Trying to reset my PS3 slim on my HDTV but I am still seeing "no signal" Please help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 02-07-2011, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I set up my PS3 slim correctly. Hook up my HDMI cable from the PS3 to my HDTV. I make sure the HDMI cable is not loose on either side. Still seeing no signal. Tried the reset method but I am still seeing "no signal". Unplug my TV and PS3 too see if that work but to no avail and still seeing..."No signal"...Next I make sure it is not my 3 HDMI cable, so I hook it up to my Xbox 360 and they all worked perfectly.

I would also like add I did bought it from my friend earlier today and it work PERFECTLY. We were playing COD on his HDTV and I wasn't seeing "no signal" from his TV.

Is there something I am doing wrong or missing something? Because I am tired of seeing "No signal"...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-08-2011, 12:19 AM

Hold down the power button on the front of the ps3 until it beeps a couple times. This should reset the output.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-08-2011, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

I tried that but it just turn off the system. Thanks though. Let me check if I am doing this right. I turn off the PS3 until I only see the red light. While my TV is on, I then press the power button for 5 seconds until I hear the beep which by this time I let go. Is this the correct way?
post #4 of 8 Old 02-08-2011, 05:41 AM

You need to hold the power button down until it beeps twice. This will indicate that your system has been reset.

Gaming doesn't kill people! Crazy, pent up, overly agressive, repressed, gun wielding people kill people.

PSN ID: Mbrodie617
post #5 of 8 Old 02-08-2011, 04:12 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnodavid View Post

I set up my PS3 slim correctly. Hook up my HDMI cable from the PS3 to my HDTV. I make sure the HDMI cable is not loose on either side. Still seeing no signal. Tried the reset method but I am still seeing "no signal". Unplug my TV and PS3 too see if that work but to no avail and still seeing..."No signal"...Next I make sure it is not my 3 HDMI cable, so I hook it up to my Xbox 360 and they all worked perfectly.

I would also like add I did bought it from my friend earlier today and it work PERFECTLY. We were playing COD on his HDTV and I wasn't seeing "no signal" from his TV.

Is there something I am doing wrong or missing something? Because I am tired of seeing "No signal"...

No signal through hdmi usually means you're getting a standard def signal which isn't being relayed through hdmi. Holding down the button as already mentioned usually resets the video settings but if that doesnt work for you try this: disconnect hdmi from playstation, grab the RCA cords that came with the playstation (the standard def audio and video output cables...red white and yellow) plug them into your tv or HT whatever ur setup is...then leave the hdmi unplugged from your playstation...what u want to have is playstation plugged into tv via standard def. Then turn on your ps, and you'll probs be able to access the xmb...then just go to display settings>video output setting>hdmi>custom>check all four settings (480p 720p 1080i 1080p) then press right on your controller and x to save settings...then plug the hdmi into your playstation and see if you get a signal...hope this helps.

One more thing, if this doesn't work, and your screen is still black, make sure cross color reduction filter is set to off cuz I once experienced the same issue when tinkered with that particular setting...it's found in display settings.

If all this doesn't work, throw the dam thing out the window :P

void adjustPrice{

if (hasAppleLogo == true){

price += 450;

}

}

post #6 of 8 Old 02-08-2011, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, I got the reset method to work. I click on the "restore file system" and it said my hard drive is corrupted. Do I need to buy a new hard drive to fix the black screen problem?
post #7 of 8 Old 02-16-2011, 12:05 AM

Liked: 11
So you were able to see the screen and able to read it? Was that thru hdmi or RCA? And you can buy replacement hard drives I know walmart Canada has a 500gb upgrade kit but I'm skeptical about how well it will work. It's $100. Honestly if there's something seriously wrong with the guts of your ps3 I'd suggest getting a new one from an electronics chain that offers in store warranties

void adjustPrice{

if (hasAppleLogo == true){

price += 450;

}

}

post #8 of 8 Old 02-16-2011, 05:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnodavid View Post

Ok, I got the reset method to work. I click on the "restore file system" and it said my hard drive is corrupted. Do I need to buy a new hard drive to fix the black screen problem?

Nope just fix it and you will be good to good. I had a corrupted HDD that prevented me from playing Uncharted 1. Once I restored file system everything was back to working normal.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page