gameplay from just console players) and MAN their reticles are STEADY EDDY! What gives?

Am I missing a correct setting or do all console players have this issue?

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #1598 of 1615 Old 09-29-2013, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

Hey guys,
Yes I'm 2 years late to this thread, I was an 360 bf3 player.

I have had a fairly difficult time adjusting the R3 sensitivity to the similar setting on the 360.
Building upon that issue, I can not get the jet aiming toned down. If it were a mouse, I'd say the sensitivity feels likes the small finite aiming movements are set to 2500 dpi.

I would like a tip on how to aim in the jets without wiggling like the crosshair like the jet has Parkinson's disease.

I see the youtube vids of PC players (hard to search youtube for jet gameplay from just console players) and MAN their reticles are STEADY EDDY! What gives?

Am I missing a correct setting or do all console players have this issue?

I have the same issue in a jet. On the ground with a gun my aim is steady, throw me up in a jet and I shoot circles around the target.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1599 of 1615 Old 09-30-2013, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 99
I had the same issues a couple months ago when I DL'ed BF3 for free for signing up for PS+. My plan was to get familiar with the PS controls, but then when I realized the the triggers would be different and the PS4 controller's analog stick will be a little more firm than the PS3 I figured it was kind of a waste of time. In reality though the biggest difference for me was having the D-pad above the left analog stick instead of below it.

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro

my blu ray collection -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my modest theater -
post #1600 of 1615 Old 09-30-2013, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

I have the same issue in a jet. On the ground with a gun my aim is steady, throw me up in a jet and I shoot circles around the target.

So I'm not a maroon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

I had the same issues a couple months ago when I DL'ed BF3 for free for signing up for PS+. My plan was to get familiar with the PS controls, but then when I realized the the triggers would be different and the PS4 controller's analog stick will be a little more firm than the PS3 I figured it was kind of a waste of time. In reality though the biggest difference for me was having the D-pad above the left analog stick instead of below it.

The D-pad didn't affect me at all, as in I never considered it. The select button is WAY harder to spot with, I bet most PS players never realized how much easier it was on 360.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #1601 of 1615 Old 09-30-2013, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

The D-pad didn't affect me at all, as in I never considered it. The select button is WAY harder to spot with, I bet most PS players never realized how much easier it was on 360.

I'm with you on that...the D-pad I got used to after a while but the select button was beyond infuriating.

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro

my blu ray collection -

my modest theater -
post #1602 of 1615 Old 10-02-2013, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
Hey guys if you are a premium member you can download bf4 beta and play it now. I have been on most of the morning. Still some glitches they have to work out but seems pretty fun so far.

post #1603 of 1615 Old 10-02-2013, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Here is a screen shot from this morning.

post #1604 of 1615 Old 10-02-2013, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

OK, tapa talk isn't letting me post it. Will try again.

post #1605 of 1615 Old 10-02-2013, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 72
yeah we've all been discussing it in the xbox 360 BF3 thread.

Zath soaring school:

Battlefield 3 AVS stats:

Remember Nexus

post #1606 of 1615 Old 10-02-2013, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
As usual, I have to get the hang of it, looks and feels like a whole new game, but kind of remember me a lot like BF2.

Comparing the graphics between PC and PS3 I find HUGE differences, in conquest mode (PS3) I feel like I´m in a GOLDEN EYE level, doesn´t seem to have much detail in the scenario, I was waiting for this demo to make my desition if I was going to make the jump to PS4 this year or early next year, but seems like BF4 is not going to be what I expected, so probably will keep my old trusty PS3 for one more year, still can change my mind. tongue.gif
post #1607 of 1615 Old 10-02-2013, 04:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlalotoani View Post

As usual, I have to get the hang of it, looks and feels like a whole new game, but kind of remember me a lot like BF2.

Comparing the graphics between PC and PS3 I find HUGE differences, in conquest mode (PS3) I feel like I´m in a GOLDEN EYE level, doesn´t seem to have much detail in the scenario, I was waiting for this demo to make my desition if I was going to make the jump to PS4 this year or early next year, but seems like BF4 is not going to be what I expected, so probably will keep my old trusty PS3 for one more year, still can change my mind. tongue.gif

But isn't the PS4 version going to be alot closer to PC levels and be much better than PS3?

Vizio M601D-A3R w/ Vizio VSB207BT soundbar and Yamaha YST-SW215 Sub | Vizio M501D-A2R | PS3 Slim | PS4 | Harmony 650 Remote | DirecTV Genie WHDVR
post #1608 of 1615 Old 10-02-2013, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1022 View Post

But isn't the PS4 version going to be alot closer to PC levels and be much better than PS3?

Yes, sorry, I wasn´t clear, biggrin.gif What I didn´t say was that even with better graphics and more players (PS4) didn´t feel like the jump to PS4 RIGHT NOW would woth the effort ($$$) considering that only BF4 and Watch Dogs where the only games in wich I was interested RIGHT NOW. cool.gif
post #1609 of 1615 Old 10-02-2013, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

From the little I have read even the ps4 version is going to be 720p. I was hoping for 1080. I won't be making an immediate jump to ps4. At this point it looks more like a status thing than an actual big upgrade.
Leo_Ames and tlalotoani like this.

post #1610 of 1615 Old 10-02-2013, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonnash View Post

From the little I have read even the ps4 version is going to be 720p. I was hoping for 1080. I won't be making an immediate jump to ps4. At this point it looks more like a status thing than an actual big upgrade.

Dice and EA keep flip flopping, we have heard everything from 720p to 1080p from them.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #1611 of 1615 Old 10-04-2013, 03:36 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Dice and EA keep flip flopping, we have heard everything from 720p to 1080p from them.

I'm hoping the game will run at 1080p 60fps. The demo of the game EA was showing on the PS4 was running higher then 720. Lets hope the final version will run at 1080.
post #1612 of 1615 Old 10-04-2013, 10:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Only the Xbox One has had any confirmation of resolution as of yet in the current builds. There have been suggestions that there is some conflict between DICE and EA on whether or not to hobble the PS4 version to the same specs as the Xbox One version.

I see no point in preordering, there will be plenty of stock of games.
post #1613 of 1615 Old 10-06-2013, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonnash View Post

It's a massive upgrade.

Either you don't understand hardware or you are just mad you didn't preorder one.
post #1614 of 1615 Old 10-07-2013, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 61
If it can't run current games at 1080 then it's not a big enough upgrade. It's a big upgrade. But massive? No.

500 gigs FTW.
post #1615 of 1615 Old 10-07-2013, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

If it can't run current games at 1080 then it's not a big enough upgrade. It's a big upgrade. But massive? No.

It's just the resolution.

I can scale my Saturn to 1080p. It still looks like ****. Resolution is only one aspect, if you only focus on that aspect then I'm afraid specs are more important to you than the game playing experience.

It's a super massive upgrade.
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Battlefield 3 , Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Playstation3 Game Ea , Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Playstation3 Game Ea

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page