Dragon's Dogma - open world, medieval action from Capcom - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 105 Old 12-23-2013, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Yeah, she has full BBI equipment, not fully upgraded, but a Drake is child's play. Sounds like you had that glitch happen. The Drake is on a 11 day respawn, but it can fall through the environment resulting in a free Dragonforge.

I thought about giving you some upgrades to your weapons and equipment, but that would make the game too easy.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 105 Old 12-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Is there a recommended way to level up? I've been switching vocations so I can find one I really like.

I like the mystic knight quite a bit so far. Only problem is keeping up with money to upgrade the different gear.

I began as a fighter and spent probably 30 levels as that before I realized switching back and forth was not an issue.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #93 of 105 Old 12-23-2013, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Stat gains are based on the class you are when leveling. You will probably want to spend time as a sorcerer if you want to be a mystic knight or magic archer, sorcerers have the highest magic gains.

Assassin has the highest attack gains, strider the highest stamina... Full breakdowns are on the wiki.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #94 of 105 Old 12-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

I switched up to sorcerer after I saw your comment and went back to the dragon. I don't know that any of my attacks were actually hurting it, but I did kill it. Took a little while.

When I rank up as a sorcerer that is just giving me new abilities right. I have to actually level up if I want the stat gains?

Trying to target with spells is horrendous. I don't want to be a spell caster for long.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #95 of 105 Old 12-24-2013, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

I switched up to sorcerer after I saw your comment and went back to the dragon. I don't know that any of my attacks were actually hurting it, but I did kill it. Took a little while.

When I rank up as a sorcerer that is just giving me new abilities right. I have to actually level up if I want the stat gains?

Trying to target with spells is horrendous. I don't want to be a spell caster for long.

The only way to hurt Drakes is to hit their heart, they wings are slightly vulnerable as well. Hitting their head breaks off horns that just tick it off.

Yes, if you want the stat gains, you must be that class at level up. Gaining class levels only affects your skills you can unlock.

I chose Assassin as my main class for the long range kills and being able to fight close range, my Arisen's only weakness is defense, any attack hits hard, but the class has lots of dodge and counter moves to make up for it.

Find the playstyle you like and the class that will help you the most and level as it. For Magic Archer you would want Sorcerer as primary, Warrior on occasion and a few as Assassin, Mystic Knight is a similar setup but it has decent enough gains that you could just main it. You will have issues with some flying enemies however.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #96 of 105 Old 12-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Yeah the magic attacks against it's heart seemed to do almost no damage. When I could actually get my sorcerer to hit the target.

I already maxed my magick archer rank, but then switched it up to knight. Those two I like the best so far, so I'm going to gain a bunch of levels as sorc to boost the magick then. I still want to try warrior and ranger or assassin.

Mystic knight is my favorite so far. Casting spells is so hard in this game.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #97 of 105 Old 12-31-2013, 09:24 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

I don't know how they did it, but the animations of the big creatures and pretty much everything is just top level. I really wish there was a PC version so I could have a much prettier version.

The wings in flight and the big cat moves. If someone hand animated all that. Well done.

Anyway, I've gone from sorc to assassin now to warrior. I love warrior vocation. I have an easier time knocking succubi out of the air as warrior than the other few I played during my time seeing them.

I couldn't find anything about it on the wiki, how do you rank up exactly? I notice I can rank up multiple times within a level. Does it have to do with experience or number of kills, killing blows. I can't figure it out. I'd like to just gain all the ranks of each vocation.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #98 of 105 Old 12-31-2013, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Rank points are earned based on the exp you earn. If the enemy is worth under 100 you get the most percentage, there are three tiers to how it drops off, the higher the exp the less you get percentage wise.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #99 of 105 Old 12-31-2013, 10:42 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

So if I wanted to farm ranks without leveling up I would go to the lowest level enemies?

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #100 of 105 Old 12-31-2013, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

So if I wanted to farm ranks without leveling up I would go to the lowest level enemies?

Goblins with a party of 3 seems the fastest, unless you want to grind against the stronger bosses. It also allows you to level up less in the process. Rift Crystals are also calculated based on exp earned as well.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #101 of 105 Old 01-05-2014, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Finally started playing this. Excellent game!

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
post #102 of 105 Old 01-05-2014, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Agreed, it's a great game. However, the demo was awful and personally killed any interest I had in the title at the time. If it wasn't for this game coming up on PS+ I would have missed it entirely which is sad.

Hopefully they continue the franchise on the PS4.

Cheers
post #103 of 105 Old 01-05-2014, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathindustrial View Post

Agreed, it's a great game. However, the demo was awful and personally killed any interest I had in the title at the time. If it wasn't for this game coming up on PS+ I would have missed it entirely which is sad.

Hopefully they continue the franchise on the PS4.

Cheers

The original demo was nothing more than a character creator and combat demo. The adventure demo that came out months later should have been what they put out in the firstplace.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #104 of 105 Old 01-05-2014, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The demo I tried plopped you almost immediately into a narrow passageway with 3 chatty Cathy pawns constantly blocking your view and nattering away incessantly about the obvious. It gave no indication of the scale or depth of the game at all (an epic RPG somewhere between Skyrim and Demon's Souls) and instead made it look like the standard action adventure Capcom game with scripted events and smallish environments. It also accentuated the least enjoyable elements of the pawn system.

Anyway, I've sunk about 70 hours into is so far and still have not finished the main quest.

Cheers
post #105 of 105 Old 01-05-2014, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathindustrial View Post

The demo I tried plopped you almost immediately into a narrow passageway with 3 chatty Cathy pawns constantly blocking your view and nattering away incessantly about the obvious. It gave no indication of the scale or depth of the game at all (an epic RPG somewhere between Skyrim and Demon's Souls) and instead made it look like the standard action adventure Capcom game with scripted events and smallish environments. It also accentuated the least enjoyable elements of the pawn system.

Anyway, I've sunk about 70 hours into is so far and still have not finished the main quest.

Cheers

Both demos had that, it was the introduction to the game. The first demo had the griffin battle by Gran Soren, the second demo went through the main story to the Hydra battle.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page